IGNORED

Lori Alexander 51: Looking for the Transformed Husband

2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

@Kencould you come over and explain your wife's vile behavior? Better yet, could you finally give her permission to join FJ. She reads here anyway, ya know!

Even with permission Lori would never ever post on FJ. Way to much criticism, no deleting of things that don't fit her mold and no leghumpers who do her dirty work while she is in the kitchen making sourgdough einkorn bread in a 6 quart dutch oven. She would loose royaly and that she can't stand.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, EowynW said:

I love Roy, lol! 

I love Roy also. He just might have inspired the thread title.

Just about to comment about Cora making all of her ridiculous, hateful comments but someone beat me to it. Seriously what the hell is wrong with her? I find it despicable that she uses the guise of telling the "truth" to be cruel. Just like Lori. 

If Lori had an ounce of compassion she'd leave the topic of infertility behind. Women have stated that it hurts them to read that topic and Lori has no biblical grounds to talk about it. Why would she keep going? Also the whole barrenness for sinful nations thing was completely unnecessary. To me that seems to imply that barrenness is because of sinfulness in general. But if Lori doesn't mean this she shouldn't write in such a way because it stirs up confusion. 

Also Philipia Rosalinde is schooling Lori hardcore about marriage. and Lori retaliates by writing another post.  I wouldn't be surprised if Philipia is blocked soon. 

image.png

@Sarah92, Was Philipa commenting on the "Be fruitful and multiply" doodle? If so, all the comments except one man agreeing with it all are gone as far as I can tell. 

Saw this on a friends page. Lori would argue that there is no "wrong man" just a lack of servitude. 

Spoiler

FB_IMG_1531352191066.jpg.28d2a8f24116d84b0a865d9e57e59595.jpg

Just wondering: Since Lori harps on marriage, does she not realize that getting married requires someone who wants to marry you?  Plenty of women (and men) are looking for someone special and can't find anyone. One can find a great person, but if that person doesn't return the feelings...

Back in the day, I knew a couple of great guys that I would have died to have to gone out with, but they didn't feel the same. I hated the "I just want to be friends" conversation. 

I know to Lori, marriage is a paycheck and sex transaction (essentially a hooker), but even then a woman has to find a man willing to be her paycheck and sign on for the deal.

23 hours ago, Curious said:

I have no comments on Lori.  She is still heinous and needs to STFU.

Crocheting talk, however!

A few months ago, I went on a crocheting bender.  I made a full size afghan for one of my friends in Australia, a couple baby blankets, a full size afghan for my wonderful DIL for her birthday, a full size afghan for my husband and because I liked the yarn I used for his so much (it was a test of the yarn), I made a full size one for myself out of the same yarn (super chunky, btw) for myself, then I used the scraps from both our afghans to make a little blanket for one of the chihuahuas that loved my husband's blanket so much.

Then my shoulder said, excuse me, but STOP FUCKING CROCHETING for a while please.  LOL  I have a trigger point in my shoulder blade (well all people do, but mine is active or whatever you want to call it) and it started to really bother me, but I was determined to get the last stuff done.  I have not done much of anything crochet since then.  I have my bag that I take when we go out to dr. appts since there tends to be wait time and I can't just sit still and do nothing.

I have tried the gloves, but noticed no difference.  The thing that helped my hands the most was to get the padded/ergonomic crochet hooks.  I have a couple different kids because I was testing them out.  I settled on these: https://www.amazon.com/Clover-1006-Touch-3-75-mm-Crochet/dp/B000QHF8ZE/ref=sr_1_64?ie=UTF8&qid=1531269949&sr=8-64&keywords=ergonomic+crochet+hooks

I tried the crochet dude padded ones and I really liked them, until the metal hook part separated from the padded part and I have to keep turning the hook to keep it straight with the handle.  Very annoying.   I saw a different ergonomic padded handle kind I want to try, but haven't yet.

Does anyone else get a problem with their finger where the yarn drags across it constantly or is that my super fragile skin being an issue again?   I can usually tolerate worsted weight and below dragging across my finger, but the super chunky was horrible for me.  I ended up putting a bandaid over the area for protection, which worked fine, but was slightly annoying because it was right at the joint making my finger unable to bend when not crocheting.

Since I'm off topic, I want to add that @Koala was kind enough to share her method of roasting veggies with me and I've had them twice so far. AMAZING!  They are so good.  I add red pepper flakes to mine because I like them a little spicy.

I love crochet talk!

I tried the ergonomic hook but it didn't really do much.  But I did not realize that I had tendinitis in my elbow, and that my hand was not part of the problem.

I do have the issue with my skin and the yarn, it has a name actually.  It's called a yarn ridge, there is a very slight groove across my finger where the yarn slides across.  It eventually goes away, if I take a break.  Which I should probably do more often than I actually do.

I did a lot of crochet last week when I was on vacation and then I spent several hours on Sunday working on a blanket I'm making for my MIL.  I'm forcing myself to stay away from it this week but it's difficult.

9 hours ago, Koala said:

The real reason Lori kicked her out, is because she's happy.  Lori doesn't like happy people- she likes suffering people.  I have even seen her say something to readers about not talking about how happy their marriages are, because it makes other women expect that same.

But going on and on and on about children being the reason women exist (because uterus!) when many women are infertile is just fine and dandy. Same with guilting women who aren’t SAHMs.  Apparently it’s ok to make women feel bad that they don’t have those options in life. Just don’t have any expectations about what a husband will bring to your life. 

She’s such a bitch. 

7 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

Even with permission Lori would never ever post on FJ. Way to much criticism, no deleting of things that don't fit her mold and no leghumpers who do her dirty work while she is in the kitchen making sourgdough einkorn bread in a 6 quart dutch oven. She would loose royaly and that she can't stand.

She's malignant.

I bought groceries this afternoon after work.  I couldn't remember the name of the butter she buys, but the store I was at sells butter and cheese from Ireland.  some of it gets really pricey!

8 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

Yeah; she's a coward. She likes to paint herself as a brave soldier for Jesus but she can only proclaim her beliefs to people who agree with her. She is neither brave enough nor smart enough to defend her beliefs to people who will push back. 

Fucking hell Cora sounds like a right bitch. Ever heard of this thing called "compassion", lady? Go fuck yourself.

Lori can do that too. 

Speaking of crafty things, I was asked to test knit a shawl this week. I got the pattern today. I'm so excited. This will be my first cabled project, too. 

On 7/10/2018 at 11:25 AM, EowynW said:

Lordy 

IMG_5395.PNG

That's some serious shade! Can't wait to use my ungodly 6 qt. Dutch oven later this week to bake bread for coworkers at my evil feminist outside-the-home job. ;) 

Okay I'm totally going off current topic but I know that the non-medically trained mentor enjoys giving medical advice regarding vaccinations. Well, I'm doing my employee training for my new job and because it's part of a hospital I have to go through a whole bunch of cleanliness slides and stuff about not spreading diseases.

Well For Hep B, an unvaccinated person has a 5-30% contracting the disease after exposure. Additionally, many people don't have symptoms but are still contagious.  Hep B can cause liver cancer and cirrhosis of the liver. Not a fun time in my book. What happens when a person is vaccinated? The risk drops to almost zero. So those who can vaccinate but don't are potentially harming a person who medically cannot have vaccines. That's right, unvaccinated persons are potentially killing those who are immune compromised. What do you have to say to that Lori?

Mini rabbit trail over. Back to regular programming. 

So if women are supposed to procreate then men are supposed to be helping with that process. So if a woman has to get married to do this it stands to reason that a man needs to be around to marry them. So does that mean that Paul was sinful for not getting married and doing his duty to a woman that had no husband yet? Shouldn't he have gone out and found someone? Or is okay for men to be single without diminishing his worth as an individual? Hmmmm

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

Okay I'm totally going off current topic but I know that the non-medically trained mentor enjoys giving medical advice regarding vaccinations. Well, I'm doing my employee training for my new job and because it's part of a hospital I have to go through a whole bunch of cleanliness slides and stuff about not spreading diseases.

Well For Hep B, an unvaccinated person has a 5-30% contracting the disease after exposure. Additionally, many people don't have symptoms but are still contagious.  Hep B can cause liver cancer and cirrhosis of the liver. Not a fun time in my book. What happens when a person is vaccinated? The risk drops to almost zero. So those who can vaccinate but don't are potentially harming a person who medically cannot have vaccines. That's right, unvaccinated persons are potentially killing those who are immune compromised. What do you have to say to that Lori?

Mini rabbit trail over. Back to regular programming. 

So if women are supposed to procreate then men are supposed to be helping with that process. So if a woman has to get married to do this it stands to reason that a man needs to be around to marry them. So does that mean that Paul was sinful for not getting married and doing his duty to a woman that had no husband yet? Shouldn't he have gone out and found someone? Or is okay for men to be single without diminishing his worth as an individual? Hmmmm

Basically Paul says to marry if you can’t control your urges and don’t marry if you can. Neither is sinning. He also says that both married men and women are to split their time between matters of the world, doing what god has called them to do, and matters of their spouse. 

21 hours ago, Koala said:

excuse.PNG.e370a8111b0bc8c1e54738e7840a9930.PNG

There are NO WORDS for this woman.  No words at all.  She is no kind of mother, and no kind of lady.

@Koala  I have words but I suspect they would have to be removed, even on FJ!   It is just downright cruel.  Stupid, evil woman.

5 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Basically Paul says to marry if you can’t control your urges and don’t marry if you can. Neither is sinning. He also says that both married men and women are to split their time between matters of the world, doing what god has called them to do, and matters of their spouse. 

This is one of the many reasons that the Christian patriarchy theology drives me nuts.  They always quote Paul to justify their subjugation of women, yet the stuff he says about it being preferable to remain unmarried so that you can focus on God rather than the world is somehow conveniently ignored every time.

3 hours ago, Liza said:

@Koala  I have words but I suspect they would have to be removed, even on FJ!   It is just downright cruel.  Stupid, evil woman.

Actually, unless it's a threat or falls under hate speech we would not remove it, even if it involved every swear word known to man.  The one possibility would be a language other than English, but again we wouldn't necessarily remove it, just ask you to translate into English (and you might get a warning since posting in English is a rule).

This almost sounds like a challenge, but I'm just imparting general information regarding our rules ;)

35 minutes ago, Curious said:

Actually, unless it's a threat or falls under hate speech we would not remove it, even if it involved every swear word known to man

The queen of profanity can attest that cussing is not censored on FJ.

20 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

The queen of profanity can attest that cussing is not censored on FJ.

My cussing has to be compartmentalized. I can cuss on FJ. I can cuss at work if there are no clients who can overhear. I don't cuss in front of my husband because he doesn't like it. I don't cuss in front of my kids because I don't want them using those words at their ages. 

My natural state seems to be cussing a blue streak, so I have to remember where I am! :my_biggrin:

17 minutes ago, Lisafer said:

My cussing has to be compartmentalized. I can cuss on FJ. I can cuss at work if there are no clients who can overhear. I don't cuss in front of my husband because he doesn't like it. I don't cuss in front of my kids because I don't want them using those words at their ages. 

My natural state seems to be cussing a blue streak, so I have to remember where I am! :my_biggrin:

Hub is retired Navy...he cusses more than I do. Kids are grown and suitably foul mouthed. Work, I mumble under my breath.

We had a beach potluck for 4th of July. It was scheduled for 7. The power went out at 2 and stayed out for five hours. No power at our island community also means no water because we have an electric pump for our shared well.

What to do? The nearest grocery store is 20 miles of country road away, and no one wanted to spend an hour and a half driving to get ready-made food.  One family has a wood cook stove, so they fired that up for the chicken and salmon. I put my veggies on skewers to cook over a camp fire. The grandkids made a fire pit and found driftwood. We put whipped cream and a peace sign made of raspberries and blueberries on a Sara Lee freezer cake for a red-white-and-blue dessert. Many salads appeared. Marshmallows were toasted. Sparklers were waved. A good time was had by three generations of old friends.

I was feeling pretty humble braggy about all that until I read what pioneer woman Lori accomplished with the wrong size Dutch oven and regular mitts, so far from home. I guess she showed me.

Reader:

I wish I had righteous women to teach me how to prepare for marriage.

Please accept me into your group. I answered all of the questions and did the quiz. Thank you.

Lori's response:

Hi Cora, I am not responsible for who is welcomed into the chat room but I will give your message to the women who are

No, Lori.  You are 100% responsible for what happens on that page- it belongs to YOU.  You're just a grown up mean girl, who gets a thrill out of making people feel like they aren't good enough to be part of your silly little club.

You claim to be a mentor, but when someone asks for your help, you turn your nose up and act like you're too good for them (trust me, you're NOT).

Lori continues:

Have you read Created to Be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl? She was my “older woman” who was the first one who taught me biblical womanhood since I had no older woman in my life who taught me either.

Lori, in the time you wasted telling her to go read a book, you could have accepted her into the chat room.  You could have been warm and kind to her, but instead you isolated her, by telling her that she can read alone instead of joining the group. 

Whatever you believe, please know that you DO NOT IN ANY WAY represent Jesus.  I'm an atheist, and even I know that.  You should be ashamed of yourself....for so many reasons.

29 minutes ago, older than allosaurs said:

We had a beach potluck for 4th of July. It was scheduled for 7. The power went out at 2 and stayed out for five hours. No power at our island community also means no water because we have an electric pump for our shared well.

What to do? The nearest grocery store is 20 miles of country road away, and no one wanted to spend an hour and a half driving to get ready-made food.  One family has a wood cook stove, so they fired that up for the chicken and salmon. I put my veggies on skewers to cook over a camp fire. The grandkids made a fire pit and found driftwood. We put whipped cream and a peace sign made of raspberries and blueberries on a Sara Lee freezer cake for a red-white-and-blue dessert. Many salads appeared. Marshmallows were toasted. Sparklers were waved. A good time was had by three generations of old friends.

That actually sounds fabulous!  

On 7/10/2018 at 1:05 PM, Imrlgoddess said:

So, how many times has she said no woman is called to do anything but be keeper at home?   How many times has she said there is no such other calling in the bible?  Ahh the truth does come out when she's not paying attention to covering her own lazy ass:  

Hide contents

678352808_Calledtoteach.thumb.jpg.3bbade03b85a99df445f7ccf86495f76.jpg

GRRR.  Lori, Let me explain to you how its done.  My mother taught public school during the day, took night classes for a Master's Degree twice a week, taught Hebrew School on Wednesday afternoons after school and Sunday School on Sunday mornings.  Afterwards, she would stay and tutor the kids who needed extra help ( and got paid in cash which she took to the grocery store.) Meanwhile she was raising yours truly (age 6 +)  .    Why?  Because my father decided he didn't care for a family and left.  I'm sure his 2 tours in Vietnam had something to do with it (plus after tracking him down and speaking with him a couple of years ago I concluded he's just an asshole lacking in character) Never saw a penny of alimony or child support.

Meanwhile, my mother sends me to a modern Orthodox elementary school because the local school was BAD.  (got a crapton of financial aid)  I "taught" my mom how to read Hebrew and she talked her way into teaching the little kids Hebrew class.  She got high praise for being such a good teacher when in reality she was one or two lessons ahead of the kids.  As a teenager I used to kid her  that I would tell the Rabbi.  After 3 years we moved to an apartment in a better town and after another 3 years she got a downpayment together and bought a little 2 BR house in a better town.  She even found a bank willing to give a single woman a mortgage (1977).  She worked summers at an overnite girls' camp and ended up doing quite well financially.    Oh yeah.  I ended up graduating with honors, going to law school, spending my Junior year in the USSR, got married and amazingly, learned how to run a home and cook, clean etc.   So Lori dear, your theories are shit.  The end.

The whole "I'm not responsible for who's let into the chatroom" is such utter bullshit. She supervises that page like a hawk so there's no way she wouldn't have her hands in the chat room, she developed the rules, probably made the quiz, hired the mods, she probably gets a lot of requests directly as is the case above. So nope not gonna believe that. The literary god Bullshiticus is not impressed. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived