IGNORED

DIVORCED! Mike Pearl's daughter, Shoshanna Pearl Easling, gets legally married

hoipolloi

26 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Anywhoo, total bitch eating crackers, here, but that song is called 'Can't Take My Eyes Off You." Seems weird not to know the real name to your first dance song.

TIL there's an older version of this song 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Ozlsn said:
9 hours ago, Dandruff said:

Might this affect their prior tax returns?

It would certainly explain the reactions of the lawyer and financial planner who were both probably frantically working out the possible penalties for any false claims.

It certainly could explain it. The Pearls' penchant for PR & self-promotion could well take a big financial bite out of several Pearl asses.

Besides the potential issue of false claims (filing as married when they weren't), Shoshanna and her husband James, in particular, have used her FB page to flaunt a consumer lifestyle -- trips, new cars, shopping sprees -- that they attribute to their Plexus MLM. Whether or not they really make that much money off the Plexus scam is immaterial -- all of it will get a much closer look by the IRS. No wonder their financial planner & lawyer were gob-smacked.

• Upvote 14

I probably can't find it because I'm not that adept on FB, but I'm almost positive that in response to a question about her marriage being legal with the state Shoshana replied something to the effect of "yes we have a marriage certificate". It's possible even come up here on FJ, which would be easier to search. 

I am curious about the tax impact. Can you imagine being their tax preparer or financial advisor and just learning this? It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that the elder pearls haven't paid taxes. I think they believe that tax is government theft, and that our American money is unconstitutional. I'm not sure how far out there they are in practical application though. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

As we are going down memory lane with the Pearls and Anasts, I remembered that @debrand did a very good series about Rebekah on her blog.  Starting here:

http://debrasrandomthoughts.blogspot.com/2010/03/rebekah-pearl-part-one-her-childhood.html

I wish debrand were still active here.  I miss her.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2

They always claimed they had marriage certificates. They wrote their OWN certificates which Michael validated in his capacity as a pastor. They did not have LEGAL marriage certificates issued by the state. It was a point of pride for the entire family. And unless any others have quietly corrected that or Gabriel learned from not the first time, Shoshanna is the first to obtain a legal license since Michael and Debbie themselves

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

11 minutes ago, chaotic life said:

And unless any others have quietly corrected that or Gabriel learned from not the first time, Shoshanna is the first to obtain a legal license since Michael and Debbie themselves

Judging from this FB comment by Zephyr, Nathan's wife, they got legally married in TX. 

Wonder if her family insisted on that, unlike Nathan's fuckwad of a father. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 13

30 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

Judging from this FB comment by Zephyr, Nathan's wife, they got legally married in TX. 

Oh, she has her godly knickers in a twist. I mean seriously, when you push yourself into the public eye, especially as a preachy, my way is the only way, you invite scrutiny and pushback. If said scrutiny and pushbackback bothers you, then try not being such in your face pricks all the time. Actions have consequences. I assume your parents taught you that. 

Edited by Pecansforeveryone
Spelling
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

39 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

So, basically, hey, "haters", suck it. Bless your hearts and buy my money-wasting worthless MLM m'kay! 

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 3

Oh yeah, I ALSO asked God's permission before sleeping with each of my partners.  Totally.  I've just had A LOT of Pearl-style divorces.  Maybe someday I'll marry one of them in front of friends and family.  Maybe I won't.  But clearly it's not required, so who cares?!?

The important part is that I am JUST as pure and chaste as Shoshanna Pearl and the rest of the Pearls.  

That's what I got out of this post, and I am sticking with it. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 30
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

I probably can't find it because I'm not that adept on FB, but I'm almost positive that in response to a question about her marriage being legal with the state Shoshana replied something to the effect of "yes we have a marriage certificate".

Don't recall this specifically but it wouldn't surprise me -- Mike & Debi Pearl and their spawn are all adept at misrepresenting themselves & their loathsome beliefs.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Sorry to derail back to Rebeka and Gabe Anast.  Watersmeet, Michigan is in the UP and is a tiny resort town, according to google. I wonder if there is some fundie thing going on there.  Interesting. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Howl said:

Sorry to derail back to Rebeka and Gabe Anast.  Watersmeet, Michigan is in the UP and is a tiny resort town, according to google. I wonder if there is some fundie thing going on there.  Interesting. 

My questions, too. Seems like quite a change from NM but perhaps there are other factors: free or lower-cost housing; employment (not holding my breath on that one, given Gabe's track record); religious/social ties.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

Can you imagine being their tax preparer or financial advisor and just learning this?

Yes. "ohshitohshitohshitohshit how many years have they joint filed, how does this affect their business, please tell me they're not stupid enough to put this on social media, ohshitohshitohshitohshit..."

Yeah that's one set of professionals who are going to be asking to see the marriage license up front next time.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

36 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

My questions, too. Seems like quite a change from NM but perhaps there are other factors: free or lower-cost housing; employment (not holding my breath on that one, given Gabe's track record); religious/social ties.

My first thought was it must very much colder.  Second thought, what are MI's homeschooling regs?  Third thought, perhaps Gabe got on the wrong side of the law in NM and they had to vamoose?

It does seem that Rebekah and her books are the breadwinners so Gabe can continue his full time Bible-study.  I hope they are eating well but her cook book implies that they are.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, chaotic life said:

Statistically when abuse is involved the abuser nearly always wins most or full custody unless either he does not fight for custody or there was no legal marriage. Not saying that is the case here but knowing what I know about the impact of DV on custody and the reality being the exact opposite the of what lay wisdom believes it to be, my personal educated guess would be that there was no legal marriage. Ohio has strong father’s rights laws that would allow a custody battle even in the absence of a legal marriage.

I find it deeply disrupting he not only married an ex Amish wife but they felt the need to declare it. Odds she will escape is significantly less than the first wife. She has been groomed from birth for submission and abuse.

The Schrocks also married a daughter off to the Clark Wilsons so the whole family is no longer Amish, but seemingly fundie. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

I was just looking at Debi’s FB page and she actually shared this on her page. These people will believe anything they read that is negative about vaccines. They are so gullible! 

3CB73EEA-5668-4F66-A822-8CCFB2259776.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 13

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

These people will believe anything they read that is negative about vaccines.

Well, they're also big tRumpers, which gives you an idea of their relative brain power, right there.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

So true story:

My friends' parents have been married for 30+ years.  Or at least that's what they thought.  But just last year when he retired and she went to put him on her insurance, they discovered that the Church had never filed the completed marriage certificate.  So in fact, they were never legally married.

Despite the fact that this was not their fault, there was no intent to deceive, and everything they had ever filed as a married couple WAS true and correct as far as they knew, it was still a very expensive nightmare to sort out.  And one of those nightmares was dealing with various government agencies (including the IRS) and trying to convince them that it wasn't worth the effort in this case to do anything other than let it slide.  And one of the major arguments there WAS that there was no criminal activity or intent to deceive, so there would be nothing to gain by the State going after them.  

But if the Pearls willfully misrepresented themselves as legally married when they knew they were not AND took benefits or breaks they were not entitled to, that's fraud.  And the State may very well send them an invoice for it or pursue it more aggressively to send a message.  

• Upvote 16
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

I was nosing around on Gabe Pearl’s FB page. He has a post about how Plexus made him fat. I’m sure JillRod would shit a brick if she knew.  

• Haha 22

6 minutes ago, ChunkyBarbie said:

I was nosing around on Gabe Pearl’s FB page. He has a post about how Plexus made him fat. I’m sure JillRod would shit a brick if she knew.  

Shoshanna is very high up in the Plexus racket. More than one person in that family sells it. I’m surprised he admitted that. I bet his sisters aren’t happy with him.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

OMG.....it was only a matter of time before the fundie morons latched onto MTHFR!!!

What royally pisses me off it that they take my CLOTTING DISORDER and turn it into their newest all things wrong catch phrase!

Quit spouting the drivel from Dr. Ben as if it is factual information!!!! NIH has a huge volume of research on MTHFR if you are TRULY doing your “research” but why bother with REAL research when you can call on Dr. Ben!

MTHFR does not cause autism nor vaccine reactions. I do not have autism because of my MTHFR mutation nor my childhood vaccines. My children have autism because *I* have autism. But none of them have the full impact of MTHFR which I have because their father does not have any of the mutations thus they only got one mutation when I have two copies

As she said DO YOUR RESEARCH... real research. Because this attachment to my clothing disorders is why I have trouble getting anyone outside of hemoc or ob to understand it is a REAL clotting Disorder!!!

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Shoshanna is very high up in the Plexus racket. More than one person in that family sells it. I’m surprised he admitted that. I bet his sisters aren’t happy with him.

I bet not. He probably doesn’t care. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Howl said:

There is, gothard. That is where Northwoods is located https://lifesrealjourney.com/journey/httpslifesrealjourney-comregisteryoung-ladies-journey-northwoods-mi/

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

• nelliebelle1197 changed the title to DIVORCED! Mike Pearl's daughter, Shoshanna Pearl Easling, gets legally married
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic