IGNORED

DIVORCED! Mike Pearl's daughter, Shoshanna Pearl Easling, gets legally married

hoipolloi

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was just looking at Debi’s FB page and she actually shared this on her page. These people will believe anything they read that is negative about vaccines. They are so gullible! 

3CB73EEA-5668-4F66-A822-8CCFB2259776.jpeg

Am I the only one who reads this acronym as "motherfucker"?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 2

13 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Yeah, I was about to ask if Gabe had a J O B but then I just started laughing too hard ....

Yeah, none of the Pearls or Pearl-in-laws are job type people.  I suspect that the Pearl ministry is a non-profit that allows them to launder large amounts of profit.  However, at some point in the not too recent past Debi had (IIRC) a neck issue that required surgery and they either didn't have insurance or lame insurance that would not cover the cost and they didn't have cash to pay for it.   Again, IIRC, she did have the surgery.  If someone has institutional memory about this, please clarify. 

• Upvote 7

19 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

My first thought was it must very much colder.  Second thought, what are MI's homeschooling regs?  Third thought, perhaps Gabe got on the wrong side of the law in NM and they had to vamoose?

It may be that little or no homeschooling is going on in the Anast household, given this updated Anast family blurb from NGJ:

Anasts.png

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

No. And I giggle each time too.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

It always intrigues me that the Pearls and their kids don't have mega-families.  Michael and Debi stopped at the ridiculously small number of five, and I think Rebeka and Shalom both have six.  Gabe has (or will have) five kids, Nathan has four and Shoshanna has three! THREE!  Some of them should have been able to knock out between eight to ten kids by now if they were really applying themselves.  

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Howl said:

It always intrigues me that the Pearls and their kids don't have mega-families.  Michael and Debi stopped at the ridiculously small number of five, and I think Rebeka and Shalom both have six.  Gabe has (or will have) five kids, Nathan has four and Shoshanna has three! THREE!  Some of them should have been able to knock out between eight to ten kids by now if they were really applying themselves.  

I’m very glad they aren’t quiverful. I really wish more families that hump their legs *cough* Jill Rod *cough* would follow their lead. 

• Upvote 13

2 hours ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

Me too. I hear it occasionally (working in medical records), and I think that every time! 

26 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

It may be that little or no homeschooling is going on in the Anast household, given this updated Anast family blurb from NGJ:

That blurb needs an editor.  I hear some Handmaids are good at that.  

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m very glad they aren’t quiverful. I really wish more families that hump their legs *cough* Jill Rod *cough* would follow their lead. 

Have the Pearls ever discussed family size and family planning in their "literature"?

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 2

I remembered what I thought I remembered correctly.

The Pearls are NFP proponents.

https://nogreaterjoy.org/articles/do-you-believe-in-birth-control/

Just speculation but I would guess that like a LOT of NFPers, when they are finally done they quietly get one of them sterilized. I know very, very few NFPers who don’t eventually go that route.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Her and her husband...? Ouch.

(I mean, there was much more, but that last bit? Made me wince. I am a grammar elitist, I fear. Even though I make my own share of errors.)

Edited by refugee
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

19 minutes ago, chaotic life said:

I remembered what I thought I remembered correctly.  The Pearls are NFP proponents.

Thanks for the link!  Or course, Debi just HAD to tell this flaming lie about the NFP version she promotes: This training is so easy and effective that UCLA and Planned Parenthood have opposed it for years, trying to use the courts to prevent it from being taught.  Pants on fire, Debi! 

And I agree with your assessment!  Snip or snip snip. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, refugee said:

Her and her husband...? Ouch.

Hey -- these are the PEARLS. They don't need no stinkin' grammar.

Re: "mostly grown." IIRC, the oldest Anast child -- Joseph Courage -- was born in 2001, making him about 17. Don't have birth info for the two youngest but they're probably at least 5-6 years old. So, yeah, there may not be a lot of homeschooling going on there.

Wonder if the oldest kids have to go out & work so that Daddy Gabe can continue to sit on his butt at home study the Bible?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, chaotic life said:

Just speculation but I would guess that like a LOT of NFPers, when they are finally done they quietly get one of them sterilized. I know very, very few NFPers who don’t eventually go that route.

Haha, almost sounds like regular family planning where you don't use prevention methods when you want to become pregnant and use them when you don't. It's amazing the silly logic people can invent to win brownie points!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

32 minutes ago, chaotic life said:

I remembered what I thought I remembered correctly.

The Pearls are NFP proponents.

I use NFP *sigh*. At first it was because of pro-life beliefs, and after that because my body really, really, doesn't like hormones. Not even the ones I make naturally. It works ok, we have two children that we chose to have, but somebody needs to get a snip snip eventually. I wish I could take BCP, but I tried it and within 24 hours I was nauseated and having panic attacks. It reminded me too much of my hyperemesis. Also I have had issues with my heart and am afraid of blood clots, so altogether it just wasn't worth it. :( 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 9

I used NFP for most of my childbearing years. I did not know then why estrogen based birth control reacted so badly with me but it did. Made it easier to fall down the religious rabbit hole, sadly.

My thyroid made NFP poorly effective and I went with permanent when I became the 0.3% IUD fail rate.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

What is the deal with the lip tie and tongue thing? Does that have to do with Vitamin A absorption?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Lisafer said:

I use NFP *sigh*. At first it was because of pro-life beliefs, and after that because my body really, really, doesn't like hormones. Not even the ones I make naturally. It works ok, we have two children that we chose to have, but somebody needs to get a snip snip eventually. I wish I could take BCP, but I tried it and within 24 hours I was nauseated and having panic attacks. It reminded me too much of my hyperemesis. Also I have had issues with my heart and am afraid of blood clots, so altogether it just wasn't worth it. :( 

I was the same, I had some type of bad reaction to every the of birth control available. We used NFP and nothing once that seemed too burdensome (and didn't get pregnant for 6yrs) and I eventually had my tubes tied. I half expected to have some weird reaction to that! 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, louisa05 said:

It's all very convenient, though. If there is no legal marriage, they can split without having to divorce and Michael can truthfully brag that none of his kids have divorced or will ever divorce. 

Unless it's considered common-law by the state, which makes it a legal marriage and they have to officially divorce.  That may vary from state to state.  But they still wouldn't have had to get a marriage license or anything for that.  I don't think so, anyway.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Here's a screenshot of the Instagram stories about Shoshannah's wedding...

IMG_1355.PNG

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

• Tennis shoes (black)
  • White ankle socks
  • Shorts (black)
  • Generic cheap cotton UNDERSHIRT (showing and untucked)
  • Blazer (navy blue?????)

In what universe is this an ACCEPTABLE OUTFIT let alone WEDDING ATTIRE, Michael Pearl??!?

The fashion police and frankly anyone with eyeballs ought to beat that man with a plumbing line for the sin of wearing that not just at all, but to his daughter's wedding!  At least have the decency to put on a pair of pants and a collared shirt...or even just tuck in your damn undershirt!

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, Georgiana said:
  • Tennis shoes (black)
  • White ankle socks
  • Shorts (black)
  • Generic cheap cotton UNDERSHIRT (showing and untucked)
  • Blazer (navy blue?????)

In what universe is this an ACCEPTABLE OUTFIT let alone WEDDING ATTIRE, Michael Pearl??!?

The fashion police and frankly anyone with eyeballs ought to beat that man with a plumbing line for the sin of wearing that not just at all, but to his daughter's wedding!  At least have the decency to put on a pair of pants and a collared shirt...or even just tuck in your damn undershirt!

You can see why I screenshotted that stuff IMMEDIATELY. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 4

40 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

May Rufus bless you for your service.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

On 7/11/2018 at 5:21 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was just looking at Debi’s FB page and she actually shared this on her page. These people will believe anything they read that is negative about vaccines. They are so gullible! 

3CB73EEA-5668-4F66-A822-8CCFB2259776.jpeg

Oh, FFS.  First of all, MTHFR is a gene.  We all have it, unless we have a super-duper-rare genetic deletion disorder.  MUTATIONS in the MTHFR gene are pretty common, although much lower than stated here (up to 25% of US adults may have at least one mutated copy).  There are also different mutations that can occur, and some seem to cause more problems than others. 

The ONLY thing we've proved MTHFR mutations cause is a lessened ability to break down folic acid into folate.  So switch your vitamins from folic acid to methyl-folate or eat a ton of leafy greens and you're fine, even with double copies of the more severe mutations. 

My son had arguably one of the worst 'midline defects', an open spina bifida (SB) lesion.  There's some real correlational evidence about folic acid supplementation in a population of just-got-pregnant women reducing rates of SB, but that's about it, although we're subjects in a current study about MTHFR mutations and SB.  MTHFR comes up all the time in SB communities, since maybe it could cause folate/folic acid deficiency.  However, I have only 1 mutated MTHFR gene, and I know several mothers of kids with SB with no mutated MTHFR genes. 

The woo-sters have latched on to MTHFR so hard, which is making it harder for real scientists to get funding to study it for people like my family, who could potentially benefit.  Sorry for the novel, I'm mad as hell about this crap, and sick of writing the same dang thing every week because lies sometimes travel faster than the truth.

10 hours ago, Leftitinmysnood said:

That's a standing joke in spina bifida communities (since mayyyybe it could have contributed to causing birth defect).

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, ViolaSebastian said:

As do I.

Michael Pearl just looks like the pig that he is.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

• nelliebelle1197 changed the title to DIVORCED! Mike Pearl's daughter, Shoshanna Pearl Easling, gets legally married
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic