IGNORED

Rebecca K!!'s mother has passed away

Triplet3

http://hiswayserves-hiswayserves.blogspot.com/?m=1

FAO those who follow Rebecca and her family (I have for years). Rebecca posted this morning asking for urgent prayers as her mother is in a really bad way in hospital with severe heart problems. She just posted again saying that her mother's kidneys are shutting down, had to have a blood transfusion and is quite possibly dying. So sad. I think Rebecca and her sister have been failed by the fundie SOTDRT, sheltering etc, but they seem sweet and it's clear that their family genuinely loves each other and their friends. I'm holding out hope for Mrs Kellum, but fear that hope might be displaced.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is so sad.  I really hope she pulls through although it doesn't sound good.

Rebecca is sweet young woman, and her family lives their Christian faith in way the Maxwells fail at doing.  

Yes, it's always been clear from her blog that she has a genuinely kind heart. I hope all the best for her. By the sound of it, she will have plenty of support if the worst happens and her mother does pass away.

So sorry to hear this. Rebecca seems like a lovely, caring person. Thinking good thoughts for the family.

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this. I will keep them in my prayers. They always seemed like a genuinely nice family.

That is really sad and I hope she is going to make it. Rebecca has always seemed very kind. 

Poor Rebecca, and what a shock, given her mom's age (she looked late forties, early fifties in the last family pic I saw on her blog).  I hope she and her sister and dad are finding strength and solace in their faith.  

Bless their hearts.  They always seemed like such a close family.  I really hope her mother pulls through.  

Side note- Just read that Rebecca is studying to be a CNA,  got her driver's license, and is wearing jeans.  Good for her!  

2 hours ago, Koala said:

Bless their hearts.  They always seemed like such a close family.  I really hope her mother pulls through.  

Side note- Just read that Rebecca is studying to be a CNA,  got her driver's license, and is wearing jeans.  Good for her!  

I don't think it's true about her wearing jeans - as far as I'm aware she's still skirts and dresses-only. I haven't seen anything on her blog to suggest otherwise, at any rate. But yes, she's started working towards becoming a CNA and passed her driving test.

41 minutes ago, Triplet3 said:

I don't think it's true about her wearing jeans - as far as I'm aware she's still skirts and dresses-only. I haven't seen anything on her blog to suggest otherwise, at any rate. But yes, she's started working towards becoming a CNA and passed her driving test.

There is a picture of her? or her sister? Playing with the Foster baby by a swing set and it looks like they are wearing shorts to me. I thought I saw another photo with her in pants, but maybe I'm thinking of the wrong blog altogether. Off to check...

ETA, yes there are photos of her wearing jeans. Here's one celebrating her license. 

Spoiler

DSCN7447.JPG

That child dodged a bullet when SteveTeri Maxwell snubbed her attempts to be friendly in the tits2 blog. I hope her mom makes it, but if not, have a very strong feeling that her family will support each other lovingly. 

PLEASE forgive! I did not mean to click happy face. In backseat in the mountains. Use to follow Rebecca's family. Lost track of them over the years. So sorry to hear this sad news.

Rebecca does come across as a very sweet girl. I hope there is a miracle and her mom pulls through.  :my_heart: 

Her mother always came across on Rebecca's blog as a very loving and generous person. I hope she pulls through and is able to regain her health.

I'm only somewhat aware of who Rebecca is.  This is very sad, it's never easy to lose your parents.  But it does sound like the family will pull together for each other.

How awful. Awful to lose a parent at any age, but especially when you're young and still living at home as part of such a close-knit family. 

Has she actually completed her CNA certification yet? I feel like it would be difficult to do that kind of work right after the death of a loved one.

3 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

PLEASE forgive! I did not mean to click happy face. In backseat in the mountains. Use to follow Rebecca's family. Lost track of them over the years. So sorry to hear this sad news.

You can change it by clicking the symbol again.

Hoping for the best for Rebecca's mother. They come across as such a genuinely loving family.

Bad news I'm afraid. Her mother has passed. I really feel for them all, particularly Rebecca as I was around her age (late-mid 20s) when my dad passed away just a few years ago, and I remember the anguish clearly. I do worry what will happen to Rebecca and Annah as their dad isn't in great health either.

Just read she’s now passed away. So sad. 

I wish I could just give her a hug and tell her it’s going to be ok. That time will help heal the pain and loss she feels now. 

Oh my god! NO! Poor Rebecca. I was hoping so hard that her mom would pull through. No no no. May her mom rest in peace and may her family find some comfort in the fact that their mother was a kind woman who was truly walking the walk. 

The Kellums may be fundies, but they've done more to be an example of Christ than any other fundies I've seen. So, so sad. 

This is heartbreaking to find out. I can't imagine what the family is going through right now. 

Bless their hearts...I was really hoping that this would go another way.  They are able to do so much now, that I thought just maybe she would make it.

I said it before, but they seem like such a sweet, close family.  The "girls" are so young to lose a mother.  So many things she will miss.

Who does the little guy belong to?  I am guessing that it's not their brother, but maybe I am wrong...

Archived