IGNORED

Lori Alexander 51: Looking for the Transformed Husband

@Sarah92 One other thing. I have gone out on dates, or second dates, with guys because I wasn’t sure or “curious” and they had tripped some little wire...and I really was trying to ignore that the wire had been tripped. No offense, but that’s what sounds like happened to you. Dating and inquistion can be so arduous and unpleasant. But trust your guts. 

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, zeebaneighba said:

I'm planning on making white bean soup on Sunday.  We're going out to a show, so I will just be throwing everything in the crock pot and it will be done when we get home.  It takes about 10 minutes.  You don't even have to soak the beans. Soup is not hard, Lori!

Cream is just deconstructed butter, after all.

That sounds really good! 

I love soup anytime of the year and being able to place it in a crockpot to cook all day is the best.  The "hardest" part is probably cutting up the veggies but really 20 mins tops for that.

7 minutes ago, Momto2Princesses said:

That sounds really good! 

I love soup anytime of the year and being able to place it in a crockpot to cook all day is the best.  The "hardest" part is probably cutting up the veggies but really 20 mins tops for that.

https://www.budgetbytes.com/slow-cooker-white-bean-soup/

I basically have to cut up the onions and carrots and crush the garlic.  I can't eat raw celery, so it's not worth buying a whole bunch; if I use it, I get it pre-cut off the salad bar at the grocery store (and wash it really well).  Easy peasy!

Remember when Lori went on that hateful tirade about Lysa Terkeurst's divorce?  Well, evidently Lysa and her husband have reconciled.  I wonder where Lori is now.  Surely she wants to wish Lysa the best in her efforts to repair her marriage.  Surely she wants to say that she jumped the gun in her harsh judgement or Lysa.  Right?? 

More likely, Lori is secretly disappointed that she can no longer condemn this woman.  Also, she will probably take credit for this decision, claiming Lysa read her blog and had a change of heart  

https://foreverymom.com/marriage/lysa-terkeurst-art-terkeurst/

Ok, all the soup discussing did send me to Sprouts today for some of their 50 cents a pound Roma tomatoes.  Then I found a loaf of day old French bread in the King Soopers’ scratch and dent aisle for 50 cents. Made my first batch of gazpacho of the summer (blending some bread in for the first time) and, although I didn’t instagram or video it, please be assured it’s pretty darn tasty. I sprinkled some Nooch on mine, added a grilled cheese sandwich for Mr. Bunny and three ears of corn in the Instant Pot  and we’re good for dinner on a hot summer night. 

Thinking about Lazy Lori, and why I always refer to her as Lazy Lori...everything this lady has ever done she has made out to be a LOT of work, and she is always looking fo the easy way out (including asking others to do things for her). Everything. She openly admits that she allowed her mom to wait on her hand and foot when they were all in Door County..and she was an adult with (most likely) her kids with her. Teaching plus having a toddler was more than she could handle. Spanking her kids was the “easy way” (her words) to “train” them. Soups, breads...everything is So.Much.Work. 

Yet she goes on and on about how God made us to work hard. Lazy Lori, it appears you simply hate God and His Ways. 

:pb_lol: That reminds me of when Lori used to write "open letters" to famous people who she wanted to impart her "wisdom" on.  Good times. 

I looked up the author of today's post on modesty. It is a certain Britt Williams, pentecostal preacher of small church in Mississippi named "Consuming Fire Fellowship." There are many pictures of him and his family online. His wife and daughters dress about as different as possible from Lori and her family. Their sons also cover up much more than Lori's "hunky" sons/ AKA the bathing beauties or surfers. The Williams dress in a very fundie style, complete with jumpers and a Little House on the Prairie aesthetic. No problem with that if that's their bag. I do, however, have a problem with Lori promoting these views while she galavants about in shorts, tiny t-shirt dresses, and fashionable jean skirts... If that phrase is not an oxymoron. Anyhoo, here's Preacher Williams' public FB post today.   

Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 5.18.28 PM.png

All of the soups you guys are posting about sound delicious!    

We had Domino's pizza tonight, and we're going to rent a movie (it's Friday the 13th, you know).

2 minutes ago, fluffy said:

I looked up the author of today's post on modesty. It is a certain Britt Williams, pentecostal preacher of small church in Mississippi named "Consuming Fire Fellowship." There are many pictures of him and his family online. His wife and daughter dress about as different as possible from Lori and her family.

I have long said that most of the fundies Lori idolizes wouldn't have her.  They'd be positively scandalized by the way she dresses, and the fact that she can't stop talking about sex.  

I'm willing to bet Lori is one racist bitch. She speaketh with forked tongue and needs to have both sides of it tied in a knot.

@Ken you better control your bitch. She is a nasty cunt who needs to practice what she preaches, get off the goddamn computer and have her funds cut off.

I have something nauseating to say.  I looked at that modesty author's facebook page out of curiosity, and I noticed that he and I attended the same high school.   Yuck.  He's older than me so it would not have been at the same time, but still.  I disliked high school.  I don't really stay in touch with anyone from high school, though I've seen a few on facebook.  The ones who still live in the area tend to be conservative (though not as extreme as this asshole).

This may be TMI about me on the internet, but I don't care.  I doubt that anyone could, or would want to, id me.

18 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Now I want soup... A nice corn chowder with bacon sounds good.... Hmm maybe for this weekend? 

Also I gotta vent a bit cause I'm just having an emotional roll coaster with preparing for a new job, a new apartment, and such. But I was talking to a guy and he asked me what was important in a relationship. So I listed the typical traits (compassionate, faithful, kind) and then strongly emphasized that I had no time for strict gender roles and was egalitarian, something I find important in a relationship. He is a Christian, so this was kinda a test to see where he was in all this. He got cagey about it so I asked for his concerns.

Basically his reply was "who hurt you to make you feel so strongly about this? I feel like you're speaking from some sort of pain". And then he asked why egalitarianism was so important to me. Why wouldn't being treated like an equal be important to me and why wouldn't I emphasize that in a relationship?

It's common sense. And dearest goodness, I don't need to be hurt to desire that someone see me as an individual worthy of respect. Also apparently when I said that I had no time for gender roles I was being "negative" ( I was using firm language not negative). He also felt like I gave off the impression that I knew what I didn't want but not enough of what I do want. I gave a list of traits I found important and stated I wanted an equal partnership with someone who didn't leave me doing all the emotional work. How is that not stating what I want? When I asked him what he's looking for in a relationship me reply was along the lines of "it's not so much of a list, I'll be able to tell you when we meet" what? What? What? 

*bangs head against desk* Why can't guys just not invalidate or belittle what women are saying? What's so hard about this?

Also I might still go out with him because he's an "intellectual" and it could be interesting to talk about this further. He comes across as a bit arrogant and that brings out the INTJ in me which makes me want to challenge and poke (and reck a bit of havoc). So it would be entertainment to frustrate him. Never mess with an INTJ *evil grin* Am I a bad person for this? 

Anyways sorry for another long random post but I needed to let it go somewhere. And I felt like it falls in line of general discussion of misogyny. 

I am not telling you what to do or not do!  But it's been my experience that when I'm told that I must not know what I want, when I have clearly stated what I want, that the person who is saying that to me just does not like what I said or agree with me.  So they think they can make me unsure of what I feel, just because they don't agree with me. 

2 hours ago, Momto2Princesses said:

That sounds really good! 

We eat soup and chili all year round.  I made vegetable beef soup in the crockpot last week and it's in the freezer in serving size containers.  Hubs has had it for lunch several times this week.

We did have salad last night, but not a Lori salad.

4 minutes ago, Briefly said:

We eat soup and chili all year round.  I made vegetable beef soup in the crockpot last week

I have never made it in the crockpot.  May have to try that.  Do you just brown your beef before you toss it in?

3 minutes ago, Koala said:

I have never made it in the crockpot.  May have to try that.  Do you just brown your beef before you toss it in?

It's really simple.  I toss a couple of beef bullion cubes in the bottom of the crockpot, I pour in 1 large can of crushed tomatoes then I add 1 can each (drained first) of green beans, whole kernel corn, green peas, green beans and Lima beans.  I peel and cut up several carrots, about 1/2 of an onion, a bell pepper and 4 - 6 peeled and chopped up potatoes (maybe more or less depending on the size of the potato) and toss it all in.  I add 1 - 2 pounds of chopped stew or soup meat (beef but I don't brown it) and then I add salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, Then I add water until the crock pot is filled.  I turn it on high for 1 - 1/2 hours and then stir. I turn it down to medium for several hours and stir it every hour of so.  It probably cooks for about 7 hours.  I have a very large crock pot.  Also, sometimes I put a can of Rotel tomatoes in along with the crushed tomatoes.  It's very good and very filling.  You can experiment with it and change it up however you want to.

But, and this is very important, don't use frozen mixed vegetables!  Hubs suggested that one time as a time saver.  And that's why I had to buy a new crockpot, because the crock cracked from the cold/heat!

Today was leftover sweet potato fries that I made last night and turkey burgers. Its usually pizza night but I decided to change it up a bit. Plus the fries turned out quite good for the first time making them so I wanted to finish them, couldn't  resist lol. I used to not eat sweet potatoes now I love them. I just had to figure out how to cook them properly. 

Lori talks about being quiet... couldn't that also apply to writing and other forms of communications? Maybe she shouldn't write and allow men to teach this subject.  Lori is sure quick to delete people which is a form of confrontation even if some might not see it that way. It still says I disagree with you so I'm gonna delete you and then block you. Lori isn't innocent nor wise so I don't know what to tell her. 

I love all things soup and stews, but I wouldn't touch Lori's soup thing with a 10 ft pole. If I would make that soup I wouldn't toss in so much different cabbage kinds. Kale and brussel sprouts alone are to dominiering in taste. And using cauliflower for thickening a soup should be a punishable crime. If I would make it with mushrooms, instead of all the cabbage, I would get carrots and onions in and would brown the mushrooms, the onions and the carrots in some butter before I toss it in. And add some potatoes, that gives a nice soup for chilly autumn weather. And I would use spices and salt. And for a summer soup, I would use the cauliflowner together with carrots and brokkoli and maybe some thin noodles. And no thickening or butter, so you can let the soup cool down to lukewarm on a hot day. And if I make a soup or stew with cabbage, I also start with browning the cabbage, it just tast so much better. On of my favorite stews for winter is just minced pork or beef, browning with an onion and sóme garlic, than browning the cabbage, season it with salt and pepper, ad some water and cook it on low temperature until the cabbage is to your liking. Add some cut up potatoes. Ideal for the crockpot. And brussel sprouts taste the best blanched and than topped with breadcrumps browned in butter. Dear me, making a soup is no rocket surgery.

I feel like my roommate made a soup similar to this that was supposed to be a weight watchers and she said it was horribly bland. Reading about the seasoning reminds me about the joke that white people dont season their food. Seriously, garlic, basil, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, etc to choose from  and nothing? Just salt and pepper? I don't count the butter because maybe I'm wrong but butter really only has a flavor when it's salted. But maybe it's because my butter is cheap. I can't imagine it smelling that nice with boiled cabbage and cauliflower again. 

So skirts and dresses are cultural but nothing else in the Bible could possibly be related to culture? It's only when it's convenient to Lori.

And I'm sorry Lindy, most women have breast and hips that make it easy to identify them as female. You could put a man and a woman in a potato sack and stand them side by side and it would still be obvious. It's very rare to not be able to tell a difference unless some people cultivate a certain look (androgynous fashion models).  So a women is still feminine if she wears pants and cuts her hair short, her sex characteristics don't magically disappear. She just doesn't fit into YOUR definition of feminine which has no Biblical basis.

You know I bet if they saw a cancer survivor growing her hair back they'd judge her for not being feminine enough without knowing what she went through. 

23 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I feel like my roommate made a soup similar to this that was supposed to be a weight watchers and she said it was horribly bland. Reading about the seasoning reminds me about the joke that white people dont season their food. Seriously, garlic, basil, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, etc to choose from  and nothing? Just salt and pepper?

I went to my college roommate's home for the weekend once. Her mother served sliced tomatoes with dinner. There was salt on the table but no pepper. So I asked for pepper. All hell broke loose. They searched the cupboard but there was no pepper. And they had lost the pepper shaker that came with the salt because "who even uses that?". 

If I'd known, I would not have asked. But I foolishly assumed that maybe the pepper shaker got left near the stove while she was cooking or something like that. 

So just so you know for future reference: some white people don't even use pepper. 

(And that woman's food is all super bland as they find spices in general "too expensive".)

Spices can be expensive. And many dried herbs from the store just don't taste flavorful to me because they've sat for so long. That's why I try to grow and dry my own for some basic stuff like thyme, sage, oregano, Basil, etc. 

33 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I feel like my roommate made a soup similar to this that was supposed to be a weight watchers and she said it was horribly bland. Reading about the seasoning reminds me about the joke that white people dont season their food. Seriously, garlic, basil, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, etc to choose from  and nothing? Just salt and pepper? I don't count the butter because maybe I'm wrong but butter really only has a flavor when it's salted. But maybe it's because my butter is cheap. I can't imagine it smelling that nice with boiled cabbage and cauliflower again. 

Logically, I know that pepper and salt count as seasonings, but they're like the very base of stuff for me. There are so many wonderful spices from which to choose ... but we all know Lori is basic af. 

And butter is NOT a spice/seasoning no matter how much Lori wants to tell herself it is. 

3 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Spices can be expensive. And many dried herbs from the store just don't taste flavorful to me because they've sat for so long. That's why I try to grow and dry my own for some basic stuff like thyme, sage, oregano, Basil, etc. 

I absolutely love Penzey's, and they are always having great sales/deals with freebies -- full-size freebies. Might be worth checking out! 

14 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I grow and dry my own basil every summer, and it is amazing how much more potent it is than the store-bought stuff.

It’s funny, really, the only fundie woman we’ve discussed on here who had short hair was Erika Shupe. Her rationale was that the Bible only says that a woman’s head needs to be covered (1 Corinthians 11:5)... BUT 1 Corinthians 11:15 says “But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering”. I think Erika said that she didn’t suit long hair, or something; so it’s not really a Biblical thing, it’s a personal preference thing. She doesn’t have a shaved head, so short hair is better than being bald. If I was just looking at that verse, I’d say that long hair was a glory, as it looks more feminine (to fundies anyway), but really, any length of hair is OK, as the hair itself is a covering and caps/bonnets/headscarves aren’t really necessary. 

(There may be some other fundie women with shortish hair, but Erika’s the only one I can think of, and I would say she was less fundie now than she used to be, perhaps fundie-lite or just common-or-garden conservative Christian.)

I really only use salt and pepper on chicken when I'm going to be cooking chicken in bulk to use for a variety of things. And then I add other seasoning later when adding it to dishes. I know probably not the best or most flavorful way of cooking but it saves me time making chicken friend rice or pastas. But when I'm just making it for a single meal I put a lot more spices on.

But nothing really beats fresh spices and herbs. I used to have to take fresh basil leaves off their stems at a restaurant I worked with and loved the smell they gave off. And fresh basil on cheese pizza is wonderful. Dried basil really isn't the same. 

I can't imagine cooking without seasoning. Liking fresh herbs was a gateway to gardening for me. One of my favorites is our rosemary bush because of it's versatility. I like to put a sprig in to soups and fish it out (like a bay leaf) before serving. I use fresh ground in a number of things, from biscuits to dry rubs on pork or beef roasts.  In the fall its great on oven roasted veggies.

I also grow dill, parsley, sage, cilantro, basil, oregano, mint. The seeds of the cilantro plant is our coriander. Thankfully herbs are easy to grow and convinced me I could learn to garden.

At this time of year we like to have summer herbed omelets with a little spinach, tomato and goat cheese and some fresh berries occassionally for dinner or for brunch on the weekends. Not much work at all.

I think what bothers me most about Lori's food "mentoring" is that it never has anything to do with fueling your body at whatever size one is currently. 

And I think this relates to Lori's thin obsession - she wants to define other women's curves as sinful, so she labels things as gluttony or immodesty instead of recognizing that some women have very curvy shapes when they are healthy.

In fact, I would be surprised if Lori's lack of adequate nutrients had not exascerbated her health issues. She would look healthier with a few pounds and curves.

I use salt in everything but only sometimes pepper - sometimes black pepper, sometimes white pepper, sometimes red pepper flakes.  Black & white pepper are always freshly ground in our house.  So is nutmeg.  I LOVE dried ground cumin, coriander, oregano, garlic, paprika, whole fennel seeds...ginger, allspice, turmeric in rice....rosemary and thyme and basil I tend to use fresh.  Five spice powder, various chili powders, curry blends, garam masala and ras el hanout are common in our house.  I love spiciness but my stomach doesn't anymore so I frequently have to tone it down or I regret it later.

I've been looking for adobo but can't find it here.  I introduced Old Bay to my mother-in-law not too long ago and she loved it.  Very exotic to her.

Forgot fresh cilantro which is one of my favorites, I go through it like water.  Fresh dill and parsley and mint are also lovely.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived