IGNORED

Lori Alexander 51: Looking for the Transformed Husband

8 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

The whole "I'm not responsible for who's let into the chatroom" is such utter bullshit. She supervises that page like a hawk so there's no way she wouldn't have her hands in the chat room, she developed the rules, probably made the quiz, hired the mods, she probably gets a lot of requests directly as is the case above. So nope not gonna believe that. The literary god Bullshiticus is not impressed. 

Lori would never give up that bit of power.  If anyone believes that load of bullshit...well, I've got a bridge to sell! 

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love that she claims she has people running the page for her.  In other words, Lori is giving women jobs.  

Did you breath too much feminist air, Lori?  I am 100% certain the Proverb's woman didn't waste her day running Facebook pages instead of providing and caring for her family.  You must hate God and His perfect ways!  

10 hours ago, Frumper said:

This is one of the many reasons that the Christian patriarchy theology drives me nuts.  They always quote Paul to justify their subjugation of women, yet the stuff he says about it being preferable to remain unmarried so that you can focus on God rather than the world is somehow conveniently ignored every time.

Paul also says that he (his opinion, not God's, not Jesus', but his opinion only!) does not permit women to speak in church and a bunch of other stuff that the patriarchy culture eats up.  But, for a Bible believeing person, the Bible is supposed to be the word of God and He is to be followed - not Paul.  Or at least that is what I think.

24 minutes ago, Briefly said:

Paul also says that he (his opinion, not God's, not Jesus', but his opinion only!) does not permit women to speak in church and a bunch of other stuff that the patriarchy culture eats up.  But, for a Bible believeing person, the Bible is supposed to be the word of God and He is to be followed - not Paul.  Or at least that is what I think.

I could quote all of 1 Corinthians 7 but there is to much. If you read it it says nothing about a husband lording over his wife. They are equal. Women’s body is her husbands and his body is hers. 

Welp, she's managed to work Sourdough Einkorn bread into another Instagram post.  

Bonus points, because she reminded us that she always has a bowl of soup for dinner (just the way God intended, I'm sure).

Double bonus points, because that soup looks precisely like something that has already been digested.

Triple bonus points, because she put $14 butter in the soup. 

Dear Lori, 

You aren't the first person to make a soup during the summer.  I am making vegetable beef soup this weekend.  It's really not a big deal.  I'm going to eat it with Ritz Crackers, like a heathen, though.  Does it still count?

No, she just wanted to make Cassi, "feel bad, you know...".

I almost lost it.  I did shed a few tears.  I wanted to text her, "Where are the potatoes???"  Make her feel bad, you know.

Now that I think about it, making people feel bad is kinda Lori's specialty.  

3 hours ago, Briefly said:

I was taught that Paul's words here were meant to be taken literally in the time and culture they were written in, and by the people they were written to. All scripture is inspired by God and useful, etc., but not every sentence is a universal "command" like Lori seems to think.

13 minutes ago, Koala said:

Welp, she's managed to work Sourdough Einkorn bread into another Instagram post.  

Bonus points, because she reminded us that she always has a bowl of soup for dinner (just the way God intended, I'm sure).

Double bonus points, because that soup looks precisely like something that has already been digested.

Dear Lori, 

You aren't the first person to make a soup during the summer.  I am making vegetable beef soup this weekend.  It's really not a big deal.  I'm going to eat it with Ritz Crackers, like a heathen, though.  Does it still count?

No.  No, it does not. Ritz crackers are eaten only by heathens, feminists, and poor people. (Although if you slather some pricey butter on the crackers it will be a step in the right direction.)

Ugh, she has ruined the "tongue out -- delicious" emoji for me. Thanks a lot, Lori.

It felt like 105 here today. We do not eat soup in July. I am pretty sure I have literally never had soup in July. I have not made it at home nor ordered it away from home because feels like 105 is not an uncommon July forecast here. 

It was in the 70s in Door County, WI today if she is there. I assume lower temps in CA, too. Come down to Nebraska and have soup on a hot stove in the middle of July and we'll talk about how special you are, Lori. 

2 hours ago, Koala said:

Dear Lori, 

Had Lori made bread an idol?

We're facing about 10 days straight of 100 degree weather and it's never stopped me from making soup. I don't usually make heavy cream soups at this time of year but as long as the a.c. is running I have no problem with a nice bowl of vegetable soup for dinner. My soup doesn't look like stagnant pond water, though. It also has the added bonus of leftovers to freeze for another day. No matter what the weather, I can't stand vichyssoise or gazpacho. I despise cold soup almost as much as I despise the word Einkorn.

Now I want soup... A nice corn chowder with bacon sounds good.... Hmm maybe for this weekend? 

Also I gotta vent a bit cause I'm just having an emotional roll coaster with preparing for a new job, a new apartment, and such. But I was talking to a guy and he asked me what was important in a relationship. So I listed the typical traits (compassionate, faithful, kind) and then strongly emphasized that I had no time for strict gender roles and was egalitarian, something I find important in a relationship. He is a Christian, so this was kinda a test to see where he was in all this. He got cagey about it so I asked for his concerns.

Basically his reply was "who hurt you to make you feel so strongly about this? I feel like you're speaking from some sort of pain". And then he asked why egalitarianism was so important to me. Why wouldn't being treated like an equal be important to me and why wouldn't I emphasize that in a relationship?

It's common sense. And dearest goodness, I don't need to be hurt to desire that someone see me as an individual worthy of respect. Also apparently when I said that I had no time for gender roles I was being "negative" ( I was using firm language not negative). He also felt like I gave off the impression that I knew what I didn't want but not enough of what I do want. I gave a list of traits I found important and stated I wanted an equal partnership with someone who didn't leave me doing all the emotional work. How is that not stating what I want? When I asked him what he's looking for in a relationship me reply was along the lines of "it's not so much of a list, I'll be able to tell you when we meet" what? What? What? 

*bangs head against desk* Why can't guys just not invalidate or belittle what women are saying? What's so hard about this?

Also I might still go out with him because he's an "intellectual" and it could be interesting to talk about this further. He comes across as a bit arrogant and that brings out the INTJ in me which makes me want to challenge and poke (and reck a bit of havoc). So it would be entertainment to frustrate him. Never mess with an INTJ *evil grin* Am I a bad person for this? 

Anyways sorry for another long random post but I needed to let it go somewhere. And I felt like it falls in line of general discussion of misogyny. 

4 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Now I want soup... A nice corn chowder with bacon sounds good.... Hmm maybe for this weekend? 

Also I gotta vent a bit cause I'm just having an emotional roll coaster with preparing for a new job, a new apartment, and such. But I was talking to a guy and he asked me what was important in a relationship. So I listed the typical traits (compassionate, faithful, kind) and then strongly emphasized that I had no time for strict gender roles and was egalitarian, something I find important in a relationship. He is a Christian, so this was kinda a test to see where he was in all this. He got cagey about it so I asked for his concerns.

Basically his reply was "who hurt you to make you feel so strongly about this? I feel like you're speaking from some sort of pain". And then he asked why egalitarianism was so important to me. Why wouldn't being treated like an equal be important to me and why wouldn't I emphasize that in a relationship?

It's common sense. And dearest goodness, I don't need to be hurt to desire that someone see me as an individual worthy of respect. Also apparently when I said that I had no time for gender roles I was being "negative" ( I was using firm language not negative). He also felt like I gave off the impression that I knew what I didn't want but not enough of what I do want. I gave a list of traits I found important and stated I wanted an equal partnership with someone who didn't leave me doing all the emotional work. How is that not stating what I want? When I asked him what he's looking for in a relationship me reply was along the lines of "it's not so much of a list, I'll be able to tell you when we meet" what? What? What? 

*bangs head against desk* Why can't guys just not invalidate or belittle what women are saying? What's so hard about this?

Also I might still go out with him because he's an "intellectual" and it could be interesting to talk about this further. He comes across as a bit arrogant and that brings out the INTJ in me which makes me want to challenge and poke (and reck a bit of havoc). So it would be entertainment to frustrate him. Never mess with an INTJ *evil grin* Am I a bad person for this? 

Anyways sorry for another long random post but I needed to let it go somewhere. And I felt like it falls in line of general discussion of misogyny. 

Yikes! Don't do it! He does not deserve your time.

8 hours ago, Frog99 said:

I don’t mind soup in summer but that soup looks disgusting. And honestly, it doesn’t sound good. 

Seeing that soup  reminds me of going on an impulsive diet—the kind where I think “I am going to eat healthy and all my troubles will be immediately solved!” I go out and buy a ton of groceries and am passionate for all of 24 hours. The soup ends up tasting disgusting and the exotic groceries I’d never buy outside of an impulsive diet go uneaten and spoil. I never mention the diet again and neither does anyone else. 

5 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Oh go for it!  Who knows, maybe he has a "teachable heart". :my_wink:

I make and eat soup of all kinds year round, it's a major food group for me.  I actually think hers looks OK - to me soup never really bears close inspection, it usually looks kind of gross and pre-digested.  I make a lentil soup that looks so disgusting I'm embarassed to take it to work where someone might see it, but it's delicious.  I'm mostly just really impressed that she was able to brag about her bread without actually showing a picture for once.  She's branching out!

Mmmmmm...gazpacho. I was just thinking about gazpacho yesterday.  I need to check the supermarket ads to see who has tomatoes on sale. I bought a Vitamix last year just for gazpacho and smoothies. 

I actually had hot soup for dinner last night, a can of Progresso Tuscan style vegetable soup with white beans. I had a vicious sinus headache and it did make me feel better. Of course, I didn’t have Einkorn bread. I just threw in a handful of pieces and crumbs from the bottom of a Cheeze Its box. Damn, that was good. 

That quote about Lazy Lori crying and wanting to make her daughter feel bad for not bringing her something Lori didn’t specifically request defines who and what she is more than anything else she has ever said. Well, at least it’s tied with the poking a hole in her diaphragm thing.  That she actually announces both of these significant errors in judgement  to the world and not in an apologetic “can you believe that I did that?  I can’t!” way tells me she is not even aware of what an evil monster she is. She can study and preach (because she IS preaching) the Bible as much as she wants; girl ain’t getting into heaven. She might not even make it into Catholic purgatory. 

There doesn't seem to be a lot of protein in Lori's diet.  Lots of einkhorn bread, vegetables, but no protein.  If she gets injured or has surgery, her recovery could be compromised.

That soup, in her latest IG.  Holy shit.  I love brussel sprouts and mushrooms (baked in the oven, drizzled with oil or butter, and seasoned).  But that soup looks so unappetizing.   Boiled brussel sprouts can taste bitter.  I can't imagine what that soup tastes like. 

From today's post "Stop Enticing Men":

Without a doubt, the minds of women are more taken up with fashions of dress than any other pleasure.

Was this written in 1918?

I thought about clothes for about 2 minutes this morning - as I picked them out of my closet and put them on.

8 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

It doesn't sound very promising, tbh. A good man would've said, "Well, of course you want equality" or something along those lines. Plus, I hate to be invalidated so it would be a no go for me. . . and all this on the first conversation--bad sign, imo

1 minute ago, Momto2Princesses said:

I don't believe this for a second. 

20180713_101741.png

Really? This lady needs a video from Lori to learn how to throw veggies in a pot?

11 hours ago, Koala said:

Now that I think about it, making people feel bad is kinda Lori's specialty.  

She's the valedictorian in making people feel bad. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived