Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Chelsy and John Maxwell 5; Pregnant, but Still Waiting to Read about the Honeymoon

Recommended Posts

HereticHick
34 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Let’s hope they aren’t mega fertile like Chris and NRAnna.

Well, Chelsy is already, what--27? 28? At least she didn't begin her quiver at age 19-20 like her mother did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
5 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Well, Chelsy is already, what--27? 28? At least she didn't begin her quiver at age 19-20 like her mother did.

I’m hoping they don’t make it to double digits. Maybe 9 at the most? 

Its interesting how the Maxwell boys have never had a honeymoon baby. All their first children have been born after the first anniversary. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefollower

They do look very happy in the pics, especially the 5th one.  I'm happy for them and hope the homebirth goes well and that the midwife is well trained.  Hopefully they will space their children well and have a happy family.  I'd hope for a small family, but they'll probably have 6 or so, if I had to guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tangy Bee
2 hours ago, Iamhispurity said:

And .. she is pregnant. Just announced on instagram. 

Whose instagram? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tired
Iamhispurity

Her insta.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

Chelsy’s instagram is private but she does have some FJ posters following her. I’m not one of them, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mischievous
nelliebelle1197
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m hoping they don’t make it to double digits. Maybe 9 at the most? 

Its interesting how the Maxwell boys have never had a honeymoon baby. All their first children have been born after the first anniversary. 

They kinda have to figure things out first. The Maxwells are so sheltered they probably aren't told where to put things until after the honeymoon.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
all the T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
2 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

They kinda have to figure things out first.

That has actually crossed my mind before. And then I got out the brain bleach! :5624798180220_Jigglejiggledance:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mischievous
nelliebelle1197
1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That has actually crossed my mind before. And then I got out the brain bleach! :5624798180220_Jigglejiggledance:

Can you imagine the birds and bees talk with Sergeant Steve and Dishwater Teri?  First you have to make sure all the sex fits into the Holy Schedule. Then you have to pray, fast, wail and weep. Then you have to check all the Bible verses. You may get to read a little Song of Solomon as long as you don't think about boobies while you do.

Damn, they should totally make a sex scheduling expansion pack for the Holy Schedule.

  • Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 15
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
usmcmom

So Steve was scooped again. Darn those Bontragers! How dare they share Maxwell family news like this?  

Another BONTRAGER GRANDCHILD on the way! How nice...for the Bontrager family. 

  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 17
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
4 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Can you imagine the birds and bees talk with Sergeant Steve and Dishwater Teri?  First you have to make sure all the sex fits into the Holy Schedule. Then you have to pray, fast, wail and weep. Then you have to check all the Bible verses. You may get to read a little Song of Solomon as long as you don't think about boobies while you do.

Damn, they should totally make a sex scheduling expansion pack for the Holy Schedule.

I actually thought John and Chelsy would be knocked up a little sooner than the older brothers because they were practically wearing each other at the wedding. Man it embarrassed me to watch! I’m not used to that much PDA. But I guess they got pregnant around the same time as Joe and Elyssa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nastyhobbitses
7 hours ago, usmcmom said:

So Steve was scooped again. Darn those Bontragers! How dare they share Maxwell family news like this?  

Another BONTRAGER GRANDCHILD on the way! How nice...for the Bontrager family. 

How dare she not sit in the background of Maxwell family photos visibly pregnant but with no mention made of it until someone annoys Sarah enough into going "oh yeah she's preggers". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozlsn
19 hours ago, Iamhispurity said:

And .. she is pregnant. Just announced on instagram. 

I wish her a safe and entirely routine pregnancy and birth (from a medical perspective here. Nothing is routine the first time!) 

Having said that Chelsy, if you read here, know the signs and symptoms of preeclampsia. And if something doesn't feel right, get it checked out.

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m kind of sad she’s doing a home birth unlike her sisters in law.

I hope she's planning to get adequate antenatal care and not just a vanity 20 week ultrasound.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Melissa1977
Posted (edited)

Maxwells do use a proper healthcare, same as Bontragers. There is evidence of it, for example Melanie has always delivered in hospitals after well monitored pregnancies, including the first one.

Having homebirths does not mean they are not controlling their pregnancies. Homebirths are ok for young, low risk pregnant women who are not having twins. As far as we know, 6? 7? Maxwell grandkids have been born at home and nothing bad happened. I know they can lie and hide information, but NR Anna and Elissa's faces after giving birth showed happiness and babies were obviously healthy. Maybe they are an example for Chelsy.

 

Edited by Melissa1977
I didn't remember how many kids NR Anna has already

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mischievous
nelliebelle1197
13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I actually thought John and Chelsy would be knocked up a little sooner than the older brothers because they were practically wearing each other at the wedding. Man it embarrassed me to watch! I’m not used to that much PDA. But I guess they got pregnant around the same time as Joe and Elyssa.

JD, I just keep cracking myself up with all the scenarios through which the sex is discussed in Maxhell. Honestly, I have not come up with one in which the Maxlings actually learn how to do anything practical other than praising the Lord during and thanking him for his gifts at the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wine time!
crawfishgirl

Since the announcement on Chelsy's blog and on the Bontrager blog were coordinated to occur on the same day, I wonder if they tried to coordinate with the Maxwells as well, but they didn't want to play along.  It would take the focus off of the annual Colorado excursion, and possibly wasn't scheduled far enough in advance.  It'll be interesting to see when they do mention it.  The engagement announcement was also late on the Maxwell blog and appeared to only be mentioned (without enthusiam) because the others had already done so.  Seems like a control issue, or maybe there are so many kids that they don't get excited anymore - though they have nothing else actually going on in their lives.

I hope that Sarah is ok with this - being reared to believe that her only value is in being a wife and mother and then it never happening, but seeing her younger siblings that she helped raise having kids must be hard on her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SPHASH

Scary Mary is 22 today.  Same old boring facts...she loves children, Carmel lattes, and has a servants heart.

And she gets to go on a death march aka 14er today.

  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FloraKitty35
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Honestly, I have not come up with one in which the Maxlings actually learn how to do anything practical other adthan praising the Lord during and thanking him for his gifts at the end.

I keep thinking of Major Frank Burns (in the movie version of MASH) getting on with Hot Lips whilst screaming God's will be done.  

My two cents on Sarah's birthday post to Mary:  

"She loves to spend time with children." (Does she have a choice in the matter?)

"She is diligent to memorize Scripture."  (Does she have a choice in the matter?)

"She makes crazy-good rolls." (by Maxwell standards or the standards of those who have eaten decent food)

"She has an incredible servant’s heart." (Again, does she have a choice in matter?)

"She is the master get-any-stain-out-of-clothes expert." (So, she read the directions on a bottle of stain remover?)

"She loves caramel lattes." (Nice to include the obligatory coffee post Sarah.)

Edited by FloraKitty35
added on to post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Botkinetti

I think all the Maxwells  ( including Steve) are bored to tears with their lives but have no idea how to stop being bored without feeling like they are betraying their family philosophy. They seem to be trudging through every day and I have trouble believing that none of the children want something different to do.

It must be impossible at times to really believe that all the people they must see in public , eating spicy food, discussing things other than death and the bible , laughing and joking with each other are actually desperately unhappy with their lives. Some of them must wonder if Steve is right about everything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
grantedgrant

I just have to say this: Chelsy's dress in the pregnancy announcement post is awesome.

I want.

End of message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dru
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Maxwells do use a proper healthcare, same as Bontragers. There is evidence of it, for example Melanie has always delivered in hospitals after well monitored pregnancies, including the first one.

Having homebirths does not mean they are not controlling their pregnancies. Homebirths are ok for young, low risk pregnant women who are not having twins. As far as we know, 6? 7? Maxwell grandkids have been born at home and nothing bad happened. I know they can lie and hide information, but NR Anna and Elissa's faces after giving birth showed happiness and babies were obviously healthy. Maybe they are an example for Chelsy.

 

I agree. While I wouldn't have a home birth myself, I have friends (one of which is a RN) that have had homebirths with their healthy pregnancies and they have been fine. And yeah, having a homebirth in no way means they weren't getting proper pre and postnatal care.

2 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Scary Mary is 22 today.  Same old boring facts...she loves children, Carmel lattes, and has a servants heart.

And she gets to go on a death march aka 14er today.

If someone tried to make me hike up a mountain on my birthday I'd throat punch them. Maybe just let the girl sleep in. Sleeping until 7am won't doom your daughter to hell, Steve.

1 hour ago, Botkinetti said:

I think all the Maxwells  ( including Steve) are bored to tears with their lives but have no idea how to stop being bored without feeling like they are betraying their family philosophy. They seem to be trudging through every day and I have trouble believing that none of the children want something different to do.

It must be impossible at times to really believe that all the people they must see in public , eating spicy food, discussing things other than death and the bible , laughing and joking with each other are actually desperately unhappy with their lives. Some of them must wonder if Steve is right about everything. 

The thing is Steve has no sense of moderation so rather than, I don't know, getting help for that he bans his family from doing anything that they may "develop an appetite for". I swear reading parts of Preparing Sons (I think it was) was so depressing. Steve and Teri didn't go skiing because they may like it too much. The kids were denied motorcycle rides and private plane rides, not because Steve felt it was physically dangerous, but because they may like it too much and want to do it more.

Steve has the addict gene and he's ruining his family's lives because that is easier for his fragile mind to deal with than the idea that he needs help beyond praying and reading the bible.

Edited by Dru
spelling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tired
freethemall

Mods: shouldn't the thread title now mention Chelsy and John's growing quiver?

Or for a future one, maybe:

Chelsy and John Maxwell 5/6; Pregnancy Posts Before the Honeymoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
petrushka

I was so sure Chelsy would have a honeymoon baby, but this is close enough with #1 bambino arriving next January.  She may say she wants a homebirth, but I sure hope she has competent, qualified help and a good back up plan.  And keep the Maxwells far away from the birthing room, for heaven's sake.

Ready to pick out name and sex yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HereticHick
45 minutes ago, petrushka said:

I was so sure Chelsy would have a honeymoon baby, but this is close enough with #1 bambino arriving next January.  She may say she wants a homebirth, but I sure hope she has competent, qualified help and a good back up plan.  And keep the Maxwells far away from the birthing room, for heaven's sake.

Ready to pick out name and sex yet?

I'm going with John Marlin* Maxwell,  to be called "Johnny"

Name of Daddy Bontrager

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×