IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 5; Pregnant, but Still Waiting to Read about the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I also noticed that Chris and Anna were both missing from guys night and girls night. My guess is that their life is full and exhausting with that many children all close together in age. They have the same number as Nathan and Mel but theirs are spread out. When you spread out five kids, it’s not as completely overwhelming and exhausting. Calia and Kyle are over two years apart so hopefully they won’t have children back to back like NRAnna. I’m also hoping John and Chelsy don’t have them so close together either. I think Anna probably does well as a mom to many. However it’s still exhausting no matter how good you are at being a SAHM. Chris and Anna use the Maxwell’s as a babysitter fairly often and when they visit for meals, they have a lot of extra hands to help with the kids. That’s probably why we see them so often in the blog. 

Perhaps. It's always been my thought that Chris is a mini Steve and thus isn't interested in taking part in entertaining or competitive (and god forbid both!) activities. How can that possibly glorify god? Likewise, Anna seems much more conservative than the other sisters-in-law, especially Chelsy, and I could see her being uncomfortable hanging out and participating in gal chat.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Dru said:

Perhaps. It's always been my thought that Chris is a mini Steve and thus isn't interested in taking part in entertaining or competitive (and god forbid both!) activities. How can that possibly glorify god? Likewise, Anna seems much more conservative than the other sisters-in-law, especially Chelsy, and I could see her being uncomfortable hanging out and participating in gal chat.

I agree. They definitely seem boring. But since they do spend a lot of time at Steve and Teri’s house (whether it’s the whole family or just their kids), I imagine it’s partly so they can get a break. They seem like they would never ever hire a non family babysitter. 

John and Joe started wearing shorts l, I think they are the two to branch the most away from the brand (no clue about forgotten Jesse) and look at John in that sleeveless cut off t shirt. He’s looking so much healthier and happy since marriage. 

I noted that Chels posted 1 pic of a walk with the unmarried Maxwell "girls" (and I noticed that her skirt is about a foot shorter than theirs)  but she makes no mention of walking and exercising with them as a regular thing.

She's too busy tending her veggie garden & sending out thank you notes. And being sociable.

I noticed that Chelsy referred to the "ham for the Maxwell Easter dinner".  Tsk, Tsk Chelsy. 

I kinda think she'll continue to keep most of her lifestyle up when the baby is born. Maybe even after the second. I expect she'll slow down a but after that though. At least that is how it was for us. When our first was born we still traveled a lot and not much changed really. Our second came along and it we did slow down a little, but again not a whole lot changed. Baby number 3 came and it felt like the train went off the tracks until the youngest was 3-4 and then slowly started picking back up again. 

3 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

John and Joe started wearing shorts l, I think they are the two to branch the most away from the brand (no clue about forgotten Jesse) and look at John in that sleeveless cut off t shirt. He’s looking so much healthier and happy since marriage. 

I agree. I think Chelsy (and her family) have been good for John. Hell, probably for all of the "children"/grandchildren, except maybe Sarah. I suspect she judges Chelsy's fashion and makeup choices. And I bet there's some bitterness too over this happy fun loving woman who's living the very life she's been denied.

4 hours ago, Coconutwater said:

A Maxwell male leg, should their not be an X rated button on her blog?  Where is the pic of John in a cut off shirt or has Stevie made her delete it?

Note that she is wearing those horrid skirts....

Posting these pics before they are deleted.  Hi Steve!

IMG_0218.jpg

Spoiler

IMG_8952.JPG

Spoiler

IMG_9607.JPG

And Stud John playing...a sport!

Spoiler

IMG_7956.JPG

7 hours ago, Dru said:

Initial thoughts:.

• How the hell is Cheesecake Factory anyone's favorite restaurant? Over-priced mediocre food in my opinion.

I'd like to know that, too, @Dru!  I went to Cheesecake Factory exactly once and that was more than enough.  The service was slow, the wait was interminable, and the food was lousy except for maybe the cheesecake.  (I have had better cheesecake though.)  My daughter's chicken was undercooked and she had to send it back.  

I've been watching Diner's, Drive-ins, and Dives this afternoon and evening and I'll take any restaurant that Guy has gone to on Triple D before the Cheesecake Factory.  The food at  all these joints looks amazing !  It's what restaurant food was meant to be.

3 hours ago, Dru said:

I agree. I think Chelsy (and her family) have been good for John. Hell, probably for all of the "children"/grandchildren, except maybe Sarah. I suspect she judges Chelsy's fashion and makeup choices. And I bet there's some bitterness too over this happy fun loving woman who's living the very life she's been denied.

But Sarah isn't allowed to have feelings!

4 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

Baby number 3 came and it felt like the train went off the tracks

Absolutely.  As soon as you're outnumbered everything changes.

On 9/7/2018 at 2:59 PM, usedbicycle said:

I'd like him to look me straight in the eye and tell me that this lady for example (Elizabeth Frazer) is not dressed modestly enough for his liking.  

Do you want a three hour long lecture about how contrasting buttons are a sign on wantonness?  

Because I'm pretty sure he could speak on that for hours without even preparing notes.

Wow, that Chelsy post blows all of the Maxwell “random life” posts out of the water. She actually had somewhat interesting stories and captions - the raccoon thing was pretty sweet, and good for them for following animal control’s instructions but also for catching the mom’s retrieval of the babies on tape. I’m sure they enjoyed watching that, it would be cool to see. While I was reading it I tried to imagine the same thing happening at the Maxhell compound and Sarah trying to blog about it, but there’s actually so many ways she could make that story dreadfully boring that I couldn’t choose just one. 

This summer has been so hot, I have no idea how they would be doing outdoor work while wearing pants! I’m glad John has some shorts. I would be miserable trying to do that physical labor in jeans. 

I wonder if Chelsy wishes the House didn’t need so much work. She says she likes going to Menards (I like Menards too) and picking out stuff for the house. But now that she’s pregnant, it must be kind of a pain in the ass. Chelsy wasn’t raised to believe you must buy a house debt free. A house that needs lots of work is the only house John could afford paying cash. I wonder if she secretly wishes she didn’t have to spend the months leading up to her wedding working on the house and then working on it throughout the first year of marriage. 

19 minutes ago, Markie said:

Both Melanie and Elissa seem very happy to be out with Chelsy. Hopefully she brings some brightness into that oppressive family. 

I know it’s unlikely, but I would love it if they spent their girl time making fun of Steve. ?

That is one of the most flattering photos Elissa that I have ever seen and Melanie looks relaxed & happy.  Also, that food looks yummy (not chipped beef vomit wrapped chicken).

5 hours ago, Markie said:

Both Melanie and Elissa seem very happy to be out with Chelsy.

They look so... normal. Especially compared with the manically grinning stiff immediate family. I hope they have found what-some-might-call friends in each other. Also, the guys playing board games seem to genuinely have a good time, shorts and all. I can see the future Mrs. Jesse joining Chelsy, Mel, and Elissa on their shopping trip.

Edit. Forgot to add that it is refreshing to get a rare glimpse of Maxwell life in a non-Steve dictated blog post.

5 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

That is one of the most flattering photos Elissa that I have ever seen and Melanie looks relaxed & happy.  Also, that food looks yummy (not chipped beef vomit wrapped chicken).

I thought the same about Elissa. I think she is very pretty but she rarely looks relaxed in the family photos. In the one with Chelsy, she looks so natural and comfortable. 

Melanie looks great too  

I can see those three having a lot of "coffee dates." 

Regarding the three sisters babysitting so often; I have often wondered if that is one reason Steve and Teri don't encourage their daughters to get married. Married aunts would not be available to care for all the nieces and nephews. We can't let the precious Maxwell sons worry about child care, can we? 

Just now, usmcmom said:

Regarding the three sisters babysitting so often; I have often wondered if that is one reason Steve and Teri don't encourage their daughters to get married. Married aunts would not be available to care for all the nieces and nephews. We can't let the precious Maxwell sons worry about child care, can we? 

I was thinking the same thing. They get free childcare from the aunts. If they were to marry no more free childcare. 

10 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

That is one of the most flattering photos Elissa that I have ever seen and Melanie looks relaxed & happy.  

I didn't recognize Elissa *or* Melanie the first time I scrolled through that post. Had to look again to find the picture you guys were talking about. Wow, what a difference from how they normally look on the Max blog!

Chelsy’s blog stands in blatant contrast with Poor Sarah’s “writing.” Chelsy’s flows  conversationally and effortlessly; Sarah’s limps and trudges along. If only the Maxwell girls had been allowed to concentrate on areas they actually enjoyed and were good at.

Wonder if Chelsy says "unmarried siblings" because the Maxwells decided to be weird and differentiate between family and "extended" family?

In the picture of the big group in the backyard, who is the good looking guy sitting to the left of Chelsy, wearing jeans and a blue long sleeve shirt.  There's a woman sitting on his left with a ball cap, with a blonde pony tail through the back of the ball cap.  

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived