IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 5; Pregnant, but Still Waiting to Read about the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

18 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

They kinda have to figure things out first. The Maxwells are so sheltered they probably aren't told where to put things until after the honeymoon.

Now, there's an idea for a fundie Lego set...

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Chelsy is close to her grandmother Bontrager (Marlin's mother).  I don't know her name but I'll bet she uses it in some way for a baby girl.

Maybe Chelsy will get creative and call her daughter Marlie after her dad Marlin. 

But honestly, I imagine Chelsy picking a traditional name. John will probably be a middle name. 

They could name a boy for her brother and his nephew:: "Joshua Maxwell Maxwell" :text-lol:

I hope they choose something new, fresh and different for the group they are in. No "Faith" or "Hope" no weird Old Testament Names.

Avery or Cassidy or Willow or something for a girl.

Dominic or Axle or Connor or something for a boy.

Or something for either: Sky or Jamie

1 minute ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

They could name a boy for her brother and his nephew:: "Joshua Maxwell Maxwell" :text-lol:

I hope they choose something new, fresh and different for the group they are in. No "Faith" or "Hope" no weird Old Testament Names.

Avery or Cassidy or Willow or something for a girl.

Dominic or Axle or Connor or something for a boy.

Or something for either: Sky or Jamie

She probably won’t go with Cassidy since it’s her sister in law’s name. But the Bontragers are big on naming boys after people they admire. So John and Chelsy might do that for a boy. They probably won’t use Rebecca since Chelsy’s sister is already named after her mom. 

What’s Gigi’s name? I would love it if they named a daughter after GiGi. 

I can picture Chelsy choosing a very classical English name for a girl (Victoria, Katherine...) and using the middle name to honour a family member, specially Alison.

For a boy I predict something a bit over the top, like *Spurgeon and John or Marlin as a middle name. 

*I do not mean they will use that name, but something similar, to honour a religious celebrity.

1 hour ago, Dru said:

Gigi's name is Jan, short for Janice. Her middle initial is R, but I don't know the middle name.

I suppose they can go with Jane and say it’s after grandma GiGi who is Jan. Renee is Chelsy’s middle name and Marie is Becky Bon’s middle name. So maybe Jane Renee or Jane Marie.

Wilberforce Marlin Maxwell?

Sproul John Maxwell?

Victoria Providence Maxwell?

Charlotte Faithful Maxwell?

Or, in the "now for something completely different" category

Barrack Maxwell lol

After reading about Michael and Debi Pearl's wedding night (shudder), good for the Maxwell men for easing into sex, assuming that's what they're doing.

I was wondering as I was reading Chelsy's blog on the Bontrager site, do you think, now that she's a Maxwell, she'll be encouraged to stop writing on the Bontrager site?  I hope not, but am wondering if that might become an issue.

My mom had all three of us at home. She had a doctor that specialized in home births. She went to his doctors office for all of the check up. 

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I suppose they can go with Jane and say it’s after grandma GiGi who is Jan. Renee is Chelsy’s middle name and Marie is Becky Bon’s middle name. So maybe Jane Renee or Jane Marie.

I would really love it if they honored Gigi in some way. She is a ray of genuine love and happiness in that numb/dull family.

I really liked that pic Chelsy posted of her and Gigi a while back. I can see them getting on well irl, and not just for the show of the blog.

7 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I'm going with John Marlin* Maxwell,  to be called "Johnny"

Name of Daddy Bontrager

I'm not gonna lie, I like this name.

Me too. John Marlin is a cool name.  They could also call him Jay or Jack.  I think if it is a girl her name should be Jacqueline Rebecca Maxwell. (Her mom/John) 

In Russia it is not uncommon that the oldest daughter is named after her father ie Victor to Victoria.

Marlin is an unusual name and it can be considered unisex.  How do I know this?  It's my middle name, my grandmother's middle name and the middle name of her great great great great grandmother.  Her gggggrandmother's mother had it as her maiden name.  I did not like my middle name as a kid, but appreciate it now that I know it's been passed down through so many generations.  

John Marlin is okay, but I'd think Marlin John sounds cool too.  

I wouldn't imagine they eased into sex, it seems like this is right on track. My ob/gyn told me the statistic for is 1 in 3 for a pregnancy with sex during ovulation, so they'd be just off of the average. Especially if they were trying. And depending if they planned their wedding around her ovulation time.

13 hours ago, petrushka said:

I was so sure Chelsy would have a honeymoon baby, but this is close enough with #1 bambino arriving next January.  She may say she wants a homebirth, but I sure hope she has competent, qualified help and a good back up plan.  And keep the Maxwells far away from the birthing room, for heaven's sake.

Ready to pick out name and sex yet?

Did Sarah, Anna or Mary ever attend one of their in-laws births? I could not imagine having a crowd around me while giving birth and I'm pretty sure the girls would pass out because of all the unscheduled exciting things that happen while a birth.

9 hours ago, ophelia said:

Did Sarah, Anna or Mary ever attend one of their in-laws births? I could not imagine having a crowd around me while giving birth and I'm pretty sure the girls would pass out because of all the unscheduled exciting things that happen while a birth.

You are correct, @Ophelia, the girls would be traumatized by viewing an actual birth; I was thinking more of Teri, who would  probably only pray out loud during the labor.

11 hours ago, ophelia said:

Rufus I hope not.  They probably have no idea how a baby is made.

14 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

John Marlin is okay, but I'd think Marlin John sounds cool too.  

Yes! That way you get the nice alliteration--Marlin Maxwell

12 hours ago, meowfundiecatz said:

I wouldn't imagine they eased into sex, it seems like this is right on track. My ob/gyn told me the statistic for is 1 in 3 for a pregnancy with sex during ovulation, so they'd be just off of the average. Especially if they were trying. And depending if they planned their wedding around her ovulation time.

Oh no they are totally within the normal window when it comes to getting pregnant. 

It’s just interesting that none of them had something even close to a honeymoon baby. Because in other fundie families, there’s at least one. ETA: I consider getting pregnant the whole first month as a honeymoon baby.

15 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Marlin is an unusual name and it can be considered unisex.  How do I know this?  It's my middle name, my grandmother's middle name and the middle name of her great great great great grandmother.  Her gggggrandmother's mother had it as her maiden name.  I did not like my middle name as a kid, but appreciate it now that I know it's been passed down through so many generations.  

May I ask when the original Miss Marlin lived? 

I’m always fascinated when people can track that many generations. My nephew has been compiling his family tree, but our side hits a lot of dead ends around 1870 to 1890 when our ancestors emigrated to North America.

48 minutes ago, catlady said:

May I ask when the original Miss Marlin lived? 

I’m always fascinated when people can track that many generations. My nephew has been compiling his family tree, but our side hits a lot of dead ends around 1870 to 1890 when our ancestors emigrated to North America.

In the mid 1700s.  I think she died around 1780.  She was actually not my lineal ancestor, but the first wife of my 6th great grandfather. (If I have the generations correct.) (We're descended from the second wife through the youngest son.)   I don't know how the name was passed down through the generations as I don't see any evidence of the name being passed down, but it must have been.  What is weird is that my dad always wondered if he were descended from this man.  He knew that the last name was in his lineage, but the man during the 1700s/early 1800s was fairly prominent.  

I was excited to see that Chels posted a link to the dress she's wearing in the announcement pics. However she's 5'6" and the dress hits the ground, so my 5'1" ass would be dragging a ton of fabric behind me. Lol I know I could have it altered (I'm worthless with a sewing machine) but I've got too much going on and would never get around to it. Ah well, you win some, you lose some.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived