IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 5; Pregnant, but Still Waiting to Read about the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

They've named a specific date for the due date, when they haven't done that before (to my knowledge). I know that they've sometimes posted the approximate month, or "the first quarter of the year" with Elissa's second. 

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are suspiciously few comments being posted for a pregnancy post. I wonder how many aren't making it through because they include some fundie version of "No shit. Chelsy posted about it two and a half weeks ago."

What? I had no idea Steve had a rule against defined waistlines! Did he actually write this somewhere?

I'd like him to look me straight in the eye and tell me that this lady for example (Elizabeth Frazer) is not dressed modestly enough for his liking.  

Screen Shot 2018-09-07 at 3.47.09 PM.png

55 minutes ago, Dru said:

There are suspiciously few comments being posted for a pregnancy post. I wonder how many aren't making it through because they include some fundie version of "No shit. Chelsy posted about it two and a half weeks ago."

Heh. That awkward moment when you start losing readers to your daughter-in-law's blog which has actual news, is better written, has tastier looking food and is more... f*n.

1 hour ago, usedbicycle said:

What? I had no idea Steve had a rule against defined waistlines! Did he actually write this somewhere?

I'd like him to look me straight in the eye and tell me that this lady for example (Elizabeth Frazer) is not dressed modestly enough for his liking.  

Maybe someone else will chime in, but I don't know for sure that Steve mentioned the waistline specifically. However, if you Google "Titus2blog modesty" a post will pop up in which he nearly lost his mind because he accidentally looked towards a woman who was stooping down with a "medium neckline." Hence the double-layered shirts, apparently, that no glimpse of a feminine chest will torment the mind of Stevehovah.

In addition, their jumpers, especially in earlier pictures, are completely shapeless, ankle-length garments, and are praised for their modesty. So I think we can safelessly assume that Steve prefers not to see waistlines either. 

I did a search to find blog posts on sewing, and they seem to have started with almost no knowledge of sewing whatsoever, and no knowledge of how to ensure that their clothing was going to fit properly. Not to mention that they eliminate back zippers if at all possible so they can just pull the jumpers over their heads.

I wouldn't see a problem with lack of sewing knowledge in general, but for a "Keeper at Home" that's just ridiculous. Sarah started sewing at about 14, according to Teri, and ten years later she was still making zipperless frumpers. 

1 hour ago, usedbicycle said:

Wait. That's a woman?!?  

I seriously thought it was a teenage boy going to "Gender Bender" day at school. 

Annnnnnd....the prayer closet is <-------which way?------->

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m guessing that just like her brother Josh, she has very little self awareness.

Josh Bontrager has to be one of the scariest fundies I have seen in a while. He has the potential to grow up to make Steve Maxwell look benign and cuddly. I get a real creepy vibe from his insta posts and really feel for his wife and kid(s).

2 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

What @Lisafer said. One only need to look at the blog. The double shirts (even when the neckline of the out one is above the collar bone) with the outer one being loose, the vests, the hoodies. Have you ever seen any of them tuck a shirt in? And this is their contemporary look were talking about. 

Mary sometimes pushes the line with shirts that actually fit, but she's also getting away with shorter skirts, fixing her hair up, and exposing a leg almost up to the knee in several pictures. Maybe because she's the baby and "a creative". I think she's trying to attract a husband so she doesn't end up like Sarah.

I wonder how much of the lack of Chesly and Elissa on the blog has to do with them wanting privacy and how much of it is Steve or Sarah not approving of their clothing choices.

8 minutes ago, terranova said:

Josh Bontrager has to be one of the scariest fundies I have seen in a while. He has the potential to grow up to make Steve Maxwell look benign and cuddly. I get a real creepy vibe from his insta posts and really feel for his wife and kid(s).

Agree. He definitely get's a real "I'm going to eat your soul" look on his face sometimes. 

I was looking at the photos of double-layered shirts just now. I'm not sure I would survive Maxhell. I am very heat intolerant (going to see a doc about that next week) and just being in a place that's too warm makes me dizzy and nauseous. Double-layered clothes would be torture. Thank goodness my workplace is fine with me wearing sleeveless tanks and shorts! 

I guess the Maxwells are used to the layers upon layers of clothing, but ugh.

12 hours ago, artdecades said:

well according to her brother Josh, "Bontragers like to use big, rare, words." He didn't say they like to use them correctly.

Considering the quality of Teri’s homeschooling I’m afraid to guess what a rare word might be. 

5 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

Two words: Contrasting. Buttons.

12 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Considering the quality of Teri’s homeschooling I’m afraid to guess what a rare word might be. 

"Fun."

13 hours ago, bea said:

choleric introvert

So, she is a shy person who has cholera?  :sick:

48 minutes ago, albireo said:

Two words: Contrasting. Buttons.

So women in Steve's world aren't allowed contrasting buttons because it draws attention to the chest. What about for men? Does the outfit I have included under the spoiler draw too much attention to the genital area?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3da0bc2b817d43726c6412e47dafd7dd.png

4 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Wait. That's a woman?!?  

I seriously thought it was a teenage boy going to "Gender Bender" day at school. 

Poor Elizabeth. Although when I look at pictures of she and Michael Staddon together, they look like an awkward fundie match made in heaven. And I can’t wait to see her wedding dress. 

5 hours ago, Lisafer said:

I wouldn't see a problem with lack of sewing knowledge in general, but for a "Keeper at Home" that's just ridiculous. Sarah started sewing at about 14, according to Teri, and ten years later she was still making zipperless frumpers. 

I saw zipperless frumpers but read and thought, zipless fuck. (Erica Jong)

Considering that they waited until someone pointed out that Elissa was visibly pregnant in a candid photo to be like "oh yeah she's preggo again", I wonder if it's some kind of beef. With Elissa, since she features pretty rarely on the blog and has a negligible social media presence, I can see her being more private and the Maxwells respecting that. But Chelsy is pretty active in social media/blogging, so it's not like she's a super private person; I hope you haven't invited any vegetarians over for dinner because I think there's some beef

I can vaguely understand the Elissa thing and not wanting to have to deal with public intrusion into a miscarriage.

17 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Wait. That's a woman?!?  

Is that the Frazer that is a future OfStaddon?

19 hours ago, Lisafer said:

So women in Steve's world aren't allowed contrasting buttons because it draws attention to the chest. What about for men? Does the outfit I have included under the spoiler draw too much attention to the genital area?

Hide contents

Are you referring to that big hairy thing between his legs?  :my_wink:

15 hours ago, FeministFunPolice said:

I can vaguely understand the Elissa thing and not wanting to have to deal with public intrusion into a miscarriage.

Elissa also seems to be a very private person. She wasn't online at all when she married into the Maxwell clan. IIRC, someone here found her via an article about a 4H project she did as a homeschooled kid.

Elissa might be a private person but Joe loves telling  his followers on the Twitter how great that magnum thing he is into - which I can never work out what it is - I thought it was an ice cream.....

This is rather curt after all that Rebecca K has been through recently:

Rebecca K. says:

September 7, 2018 at 12:18 pm

Yay! Been praying. Hope it will be wonderful for John and Chelsy. Love, Rebecca

Teri Maxwell says:

September 7, 2018 at 3:30 pm

Thank you for praying.

3 hours ago, johnhugh said:

Elissa might be a private person but Joe loves telling  his followers on the Twitter how great that magnum thing he is into - which I can never work out what it is...

Good lord I thought we were talking about condoms. I got excited that Maxhell was finally getting interesting! 

On 9/7/2018 at 10:15 PM, Lisafer said:

Reveal hidden contents

And you just know that Sean Connery, being a true Scotsman, is wearing nothing under his kilt!  Mind you, his sporran is positively meager compared to Mr. Brigid Boyer's yeti pelt.

On 9/8/2018 at 11:26 AM, HereticHick said:

That would be correct. :)

On 9/8/2018 at 11:26 AM, HereticHick said:

WHAT?? I missed a Staddon getting engaged?? Holy, holy, holy, I'm slipping!

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived