IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 5; Pregnant, but Still Waiting to Read about the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

24 minutes ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Chelsey made a post about visiting some reletives. they got locked out of their car and had to call for help. she made this comment about the man that was sent to help them. 

and that is how Judgey Chelsey was born. 

read the whole post here. 

http://www.chelsyrenee.com/2016/07/sisterhood-adventure-roadtrip-to.html

What’s incredibly odd about that comment is that she grew up on a farm. Around farmers and hard laborers. She gets dirty, her parents get dirty, and her siblings get dirty. What makes him look like a teenage bum? Did he have holes in his clothing? Grease under his nails? And why would that make him look like a bum? I guess I don’t understand why she would think a tow truck driver would be dressed up. He works with vehicles for a living. I wouldn’t expect him to be pristine. 

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John is listed as an Instructor on the Irrigation Association's website. https://www.irrigation.org/IA/About/Instructors/IA/About/Instructors-Roster.aspx

Not sure exactly what this means, but perhaps John is contracting with them to do training of some sort. I know he gave talks at last year's show.

Ok, gotta run. It's Friday and sangria is calling my name!

9 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

I am so happy to see John operating outside of Steve’s domain. 

Same thought here. Maybe this will make it easier for him and Chels to move out of MaxHell at some point. 

On 8/17/2018 at 8:19 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

What’s incredibly odd about that comment is that she grew up on a farm. Around farmers and hard laborers. She gets dirty, her parents get dirty, and her siblings get dirty. What makes him look like a teenage bum? Did he have holes in his clothing? Grease under his nails? And why would that make him look like a bum? I guess I don’t understand why she would think a tow truck driver would be dressed up. He works with vehicles for a living. I wouldn’t expect him to be pristine. 

I've often wondered if he had long hair or something. Then again in my mental image of this scene the role of 'truck fixing bum' is being played by Kurt Cobain circa 1992ish, so there's that.

On 8/4/2018 at 10:11 AM, Lgirlrocks said:

My parents taught us to say sir and ma’am. My dad would say it to us as well as us say it to him or my mom. They didn’t care if we said yes mom or yes dad. They taught us to use it as a way of respect for others. I’ve had bosses get weirded out when I’d say yes sir or yes ma’am. 

I was also taught to say sir and ma'am.I had a couple I used to babysit for them..they asked me not to call them "sir" or ma'am.

Then when I started being referred to as "ma'am"...I hate it.I know it is supposed to be respectful,but I hate it....call me by my first name or "Mrs.Melon".

@melon, I hate being called ma'am as well, but what I hate more is being called by Mrs (or Miss) First Name or even worse Miz-riz First (or Last) Name).  I know Miz-riz is how some Southerners would pronounce Mrs, but it grates on my ears and sounds uneducated.  (Just waiting for the downvotes.)

1 hour ago, PennySycamore said:

@melon, I hate being called ma'am as well, but what I hate more is being called by Mrs (or Miss) First Name or even worse Miz-riz First (or Last) Name).  I know Miz-riz is how some Southerners would pronounce Mrs, but it grates on my ears and sounds uneducated.  (Just waiting for the downvotes.)

Miz-riz is a new one for me, and I’ve lived in the South my whole life. The person calling my name at the doctor or dentist usually says Miz Abstract, while the people at school usually say Mizzis Abstract. My Mississippi-born father would say Meerz, and I’ve even heard Meerzuz a time or two.

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

So do we think Chels and John are going on the annual Colorado death march?

Do the marrieds usually go? Last year I think it was just the unmarried children that went. I can’t imagine Chelsy wanting to spend vacation time with the Maxwell’s. Newlyweds usually want plenty of alone time. Even if they have been married for over 7 months. Plus Steve sucks.

I went and mixed things up by keeping my maiden name.  So I’m not Mrs. (NikeKids’ last name).  I’ve certianly answered to it, but while I still don’t have a desire to take Mr ONNike’s surname, it’s put me in a position of not knowing how to have he kids’ friends address me. 

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

So do we think Chels and John are going on the annual Colorado death march?

I see them going only if Chelsy is allowed to wear hiking pants. I doubt she would hike in a skirt, but I may be wrong. If they go and she does wear pants, we won’t see any photo evidence of it. 

5 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

No downvote from me, I know some people hate it, and others prefer it. I live close enough to the South that I'll use "Miss So-and-so" occasionally, as a gesture of respect. But if somebody told me they preferred to be called by their first name, I'd do that of course. 

It's meant politely, at least in my experience. :) 

@Ozlsn I :changing_color_heart: Kurt Cobain. Your description of the "bum" made me laugh. The tow truck drivers around these parts aren't exactly dressed in suits and ties, either. Not sure what Chelsey expected, haha. She might think I was a "bum" as well from the way I dress most days. 

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Do the marrieds usually go? Last year I think it was just the unmarried children that went. I can’t imagine Chelsy wanting to spend vacation time with the Maxwell’s. Newlyweds usually want plenty of alone time. Even if they have been married for over 7 months. Plus Steve sucks.

There have been several years where the whole family has gone, but it's been a while. Either their all important schedules gets in the way, or the rest of the family is just super bored of doing the same crap year after year. 

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Smug Joe and Invisible Elissa didn't go as newlyweds but they went the following year after they had Calia.  The other marrieds used to go but haven't since 2014, not enough room I guess.

11 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Smug Joe and Invisible Elissa didn't go as newlyweds but they went the following year after they had Calia.  The other marrieds used to go but haven't since 2014, not enough room I guess.

I wonder if it may be because of school for the kids. Someone has to keep the brand alive.

Then again, they may all go all the time but Sarah just does not mention it. It's the Opaquewells after all.

Just by today’s pictures, I would say it’s just the four unmarried siblings that went. But I suppose a married couple could join them later. Although I doubt it. Their traveling is probably saved for seeing the DIL families. 

Omit the quote box... Is there any mountain they haven't climbed in Colorado? Surely there are other place they could go!

I figured she would wait to announce. 18 weeks. I guess her pregnancy won’t seem never ending since she announced later on and not right after the pee stick dried. I’m kind of sad she’s doing a home birth unlike her sisters in law. 

They look remarkably cute for a couple that's being photographed by Chris. 

And so it starts, blink twice and they'll be announcing their eleventieth home birth which is such a blessing, older siblings are so delighted to be raising the new one while the parents gear up to start working on the next one etcetc. 

5 minutes ago, Foudeb said:

And so it starts, blink twice and they'll be announcing their eleventieth home birth which is such a blessing, older siblings are so delighted to be raising the new one while the parents gear up to start working on the next one etcetc. 

Let’s hope they aren’t mega fertile like Chris and NRAnna.

35 minutes ago, Iamhispurity said:

And .. she is pregnant. Just announced on instagram. 

Just saw it on her blog. They look very happy.

21 minutes ago, Foudeb said:

<snip>

I thought the same thing. I wonder if John told Chris not to do his crazy Lightroom death and doom filters. I love the dress she's wearing.

These kids may give Mel and Nate's a run for their money in the cute department (not that I think it's a competition).

I see no way this isn't killing Sarah. If she was feeling discontent about being unmarried and childless in her 20's it must be unbearable for her to see yet another younger SIL expecting knowing the window is rapidly closing for her. I believe Anna and/or Mary are likely to suffer the same fate, but they are probably too young to realize Steve won't let them go either.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived