IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen 34: Lens Flare Photo with the Grandkids

choralcrusader8613

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/22/2018 at 12:49 PM, Lurky said:

That's a pro photographer?  Holy shit, that's surprising to me.  Couldn't ask them to take a few steps to the right or the left, to get a better background, or frame it so the mirror isn't wonky, or get all 4 of them smiling at the same time?  I 100% understand it's hard to get babies and toddlers to smile, but Jenni is 10, so if she wasn't happy (fair enough!) why publish a photo looking so miserable?

I shoot large groups all the time and it's really not *that* hard to get babies/kids looking and even smiling. Sadly even though I'm nearby, I'm not holy enough to photograph the Duggar's. ;)

3 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

lots of planes for the Duggar's they went to an air show. here is JB and Meredith 

37812879_1343714702428842_72544488109176

They actually took Meredith? The time they went to the airshow on 19K&C (I think, or maybe it was just their blog/instagram/something like that) they only took the boys, none of the girls. Because girls don't "like" planes? :confusion-shrug:

(Give me a good airshow and planes to crawl through any day!)

13 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

They actually took Meredith? The time they went to the airshow on 19K&C (I think, or maybe it was just their blog/instagram/something like that) they only took the boys, none of the girls. Because girls don't "like" planes? :confusion-shrug:

(Give me a good airshow and planes to crawl through any day!)

there was only about 4 pictures and I didn't see any of the Dugg girl it just could have been the Dugg boys and the M's for all they are showing us. 

The Duggars and the Swansons seem to have merged into a single entity.

11 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

there was only about 4 pictures and I didn't see any of the Dugg girl it just could have been the Dugg boys and the M's for all they are showing us. 

I'm thinking of this trip from 2016 in which they have multiple group photos that include none of the girls. I'm very pleased to see how many girls went this time, personally! (Admittedly, apparently the Oshkosh 2016 weekend was the same one as Jinger's wedding announcement, per L&E, but still. Very refreshing to see all those younger girls there this year!)

http://www.duggarfamily.com/eaa-oshkosh-airshow

A couple group shots from 2016 under the spoiler.

Spoiler

1179557299_DuggarsatOshkosh2.PNG.73607770a01da403ae6a5f2e267e6350.PNG2130790663_DuggarsatOshkosh1.PNG.35a5c459338b61220b337c158ad7154c.PNG

ETA: I just realized your comment was about this year's show and how no pics had shown any of the Duggar sib girls, then singsingsing posted the pics above. My post still makes for a clear comparison though.

I wonder if they brought the girls since the Swanson girls were also going?  I don't think they've ever taken the girls before.

could it be possible that the girl beside Johannah is a ..... FRIEND? Unrelated by blood or marriage? I don't remember seeing her before. 

On 7/24/2018 at 12:31 PM, Suz8710 said:

Mystery girl looks like Grace Wikstrom? Here's some pictures that are set to public from her fb. Looks like another fundie family, from MN - maybe some FJers know more about this family. She's fb friends with the Caldwells, Hannah Reber, The Wissmans, Terry Forsyth, The Dauers, and so on. Let the courting speculation continue!

IMG_1197.JPG

IMG_1198.JPG

A bit late, but is this the same girl that sat next to Grandma Mary and Jed in that Jim Bob birthday photo?

1 hour ago, Nikedagain? said:

could it be possible that the girl beside Johannah is a ..... FRIEND? Unrelated by blood or marriage? I don't remember seeing her before. 

Yeah I just assumed (sorry Cathy) that all the unidentifiable kids in that photo were Swansons. From looking at their family photo, she doesn’t look like she could be a Swanson.

Erm - @Nikedagain?there's a picture on Anna's IG of the sewing camp and picture 2 has a girl referred to as "Cousin Emily" who looks like the girl you mentioned.  I'd link to it if I had the faintest idea of how to do it. 

16 minutes ago, PuttingTheFunInFundies said:

A bit late, but is this the same girl that sat next to Grandma Mary and Jed in that Jim Bob birthday photo?

Yes, it looks like her.  Wonder if she switched places with GM for the pic?  I mean, who would want to sit across from Turd. :ew:

51 minutes ago, felicitysbow said:

Erm - @Nikedagain?there's a picture on Anna's IG of the sewing camp and picture 2 has a girl referred to as "Cousin Emily" who looks like the girl you mentioned.  I'd link to it if I had the faintest idea of how to do it. 

Ahh yes! Must be one of Anna's sibling's offspring. That would make sense. An extra, imported sister/cousin/mom. 

5 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Yes, it looks like her.  Wonder if she switched places with GM for the pic?  I mean, who would want to sit across from Turd. :ew:

That's interesting, smells like a Jed courtship. Maybe they'll wait for Lauren to announce her pregnancy and JD to get married before they make it public?

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm sick of courtships and weddings. Wake me up if someone has quadruplets or gets a vasectomy.

7 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Y’all, I did laundry today, and I might be turning into Michelle.

459F5F9F-7643-42BF-BA71-9E0ADCD96750.jpeg

:jawdrop:

4 hours ago, singsingsing said:

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm sick of courtships and weddings. Wake me up if someone has quadruplets or gets a vasectomy.

It's astounding, in a weird way. Literally all these fundies do it get married and have kids, yet millions of people watch the show from a genuine liking of their lifestyle. In my case (and likely for some other members), regardless of how mundane their lives are, the emotional/psychological nature of fundies themselves is fascinating enough to keep following. 

Quadruplets would be wild. But the couple to have them would probably be pushed deeper into fundamentalism (if its possible). Having twins is what pushed Michelle and Boob off the deep end; to fundies, having more than one kid at once is as big of a blessing as it gets. As for a vasectomy, I'd bet my college savings account that none of the kids have even heard of the term.

We are exactly 10 days into the Duggar pregnancy gap. I wonder how long it will last.

On another note, Michelle has openly talked about her new season of life over the last few years. No babies for her. Now she is left to grandmothering and sometimes raising Gen 2C. But what about Jim Bob? Eventually he will enter his golden years. He'll most likely slow down. Who do you all think he is grooming to fill his shoes at the head of the empire now that Josh completely tanked out? Is it possible for the huge rackets they have going to survive another generation? Does the buck and fame stop with Jim Bob and Michelle.........?

13 hours ago, agentshade said:

As for a vasectomy, I'd bet my college savings account that none of the kids have even heard of the term.

Jim Bob likes to tell people that when he was running for the state legislature, a woman told him that she would only vote for him if he got a vasectomy. His kids know what it is, or at least the adults do. 

I met a fundie women once who brought up the evils of vasectomies within a few minutes of meeting her for the first time.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived