IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 5; Pregnant, but Still Waiting to Read about the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

2 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

If it's a first pregnancy they will strongly advise you to go through the birth centre. 

That was definitely not one of the restrictions here.  I’ve only had one baby.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see them going totally trendy (no gratuitous ys), but they're not going to go super old-fashioned. We know that a LOT of traditional names are probably off the table because of the Maxwells' weird (to borrow the term from TVTropes) One Steve Limit:

Boys: John, Jesse, Nathan, Christopher, Joseph, Joshua, Andrew, Steven (as a first name), Benjamin, Daniel, Kyle

Girls: Ruthanne (maybe Ruth or Anne would be OK), Anna, Sarah, Mary, Teri/spelling variations thereof, Elizabeth, Calia, Elissa/spelling variations thereof, Jessica because it sounds too much like Jesse, Chelsy/spelling variations thereof, Abigail, Bethany, Christina, Melanie

I'm going to guess that because Chelsy has some JVE (Jeremy Vuolo Energy - basically, you're fundie but you're more worldly than your spouse and you think that your farts sound like a Mozart concerto), for a girl they'll go for attributes (Grace, Joy, etc.), a very classic royal-ish sounding name (Alice, Charlotte), or something in a foreign language so Chelsy can write a blog post about its oh-so-special-and-unique meaning (something in Irish or Greek, probably). For boys, they'll go with slightly uncommon Biblical (Isaiah, Josiah, Jedidiah) or foreign language. 

1 hour ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I'm going to guess that because Chelsy has some JVE (Jeremy Vuolo Energy - basically, you're fundie but you're more worldly than your spouse and you think that your farts sound like a Mozart concerto)

Dear Rufus!! I think I just had coffee running out of my nose since I was laughing so so hard!

Back to topic: I can see Chelsy wanting to honor her parents and siblings and give middle names after them. But since I don't think John really feels like naming his offspring after one of his family members they maybe not end up doing that in general. It would just show too obviously which side of the family they prefer.

3 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Girls: Ruthanne (maybe Ruth or Anne would be OK), Anna, Sarah, Mary, Teri/spelling variations thereof, Elizabeth, Calia, Elissa/spelling variations thereof, Jessica because it sounds too much like Jesse, Chelsy/spelling variations thereof, Abigail, Bethany, Christina, Melanie

There's also Lydia. And Susannah, but maybe that's different.

She's such a Pride and Prejudice fan, would she choose some names from that book?

I guess a couple of the female names are already off the table, Elizabeth and Lydia.  Jane maybe? 

Darcy for a boy?  (Do we know Mr. Darcy's first name?)

11 minutes ago, kpmom said:

She's such a Pride and Prejudice fan, would she choose some names from that book?

I guess a couple of the female names are already off the table, Elizabeth and Lydia.  Jane maybe? 

Darcy for a boy?  (Do we know Mr. Darcy's first name?)

Fitzwilliam, lol. But I could see her using other names used in Jane Austen books. Like Edward, Henry, or William. 

I hope that doesn't use any names of Austen's good men.  I'll give her George Wickham and William Elliot though.  

Denver’s middle name is Elliot so I don’t think she will go with that. Here are the names that she probably won’t use because they are her siblings’ names:

MITCHELL  JOE

ALLISON  NICOLE

CARSON  WAYNE

JOSHUA  MAXWELL

DENVER  ELLIOT

LINCOLN  TAYLOR

ELIZABETH  CARESSE

HUDSON  REED

REBECCA  SHANIA

Plus all the Maxwell names. Her list is growing shorter and shorter. 

The Bontragers have posted on their IG about having a meal at Carson's house. Looks like hamburgers, complete with coleslaw, fresh veges, pickles, what I assume is a cheese slice, and something in a crockpot. Compare that to the Maxwell's f*n food...

18 minutes ago, terranova said:

The Bontragers have posted on their IG about having a meal at Carson's house. Looks like hamburgers, complete with coleslaw, fresh veges, pickles, what I assume is a cheese slice, and something in a crockpot. Compare that to the Maxwell's f*n food...

The Bontragers eat WAY better than the Maxwell’s. Their food often looks very tasty and there’s usually enough for everyone. 

I hope Chelsy feels well enough to travel back to her family's farm for Thanksgiving.  When she gets a load of the Maxwell "feast" she's going to wish she had.

I'm still smh over that one lone 9x13  seven layer salad for 25 people.  And I'm still laughing over Teri's remark that they don't need more than one salad just yet, but if their family grows much more they just might!!  Maybe Chelsy pushed 'em over the edge and they'll have two this year!

On 8/30/2018 at 10:23 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Bontragers eat WAY better than the Maxwell’s. Their food often looks very tasty and there’s usually enough for everyone. 

They don't only seem to eat better than the Maxwell's (which isn't that hard to begin with) but better than most of the fundies we snark on. I've found myself more than one time drooling over their food pictures. 

Maxwell Maxwell would be a hoot but that's not likely to happen. 

My guess is that they are not choosing a family name as the kid's first name but that their pick is reasonably "normal" and in keeping with what is common in mainstream society and the second name is a biblical name or a family name from either family. If one name is doubled in both families I think they are more likely to pick that one to not offend Steve but still they can mentally say to themselves that it is really after the other Bontrager relative. I do have the scary thought that they may call their kid if it is a son Steven so that Steve cannot say they are not honoring him but it is really just something they did so that he would feel safe that they are on his side. I hope I am wroing about the last part though although Steven is a perfectly normal name in itself.

Ooh Maxwell Steven Maxwell just might hit the spot. Stevhovah would surely be pleased. 

15 minutes ago, ophelia said:

I hope they don't pull a stunt like Martha Morton Alexander who named her little girl Alexandria Alexander

Maxine Maxwell

Maximus Maxwell

Max Maxwell

Allison blogged about a recent visit with Chels and John. The three of them have genuine looking smiles and seem to be having a good time together. Not to mention more food for the three of them than they seem to have over at the mother ship for the "immediate family" at any given meal.

I really do think John fits in better with her family than his own.

ETA- I wonder if Chelsy is going crazy with the kitchen still being unfinished. Poor John may find himself scrambling to get it done once she hits the nesting phase really hard.

2 hours ago, Dru said:

Allison blogged about a recent visit with Chels and John. The three of them have genuine looking smiles and seem to be having a good time together. Not to mention more food for the three of them than they seem to have over at the mother ship for the "immediate family" at any given meal.

I really do think John fits in better with her family than his own.

ETA- I wonder if Chelsy is going crazy with the kitchen still being unfinished. Poor John may find himself scrambling to get it done once she hits the nesting phase really hard.

I said it way back when they got married. The odds were good that they would be “expecting” soon enough so I said they should really finish up the kitchen ASAP. I say it from experience. I remember doing a ton of home projects with my husband before I got pregnant the first time. It was so much easier to get that stuff done before kids. And even before pregnancy! I was so sick and tired that I got nothing done at home for 9 months. Then I had a newborn so I had no time then either. 

I am finally getting back to home projects and my kids are almost 6 and 3! It’s been years of neglecting my house which was looking uglier by the minute ? Chelsy probably will be pregnant or Will have a new baby for the next 15 years. Therefore they should try to get it done now. 

I understand they want to enjoy the honeymoon phase and all. But they chose to let “god decide” their family size so they need to get some shit done. 

On 9/4/2018 at 6:21 PM, Ozlsn said:

Maxamillian Maximus Steven Maxwell

Known as Bob.

I wish they would name it Bontrager Maxwell. Boy or girl!

Is there discussion about the fact that the Maxwell's are posting long, long boring (what's new?) posts and totally ignoring the pregnancy? I'm sure I must have missed it somehow. Can anyone point me toward a juicy thread here?

We haven’t talked about it a lot on the main Maxwell thread. Although it has been talked about. I’m sure it wasn’t scheduled to be revealed until a later date so they had to hold off. And if you don’t follow the schedule, a Maxwell might get creative. And we can’t have that in Maxhell.

Thanks JermajestyDuggar. Their super long posts - four on their long hikes alone - seems really passive aggressive. Chelsy posted about the pregnancy 17 days ago. Also Sarah said she had plans to publish ANOTHER hike post and then changed then decided to do a second post on facepainting. You'd think if she was going to change a post date she would change it to a pregger announcement.

I just posted this elsewhere, but realized this is probably the right place. Sorry if that is against blog etiquette.

Doesn't it seem like Steve is having a fued with John and Chelsey by not allowing a post about their pregnancy on the Titus2 blog? It's been 17 days since Chelsey posted about the pregnancy on her blog and there have been quite a few really, really long boring posts about hiking and face painting. Sarah even changed her usual blogging schedule which makes it really suspicious that she would change her schedule for another face painting post and not a pregnancy post.

Thoughts? I find it fascinating.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived