IGNORED

DIVORCED! Mike Pearl's daughter, Shoshanna Pearl Easling, gets legally married

hoipolloi

36 minutes ago, Mrs. Bean said:

Oh dear God what did I just read!? My head nearly exploded. Pearl is narcissistic, selfish psychopath. “Husbands love your wives as your own flesh” my arse!

Rant over. 

Debi should have filed for divorce the minute they got back from the honeymoon.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 2

18 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

probably those amber beads that are reported to ease teething pain. Ya, it sounds like witchcraft to me, too, but the fundies are all over that one.

Fundies are all over any kind of woo. If I didn’t have a conscious, I would come up with some bullshit product and market it to fundies as some sort of natural cure for infertility/depression/pain.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • Love 2

On 7/18/2018 at 5:23 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Fundies are all over any kind of woo. If I didn’t have a conscious, I would come up with some bullshit product and market it to fundies as some sort of natural cure for infertility/depression/pain.

Woo seems to appeal equally to much of the extreme Far Right and extreme Far Left. It's the only thing they have in common. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

On 7/18/2018 at 5:23 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

That's what plexus is for dontcha know. :D

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

6 minutes ago, EowynW said:

That's what plexus is for dontcha know. :D

It seems to be. Plexus should have given it a more biblical name. Then they would make even more money.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

Woo seems to appeal equally to much of the extreme Far Right and extreme Far Left. It's the only thing they have in common. 

I've said this before too. So weird isn't it? 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Anonymousguest said:

I've said this before too. So weird isn't it? 

It frustrates me on the Left. When someone is bitching in one breath about fundies and other right-wingers disregarding the science of climate change then telling me about how "conventional medicine" is an evil conspiracy in the next breath, I have no idea what to say. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Well that and a tendency towards different forms of totalitarianism. (Been reading too much history from the 1933-1953 period.)

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

• 3 years later...

Still no sign of Shoshanna's husband in her FB feed. 

She and her oldest son were very excited about seeing Candace Owen in Nashville and the son got dressed up in a suit because he was going to be in the audience behind Candace.  They also went to Nashville to see Ben Shapiro.  Gack to both. 

Michael & Debi Pearl are showing up to be grandparents two or three times a week. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Howl said:

Still no sign of Shoshanna's husband in her FB feed. 

She and her oldest son were very excited about seeing Candace Owen in Nashville and the son got dressed up in a suit because he was going to be in the audience behind Candace.  They also went to Nashville to see Ben Shapiro.  Gack to both. 

Michael & Debi Pearl are showing up to be grandparents two or three times a week. 

Oh it’s extremely likely they are separated and probably divorcing. She looks completely on her own and her dad has been around a lot. I think he’s probably trying to help out now that there is no man around her house. I guess he’s now her headship again. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

I admit I don't know a ton about the Pearls beyond their disgusting books. Why was Shoshanna with a man without being married? I thought Mike Pearl was a big advocate for legal marriages. 

28 minutes ago, WannabeHistorian said:

I admit I don't know a ton about the Pearls beyond their disgusting books. Why was Shoshanna with a man without being married? I thought Mike Pearl was a big advocate for legal marriages. 

No, Michael Pearl is against legal marriages. Shoshanna got married by religion only at first. Then a few years ago, they got legally married for some reason. So now she will have to get legally divorced. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, WannabeHistorian said:

Why was Shoshanna with a man without being married?

Because her asshat father forbade his daughters to get TN marriage licenses. 

1230777349_PearlDaughtersWeddings.thumb.png.82c382a92b326ae062b302ff30b2282c.png

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh it’s extremely likely they are separated and probably divorcing

Agreed. James hasn't appeared on Shoshanna's social media in months, and she appears to have deleted most photos of or with him. 

So that makes at least 2 of the 5 Pearl kids who have divorced -- Gabe & Shoshanna. 

Edited by hoipolloi
Clarity
  • Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 2

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

No, Michael Pearl is against legal marriages. Shoshanna got married by religion only at first. Then a few years ago, they got legally married for some reason. So now she will have to get legally divorced. 

If I remember correctly the "some reason" was related to finances or taxes or something. They admitted to their tax accountant or attorney or someone like that they technically weren't for real married. That was met by horrified shock, as the accountants no doubt were rapid-fire imagining the years of fraudulent filings that they had unwittingly been involved in because they thought they were married, as they had said. It was strongly recommended that they get legally married quick-like, for legal reasons. (After same-sex marriage was legal in most places, I believe. To her disgusting father's disgust.)

So now they'll have to get legally for real divorced. So much for "until death". 

(Also, that was, according to Shoshanna, their THIRD wedding. They apparently went out in the woods all alone and said their own vows to each other a few weeks before their actual wedding ceremony. Likely so they could have some hanky panky without the guilt weighing on them too much, IMO.)

• Upvote 18

40 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

It was strongly recommended that they get legally married quick-like, for legal reasons.

Yes, and her asshat father conducted that third wedding ceremony, so I guess that Mike Pearl can be "in league with those perverts" when it suits him. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

So the first ceremony was the happy couple going out alone in the woods and having their own 'wedding'?  (I always wondered if that was a made up story because the bride was pregnant, or thought she might be, and wanted to avoid accusations of nasty premarital sex.)

Was the second wedding where the bride was mounted on a horse and led to the ceremony by her father, who then performed the ceremony?  It could be another fundy couple.

Is Michael Pearl legally allowed to perform legal marriages?  Otherwise, I'd think that a couple who had lived for years presenting themselves as legally married, when they found that their second wedding wasn't legal, would just run to the nearest justice of the peace and get it taken care of.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Flossie said:

So the first ceremony was the happy couple going out alone in the woods and having their own 'wedding'?

Basically that's what she said. I actually wondered if her father had been having a go at her about the legal wedding and so she found a way to tell him she'd been having sex before the horse-involving second wedding.

On 9/28/2021 at 3:37 AM, Alisamer said:

They admitted to their tax accountant or attorney or someone like that they technically weren't for real married.

Their accountants, who presumably had been claiming all the relevant deductions and who now are quite possibly asking for proof of marriage with all clients before claiming anything.

• Upvote 7

On 9/27/2021 at 8:19 PM, hoipolloi said:

Yes, and her asshat father conducted that third wedding ceremony, so I guess that Mike Pearl can be "in league with those perverts" when it suits him. 

Mike Pearl is all “do as I say and not as I do” and I’m not surprised. 

• Upvote 6

I wonder if plexus had anything to do with it. Shoshanna makes a lot of money off of plexus and maybe that’s partly why they got legally married. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Flossie said:

Was the second wedding where the bride was mounted on a horse and led to the ceremony by her father, who then performed the ceremony?  It could be another fundy couple.

Is Michael Pearl legally allowed to perform legal marriages?  Otherwise, I'd think that a couple who had lived for years presenting themselves as legally married, when they found that their second wedding wasn't legal, would just run to the nearest justice of the peace and get it taken care of.

Yes, that was them. And THEY didn't find out their second wedding wasn't legal, they knew that all along. Her dad made a huge deal out of it, and anyone who googled her or them would have known. It's just their accountants freaked out when they found out that Shoshanna and her husband weren't legally married, because they'd been conducting all their financial business as if they were. For years. 

I'm also not sure why they didn't just run to a courthouse or something and take care of it. It sounded like the third wedding was a lower key thing though. Shoshanna posted about it like "what a funny story!" while I'm sure their accountants were probably going back over things like "shitshitshit what kind of trouble might come from this?!?"

Lying is a sin, y'all. Unless you're lying about being married, to your accountants. Then it's just a funny story.

(Also this whole story illustrates why same-sex marriage is such an important issue. Being able to be legally married has important legal and financial benefits! Thanks Michael Pearl for giving us such a great example of why gay people should be allowed to legally marry!)

• Upvote 18

6 hours ago, Flossie said:

So the first ceremony was the happy couple going out alone in the woods and having their own 'wedding'?  

That reminds me of the scene in the Rankin-Bass classic cartoon “Santa Claus Is Coming To Town” where Kris Kringle and Jessica walk into the woods and say their vows with the animals present because “no town would have them”(as Kris was still considered an outlaw).

Edited by smittykins
Santa “Claude”? WTF autocorrect?
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 4

• 4 weeks later...

I've started to check in on Shoshanna's fb page now every week or so, and noticed something funny.  She puts up long-ish posts, including a recent one about Eve.  She was actually posting something written by  Debi Pearl (edited by Michael P,  of course, because he has to have his dick in everything).

I noticed that at the bottom of many of these posts,  including the one written by her mother, she has a picture of herself posing in a very MILF-ish way that has zero to do with the content of her post.  

Spoiler

1502771547_Screenshot2021-10-2610_10_52AM.png.5d8f647bcd38df56dd3137de0b622397.png

54323768_Screenshot2021-10-2610_10_09AM.png.4b68dcad70c8ddff863f154724a6419f.png

On 9/29/2021 at 6:20 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I wonder if plexus had anything to do with it. Shoshanna makes a lot of money off of plexus and maybe that’s partly why they got legally married. 

Her recent posts don't reference Plexus.

Her fb page now says Worked at Plexus Worldwide and  Worked at Plexus Worldwide, Inc.  I have to wonder if Plexus required her to indicate that she is disaffiliated.  Is Plexus a fundy company that would require a woman to not represent the company if she is divorced?  She was pulling in epic amounts of money and I can't imagine she would stop that income stream on her own. 

James still works there. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, Howl said:

I've started to check in on Shoshanna's fb page now every week or so, and noticed something funny.  She puts up long-ish posts, including a recent one about Eve.  She was actually posting something written by  Debi Pearl (edited by Michael P,  of course, because he has to have his dick in everything).

I noticed that at the bottom of many of these posts,  including the one written by her mother, she has a picture of herself posing in a very MILF-ish way that has zero to do with the content of her post.  

Reveal hidden contents

1502771547_Screenshot2021-10-2610_10_52AM.png.5d8f647bcd38df56dd3137de0b622397.png

54323768_Screenshot2021-10-2610_10_09AM.png.4b68dcad70c8ddff863f154724a6419f.png

Her fb page now says Worked at Plexus Worldwide and  Worked at Plexus Worldwide, Inc.  I have to wonder if Plexus required her to indicate that she is disaffiliated.  Is Plexus a fundy company that would require a woman to not represent the company if she is divorced?  She was pulling in epic amounts of money and I can't imagine she would stop that income stream on her own. 

James still works there. 

No, Plexus definitely doesn’t care if someone selling it is divorced. 

• Upvote 4

53 minutes ago, Howl said:

Reveal hidden contents

James still works there. 

From the MLM crashes that I've watched, the fall from the top can be dizzyingly quick. The reason you make a ton ton ton of money is that you keep finding people to make up that bottom layer...but the bottom layer is unsustainable because the people at that layer have to spend more than they make, and by the time you're at the top and are desperate for new marks, the people ar the bottom layer are increasingly unable to afford it. Once the bottom layer starts to turn, the next layer up loses out, and the whole thing collapses, because you can't convince new blood to do it if it doesn't look like everybody's raking in cash.

I've only seen it a couple of times with people I follow closely, but it's a change from tens of thousands of dollars a month to nothing in a matter of months.

• Upvote 8

• nelliebelle1197 changed the title to DIVORCED! Mike Pearl's daughter, Shoshanna Pearl Easling, gets legally married
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic