IGNORED

DIVORCED! Mike Pearl's daughter, Shoshanna Pearl Easling, gets legally married

hoipolloi

4 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Looks like the baby has something around his neck.  Hopefully something normal.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a tie. A baby in a diaper and a tie taking a dump in the aisle seems appropriate for the occasion. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 18
  • Love 2

20 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Just all and all, a very classy event. I admit I question the #playbouse when it’s your third wedding and you have however many kids. That just sounds like *actually* having a house, but maybe that’s just me?

3BF81801-E758-494E-9042-A2F7A2F336E1.png

Snark aside- I keep coming back to look at this picture. The girl behind Shoshanna looks miserable/lost/desperately sad. It's almost haunting. And the girl beside her, who is mainly cropped, looks really quite unhappy as well. Why would they use this picture? The only people who look happy in it are the 'bride' and 'groom' and even he isn't overjoyed.

Lord I really want to give that girl a big hug and a bowl of ice cream with sprinkles.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 9

Maybe they promised Michael Pearl there would only be photos from the waist up. Like news anchors that wear shorts because they’re only filmed from behind a desk.

But he IS wearing his good “going out” socks and sandals, so my theory is blown to hell.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

8 hours ago, Dandruff said:

It's an amber teething necklace. Its  hokey essential (snake) oil type science, but I see them on enough kids these days to call it "normal". 

• Upvote 6

Her latest Instagram is...I don't even know. The day after the wedding she's to go to CA to speak at a plexus conference. The baby eats some bad watermelon he found left over from the watermelon eating contest. He apparently doesn't yet eat many solids (?) But she was planning to leave him home when she goes to the conference. He vomits on the way to the airport and she's worried without nursing he'll get dehydrated. So she takes him with her. With no clothes and a couple of diapers. Photos show him on stage with her, dressed just like he is for the wedding. 

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 21
  • Love 1

It's an amber teething necklace. Its  hokey essential (snake) oil type science, but I see them on enough kids these days to call it "normal". 

I realize it is hokey but I have had great success using amber for migraines and for teething babies. But then, I also recognize that 60-80% of the time the placebo effect works. I always figured at the very least the amber was a pretty necklace. I don’t get why she appears to have 4 of them on that baby though.

I also got a daith piercing in desperation because my migraines were getting so bad again that my prescription meds were hurting my liver again and that has helped even more so. So I am not afraid of trying hokey if it does no harm. Necklaces on babies make me nervous. I never used amber with mine until they were toddkerz

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, chaotic life said:

I realize it is hokey but I have had great success using amber for migraines and for teething babies. But then, I also recognize that 60-80% of the time the placebo effect works. I always figured at the very least the amber was a pretty necklace. I don’t get why she appears to have 4 of them on that baby though.

I also got a daith piercing in desperation because my migraines were getting so bad again that my prescription meds were hurting my liver again and that has helped even more so. So I am not afraid of trying hokey if it does no harm. Necklaces on babies make me nervous. I never used amber with mine until they were toddkerz

I have to admit to taking homeopathics like zicam or umka when I have a cold, and both seem to work. Like you I don't have a problem using the hokey stuff if it isn't going to cause harm. I've even occasionally used an oil when a pushy friend of mine insists (never had any kind of positive result from that though). I'm all for placebos if they work. Who cares why! 

I'm also not comfortable putting a necklace on a baby, or even a toddler. But I see them on most babies these days it seems, so maybe they are safe enough. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

On 7/14/2018 at 9:55 PM, EmainMacha said:

Michael Pearl  is the double for a small town Northern Irish drunk in the summer in that picture. Except the average village drunk is vastly less awful of course.

You know that episode of Fr. Ted where Ted is throwing rocks in the sea and accidentally hits the angry old fisherman? Michael looks like the angry old fisherman! 

Spoiler

fr ted.JPG

• Haha 6
  • Love 3

I have to admit to taking homeopathics like zicam or umka when I have a cold, and both seem to work. Like you I don't have a problem using the hokey stuff if it isn't going to cause harm.

The one thing I have seen in recent years that did in fact cause harm was those Hyland teething tablets. They were homeopathic and before I ever tried them I actually called poison control because their ingredients list had Belladonna in it. I would told it would take about 30 bottles for a baby to get a measurable dose of the belladonna.

Except a few years ago they recalled those things. Said it was about quality control. I went digging. Seems the belladonna in one bottle was potent enough that several babies died. I have been very Leary of homeopathics since then.
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 6
  • Love 1

On 7/13/2018 at 5:14 PM, Lisafer said:

@Palimpsest your recap was lovely. You only forgot the lap dance after the barbecue.

And here's this quote from old Mike: "At that point, all I could think about was, “Don’t fall off the horse! What could be worse than a slipped disk on your wedding night?”

What could be worse? Being Debi Pearl and spending your honeymoon being forced to have sex multiple times at your new husband's demand, being forced out of bed in the middle of the night to walk on sharp beach shells barefoot, and being denied sleep until you pass out and hit your head in the bathroom. Yeah. 

Wait, what? Did this really happen? WTF? 

• Love 1

8 hours ago, chaotic life said:

The one thing I have seen in recent years that did in fact cause harm was those Hyland teething tablets. They were homeopathic and before I ever tried them I actually called poison control because their ingredients list had Belladonna in it. I would told it would take about 30 bottles for a baby to get a measurable dose of the belladonna.

Except a few years ago they recalled those things. Said it was about quality control. I went digging. Seems the belladonna in one bottle was potent enough that several babies died. I have been very Leary of homeopathics since then.

Is this homeopathic, though? I recall that there was some semantic issue on another thread. I think perhaps you mean "natural remedy"? Homeopathy is a very specific kind of non-medical (and sketchy) treatment based on watering things down:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeopathy

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Petronella said:

Is this homeopathic, though? I recall that there was some semantic issue on another thread. I think perhaps you mean "natural remedy"? Homeopathy is a very specific kind of non-medical (and sketchy) treatment based on watering things down:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeopathy

Yes, the hylands teething pills are/were homeopathic. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 7/11/2018 at 5:04 PM, smittykins said:

I think she said that by the time he got out of prison, the children should be grown and gone(although the wife and children should visit him faithfully while he's incarcerated).

Nothing is as motherly and godly like minimizing your child's molestation! *PUKE*

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 5

Yes, the hylands teething pills are/were homeopathic. 

Or were SUPPOSED to be homeopathic. They were not but had a measurable amount of belladonna in them, thus the recall and infant deaths.
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, chaotic life said:

Or were SUPPOSED to be homeopathic. They were not but had a measurable amount of belladonna in them, thus the recall and infant deaths.

Yes. There should have been no measurable Belladonna at all. The fact that there was broke my trust in Hylands. How can I be sure the same thing hasn't happened with their other products?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 7/15/2018 at 6:15 PM, Anonymousguest said:

Her latest Instagram is...I don't even know. The day after the wedding she's to go to CA to speak at a plexus conference. The baby eats some bad watermelon he found left over from the watermelon eating contest. He apparently doesn't yet eat many solids (?) But she was planning to leave him home when she goes to the conference. He vomits on the way to the airport and she's worried without nursing he'll get dehydrated. So she takes him with her. With no clothes and a couple of diapers. Photos show him on stage with her, dressed just like he is for the wedding. 

So she traveled by plane with a naked baby? planes can be really cold. They are crazy.

• I Agree 13

7 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

So she traveled by plane with a naked baby? planes can be really cold. They are crazy.

I hope a bunch of little old ladies lectured her the whole time. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10

7 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

And who with a baby that age leaves home without a change of clothes at least stashed in the car somewhere, if not on you in a diaper bag?

When I worked daycare I kept a full change of clothes for ME in the car. Along with a swimsuit, towels, and roller skates, because who knew when you'd be tagged to help with taking the afterschoolers on a field trip.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, Alisamer said:

And who with a baby that age leaves home without a change of clothes at least stashed in the car somewhere, if not on you in a diaper bag?

When I worked daycare I kept a full change of clothes for ME in the car. Along with a swimsuit, towels, and roller skates, because who knew when you'd be tagged to help with taking the afterschoolers on a field trip.

Given the pictures of the naked baby during the wedding I assume the baby was already naked in the car on the way to the airport. But maybe I'm wrong. Personally I would have purchased at least one over priced t -shirt at the airport for him to wear on the plane. And then gone to Target at the destination to buy a couple outfits. But obviously these people feel differently about clothes children than me. 

Actually I would not have decided last minute to take a possibly sick child with me on a 5hr plane trip to another state where I was going to be teaching. I would have either cancelled or allowed dad to take care of the baby as planned. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

On 7/16/2018 at 3:37 AM, Mrs. Bean said:

Wait, what? Did this really happen? WTF? 

Oh, yes. Michael Pearl described his honeymoon with Debi in horrifying and graphic detail. I'll see if I can find a link. Edit to add:http://www.patheos.com/blogs/nolongerquivering/2014/07/quoting-quiverfull-michael-and-debi-pearls-honeymoon/

Edited by Lisafer
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 4

On 7/15/2018 at 3:50 AM, CherylV said:

I divorced an physically abusive man. I had a good lawyer (paid for by my parents who said they won’t help me support my children but they will pay for a lawyer so their father would have to pay child support). 

The lawyer advised me NOT to seek divorce based on abuse to myself or the children. Just to claim based on separation for over a year/irreconcilable differences. 

Lawyer said guys fight back in court when accused of abuse and even though I had witnesses willing to testify don’t go there. We went for sole custody of the children, joint guardianship (men fight when people take their rights to kids away) but I got final say in all matters regarding the children and sole custody with him getting “”reasonable access as determined by the custodial parent”. He also got all the debt since lawyer successful argued I wouldn’t be able to work more to earn extra $ to pay it off with 5 young children. 

I’m glad I listened, but man I wanted the abuse documented in court! They can’t take his access to kids away for abuse to me - would have to be documented abuse of the kids. We had some documentation but not enough. 

He travelled for work and still sees kids sometimes but it’s not regular. But maddeningly - claiming abuse makes you more likely to lose your kids

That makes sense, as to why fathers get custody more in cases like that.  I had never thought about it that way.  But it's understandable that the father would fight an accusation.  Please realize I am not questioning you, I believe you.  I'm just saying that it is logical that he would fight back in a case like that.

On 7/15/2018 at 11:15 AM, Anonymousguest said:

It's been years since I flew with a baby or toddler.  But can you just include a baby that you didn't inform the airline about when you made the reservation for the ticket?

Also - since this is their 3rd wedding, why didn't they just go to the JP or the courthouse?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

@Lisafer Thanks for reposting that. I hadn’t revisited it in awhile. Shudder. We need some more required reading lists associated with families that tag blogs.

• Upvote 3

On 7/15/2018 at 12:25 AM, Dandruff said:

probably those amber beads that are reported to ease teething pain. Ya, it sounds like witchcraft to me, too, but the fundies are all over that one.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Lisafer said:

Oh, yes. Michael Pearl described his honeymoon with Debi in horrifying and graphic detail. I'll see if I can find a link. Edit to add:http://www.patheos.com/blogs/nolongerquivering/2014/07/quoting-quiverfull-michael-and-debi-pearls-honeymoon/

Oh dear God what did I just read!? My head nearly exploded. Pearl is narcissistic, selfish psychopath. “Husbands love your wives as your own flesh” my arse!

Rant over. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 changed the title to DIVORCED! Mike Pearl's daughter, Shoshanna Pearl Easling, gets legally married
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic