IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 5; Pregnant, but Still Waiting to Read about the Honeymoon

Coconut Flan

On 8/22/2018 at 12:38 PM, SPHASH said:

Rufus I hope not.  They probably have no idea how a baby is made.

Or puppies, for that matter.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it interesting that none of the Maxwell couples have named one of their sons Steven.

Benjamin's middle name is Steven, as is John's. It might crop up as a middle name again, but I don't see any of them using it as a first name while Steve is alive. They can't seem to handle have people with the same first name in the family (see NR Anna/Anna Marie). 

28 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Benjamin's middle name is Steven, as is John's. It might crop up as a middle name again, but I don't see any of them using it as a first name while Steve is alive. They can't seem to handle have people with the same first name in the family (see NR Anna/Anna Marie). 

I agree. If Johnsy have a lot of kids (particularly boys), there will be one with a middle name of Steven. Especially Since it’s his middle name too. 

On 8/21/2018 at 5:26 PM, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Wilberforce Marlin Maxwell?

Sproul John Maxwell?

Victoria Providence Maxwell?

Charlotte Faithful Maxwell?

Or, in the "now for something completely different" category

Barrack Maxwell lol

Duggar Bates Maxwell

Where did she post the link to her dress? Was it in her IG stories? I somehow missed it!

Nevermind. Found it. I'm in desperate need for the weekend!

10 hours ago, anjulibai said:

ITA

And they even re-named NR Anna's little sister for the very few times she appeared on the blog!  I think her name is Sara (or Sarah) and they re-named her Gracie for the blog (middle name, I believe).

32 minutes ago, kpmom said:

ITA

And they even re-named NR Anna's little sister for the very few times she appeared on the blog!  I think her name is Sara (or Sarah) and they re-named her Gracie for the blog (middle name, I believe).

Yup. It's so bizarre how they get into a tizzy about those things. Joshua Maxwell Bontrager must deeply disturb them. 

25 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Yup. It's so bizarre how they get into a tizzy about those things. Joshua Maxwell Bontrager must deeply disturb them. 

Right? At John’s wedding they were probably like, 

“Joshua, what is your middle name? We don’t want to get you mixed up with Joshua Maxwell.”

”My middle name is Maxwell.”

*Steve’s head explodes all over the freshly cleaned ceiling fans*

On 8/21/2018 at 7:28 AM, nelliebelle1197 said:

JD, I just keep cracking myself up with all the scenarios through which the sex is discussed in Maxhell. Honestly, I have not come up with one in which the Maxlings actually learn how to do anything practical other than praising the Lord during and thanking him for his gifts at the end.

But but but - from a very early age they know all about vasectomies and reversals!  

9 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

But but but - from a very early age they know all about vasectomies and reversals!  

In theory, the kiddos know.  Show them a drawing of the organs involved and I guarantee there will be passed-out bodies on the floor.  Unless, of course, said drawings are mistaken for spurting sausages.

This dress is also much more flattering in real life than it is on the Amazon model. Just FYI. ?

How nice of Judgy Chelsy to let us know the dress looks better on her than on that poor Amazon model. 

5 hours ago, usmcmom said:

How nice of Judgy Chelsy to let us know the dress looks better on her than on that poor Amazon model. 

I actually agree with her, the photos on Amazon don't present the dress well. I would never have given it a second look based on them.

7 hours ago, Dru said:

I actually agree with her, the photos on Amazon don't present the dress well. I would never have given it a second look based on them.

I actually agree too. I think Chelsy could have stated it more diplomatically. 

"The Amazon photos don't do it justice."

"It appears, in the photos, to have a very loose neckline but it actually does not. The neckline fits smoothly against the skin."

It just rubbed me the wrong way when she brought up the model, who likely had no choice in what she wore or how she was photgraphed in it. Maybe I'm nitpicking because it took me back to her blog post in which she described the young man as a "bum" after he had arrived to help them. 

On 8/24/2018 at 5:49 PM, usmcmom said:

Respectfully, it's been very rarely that we've been able to accuse a Fundie of being diplomatic or using tact.

9 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Respectfully, it's been very rarely that we've been able to accuse a Fundie of being diplomatic or using tact.

Well, that's true. Sometimes I forget we're not dealing with normal humans here. 

The eldest son in each branch of the extended family has a different middle-name pattern. They either have their father’s middle name (Andrew James, Nathan James), their father’s first name (Joshua Christopher) or a totally random middle name (Kyle Jeremiah). There doesn’t appear to be that sort of naming tradition for the girls. Who knows what will happen with this branch. I could maybe see John and Chelsy going slightly unusual, but not too weird. I don’t see them going sooper-Biblical like Chris and NR-Anna; they may go for a non-Biblical first name and Biblical middle name. 

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

The eldest son in each branch of the extended family has a different middle-name pattern. They either have their father’s middle name (Andrew James, Nathan James), their father’s first name (Joshua Christopher) or a totally random middle name (Kyle Jeremiah). There doesn’t appear to be that sort of naming tradition for the girls. Who knows what will happen with this branch. I could maybe see John and Chelsy going slightly unusual, but not too weird. I don’t see them going sooper-Biblical like Chris and NR-Anna; they may go for a non-Biblical first name and Biblical middle name. 

I agree. Chelsy and Allison don’t have biblical names. I’m sure she thinks it’s fine that she and her sister/BFF have “worldly” names. I can imagine they won’t go completely biblical with a girl name. Plus Chris and Nathan have taken a lot of the typical fundie girl names. Chelsy also has an extremely large extended Mennonite family. Who are known to use biblical names as well. So she might know tons of Ruth’s, Leah’s, Hannah’s and Rachel’s already. She might use a biblical name but it will be an uncommon one. Or one that is a female version of a male biblical name. 

On 8/24/2018 at 12:31 AM, Audrey2 said:

Michael Pence Cruz Maxwell

FTFY. :)

18 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I don't think Chris and Anna are using "sooper-Biblical" names - in my experience Joshua and Daniel and Elizabeth etc. are pretty normal. Actually, I would have pegged them for more of the "Ezekiel, Obadiah, Beulah" type, you know, unusual and old-fashioned Biblical names.

Actually yeah fair enough, Nathan and Melanie used Biblical/virtue names too. It’s just Calia and Kyle who’ve ended up with the slightly more unusual names, although their middle names are Biblical. 

It’ll be interesting to see what happens. 

4 hours ago, meee said:

I don't think Chris and Anna are using "sooper-Biblical" names - in my experience Joshua and Daniel and Elizabeth etc. are pretty normal. Actually, I would have pegged them for more of the "Ezekiel, Obadiah, Beulah" type, you know, unusual and old-fashioned Biblical names.

They wrote a post on how they decide baby names and one of the criteria is that it has to be biblical. 

I doubt John and Chelsy will stick to that criteria when naming a child. Although I’m sure there will be biblical names in there. 

On 8/21/2018 at 8:40 AM, petrushka said:

She may say she wants a homebirth, but I sure hope she has competent, qualified help and a good back up plan

Competent, qualified help includes a good back up plan.

I tried to have a home birth with my daughter a little over 30 years ago.  I used a nurse midwifery service that was associated with a very highly regarded OB practice, and the midwives all had hospital privileges.  I had a choice of having them handle the birth at home (with restrictions), at their birth center, or at the hospital.  They would only do a birth at home if the house was close enough to the hospital that they could transport the mother, or baby, within 15 minutes in a non emergency vehicle, if the mother was under 32 (I think that was the age limit), if the pregnancy had been uncomplicated.  There were probably some other restrictions, too, but it’s been a long time... They had medical backup from the physicians in the OB practice, and all of their patients had to fill out the hospital admissions paperwork in advance, in case it became necessary to go there.  They ran all the same tests that were standard at that point in time, and sent patients to one of the OBs if the tests indicated any problems.

I did end up having complications and being transported to the hospital, and did end up needing one of the OBs to help me, but the care I received from these midwives was entirely competent, and of very high quality.

Homebirths can be handled safely and responsibly, and with qualified practitioners.  

16 hours ago, Themanda Duggar said:

There were probably some other restrictions, too, but it’s been a long time...

Where I am homebirths like that have a restriction of "previous uncomplicated pregnancy". If it's a first pregnancy they will strongly advise you to go through the birth centre. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived