IGNORED

DIVORCED! Mike Pearl's daughter, Shoshanna Pearl Easling, gets legally married

hoipolloi

That's a standing joke in spina bifida communities (since mayyyybe it could have contributed to causing birth defect).

I have the rare, severe mutation. It falls under clotting disorders as the decreased folate causes the blood to clot more than normal. And yes, the answer is that I take folate supplementation. Also, while I am aware of the theory of connection between it by birth defects, the condition caused miscarriages and an IUGR baby but six babies and no birth defects, midline or otherwise.
  • Upvote 2

Well, what I understand from Shoshana's post is that her father wasn't right, and that when he banned legal mariages he was damaging his children' future finances. Don't they realise they are calling his father fool?

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Here's a screenshot of the Instagram stories about Shoshannah's wedding...

IMG_1355.PNG

Wow he looks old in that picture. I just looked up his age and he will turn 73 in a few months. He looks even older than 73. If I didn’t know him, I would guess he was in his early 80s. Beating babies ages you I guess.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Wow he looks old in that picture. I just looked up his age and he will turn 73 in a few months. He looks even older than 73. If I didn’t know him, I would guess he was in his early 80s. Beating babies ages you I guess.

I just clicked on the photo and scrolled down to see....his ugly legs!  My sweetie is a year older, and his legs still look pretty good; he can rock a pair of khaki shorts!   Guess Mr. Pearl needs more (or more likely, less) Plexus.  Debi looks pretty darn good and she's in her late 60s, right?

• Upvote 5

30 minutes ago, Howl said:

I just clicked on the photo and scrolled down to see....his ugly legs!  My sweetie is a year older, and his legs still look pretty good; he can rock a pair of khaki shorts!   Guess Mr. Pearl needs more (or more likely, less) Plexus.  Debi looks pretty darn good and she's in her late 60s, right?

His age is all in his face. Nice legs run in my family so may grandpa had fantastic legs at Michael’s age. His face is just so angry looking. I can’t imagine young children wanting to be around him. Unless his white beard makes them think he’s Santa Claus. And I agree, Debi looks at least 20 years younger. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

14 hours ago, Georgiana said:
  • Tennis shoes (black)
  • White ankle socks
  • Shorts (black)
  • Generic cheap cotton UNDERSHIRT (showing and untucked)
  • Blazer (navy blue?????)

In what universe is this an ACCEPTABLE OUTFIT let alone WEDDING ATTIRE, Michael Pearl??!?

The fashion police and frankly anyone with eyeballs ought to beat that man with a plumbing line for the sin of wearing that not just at all, but to his daughter's wedding!  At least have the decency to put on a pair of pants and a collared shirt...or even just tuck in your damn undershirt!

Have some respect!  Those were his dress shorts, his best shoes, and Debi washed and sun-bleached his socks and undershirt specially for the THIRD wedding, darn it!   

@hoipolloi, linked Mikey's fervent description of what we now know to be Shoshanna's second wedding above, and it still reads like a really bad romance novel.  Who else nearly threw up when Shoshanna got James "well salivated."  

What really happened:

The (250) guests arrived and had to sit outdoors on the ground for ages on a chilly evening waiting for the ceremony to begin.  The music was provided by the groom's siblings who were sawing away on their fiddles making an unearthly racket.

Unfortunately the bridesmaid lost control of her pony before the bride's entrance. It bolted out of the woods and across the wedding location nearly moving down several small children before she got it under control.  The guests couldn't believe their eyes.  

Then the bride's horse stampeded out of the woods.  Shoshanna lost control too and couldn't stop it in time, so she had to circle around again to stop at the makeshift aisle. 

James had last minute doubts and tried to bolt as well.  Michael had to restrain him, snarling, "Just stay here.  You deflowered her so you are already fake married and she's coming to get you.  Grand-daddy has the shot gun."

The ceremony was mercifully short because Michael knew no-one wanted to listen to him and he sensed that the guests were getting restive.  And that damn horse had pooped copiously in the aisle.

Besides, he knew that the barbecue was almost ready and even fake mountain men enjoy their grub.

Postscript
None of my daughters or their husbands asked the state of Tennessee for permission to marry. They did not yoke themselves to government.

None of Pearl's daughters nor their husbands asked the state of Tennessee for permission to marry. They did not yoke themselves to government.  Until now.

It was a personal, private covenant, binding them together forever—until death. So when the sodomites have come to share in the state marriage licenses, which will eventually be the law, James and Shoshanna will not be in league with those perverts.

It was a personal, private covenant (or two), binding them together forever—until death. Or separation. Whatever.  But now, when same sex marriage is legal in all 50 states, James and Shoshanna have decided to get married legally.

And, while I am on the subject, there will come a time when faithful Christians will either revoke their state marriage licenses and establish an exclusively one man-one woman covenant of marriage, or, they will forfeit the sanctity of their covenant by being unequally yoked together with perverts.

And, while I am on the subject, is Pearl going to admit publicly to Shoshanna and James forfeiting "the sanctity of their covenant by being unequally yoked together with perverts."

The sooner there is such a movement, the sooner we will have a voice in government. Some of you attorneys and statesmen reading this should get together and come up with an approach that will have credibility and help to impact the political process. Please contact me when you do and I will assist with publicity.
Michael Pearl

Please, Michael Pearl, contact me when you do decide to come clean about Shoshanna's legal marriage and Gabriel's failed marriage, and I will assist with publicity.

Palimpsest.

https://nogreaterjoy.org/articles/the-wedding/

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

@zeppelincommander Thanks for the explanation. I think I have heard other snippets about this mutation and the folic acid/folate issue having something to do with mental health (depression?).

I also have a vague memory of hearing that folate supplementation before conception can prevent cystic fibrosis, but since it is something I heard/read a long time ago, it is not a reliable memory. (For example, it could be selenium supplements rather than folate.) And as cystic fibrosis is genetic and hereditary, from what I know, I may have heard wrong or may have fallen victim to misinformation.

I guess my main reason for saying that is looking for confirmation or refutation.

• Upvote 3

@Palimpsest your recap was lovely. You only forgot the lap dance after the barbecue.

And here's this quote from old Mike: "At that point, all I could think about was, “Don’t fall off the horse! What could be worse than a slipped disk on your wedding night?”

What could be worse? Being Debi Pearl and spending your honeymoon being forced to have sex multiple times at your new husband's demand, being forced out of bed in the middle of the night to walk on sharp beach shells barefoot, and being denied sleep until you pass out and hit your head in the bathroom. Yeah. 

• Upvote 25
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I have never seen a picture of Michael Pearl before now.

I kinda wish I could still say that!

I'm not trying to judge him physically.  I find him to be disgusting because of his actions and beliefs.

• Upvote 11

5 hours ago, refugee said:

@zeppelincommander Thanks for the explanation. I think I have heard other snippets about this mutation and the folic acid/folate issue having something to do with mental health (depression?).

I also have a vague memory of hearing that folate supplementation before conception can prevent cystic fibrosis, but since it is something I heard/read a long time ago, it is not a reliable memory. (For example, it could be selenium supplements rather than folate.) And as cystic fibrosis is genetic and hereditary, from what I know, I may have heard wrong or may have fallen victim to misinformation.

I guess my main reason for saying that is looking for confirmation or refutation.

Perhaps you're thinking of folic acid supplements and cleft palates? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22781994

AFAIK, cystic fibrosis is a genetic disease, not connected to malnutrition...but I'm not a medical professional. I don't even play one on the internet. :shakehead: But I'm sure someone else has far more information. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

Cystic Fibrosis has no cure and no prevention. There is medication that significantly alters the molecular issue that CF causes for many of the mutations and there is a cure showing promise in Canada, I believe with a gene therapy technique. It’s hard for me to follow the current research on CF, too emotionally painful seeing the advances in the last six years.

Folic acid is associated with spina bifida and midline congenital defects like cleft lip and palate. The March of Dimes folic acid supplement levels for women of childbearing age is related to spina bifida.

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

It occurred to me that the Pearls Sr. are perfectly fine with Shoshanna and husband getting married by the government of evil sodomites as long as it was requested by Shoshanna's husband, because the dick-holder is always right!  ALWAYS!

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6

Folic acid deficiency is linked to spina bifida and other neural tube defects.

Edited by polecat
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

Just all and all, a very classy event. I admit I question the #playbouse when it’s your third wedding and you have however many kids. That just sounds like *actually* having a house, but maybe that’s just me?

3BF81801-E758-494E-9042-A2F7A2F336E1.png

Edited by ViolaSebastian
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 7/11/2018 at 9:17 AM, chaotic life said:

I am not aware that Gabriel ever legally married his first wife. At the time of their split it was speculated that part of why he did not even apparently get visitation rights was because they were never legally married.

Not being married would not affect visitation rights of a biological parent. 

On 7/12/2018 at 1:21 PM, Howl said:

Thanks for the link!  Or course, Debi just HAD to tell this flaming lie about the NFP version she promotes: This training is so easy and effective that UCLA and Planned Parenthood have opposed it for years, trying to use the courts to prevent it from being taught.   

The University of California, Los Angeles opposes natural family planning? I am confused. 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, katilac said:

The University of California, Los Angeles opposes natural family planning? I am confused. 

Taking a wild guess here, but it's probably that PP tells women that various other forms of family planning (pill, condom, diaphragm, IUD) have lower failure rates, so of course PP hates fundy natural planning because *something something something*

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

Michael Pearl  is the double for a small town Northern Irish drunk in the summer in that picture. Except the average village drunk is vastly less awful of course.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 14

6 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

Just all and all, a very classy event. I admit I question the #playbouse when it’s your third wedding and you have however many kids. That just sounds like *actually* having a house, but maybe that’s just me?

3BF81801-E758-494E-9042-A2F7A2F336E1.png

I am torn between wondering if the shorts are a protest at his SIL and daughter going statist for financial reasons/hearing that there was a first wedding, whether he woke up and couldn't find/didn't fit the pants that go with that jacket, or whether he woke up and thought "again?! Didn't we shell out for a bower thing already? Too hot, DGAF..."

• Upvote 5

In the Pleistocene (1978) when I was first pregnant, my doc stressed the importance of folic acid.

• Upvote 3

That's quite a photo. There's Michael, looking like the old man who lives in the neighborhood haunted house, a toddler wearing nothing but a diaper, and a young woman channeling Bjork in her swan get-up, Like, WTF? This pic is a GREAT candidate for a caption contest.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 20
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Evangeline said:

That's quite a photo. There's Michael, looking like the old man who lives in the neighborhood haunted house, a toddler wearing nothing but a diaper, and a young woman channeling Bjork in her swan get-up, Like, WTF? This pic is a GREAT candidate for a caption contest.

Right? 

When my kiddos stood still in a slightly bent knee position like that baby it was usually because they were pooping.  #MagicalMoments

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, LaLele said:

Right? 

When my kiddos stood still in a slightly bent knee position like that baby it was usually because they were pooping.  #MagicalMoments

Nothing could be more appropriate!

• Upvote 6

I divorced an physically abusive man. I had a good lawyer (paid for by my parents who said they won’t help me support my children but they will pay for a lawyer so their father would have to pay child support). 

The lawyer advised me NOT to seek divorce based on abuse to myself or the children. Just to claim based on separation for over a year/irreconcilable differences. 

Lawyer said guys fight back in court when accused of abuse and even though I had witnesses willing to testify don’t go there. We went for sole custody of the children, joint guardianship (men fight when people take their rights to kids away) but I got final say in all matters regarding the children and sole custody with him getting “”reasonable access as determined by the custodial parent”. He also got all the debt since lawyer successful argued I wouldn’t be able to work more to earn extra $ to pay it off with 5 young children. 

I’m glad I listened, but man I wanted the abuse documented in court! They can’t take his access to kids away for abuse to me - would have to be documented abuse of the kids. We had some documentation but not enough. 

He travelled for work and still sees kids sometimes but it’s not regular. But maddeningly - claiming abuse makes you more likely to lose your kids

Edited by CherylV
  • Upvote 9
  • Sad 9
  • Love 9

• nelliebelle1197 changed the title to DIVORCED! Mike Pearl's daughter, Shoshanna Pearl Easling, gets legally married
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic