IGNORED

Lori Alexander 51: Looking for the Transformed Husband

I went from community college through completing my MBA with no debt because I lived at home, worked and used tuition reimbursement from my employers. In 2013 I decided to pursue my doctorate. I now have a ton of student loans, but it is worth it to know I earned my doctorate.  No one can take it away from me.  I’ll be 87 by the time the loans are paid off.

Lori teaches women have no potential except as baby makers. The posts responding that God will open their womb is so rude she deserves to be force fed a piece of chocolate pie from The Help. 

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Koala said:

"Women weren't just made to be eat," women frequently tell me.  

Well, then why did God create women with a mouth, teeth, a digestive system, and the ability to poop 2 lbs. a day?  Was it not His perfect design for women to just eat?  

One might also ask why God gave men nipples, then.

22 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

One might also ask why God gave men nipples, then.

And really, that entire doodle could apply just as easily to men.  I feel like with that logic I could easily argue the following:

Men were designed to father children.  It's why God created them with testes, the ability to create sperm and (usually) a strong attraction to women.  It's why infertile men grieve so deeply.  They know they were created to father children but can't.  What could be more valuable and important for men to do than to father and lead the next generation?  No career can compare to this.  To ignore that fact is to ignore biology and the God that created us.  Ergo, men should not be educated, should not work, and should stay home to lead and discipline their children like God intended.  And with both parents obeying their biological imperitive to devote their lives solely to rearing children, they must trust that God will provide for all of their needs.  If a man thinks, hey, maybe I need to get a job so that we can eat, he is showing a lack of faith and a lack of devotion to his true purpose.

I'm infertile. 

I only grieve deeply because women like you, Lori Alexander, misrepresent my Lord and Savior by defining me as outside the will of God by my very existence.  Shame on you.

5 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Lordy 

IMG_5395.PNG

She suffered and slaved and sacrificed to make that bread. She didn't even have an expensive scale or the good oven mitts!! Lori was virtually cooking over a campfire like a pioneer. She really is a martyr.

eta: she's definitely reading here. She didn't post a pic of the bread and didn't use the word Einkorn. Apparently she can learn. Thanks, Lori.

29 minutes ago, EowynW said:

Lordy 

IMG_5395.PNG

Because the very first thing I did when my grandson was born was post pics of the casserole and spice cake I made for my daughter and son-in-law.

Lori let me answer this one for you. God gave women brains for a reason. They are to help their husband if they have one, same as a husband is supposed to help his wife. Any good husband will. But not everyone is meant to get married or they would end up married. Since not everyone marries it means that everyone has a purposes aside from being a husband/wife. You have to find your passion and what you are good at and go from there. 

D612E529-6684-41DD-B530-D59994BF5729.png

The whole women were created with a uterus post is old. She has posted this before and it seems like now she is doing it again to go viral. I had the fb page open with comments and it said 8. I had not read them yet, but then I accidentally closed it and when I went back it was 7. So damn, I missed a good one!

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

Lordy 

IMG_5395.PNG

holy shit, she sure likes getting passive aggressive digs in at her DIL everyone!

11 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

holy shit, she sure likes getting passive aggressive digs in at her DIL everyone!

NO SHIT. Inquiring minds want to know, Lori, how far did you have to drive to get to a Whole Foods or a Costco? Does your DIL even LIVE CLOSE to one? Can you get organic grass-fed $14/pound butter, or do you suffer the indignity of Parkay?

If Lori ever graced blighted my dinner table, I would totally serve Parkay with my homemade bread. Speaking of which, I better start on the pitas.

Just now, TeddyBonkers said:

NO SHIT. Inquiring minds want to know, Lori, how far did you have to drive to get to a Whole Foods or a Costco? Does your DIL even LIVE CLOSE to one? Can you get organic grass-fed $14/pound butter, or do you suffer the indignity of Parkay?

If Lori ever graced blighted my dinner table, I would totally serve Parkay with my homemade bread. Speaking of which, I better start on the pitas.

I would serve her lactose free margarine (kid with dairy allergies) with my Pillsbury French loaf or Schwan's frozen cheddar biscuits fresh from my oven. then again both of these are hot commodities at my dinner table. Maybe I would just give Lori a slice of the store bought bread we use for toast and sandwiches. I am so generous :D 

Speaking of Costco. I was just there and I can't go there now without thinking of her. I found hee Kombucha and it was a good deal for now as it was on sale for $9 something for 6 bottles, but regular price not a huge savings. 

5 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

It's not only their own lack of education, who should they do this with more than a few kids, a household to run and a husband to serve? I think that these whole fundy thing will be history in 1 or 2 generations, with maybe just a very few exceptions. And that's why they are so active in promoting that, because they have not nearly enough people going for this, to continue to be a major player.

I think so too- that’s why they lament the fact there are no large families- they feel threatened, maybe even jealous. That’s why they worry so much about what others are doing. 

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Lori let me answer this one for you. God gave women brains for a reason. They are to help their husband if they have one, same as a husband is supposed to help his wife. Any good husband will. But not everyone is meant to get married or they would end up married. Since not everyone marries it means that everyone has a purposes aside from being a husband/wife. You have to find your passion and what you are good at and go from there. 

I agree with you except for the phrasing of passion. For a long time, I thought there was something wrong with me- I have lots of interests- like a ton of diverse interests that have me in about 5 or 6 major roles just at my place of employment (and I love the constant switching and the million opportunities I have) but no burning passion like people describe. 

Someone shared a talk by Elizabeth Gilbert, sharing her perspective that some of us are hummingbirds. I just wanted to put that out there in case there are those amongst us who are reading and think they somehow missed out on some innate or intense personal passion. 

For anyone who is interested, here is the link: http://www.oprah.com/own-supersoulsessions/elizabeth-gilbert-the-curiosity-driven-life-video 

1366198637_Truethat.JPG.2a30f132632140e6be7c8bad64dc50ae.JPG

trailblazerls04 you speak for all of us.

This reminds me of the post Lori had a few weeks ago about getting along with a DIL and the post said "scraping the bottom of the barrel to come up with a compliment". Well here is a compliment for Emily - "Even though your kitchen gadgets are far inferior to mine, I was still able to create my amazing einkorn bread."

11 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

I do not know that site, but I will check it out.  I need a strong antidote to Lori today. 

The site has a link to their youtube channel - 24/7 livestream of their foster kittens! They also do closeups a few times a week as well. New mom cat arrives in about half an hour, I think. 

D612E529-6684-41DD-B530-D59994BF5729.png

I'd say to Lori S that if you want to be a mother you don't have to wait for a husband. If she truly wants to raise children she might be able to foster. Or pour into children at her local youth group. So often those kids need a little extra love.

But foremost I wish I could tell her that being a wife and mother isn't the only thing she's here for. She as an individual has so much to offer and give regardless of her marital status. She is an image bearer of God and her personhood is not diminished by not having a husband or child. 

I am quite well acquainted with Trailblazerls04...I even know where the name came from. TB is a wee bit opinionated (ha ha), rather profane and although TB has a good heart, the mouth gets TB in BIG trouble on a regular basis. I am curious to see how long that comment stays up.

Lori Schnabel’s comment breaks my heart. There are plenty of ways to contribute to the world and to find meaning and purpose without having children. Can’t lori see how much hurt and damage she is doing to people?

Oh my. Poor Lori. If she's real; well, she IS a real person, but if all she blogs about is real. How long has her mother been sick and dying now; 2 years? Why have we never heard from anyone who knows her personally?

I find it interesting that, in searching for spanking discussions, it's her posts that come up primarily. That's where I get a lot of candid replies of "I was spanked and______". I've concluded that spanking only really works when it's done very rarely. But my youngest nieces and nephews are a work in progress of how kids do who AREN'T spanked. And they're right now in the age range of where spanking is legal in Canada. Man; I love being Canadian! I wonder what Lori thinks of the Canadian spanking laws; spanking babies is out, and spouse spanking goes without saying that it's out. And I can't remember where she stands on, do you use your hands or any object?(no objects, according to the Canadian law)

5 hours ago, AuntKrazy said:

I'm infertile. 

I only grieve deeply because women like you, Lori Alexander, misrepresent my Lord and Savior by defining me as outside the will of God by my very existence.  Shame on you.

Things like the garbage she said about women/babies really make me angry.  We thought we were never going to be able to have a baby.  7 years.  7 years of having to listen to nosy people and people (usually other women) who seemed to know what we should do even when they had no clue.  Those were very hard years.  We were beyond overjoyed when we found out that I was finally pregnant.  Lori is awful, there is no excuse for the crap she says and this one is really infuriating.  I am sorry you have had to put up with her crap, you should not have to deal with things like that/her.

Okay folks,

I have intercepted a letter from Lori's DIL's mailbox. It was difficult to open, it was like whoever posted it had used butter for lotion, but whatever. I persisted in the felonious tampering of the mail and will transcribe the letter in its entirety- except for the smears of butter.

Dear Provider Protector Paycheck Ken:

I have safely arrived at our son's house. Our son is doing well, of course, because of the hours of training I put him through as a child. Despite the DIL being in her post-partum confinement, she appears to be of a good countenance.

Unfortunately, I despair of ever being able to replicate my Godly Einkorn bread in the manner in which God intended. DIL does not have a 6 quart Le Crueset Dutch Oven (peasant), and I was forced to make due with a much smaller 4.5 quart. Her kitchen scale was not as expensive and therefore not as Godly as mine. I mean, not as accurate. To add the gravest insult of all, I had to cut my bread with a KNIFE instead of a razor blade as the Godly women of old used. If I believed in confession, I would have confessed my transgressions unto the Lord. But I would never transgress, and so have no need for confession.

I shall be away for another 10 to 12 weeks. Do kiss my old, sick mother for me.

Yours because of the prenup,

Lori

p.s. There is a baby as well.

7 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Do you watch Kitten Academy on youtube? New mom cat coming in this afternoon! And the current class is at that crazy romping stage, so cute.

@Briefly I haven't tried compression gloves, but I know some knitters use them. I just wear a splint that doesn't let my thumb move at night for a few days every time it starts to hurt.

I had to check out Kitten Academy.  It's adorable.  I have a feeling I'm going to be spending a lot of time there in the future!

I tried the gloves when my hands were sore from crocheting a lot but they didn't really help me that much.  But I'm glad you found something that will work for you.

I have no comments on Lori.  She is still heinous and needs to STFU.

Crocheting talk, however!

A few months ago, I went on a crocheting bender.  I made a full size afghan for one of my friends in Australia, a couple baby blankets, a full size afghan for my wonderful DIL for her birthday, a full size afghan for my husband and because I liked the yarn I used for his so much (it was a test of the yarn), I made a full size one for myself out of the same yarn (super chunky, btw) for myself, then I used the scraps from both our afghans to make a little blanket for one of the chihuahuas that loved my husband's blanket so much.

Then my shoulder said, excuse me, but STOP FUCKING CROCHETING for a while please.  LOL  I have a trigger point in my shoulder blade (well all people do, but mine is active or whatever you want to call it) and it started to really bother me, but I was determined to get the last stuff done.  I have not done much of anything crochet since then.  I have my bag that I take when we go out to dr. appts since there tends to be wait time and I can't just sit still and do nothing.

I have tried the gloves, but noticed no difference.  The thing that helped my hands the most was to get the padded/ergonomic crochet hooks.  I have a couple different kids because I was testing them out.  I settled on these: https://www.amazon.com/Clover-1006-Touch-3-75-mm-Crochet/dp/B000QHF8ZE/ref=sr_1_64?ie=UTF8&qid=1531269949&sr=8-64&keywords=ergonomic+crochet+hooks

I tried the crochet dude padded ones and I really liked them, until the metal hook part separated from the padded part and I have to keep turning the hook to keep it straight with the handle.  Very annoying.   I saw a different ergonomic padded handle kind I want to try, but haven't yet.

Does anyone else get a problem with their finger where the yarn drags across it constantly or is that my super fragile skin being an issue again?   I can usually tolerate worsted weight and below dragging across my finger, but the super chunky was horrible for me.  I ended up putting a bandaid over the area for protection, which worked fine, but was slightly annoying because it was right at the joint making my finger unable to bend when not crocheting.

Since I'm off topic, I want to add that @Koala was kind enough to share her method of roasting veggies with me and I've had them twice so far. AMAZING!  They are so good.  I add red pepper flakes to mine because I like them a little spicy.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived