IGNORED

Lori Alexander 51: Looking for the Transformed Husband

My brother's and my combined income is around 26K after taxes and insurances a year and we can live comfortably on it. But here is the difference, we live in midsize rural city in germany with reasonable rents and share the cost of living, so it's round about 350 € for each of us with rent, power and internet. The cost of our healthcare is allready cut from our paychecks and is nowhere near the costs in the US. We have decent public transport, my brother commutes to work with bus and train and while I could do the same, I can afford the luxury of a car. We are able to save some money every month for our different security cushions of repair stuff and the vet cushion for our doggie. But that's only possible because we have such a low cost of living here and no children. A friend of mine lives in one of the most expansive parts of germany and makes more than me, but has less at the end, because she has to pay around 1k for living a month.

And the vet cushion came in handy last friday. My poor boy hat gotten a piece of wild grain deep into his ear and the vet had to sedate him to get it out. All combined it cost me 86 € for the treatment. And while he lay in my lap to wake up from the anaesthesia, he peed on me. But mommy didn't mind that or the costs for him, as long as he is getting better. He also got the special threatment at home with extra cuddles and his favorite threats.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@klein_roeschen I am glad your puppy is ok!  That must have been scary for you both.

We are in a similar situation here in Belgium, we are able to live comfortably on about 32K per year (after taxes) because of our location and the state.  Our taxes are staggering to some but we don't have to worry about health care, the public transportation is great, roads and libraries are kept up, most schools and parks are safe and clean, the elderly are cared for, university costs are rising but they are still only about 500€ a year - from an American perspective it is absolutely worth it to me.  Of course there can be waste and corruption and spending where you'd rather it not be (the let's cut education to buy fighter planes to "box above our weight class" idiots, the kickback scheme making energy prices some of the highest in europe, etc) but overall I want to live in a society where as many people as possible are cared for and taxes are how you do that.  

I also can't stand the poverty olympics these people like to participate in.  They are lying, or their children are suffering, or both.  It's not great to have mom be a "keeper at home" if there is constant stress and fear and yelling about how there is no money and we'll soon be out on the streets and let's say a rosary that daddy will get paid soon because that's always up in the air while we scrounge for change to buy groceries.  I know, I lived it.

If a helpmeet supposed to help her husband anyway he needs her couldn’t getting a part time or full time job fall into that category? Yes  Lori you can work part time as a mother and take care of the home. My mother did it for years. And when my dad got sick and couldn’t work and she had to work a full time and a part time job she still took care of the home along with her three children. Sorry Lori but not everyone is privileged enough to just stay home.

And the comments went from 15 to 12 to 9 in the space of 60 minutes while I was viewing this about 10 minutes ago.  She's on a deleting binge.  Probably having a self-induced orgasm over deleting because evidently that's how she pleasures herself.  Now I'm going to my bathroom to barf over the mental image of Lori and sex.

Notebook doodle ... 

"Many today are easily offended ... " 

Oh yeah, I know someone like that. Her initials are Lori Alexander.

"Many show no love anymore ..." 

Are they cold and unemotional? 

"What happened to allowing people to have their opinions?"

Yes, indeed, what DID happen to that?

"WHY DO SO MANY HAVE TO SLANDER AND CRITICIZE THOSE THEY DISAGREE WITH?"

Like publicly posting pictures of your children's classmates because you don't like their clothing? Like gossiping about a friend's daughter because she makes (gasp) swimsuits you don't like? Like talking about your neighbor's messy house? Like blabbing about your parents' "bad" marriage???? 

(Yes, I realize the difference between libel and slander, but Lori clearly doesn't -- and I'm pretty sure the context of this is that she thinks she's being "slandered.")

Lori constantly criticizes those she disagrees with. The hypocrisy is strong with her. But of course she would say that everything she disagrees with is sin, which makes her disagreeing with it ok. I think wilfully ignoring and deleting the comments of those who offer counter evidence and/or arguments to expose your illogical reasoning could be seen as a sin as well, which means that, using Lori's own (non-)reasoning, it is perfectly legitimage to disagree with and criticize Lori's illogical, highly problematic, dangerous, and unfounded opinions. 

Also, Lori's hypocrisy inspired me to make another meme.

memelorialexander.jpg

49 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

And the comments went from 15 to 12 to 9 in the space of 60 minutes while I was viewing this about 10 minutes ago.  She's on a deleting binge.  Probably having a self-induced orgasm over deleting because evidently that's how she pleasures herself.  Now I'm going to my bathroom to barf over the mental image of Lori and sex.

Here are some of the deleted ones. She zapped them literally seconds after I got them.

Spoiler

deleted-2.jpg.8bfc4f21be64db00df5db5ad7a46bb22.jpg

Spoiler

deleted72218.jpg.4cc02c7be7872b33c9e5c0e7400f7a74.jpg

What happened to allowing people to have their opinions and leaving it at that?

Well, Lori, that's still totally allowed, in all situations I've ever seen. It's not going to stop pushback if people don't like it; unfortunately for you that's the nature of social media. and the only way you can stop it is by turning off all comments. BUT-- it's still ALLOWED.

But that's not what you do, is it? You don't just offer your opinions.  You TEACH your opinions as fact. As Biblical. As 'if you don't believe what I say, take it up with God,' or 'If you don't stay home/homeschool/endure abuse from your husband/eat $14 butter you must not love God's ways.' You call people who don't live exactly as you do, 'Christians,' casting their salvation into doubt, or worse, 'Jezebels.' You allow for NO differing of opinion, it's all the gospel of Lori and nothing else, as evidenced by your heavy-handed use of the delete button. 

So please, Lori, tell us--what DID happen to allowing people to have their opinions and leaving it at that? We'd love to hear your answer. 

Back to the KerryGold butter thing from yesterday. I have that butter and noticed it advertises "Grass fed cows" so I went to see about the claim they are fed GMO grains.  On an annual basis there is a possibility that 3% of a cow's diet is fed GMO grains. 3%!!!! And Lori acts like KerryGold should be boycotted.  SNOBS!!

https://althealthworks.com/4730/does-kerrygold-grass-fed-irish-butter-contain-gmos-and-should-you-put-it-in-your-coffee/

Bottom line:

Should You Still Buy Kerrygold Butter?

Considering that the amount of GMO material is so small and it’s such an improvement over virtually everything else on the market, this butter should be considered a much better replacement, until we have 100% grass fed butter available on a large scale anyway.

No kidding. Unless you are Lori and have a zillion dollars and can buy the more purest purest butter in the land. 

Nabbed this one before she zaps it, even though it was written by a MAN. 

Even true believers can be legalistic. We are instructed, rather, to be gracious to one another: “Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters” (Romans 14:1). Sadly, there are those who feel so strongly about non-essential doctrines that they will run others out of their fellowship, not even allowing the expression of another viewpoint. That, too, is legalism. Many legalistic believers today make the error of demanding unqualified adherence to their own biblical interpretations and even to their own traditions. For example, there are those who feel that to be spiritual one must simply avoid tobacco, alcoholic beverages, dancing, movies, etc. The truth is that avoiding these things is no guarantee of spirituality.

The apostle Paul warns us of legalism in Colossians 2:20-23: “Since you died with Christ to the basic principles of this world, why, as though you still belonged to it, do you submit to its rules: ‘Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!’? These are all destined to perish with use, because they are based on human commands and teachings. Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.” Legalists may appear to be righteous and spiritual, but legalism ultimately fails to accomplish God’s purposes because it is an outward performance instead of an inward change

Lori's proclamation that there is 2000 years of church teaching against tattoos intrigued me because for much of that 2000 years, the church was Catholic or Orthodox.

The Catholic church has no official teaching against tattoos. Our last priest, in fact, had one--a cross on his hand between his thumb and forefinger. I recall priests and nuns answering the question about them when I was a Catholic school student and telling us that the church is not opposed. (Then telling us they were ridiculous and never to get one--but that was their conservative adult in the 1980s opinion not church teaching and they were clear about the difference). 

I just googled to see if I could find an Orthodox opinion. What I found was a consensus that there is not an official church teaching about tattoos. I also found an interesting article about tattoos in the history of the church that says that very early Christians in the East often had them as a mark of their faith. Often a cross on the arm or wrist, much like our priest who was originally from India. Link: https://ssjgblog.wordpress.com/2017/02/21/tattoos-in-the-orthodox-church/

So, in short, no, Lori, you dumbass, the Church has not taught against tattoos for 2000 years. Stop making shit up already. 

1 hour ago, louisa05 said:

So, in short, no, Lori, you dumbass, the Church has not taught against tattoos for 2000 years. Stop making shit up already. 

Most of these idiots have NO sense of history whatsoever. They're just not thinkers, nor really intelligent. They make shit up as they go along. I know pastors with tats, I have friends with tats, members of my (rather conservative) church with tats. My pastor is against them but mostly because, as he says, "I HATE needles". One of his sons, who pastors another local church, has tats (same denomination). 

Lori's shtick is that everything SHE doesn't like, she claims God doesn't like. Presumptuous bitch claims to speak for God...does she NOT understand that's some seriously dangerous shit and often spoken against in the bible? 

I am so tired of this fucking bitch...she's a goddamn idiot and is seriously driving people away from Christianity. I don't think she knows the same God I do. Her God is angry, judgmental and vengeful. My God is loving, peaceful, accepting and wishes for all to come to him in LOVE. I think I know which one of us is right...

5 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Most of these idiots have NO sense of history whatsoever. They're just not thinkers, nor really intelligent. They make shit up as they go along. I know pastors with tats, I have friends with tats, members of my (rather conservative) church with tats. My pastor is against them but mostly because, as he says, "I HATE needles". One of his sons, who pastors another local church, has tats (same denomination). 

Lori's shtick is that everything SHE doesn't like, she claims God doesn't like. Presumptuous bitch claims to speak for God...does she NOT understand that's some seriously dangerous shit and often spoken against in the bible? 

I am so tired of this fucking bitch...she's a goddamn idiot and is seriously driving people away from Christianity. I don't think she knows the same God I do. Her God is angry, judgmental and vengeful. My God is loving, peaceful, accepting and wishes for all to come to him in LOVE. I think I know which one of us is right...

I knew that the Catholic church has never had a teaching against them. It became an issue in the Catholic school I taught in because dress code required them to be covered--which was because, unbelievably, they had had situations in the past where they were not school appropriate and "cover them all" was the easiest solution. Back in the early 90s, they had a couple of Confederate flags and a KKK cross, according to Mr. 05 who was a student then. (That town is a cesspool). When I was teaching there, some parents came in demanding a policy change on the grounds that the church does not object to them. School stood their ground, for better or worse, on just keep them covered. It meant kids had to wait until after graduation to get too many which I don't think is asking too much anyway as I think 18 year olds don't always make the best decisions about it. Something tells me that the boys who got the helmet logo of their high school football team tattooed on their biceps on their 18th b-days probably regretted that before 20, if not 19. (Although I suspect that some of those boys have grown up to be real versions of the guy in the Springsteen song sitting in the bar talking about their "glory days"). 

Lori doesn't represent Christianity. Lori represents Lori. Lori doesn't like tattoos so that's obviously how God feels about them in her mind. What is so sad is that there are people following her blog and social media who are convinced that Lori does speak for God on some level. 

And I don't like tattoos either. But that is an aesthetic preference not a moral belief. Lori can't tell the difference, though. 

3 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

And I don't like tattoos either. But that is an aesthetic preference not a moral belief. Lori can't tell the difference, though. 

My kids have tats...I'm not crazy about them at all...but I'm mom. They're grown and make their own decisions. They know I'm not crazy about them but...whatever. 

2 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

My kids have tats...I'm not crazy about them at all...but I'm mom. They're grown and make their own decisions. They know I'm not crazy about them but...whatever. 

My youngest son, soon to be 21, has three.  I feel the same way as you.  I'm not crazy about them either, but he's a grown man and can make his own decisions.

I have two tattoos and my mother hates them. I never wanted one until my dad passed away. I wanted to get one in memory of him. He had a tattoo on his arm from his days of getting high and working for money to buy pot. My dad was famous for starting stuff and not finishing it before starting another project. He gave himself his tattoo. It was supposed to say animal lover but hurt so much he only did animal. I spent three years deciding what to get in his honor. I ended up getting animal lover as my tattoo. The other one was on a whim but I think it’s cute. 

I cringe because one of my cousins "likes" or "loves" every single post Lori puts on her FB page.  She does't comment, but it's so obvious she agrees with everything posted.  Lori's family is doing her a great disservice by not intervening and getting her the mental help she needs.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived