IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 5; Pregnant, but Still Waiting to Read about the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

So basically they didn't really notice each other, never thought about one another, the Lord told them that nope, this was not a good idea... and then they courted and got married. 

Fundies are so weird. 

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m not gonna lie. My nosey side REALLY wants to know who the first boyfriend was. 

Me too!!

3 minutes ago, Foudeb said:

So basically they didn't really notice each other, never thought about one another, the Lord told them that nope, this was not a good idea... and then they courted and got married. 

Fundies are so weird. 

It kind of sounds like they never really had enough time to talk privately and get to know one another until they just happened to be waiting in the same line together and were forced to chat while they waited. And I think John’s clear NO from god was just John’s common sense that Chelsy had just ended a relationship and any relationship with him would be a rebound. But I admit that since I am not religious, I always tend to assume talks from god are actually just the person’s own common sense talking.

4 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Me too!!

Fundie fan fiction ahead:

It was Mathias Wissman and Mathias decided to make his wedding to Michelle Kingery the same day as Chelsy and John’s just to spite her for dumping him. 

17 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m not gonna lie. My nosey side REALLY wants to know who the first boyfriend was. 

I really want to know this: 

“I distinctly remember being quite impressed on a few of his very strong opinions that I figured would be quite different from what they were. We agreed on a number of issues that really surprised me......”

I wonder what she thought he’d be so different??

4 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

“I distinctly remember being quite impressed on a few of his very strong opinions that I figured would be quite different from what they were. We agreed on a number of issues that really surprised me......”

My guess? Chelsy knows all about the Maxwell beliefs and she’s surprised he has deviated from some his father’s beliefs. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My guess? Chelsy knows all about the Maxwell beliefs and she’s surprised he has deviated from some his father’s beliefs. 

I know this is confirmation bias, but I also hope it means he's down with

1. Her continuing to wear jeans when appropriate, for things like hiking and horseback riding

2. Attending a real church with real activities, rather than the church of the nursing home parlor.

3. Letting future children participate in Bible Bee and other outside-the-compound activities

4. Eating more than 2 animal crackers

2 hours ago, Foudeb said:

Fundies are so weird. 

It makes total sense on Chelsy's part given that she had recently ended another relationship. It really annoys me the way the Maxwells really push the not noticing/caring about their future wife at first. Didn't Joe say he "didn't think much" of Elissa after first meeting her?

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wouldn't assume that he was her first boyfriend.

2 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

Like @JermajestyDuggar said, I'm sure it had to do with him not toeing the line on some of his parents' batshit ideas. I mean, we know he goes against their beliefs when it comes to relationships. He dated, had a girlfriend, touched before marriage/engagement, and it appears they spent plenty of time alone. Also I'd bet money that they kissed way before they were married but know how off-brand it would be to say so.

Chelsy says they waited until their wedding day for their first kiss. I doubt she would outright lie. However she might just be talking about a kiss on the mouth. Josie Bates just posted a picture of Kelton kissing her head. Maybe they kissed foreheads or cheeks before they got married. 

2 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Chelsy says they waited until their wedding day for their first kiss. I doubt she would outright lie. However she might just be talking about a kiss on the mouth. Josie Bates just posted a picture of Kelton kissing her head. Maybe they kissed foreheads or cheeks before they got married. 

Thanks, I forgot that Chelsy said that. I was thinking of Sarah saying it was their first kiss in response to a question on the blog. I can totally see J&C just not telling their families they had kissed before-hand.

In other news, I just went back and read Joe and Elissa's relationship story (written completely by Joe of course) on the Blog. Yikes. John and Chelsy may be fundies with objectionable beliefs, but at least they seem human. Joe's story reads like he's a pod person.

Ironic Stud John and Judgy Chelsy's relationship started the day America turned into Nazi Germany, November 9 2016.

12 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I know this is confirmation bias, but I also hope it means he's down with

1. Her continuing to wear jeans when appropriate, for things like hiking and horseback riding

2. Attending a real church with real activities, rather than the church of the nursing home parlor.

3. Letting future children participate in Bible Bee and other outside-the-compound activities

4. Eating more than 2 animal crackers

And maybe on that rare occasion enjoying a Pepsi (heck...make it 2).

1 hour ago, Bazinga said:

And maybe on that rare occasion enjoying a Pepsi (heck...make it 2).

John has definitely been seen with Pepsi on the blog. Apparently the ban was only for Teri.

Ugh their love story is so freaking annoying. I can’t believe that’s the “abbreviated” version. It’s so so annoying when they say god told them to do this, god responded by having him call me at this time, blech. Idk why they all think it’s so romantic, it just makes it sound like they didn’t actually like the person and are just being forced to do something bc god is making them. Not to mention how self centered it is to think god is actually spending time personally orchestrating your love life. Like yeah, kids dying in Syria rn but what god’s really focused in on is telling John to date this girl who he doesn’t seem to like. 

7 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

Ugh their love story is so freaking annoying. I can’t believe that’s the “abbreviated” version. It’s so so annoying when they say god told them to do this, god responded by having him call me at this time, blech. Idk why they all think it’s so romantic, it just makes it sound like they didn’t actually like the person and are just being forced to do something bc god is making them. Not to mention how self centered it is to think god is actually spending time personally orchestrating your love life. Like yeah, kids dying in Syria rn but what god’s really focused in on is telling John to date this girl who he doesn’t seem to like. 

I really just wish they would admit, “I thought they were good looking and I enjoyed talking. I wanted to get to know them better so we began talking on the phone.”

But one thing I’m very glad didn’t happen is that they weren’t PUSHED heavily by their parents. The stories of Bon/Bowers matches made me cringe so hard. They didn’t have much of a choice. At least John and Chelsy felt they had a choice without all the pressure. 

14 hours ago, Dru said:

John has definitely been seen with Pepsi on the blog. Apparently the ban was only for Teri.

Teri voluntarily deprived herself of Pepsi because it was becoming an idol for her.  No, the ban did not extend to the rest of the family.

The Pepsi thing is one of those FJ jokes that morphs into fact here along with:

Myth:  the Maxwells are only allowed to have 2 animal crackers for dessert.  Fact:  the Maxwells eat plenty of cakes, cheesecakes and pies regularly.  The 2 animal crackers thing was when Steve and family were on a no-dessert fast but it was his birthday, so they cheated on the fast with animal crackers.

Myth:  Teri is currently so depressed she can't be held responsible for anything.  Fact:  Teri herself says that she has been free of depression since the early '90s.  God and the Holy Schedule cured her.  She has been spreading misinformation about depression, and discouraging people from seeking professional help and taking prescribed meds ever since.  She can be held responsible.

Myth:  The Maxwells are never let off the leash and allowed to travel alone.  Fact:  The male Maxwell offspring have always been allowed to travel alone once they were adult.  That is how they court and work.  The women were allowed less freedom, but there are indications that even this is easing up these days.

Myth:  Steve sets all the courtship rules, requires chaperones, and forbids all physical contact prior to marriage.  Fact:  He probably will be just that strict with Sarah, Anna and Mary but, looking at previous courtships and at the Maxwells' own teachings, the courtship rules seem to be set by the woman's father, with possible input from the couple.

I think if Chelsy says they saved their first kiss for marriage she was telling the truth.  Just because Joseph (and Ellissa) decided on a no-touch courtship and engagement, there is no reason John (and Chelsy) had to - if Papa Bont agreed to their touching and talking unchaperoned.

One thing that Fundie kidults can always count on - if they swear on the Bible that they prayed and God told them it was OK to court X and do Y during courtship, then the Patriarch doesn't have much of a leg to stand on. 

I strongly suspect that John had to do a lot of fasting as he was looking at his "options" and deciding to court Chelsy.  And probably even more praying and fasting because God told him it was OK to have a touch engagement and Steve doubted it.  He did seem to lose quite a bit of weight before he got married.  He's gained it back very quickly.

21 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Teri voluntarily deprived herself of Pepsi because it was becoming an idol for her.  No, the ban did not extend to the rest of the family.

The Pepsi thing is one of those FJ jokes that morphs into fact here along with:

<snip>

Yeah, I'm aware that the Teri self-imposed the Pepsi ban. I remember rolling my eyes reading Teri go on about her sin. Though honestly I am surprised it wasn't declared a stumbling block for others to drink it around her.

They just make it so awkward sounding, like they’re families didn’t want to really get together but thought they were being polite and so spent a weekend together. John and Chelsy couldn’t care less about each other but now they’re married. Etc. 

why cant they just say, we met but both were busy at the time and with 100 people all together visiting it’s hard to get to know a person well until you’ve talked with them at several different get-together. They thought each other were nice but weren’t looking for a relationship at the time, however the more they ran into each other and spoke, the more they realized they had in common and enjoyed being together. Is that so worldly that they each have to keep the wool pulled over their dads’ eyes and say” oh no, we didn’t have any thoughts about each other at all. We’re completely pure and innocent “. Grow up fundies!

they happen to be one of my favorite couples, but the whole ‘she seemed like a good OPTION’ bugs the crap out of me. 

Why did they take the picture down of Chelsy wearing pants while horseback riding?  They replaced it with a picture from the waist up.  Why deceive?  It's just cotton material.  Nothing to be deceitful about. 

1 hour ago, theologygeek said:

Why did they take the picture down of Chelsy wearing pants while horseback riding?  They replaced it with a picture from the waist up.  Why deceive?  It's just cotton material.  Nothing to be deceitful about. 

Because the Maxwells lie by omission on a regular basis.  Often after the fact.  For the glory of Steve's strange interpretation of God's guidance.

We have caught them in many fibs and lies by omission.

It is frankly astounding that Steve's humpers don't get all the obfuscations and circumlocutions.  We catch them but the humpers really want to remain in ignorance.

Do what Stevehovah tells you to do.  Pay no attention to the stuff behind the curtain.

3 hours ago, theologygeek said:

OMFG that is ridiculous. It's not even Steve's blog.

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

Because the Maxwells lie by omission on a regular basis.  Often after the fact.  For the glory of Steve's strange interpretation of God's guidance.

We have caught them in many fibs and lies by omission.

It is frankly astounding that Steve's humpers don't get all the obfuscations and circumlocutions.  We catch them but the humpers really want to remain in ignorance.

Do what Stevehovah tells you to do.  Pay no attention to the stuff behind the curtain.

I didn't think the Bontrager's were like that, but I guess they're like all the rest.  Shame.  I was enjoying Allison's blog too.  But she had me fooled.  I thought she was genuine.  It's all an act.  They care more about appearances than being genuine.  If you're going to shout your beliefs from the rooftop, then you should be secure in your actions and not care what anyone else thinks.  Sad that they chose to deceive. 

24 minutes ago, Dru said:

OMFG that is ridiculous. It's not even Steve's blog.

Yeah, and it had to be someone from the Maxwell side that told Chelsy to take it down.  It wasn't the Bontrager side.  They have posted pictures of the girls in pants before.  But someone from the Bontrager side should have told Chelsy that deceiving is wrong and she has nothing to be ashamed about, and not to replace the picture.  They're all wrong. 

Steve really needs to learn he is not god nor is he in charge of what other people do, wear, say or post on their own blog. It is sad that they caved to his pressure but it also just shows how big of a tantrum he probably had. He is probably less emotionally mature than the "grands"

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived