IGNORED

Lori Alexander 51: Looking for the Transformed Husband

5 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Here's my experience, as a virgin with little dating experience a lot of guys question it like what's wrong with you? Why don't you have experience? Are you a crazy person? It's not always easy for them to understand that I had other things to do besides dating or getting married. 

I’m afraid to tell guys this. I’m older than you so I feel like I’d get extra crap and guys weirded out. I know people who refuse to be someone’s first.

I need to go back and read this thread too (I haven’t really followed Lori)...but someone just posted the tattoo virgin meme on a Facebook group I’m in and was excited about my worlds colliding. I commented that the poster hasn’t even scratched the surface of crazy that is Lori. What’s a good summary of her? 

ETA: Thanks for sharing your experience. If it weren’t for FJ I’d think I’m the world’s only non-fundie virgin well into her 20s.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, AuntKrazy said:

@Sarah92  - I had that question about my virginity come up.  It wasn't something I normally brought up myself, though.  And I usually responded that I believed that sex should be in the context of love without saying I was a virgin; and that when there was mutual love, then it would be appropriate to discuss sex again. 

I'm sure it put some men off because I was not as casual as they would have wished, but it was the right decision for me.

Yeah, I’ve wanted there to be mutual love. Too bad the only time I loved a guy he broke up with me right after I realized it. I should tell him he missed out on the chance to get laid (but really my chance to get laid). I haven’t had a boyfriend since and this was college.

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I’m a virgin. But I’m not debt-free. I’m not saving myself for marriage. I just have self-esteem ishoos and find it difficult to befriend people, so as you can imagine romance is a non-starter (I have done literally NOTHING in that regard). I’m not going into all the details here as it isn’t relevant.

Yes it may be unusual for someone my age to have no experience whatsoever, but that shouldn’t matter. Everyone has to start off somewhere. The right guy will take the time to make me feel comfortable. If they’re put off by my virginity, then that’s their problem, not mine. 

I’m afraid a guy who isn’t put off by virginity will be like an ex-friend whonsaid he only wanted to be with a virgin (I stopped talking to him after he said this years ago).

Oh the world of dating and romance is complicated, isn’t it? Sometimes I think I’d be better off not bothering and becoming a crazy guinea pig lady :pb_lol::pb_lol:

WHICH ONE OF YOU TATTED-UP, NECK-DEEP-IN-DEBT HOOKERS DID THIS???? 

facebook_1531789236021.jpg.6aa38066c349dae2cfbe3cd6b3781ad5.jpg

Lori's post got shared in a group I'm in, and I just KNOW this was one of you! And I am DYING.

43 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Oh the world of dating and romance is complicated, isn’t it? Sometimes I think I’d be better off not bothering and becoming a crazy guinea pig lady :pb_lol::pb_lol:

There's literally nothing wrong with being the crazy cavy chick! 

Signed,

Fellow Piggy Lover

Well, this is weird. I don't officially follow Lori on FB, but I always turn on notifications for her posts. They've been coming so fast today that I can't keep up with them. But in the past hour, the notifications have totally stopped even though I haven't turned them off, and the comments are still coming. Anyone know why that might be happening? :my_huh:  (Clearly, I have no life outside of stalking Lori Alexander on Facebook!)

I'm blocked from commenting on all of Lori's social media accounts because I asked questions and quoted Scripture.

Today, I tried to comment on her new Facebook post. No luck. If Lori unblocked people like me, her posts will be viral definitely.

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

My reactions to Harry and Meghan’s wedding, and to a widowed friend’s new romance with an old high school classmate:  “How nice for them—but that looks like WAY too much work.”

5 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Ya know...with reference to all this "women shouldn't have debt" bs...what about him?  So OK, she's not supposed to walk into it all with a load of bills to pay, but what if he's got shit credit or high loan balances?  The first red flag with my ex (which should have sent me running) was that he had just been hit with a charge for bounced checks.  He couldn't open a bank account for a year when I met him.  (he blamed the ex-girlfriend) 

I guess she's supposed to overlook that and what...deal with living in squalor or drive children in an unreliable car so he can pay off his debt with the money he makes "for the family"?  I guess the answer would be she shouldn't pick a guy who's not financially sound.  So basically this is what I'm gathering with her collective bs:  

Lori seems to be fine with men having debt. I remember when she went to a wedding where the bride was in med school and she bashed the bride and other women in the medical field for going to med school and having debts. But, oh it's ok for Lori's son and son-in-law to attend dental school and have debts.  Also, Lori's son-in-law left pharmacy school so he may have debts from that. 

I don't think Lori knows how to handle debts. Whatever debts she and Ken had, he probably figured out how to pay them off and managed them on his own with little input from Lori.  Whenever Lori's fangirls sometimes mention debts or trying to loans or mortgages Lori stays quiet. There was a fangirl who posted about how she and her husband couldn't get an affordable mortgage for his income. The "godly mentor' didn't respond to that post.  

1 hour ago, polecat said:

WHICH ONE OF YOU TATTED-UP, NECK-DEEP-IN-DEBT HOOKERS DID THIS???? 

facebook_1531789236021.jpg.6aa38066c349dae2cfbe3cd6b3781ad5.jpg

Lori's post got shared in a group I'm in, and I just KNOW this was one of you! And I am DYING.

There's literally nothing wrong with being the crazy cavy chick! 

Signed,

Fellow Piggy Lover

I saw debt free non-tattooed virgin post shared in a Handmaid's Tale group that I'm in lol.

47 minutes ago, Joyce said:

I'm blocked from commenting on all of Lori's social media accounts because I asked questions and quoted Scripture.

Today, I tried to comment on her new Facebook post. No luck. If Lori unblocked people like me, her posts will be viral definitely.

Hey, me, too! Same reason. How long have you been blocked? A little over a year and a half for me. 

Blocked By Lori is a pretty good sized club here at FJ! 

1 minute ago, louisa05 said:

Hey, me, too! Same reason. How long have you been blocked? A little over a year and a half for me. 

Blocked By Lori is a pretty good sized club here at FJ! 

I haven't been blocked yet, but that's only because I have never even liked or laughed at a post or comment. The most I've done is turn on notifications for posts, which til tonight worked fine. Can you still see her page if she's blocked you from commenting? I don't want to risk losing access to at least reading her crap (not sure why, it's as repetitive as Groundhog Day! :my_rolleyes: ).

From Alyssa's Instagram:

Home from a wonderful time on the lake with both sets of parents. Loved being disconnected from social media life and engulfed in His beautiful creation 

I wonder if that was directed at She Who Would Not Disconnect From Social Media for all the money in the free world...

My parents hated debt but they knew that it was necessary. I don’t get why fundies are so afraid of debt. Debt isn’t all bad its one of the ways you build credit. As long as you can pay it off it’s okay. 

I'm still a youngin learning my way through the financial world but it seems like being able to manage credit and debt makes it easier to get loans when you need them right? I prefer not to have a ton myself, aside from school debt, but if I want a new car it looks like it's unavoidable 

"Men prefer debt free virgins without tattoos"!!

...sounds like something an auctioneer would say to start off the bidding at a sex trafficking auction.

1 hour ago, Carol said:

"Men prefer debt free virgins without tattoos"!!

...sounds like something an auctioneer would say to start off the bidding at a sex trafficking auction.

I don't think Lori is even aware that stuff like that happens in the US let alone other countries. And if she did, she wouldn't care because we apparently aren't supposed to care about justice, just baking nutritious meals and slathering bread on our organic grilled cheese sandwich. Oh and making sure we use the leftover grease to slather on our hands as lotion. That's what we should be worried about, not sex slavery. 

9 hours ago, delphinium65 said:

That post on FB is currently up over 1500 comments.  Has anyone seen sensible comments being deleted?  You know, the ones that aren't hateful, that make sense, the ones Lori can't refute, can't argue, and probably can't even understand?  

Yes! On her site, though, not on FB. Someone wrote in saying they generally agreed with Lori, and agreed that debt and premarital sex were bad. They asked her, respectfully, what was wrong with tattoos? Why did she include tattoos on the list, what was so bad about them? Lori deleted the comment.

Ha! When I married Mr. Kittens at 31 I was a virgin...but had debt from college and my car and a tattoo. Mr. Kittens was not a virgin, but had absolutely zero debt and no tattoos. Too bad we can’t swap attributes since according to LoriLogic  we’re doomed. 

OK folks, (sorry) I just checked out the post on Facebook at at least the current 30+ comments are snarky, and I am assuming, from at least some of you. :) I was a virgin, non-tattooed and debt free, living at home bride to my first husband. He was fundie and we wanted to kill each other about 4 months after we were married. So no, that is not an ideal way to approach marriage. As I've mentioned before, I speak my mind, am educated, opinionated and frankly kind of a bitch–although I am a very nice person when I need to be. First hubby missed out and didn't deserve any of that.

Current Mr. Puma was a sluttish man who had previously been married but also had many girlfriends. We worked together for a couple years and were really good friends and somehow ended up together. Ironically, we were both devoted churchgoers in our previous marriages but are now atheists. And, it's fucking hypocritical people like Lori who drove us far, far away from the church. I'd post that on her page but it won't matter to her. 

(side note, I am also OK with being a crazy turtle/rabbit/cat lady. I have a cat wrist tattoo to prove it!!)

@louisa05 I've been blocked from her chatroom and Facebook page since May 29, 2017 and from Instagram, YouTube and Twitter afterwards. I know the date because Lori messaged me.

@Loveday Yes, I can still see Lori's Facebook page even though she blocked me. I can't see Lori's Instagram page if I'm logged in, so I just don't log in my Instagram account. 

This just showed up on my twitter feed

Jessica Valenti is a Guardian columnist and has 230K+ followers - maybe Lori will go VIRAL!111!  

22 hours ago, Loveday said:

It's like she threw a bunch of different things up against a wall and went with the three things that stuck, even though they had absolutely nothing to do with one another. 

3-2-1   How long before she brags that the post went viral? That was her real intention all along.  She's been trying so hard and all the posting and re-posting of her first "viral post."  She had to up her game.  She just wants noticed and the unsuspecting fell for it by commenting, forwarding etc.  She'll be all humble-braggy before you know it. 

9 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

My parents hated debt but they knew that it was necessary. I don’t get why fundies are so afraid of debt. Debt isn’t all bad its one of the ways you build credit. As long as you can pay it off it’s okay. 

I recall some fundies saying that debt meant they were enslaved to the devil. Some fundies also have the attitude that all people with debt got in that position because they became addicted to spending because of credit cards. I recall Lori having some kind of anti-credit card post a couple of years back and she tried to imply that she and Ken didn't have any. At the least ,Ken probably has business credit cards.

Well, let's see...I had a car payment when I got married, so did the hubby.

I was a virgin 'till engagement (so I almost made it till marriage). The hubby wasn't  a virgin before me.

Neither of us has tattoos. I wouldn't mind a small one, but I'm too chicken. 

So her one post has 30k comments on it, some of them calling her out on her bad theology, most of them poking fun and mocking. Even her new post today has comments that all seem to be from people that do not accept their beliefs. 

I think she wanted to go viral (before she knew what it would entail) but for what purpose? She’s clearly turning people away from God, she stands to lose supporters, and her family can’t  as easily hide from or ignore the nonsense. 

I am not in the chat room but it looks like there have been 11 new posts today and her current membership is over 800. 

I am curious to see how this will play out. I pity anyone stuck with her in Door County. I don’t think she’s realized the impact of her actions and I don’t think she will be able to pull it back together. 

What I hope will continue with TGWS and 2.0- the unpacking of her bad theology and judgmental statements- along with healthy debate and discussion. I think those could be a forum to educate people and demonstrate acceptance and community (I don’t comment on either page but I do read through and have found the level of knowledge there to be helpful). 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived