IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 5; Pregnant, but Still Waiting to Read about the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, bertnee said:

Wonder if Chelsy says "unmarried siblings" because the Maxwells decided to be weird and differentiate between family and "extended" family?

That was my take.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dru said:

That was my take.

If that was an intentional dig that was awesome, and shocking a Maxwell married someone who had it in her.

1 hour ago, Lady Grass Lake said:

In the picture of the big group in the backyard, who is the good looking guy sitting to the left of Chelsy, wearing jeans and a blue long sleeve shirt.  There's a woman sitting on his left with a ball cap, with a blonde pony tail through the back of the ball cap.  

Friends of John and Chelsy. I don't know their names but Sarah mentioned them in her post about the "barbeque".

On 9/21/2018 at 11:48 AM, HereticHick said:

All those visitors to John and Chelsy's! I wonder how many of them were potential helpmeets for Jesse? : )

I was speculating on Alison. I don't think she's just making so many visits because her sister is lonely in Kansas with only six sisters-in-law to hang out with.

On 9/22/2018 at 8:53 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know it’s unlikely, but I would love it if they spent their girl time making fun of Steve. ?

It wouldn't be too difficult, would it???

6 minutes ago, Granwych said:

It wouldn't be too difficult, would it???

I am confident every poster here could manage it in street shoes :) 

On 9/21/2018 at 10:27 PM, Coconutwater said:

John and Joe started wearing shorts l, I think they are the two to branch the most away from the brand (no clue about forgotten Jesse) and look at John in that sleeveless cut off t shirt. He’s looking so much healthier and happy since marriage. 

John in that sleeveless cut off shirt. NIKE! I felt heavily defrauded. When it comes to looks, Chelsy really scored big IMHO.

On 9/22/2018 at 8:15 PM, LurkerOverThePond said:

I can see the future Mrs. Jesse joining Chelsy, Mel, and Elissa on their shopping trip.

I can imagine that Steve is really mad about his daughters in law being fun loving and doing normal stuff like that, so he probably only allow Jesse to marry a very conservative fundie girl like Anna Marie.

9 hours ago, ophelia said:

I can imagine that Steve is really mad about his daughters in law being fun loving and doing normal stuff like that, so he probably only allow Jesse to marry a very conservative fundie girl like Anna Marie.

I'm pretty sure it's much too late for that. He works and travels with Joe, already has a house, and participates in game night. Steve has lost his grip on all of the boys other than Chris.

I hope Chris’s kids look at their cousins and start having fun when they are older. There’s no way to shelter them from seeing the difference in dress and things they do as families. I feel sad for his kids more so than the others who’s parents seem to be letting their kids be kids a bit more than they were allowed to be. 

6 hours ago, Eddiesmom said:

First time poster here. I wonder if this blog post has been discussed here already. Quite an interesting read about socialization of children in school. Writer is making valid points IMO.

http://whencowsandkidscollide.blogspot.com/2017/08/homeschooling-badly-other-socialization.html?m=1

I believe I’ve read this before. I want to make a few comments. I love that this was posted on Aug 30th, 2017 and it states John is single. When he literally JUST got engaged to Chelsy but they were keeping it a secret st the time. 

Although the author makes good points about networking and making contacts, if this author knew a little more about John, she would know that contacts are made through the fundie homeschooling groups. Steve actually has met A LOT of the fundies. I would say Steve has met almost the big name fundies we talk about here on FJ. And I do think that matters. Fundies often hire other fundies or recommend them to others. 

Another thing that John does to boost his contact list is attending conferences. We know through Chelsy that he attends them and John is an outgoing guy. I imagine he has made quite a few connections through them.

I have to add Chelsy as another way he makes contacts. The Bontragers still travel all over and are in the farming business. So I’m sure she provides some contacts. 

I definitely understand what the author is getting at. I am sure there are other better examples. But John Maxwell isn’t a great example of what the author is trying to prove. 

Guys, we are never going to read about the honeymoon. We must let it go before pining for it becomes an idol.

We just have to accept it was a movie-watching, pants-wearing, spicy-food eating week full of sexxxytime.

15 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Guys, we are never going to read about the honeymoon. We must let it go before pining for it becomes an idol.

We just have to accept it was a movie-watching, pants-wearing, spicy-food eating week full of sexxxytime.

Yes, waiting for a post about the honeymoon will now replace waiting for a post about alternate uses for the pizza cutter.  They've finally mentioned using a pizza cutter to cut pasta and burritos for the little kids!  Sadly, nothing about lettuce yet.

So, while we have to move forward and get on with our lives, let's keep just a little hope in our hearts that we might still hear about the honeymoon one day just as we finally learned about the pizza cutter (sort of).

I believe one of Chelsy’s favorite foods is cheesecake. She had a bunch of them at her wedding. So I’m not surprised the Cheesecake Factory is her favorite. 

On 9/21/2018 at 2:03 PM, Dru said:

How the hell is Cheesecake Factory anyone's favorite restaurant? Over-priced mediocre food in my opinion

And there are so many restaurants on the plaza! They drove what, an hour, and that's what they went with?

Also, who the hell cuts up bananas without peeling them first?

1 minute ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Have banana bread in the oven as I type this, can confirm you peel them first.

15 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Schools do. Both at the day care I worked at years ago and my children's elementary school. I've actually cut banana's in half for parties for my kids. It makes them easier for little hands to peel but more portable than being peeled and cut on a tray. i can't imagine why you would do it for an adult though. 

I also like the Cheesecake Factory, though it has probably been at least 8 years since I have eaten at one. I liked the cheesecake and think the food was pretty good for a chain. Would I drive an hour for one? Absolutely not, but there aren't many chains (if any?) I would go out of my way to visit. 

Cheesecake Factory is one of those restaurants (to me anyway) where you go if you can’t decide on anything or no one knows what they want. We end up there when neither of us will pick something. I don’t get how it’s a favorite, the food isn’t bad, but not great. I like their drinks, but they don’t drink so they must like mediocre food. John is probably thrilled to be able to eat well now and not fast every time he “rebels”

Cheesecake Factory has more than sad bean tacos, salmonella leftovers, or weird chicken cream beef casserole, so I guess it must qualify as gourmet! The calories on Cheesecake Factory meals are CRAZY. I know restaurant food is often high but I feel like CF is in its own special little category.

Doesn't Penny from big bang theory work at Cheesecake factory? Worlds can't collide more in my head. 

My sister and I are taking our mom to Cheesecake Factory for her birthday next month.  I can take it or leave it, but the two of them like it for the cheesecake.  I’d call it middle of the road. 

40 minutes ago, Scrabblemaster said:

Doesn't Penny from big bang theory work at Cheesecake factory? Worlds can't collide more in my head. 

Yes she did. She is now a sales rep for pharmaceuticals. Big Bang is my favorite show so I know this. 

2 hours ago, catlady said:

My sister and I are taking our mom to Cheesecake Factory for her birthday next month.  I can take it or leave it, but the two of them like it for the cheesecake.  I’d call it middle of the road. 

The two times I've eaten Cheesecake Factory food, I found it underwhelming. (Once was in the restaurant, once was take-out.) The cheesecake was yummy, but my food was boring, and the time we ate there, the server kept rushing us. I had only had a few bites (because I had to take my then toddler to the bathroom) and she was already trying to box up my food. If I want their cheesecake again, I'll just get some cheesecake to go, and skip the "service" and the unimpressive main course.

What I like about the Cheesecake Factory is the wide variety of food. I’ve got a few picky eaters in my extended family and if you go to CF in a big group, someone can always find something on the menu they like. And their cheesecake is tasty. I would never go to CF with just my husband. We would go for Indian or Mediterranean food instead.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived