IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 5; Pregnant, but Still Waiting to Read about the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, freethemall said:

Also, is kombucha really okay for pregnant women?

I would say no due the alcohol in it, but the PV it is quite low, anyone can buy it. If someone is avoiding medicine with alcohol in it during pregnancy, they should avoid Kombucha too. It depends where one draws the line I guess.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

November 19, 2018 at 9:25 am

Sarah, will you get to take Chelsy’s maternity photos as well? I would love to see them!

Teri Maxwell says:

November 19, 2018 at 4:19 pm

Nothing scheduled.

Dang, how rude!  Not surprising though!

2 hours ago, freethemall said:

Also, is kombucha really okay for pregnant women?

Back when I was having kids 20 some years ago it was no coffee at all and she's still drinking it but I think the rules have become more lax on that.

I was so careful about what I ingested while pregnant I wouldn't have touched kombucha but tbh it looks gross so I wouldn't touch it now :)

1 hour ago, dripcurl said:

I would say no due the alcohol in it, but the PV it is quite low, anyone can buy it.

From what I read there are two kinds you can purchase, one anyone can buy but some have .5% alcohol or higher and anything at that level you need to be 21 and over.

12 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Back when I was having kids 20 some years ago it was no coffee at all and she's still drinking it but I think the rules have become more lax on that.

I was so careful about what I ingested while pregnant I wouldn't have touched kombucha but tbh it looks gross so I wouldn't touch it now :)

From what I read there are two kinds you can purchase, one anyone can buy but some have .5% alcohol or higher and anything at that level you need to be 21 and over.

Buff, my youngest is just 8. Eight years ago I was told no more caffeine than the amount of one can of soda. And I am fairly my recently pregnant girlfriends with 2 and 3 year olds got the same advice.

I was allowed a cup of coffee but I was so turned off by coffee while pregnant, I just didn’t bother. That was only a few years ago.

The women I know that were pregnant recently all continued drinking coffee, but limited the amount they drank each day. That was really hard for some of them. Some of them switched from black coffee to lattes to stretch their daily dosis to two or three cups. 

Coffee was my 100% accurate pregnancy test...I adore it and need it in the morning, but it would make me queasy within 3-4 weeks of conceiving, every time.  As soon as the baby came, it was fine and I started drinking it again.

I was told to try to stay under 200 mg of caffeine with all 3 of my children. They are 9-15 now. It was difficult with my oldest, I was working 60-70 hours a week with really crazy shifts and going to school part time and caffeine was pretty much what kept me going. I went from drinking several cups of strong black coffee to 2 very milky lattes. 

2 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

Coffee was my 100% accurate pregnancy test...I adore it and need it in the morning, but it would make me queasy within 3-4 weeks of conceiving, every time.  As soon as the baby came, it was fine and I started drinking it again.

Wine was like that for me. It tasted metallic less than week after conceiving with all my pregnancies. 

Uk guidelines are to reduce consumption rather than avoid entirely:

https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/pregnancy/should-i-limit-caffeine-during-pregnancy/

I've seen most people cut it out during the first trimester when the overall risk of miscarriage is highest then ease back into one or two cups a day. There are so many things you can't have at all while pregnant... cutting out all tea is taking it a step too far imho. You can have green tea (about 1/2 the caffeine in black tea) if worried, or limit yourself to just one cup a day. 

On 11/17/2018 at 4:44 PM, SPHASH said:

Another thing with the Bontragers and Judgy Chelsy is they don't edit or block comments on their blogs with the exception of Righteous Josh Bontrager.  Coward Steve only lets comments through that kiss his ass.

This isn't accurate. Not sure if they filter/approve all comments or just on specific posts (I only commented once) but the Bontragers did not approve my comment on John and Chelsy's love story post. I can't remember what it was exactly but it referenced the horseback riding pic that they swapped out.

On 11/17/2018 at 10:54 PM, AnnaSofia said:

I don't follow the Maxwells super closely, so I could be off base here, but John seemed to push Maxhell boundaries more than his older siblings did. I suspect Steve bit his tongue on Chelsy because even if she doesn't fit his usual criteria for a daughter-in-law, he was afraid that if he tried to forbid the marriage, John might truly rebel. He's been allowed just enough of what he wants to pacify him and keep him in the fold.

I don't think Steve had much of a choice when it came to Chelsy given how far off the Maxwell path their relationship was.

ETA- Re the pic of Chelsy wearing jeans in her new blog post. Since the horseback riding fuckery I pretty much assume she's wearing jeans whenever you can't see her from the waist down.

In Chelsy’s comments section, a reader asked if that was a Wissmann boy next to Sarah Mally. Lol! That’s her dad! They must think he looks very young for his age! 

I’m amazed Chelsy got Kyle to smile. Calia and Kyle seem to be serious babies (nothing wrong with that. I love serious babies). He’s a cutie. He has an adorable smile. 

7C9C37AA-76DA-4AE8-8468-22E5CA77F8EA.jpeg

6 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

The same thing with Diet Pepsi for me.

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m amazed Chelsy got Kyle to smile. Calia and Kyle seem to be serious babies (nothing wrong with that. I love serious babies). He’s a cutie. He has an adorable smile. 

Yes, it always seemed like Calia was either crying or had just been crying in all of her early pictures.

Hopefully no one will give she and Kyle a hard time if they're not happy happy, joy joy all the time.

6 hours ago, Dru said:

This isn't accurate. Not sure if they filter/approve all comments or just on specific posts (I only commented once) but the Bontragers did not approve my comment on John and Chelsy's love story post. I can't remember what it was exactly but it referenced the horseback riding pic that they swapped out.

I don't think Steve had much of a choice when it came to Chelsy given how far off the Maxwell path their relationship was.

ETA- Re the pic of Chelsy wearing jeans in her new blog post. Since the horseback riding fuckery I pretty much assume she's wearing jeans whenever you can't see her from the waist down.

That is just weird as hell. She should just not post the pic if she is wearing something she is not supposed to be wearing. Or maybe not be a hypocrite ....

16 hours ago, Foudeb said:

There are so many things you can't have at all while pregnant... cutting out all tea is taking it a step too far imho. You can have green tea (about 1/2 the caffeine in black tea) if worried, or limit yourself to just one cup a day. 

That was how I felt. I limited myself to one cup of tea (with caffeine) each day, and some days I skipped that if I felt up to it. I told my OB that was my plan, since a single cup of black tea was well within the recommended limits. He said, "Caffeine is still a drug, you know."  Well, sorry, but it's my drug, and it was pretty much my only "vice" while I was pregnant. :pb_rollseyes: (I did have jobs that included cleaning multiple litterboxes once or twice daily, but I always remembered to wear my face mask and gloves like my OB told me. And earning money isn't exactly a vice.)

19 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was allowed a cup of coffee but I was so turned off by coffee while pregnant, I just didn’t bother. That was only a few years ago.

Me too, except it was more than a couple of years ago for me! I simply couldn’t go near tea or coffee.

I don’t know whether I should have done this since soft serve is on the forbidden list, but ... I had such a SEVERE craving for soft serve ice cream when I was pregnant that when I walked past my local ice creamery and burst into tears ... the owner took pity on me and told me to come back at 9am the next day. She explained her sterilisation technique and said she had taken extra measures the evening before (just for me ❤️ ) and promised me that there wouldn’t be any harmful bacteria in the tubes. So I had a soft serve cone, sobbing the whole time.

I don’t know what I exposed me or my baby to (this was 20+ years ago) but I was so happy. Thank goodness nothing bad happened.

On 11/18/2018 at 3:58 PM, fundiefan said:

I don't get the John love either. He looks far too much like Steve for me to even grasp the idea. But, hey, we all have different perspectives.

About Chelsy using "the" to describe people - - I definitely use "the" instead of "my" as a way of detachment. The ex husband, the former boss, the creepy neighbor. When I am not conveying my disdain, I say my sister, my friend, my coworker. 

For me it's very intentional and in some cases, like with the ex, it's complete habit.

I don't imagine that Chelsy has that level of intentional detachment though. She's been raised to be overly respectful to certain people. Maxwells & Bontragers both raised their families with an almost idol-worthy level of esteem for family.

Of course, I could totally be wrong and it could very well be her way of throwing shade.

She tries to compensate for it by using "sisters in love."  

Remember this post? I think Chelsy probably gets along better with the women that married into the Maxwell family than Sarah, Anna, and Mary. Probably because the actual Maxwell sisters are so sheltered and stunted that they aren’t as easy to connect with. 

5461A7E2-6D05-44B2-A0AB-6EE40AE6F680.jpeg

Based on a couple of pictures of Chelsy with Elissa and her kids, it looks like they have become friends. Somehow, that makes me happy for them both.

4 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Based on a couple of pictures of Chelsy with Elissa and her kids, it looks like they have become friends. Somehow, that makes me happy for them both.

It makes me happy too. It can’t be easy to marry into the Maxwell family. 

9 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I assumed they would. They seem the most alike and are in similar life stages. Plus Elyssa keeps her distance from the Maxwell’s better than Mel and Anna. I sometimes wonder if Mel and Anna are so close with Steve and Teri because they need more help with the children. Elyssa can probably handle her two pretty well and Chelsy doesn’t have any yet. It makes me wonder if Elyssa and Chelsy will get more sucked into the Maxborg when they have more kids than they can handle and must use Steve, Teri, and the Aunties for a break. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Remember this post? I think Chelsy probably gets along better with the women that married into the Maxwell family than Sarah, Anna, and Mary. Probably because the actual Maxwell sisters are so sheltered and stunted that they aren’t as easy to connect with. 

5461A7E2-6D05-44B2-A0AB-6EE40AE6F680.jpeg

NR Anna couldn't come due to sickness, or because Prisstopher won't let her hang out with Chelsy on account of her being a bad influence?

I didn't know soft serve ice cream was off-limits to pregnant women and now I feel sad lol. I am YEARS away from starting a family, but I LOVE ice cream, especially soft serve or custard. When I am traveling, stressed, or sick, its the only thing I want to eat. Happy? soft serve. Queasy? soft serve. Sad? soft serve. So I imagine my pregnant butt is going to be craving soft serve and crying for 9 months. 

That's a really really sweet story @adidas.

13 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

NR Anna couldn't come due to sickness, or because Prisstopher won't let her hang out with Chelsy on account of her being a bad influence?

They went thrift shopping together recently so I assume Priss allows it. But Anna does have her hands full with five young kids. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived