IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 5; Pregnant, but Still Waiting to Read about the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

I think the dress is pretty and it looks like a good color on her. Definitely more stylish than the long denim skirt with double t-shirts and a zipper vest.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, bertnee said:

I think the dress is pretty and it looks like a good color on her. Definitely more stylish than the long denim skirt with double t-shirts and a zipper vest.

I agree.

I am struck by her use of false eyelashes (or eyelash extensions) in pretty much every photo I've seen of her - or at least, the formal ones.

Chelsy Final-0077.jpg

@Rosie I've been wondering if her lashes are real or not. I have zero experience with fake lashes but I thought they "curl up" a lot more. Why do hers stick out straight? Her lower lashes are also crazy long. Is it common to use extensions on the lower lid? Enlighten this makeup novice!

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 10.38.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 10.37.43 AM.png

I wonder if Chelsy decided against blogging about the honeymoon because she read all of the snarky speculation about that forthcoming post on here.

And back to the wedding food, who in her right mind would eat taco soup while wearing a white dress?  I was afraid to consume anything that wasn’t clear when I was wearing my wedding dress.

On 7/17/2018 at 10:43 AM, usedbicycle said:

@Rosie I've been wondering if her lashes are real or not. I have zero experience with fake lashes but I thought they "curl up" a lot more. Why do hers stick out straight? Her lower lashes are also crazy long. Is it common to use extensions on the lower lid? Enlighten this makeup novice!

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 10.38.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 10.37.43 AM.png

Those have to be fake, both upper and lower lashes.

The closeup reminds me of Mr. Snuffleupagus.

2 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Those have to be fake, both upper and lower lashes.

The closeup reminds me of Mr. Snuffleupagus.

I adore Snuffy, and it’s a lovely comparison :my_heart:

17 hours ago, Themanda Duggar said:

I wonder if Chelsy decided against blogging about the honeymoon because she read all of the snarky speculation about that forthcoming post on here.

And back to the wedding food, who in her right mind would eat taco soup while wearing a white dress?  I was afraid to consume anything that wasn’t clear when I was wearing my wedding dress.

One of two things, probably:

* She didn’t eat soup at the reception - she ate before the reception and mingled,

OR:

* Like me, she figured “screw it!!!” and tied a big towel over her front like a bib. 

Just how tasty WAS that soup? Once we know that, we know whether she partook!!

22 hours ago, Themanda Duggar said:

That would have to be it. I really wonder how close of tabs the Maxwells keep here on Free Jinger. 

3 minutes ago, dripcurl said:

That would have to be it. I really wonder how close of tabs the Maxwells keep here on Free Jinger. 

Would the stay at home kidults know about us or just Steve and possibly Terri? It might give the kids ideas if they read here...

4 minutes ago, Coconutwater said:

Would the stay at home kidults know about us or just Steve and possibly Terri? It might give the kids ideas if they read here...

I’ve wondered this too. I wonder if the reason Sarah will disclose where the girls went is because she is aware of the snark, or if Steve warned her of the snark and said not to disclose, or if her internet/independent thought access is actually so limited she believes “the Lord led” Steve to make sure the location remain a secret. 

38 minutes ago, Coconutwater said:

I honestly think that part of their secrecy is due to FJ snark. When Chelsy said there would be no honeymoon post, I thought it might be because of how eagerly we were waiting for it. 

I waffle on where the line is on snarking on people, although a public blog is about as fair game as possible, really. On one hand, I was really hurt by ideas like the ones promoted by the Maxwells. Snark is a weapon for me, against my upbringing, against the patriarchy and fundamentalism. Promoting virginity as the only Godly way to come to marriage is an idea that should be laughed at, mocked, snarked, whatever. On the other hand, I actually hope that Chelsy enjoyed her honeymoon. I don't wish for her first experience of sex to be horrible. 

Don't mind me, I'm rambling. Very stressful day.

I agree with the above poster that the lack of suitable photos are because Chelsy is wearing jeans for hiking and horseback riding. Scandal!!! She doesn’t want to upset her in laws. It’s also nice to keep some things private. 

I wonder if Chelsy accompanies John on his out of country conferences? They could have a couple mini vacations before having a baby every year or so. 

Was it John that was banned from playing the guitar because he liked it too much? Wonder if he has picked it back up? 

I hope that Judgy Chelsy and Stud John slept in, stayed up late, watched some of the Beast, ate more than two animal crackers, drank a case of Pepsi, skipped church and Bible time, and had no semblance of a schedule to follow while on honeymoon.

For those who snarked about the bowl of soup not being sufficently filling for an evening meal, check out http://www.mennonitegirlscancook.ca/2009/09/taco-soup.html.  We're talking chili, but with taco seasoning instead of chili seasoning, lots of vegetables, looks like you could stand a spoon upright in a bowlful of the stuff.

Mr. Black and I eat hearty soups (and nothing else, except a glass of beer or wine) for supper a couple times a week during the winter. We never leave the table feeling anything but pleasantly full. YMMV

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

For those who snarked about the bowl of soup not being sufficently filling for an evening meal, check out http://www.mennonitegirlscancook.ca/2009/09/taco-soup.html.  We're talking chili, but with taco seasoning instead of chili seasoning, lots of vegetables, looks like you could stand a spoon upright in a bowlful of the stuff.

Mr. Black and I eat hearty soups (and nothing else, except a glass of beer or wine) for supper a couple times a week during the winter. We never leave the table feeling anything but pleasantly full. YMMV

Plus many probably didn’t have an appetite after the speech about Steve’s vasectomy reversal :my_sick:

18 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

I flatter myself that I can eat spicy but woo! that recipe calls for some spice for one pound of meat.  Of course there’s plenty of veg, so...when it gets cold again, I’ll try it! Thanks.

On topic: I bet Chelsy & John know about FJ & I also bet they are mostly unperturbed by it. John’s rebellious [sic] nature has resulted in him being in the world and as best we know, he doesn’t lose himself to licentiousness. He and she strike me as little different from your average, conservative, KJV-only Christians who have to do icky [sic] things like work for people they’re not related to, etc.  

John may own his irrigation business but any business owner who doesn’t say they answer to their customers is not gonna own a business for long.

Which - come to think of it - makes me surer than ever that shrewd Steve got a boatload of money in his suit against his KC employer, and maybe from Boeing in WA, who knows?

So much so that he can sell his merchandise with his arrogant attitude of “take it or leave it; but if you don’t take it, you’re not going to heaven when you die.  Oh, and while you’re alive here on earth? If you don’t buy my way, you’ll suffer, Seeing your children turn into irredemable, lascivious reprobates!”

On 7/19/2018 at 4:16 PM, MamaJunebug said:

One of two things, probably:

* She didn’t eat soup at the reception - she ate before the reception and mingled,

OR:

* Like me, she figured “screw it!!!” and tied a big towel over her front like a bib. 

Just how tasty WAS that soup? Once we know that, we know whether she partook!!

Did the Maxwell's make the soup? If so, that dress was safe as in the arms of you-know-who

He and she strike me as little different from your average, conservative, KJV-only Christians who have to do icky [sic] things like work for people they’re not related to, etc.

Oh my I must be getting tired. I looked at that and saw KY jelly Christians....I know, I know....

d303dbe6-7aa9-46f5-b52e-019fc29f1763.jpg._CB316521452_.jpg

21 hours ago, anniebgood said:

Oh my I must be getting tired. I looked at that and saw KY jelly Christians....I know, I know....

d303dbe6-7aa9-46f5-b52e-019fc29f1763.jpg._CB316521452_.jpg

I have used so much KY in the course of my nursing jobs that I can usually only picture greasing up a rectal thermometer with it.  Of course, this lovely stuff wasn't the actual KY on hand then.

Chelsy's sister Allison just wrote a blog post today reflecting on some of her favorite blog posts thus far, and one of her links was to the post she wrote about singleness last June right after it was announced that three of her brothers were getting married- it reminded me that Chelsy had written a post at the same time on being an older sister when three of her younger brothers were getting married before her. I read back through it-Chelsy insists she's feeling nothing but happy happy joy for their relationships (while she is ostensibly single), and says that the fall all her brothers began their relationships was "one of the happiest times of (her) life". How disingenuous that whole post sounds now- no wonder she was enjoying that fall, it's when she began a relationship with John. Of course she's fine with them getting married, she knows her wedding will be soon to follow. No shit "it isn't hard, and no, it isn't a struggle". What a crappy thing for her to put out into the world to be read by other stay at home daughters guilting them for feeling bad if their younger siblings marry first, presenting herself as if she were single and dealing with this while she's seriously dating someone. It's also weird she presents it as if she and Allison are in the same boat (which Allison's post understandably does not), even if her younger sister is privately in a pre-engagement relationship now, she clearly wasn't at the time- there's no way they were processing their brothers' relationships in identical ways. Way to empathize with your sister/best friend.

2 hours ago, pandora said:

Chelsy's sister Allison just wrote a blog post today reflecting on some of her favorite blog posts thus far, and one of her links was to the post she wrote about singleness last June right after it was announced that three of her brothers were getting married- it reminded me that Chelsy had written a post at the same time on being an older sister when three of her younger brothers were getting married before her. I read back through it-Chelsy insists she's feeling nothing but happy happy joy for their relationships (while she is ostensibly single), and says that the fall all her brothers began their relationships was "one of the happiest times of (her) life". How disingenuous that whole post sounds now- no wonder she was enjoying that fall, it's when she began a relationship with John. Of course she's fine with them getting married, she knows her wedding will be soon to follow. No shit "it isn't hard, and no, it isn't a struggle". What a crappy thing for her to put out into the world to be read by other stay at home daughters guilting them for feeling bad if their younger siblings marry first, presenting herself as if she were single and dealing with this while she's seriously dating someone. It's also weird she presents it as if she and Allison are in the same boat (which Allison's post understandably does not), even if her younger sister is privately in a pre-engagement relationship now, she clearly wasn't at the time- there's no way they were processing their brothers' relationships in identical ways. Way to empathize with your sister/best friend.

I thought the exact same thing when she wrote about the timeline of her relationship. How easy it is to be so happy for your brothers when you are about to get engaged yourself. Actually she got engaged a few days before the triple wedding weekend. So I’m sure she was just blissful at their wedding. 

Yep it was easy for me to be happy when my younger sister announced she was pregnant because I was in a relationship that was about to lead to a proposal and babies myself. 

However 6 years earlier when she announced her engagement my feelings where a lot more complicated. 

A bit sneaky of Chelsy really. 

Do you guys think she is reflective enough to realize she was being a little sneak?

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived