IGNORED

Lori Alexander 51: Looking for the Transformed Husband

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mods, could you fix the misspelling of the Godly Mentor’s surname?

12 minutes ago, Hane said:

Done! I don’t always keep up with the Lori threads, so I totally thought it was intentional until you posted :) 

@delphinium65 and I would love to see Lori doing the household chores the old fashioned way. Doing laundry by hand, with only a mechanical wringer as help. Beeing on her hands and knees to scrub and wax the floor. Tending to a large garden and canning the fruits of the garden. Or go to the grocery every other day, because you don't have a fridge or freezer. Yeah, the good old days. I read somewhere that the invention of the washing machine did more women's equality than geting the right to vote.

1 hour ago, Hane said:

Hey you guys? Remember when Ken was here whining about our mystical GOGGLE TACTICS? He showed us several instances where his wife was mentioned unfavorably on Google. The problem was that many of his quotes were about LORI ANDERSON. 

He was so enraged with us, he couldn't even pick out his own wife's name in a Google search. 

Good times. 

have to deal with tendinitis in my elbows, caused by my crochet obsession.  I have to take breaks when it hurts and sometimes I go several days without picking up my hook and yarn.  Can you use compression gloves?

@Briefly, I feel you! I was working non-stop on a blanket for my parents and had to go into the doctor for some lidocaine patches. My aches manifest in my lower arm muscles for some reason. :confusion-shrug: (I think it was all the turning of the blanket.)

Why does Lori just assume that a woman getting an education "just in case" means she will have to incur massive debt?  I got through 7 years of higher education totally debt free - a combo of scholarships, working, and living with my parents for free during school.  Of course not everyone is in the situation to be able to avoid debt entirely, but I know plenty of young people who got through college with minimal student loans.  This idea that every woman with an education is burdened by $50,000 of loans that she has to pay off is a pretty crazy assumption on her part.

19 minutes ago, Frumper said:

This idea that every woman with an education is burdened by $50,000 of loans that she has to pay off is a pretty crazy assumption on her part.

Some of the many many  female doctors  who sobbed on her shoulder, telling her they wished they were home with their kids told her?   My guess.   

33 minutes ago, Frumper said:

Why does Lori just assume that a woman getting an education "just in case" means she will have to incur massive debt?  I got through 7 years of higher education totally debt free - a combo of scholarships, working, and living with my parents for free during school.  Of course not everyone is in the situation to be able to avoid debt entirely, but I know plenty of young people who got through college with minimal student loans.  This idea that every woman with an education is burdened by $50,000 of loans that she has to pay off is a pretty crazy assumption on her part.

You are right. I got my 2 year degree debt free from a local tech. school for cheap while working and staying at home with my parents.  When I got married, my husband was an officer in the Air Force, so he paid the last two years for me to get my Bachelor's.  Several years later, after I started teaching, I paid for my own Master's by paying for it class by class over 3 years. 

It's not hard. If you can only afford one or two classes at a time. That's all you take. 

I get soooooooooooooooo tired (I know, I know she's a one-trick pony) of hearing how because I work (or any working woman for that matter) I am neglecting everything else in my life. I am working out of love for my family because I don't want us/them to live in the streets.  No matter how much the fangirls like to brag, most of us NEED two paychecks....not just for fancy vacations, selfish lunches out, designer clothes, etc.  as Lori claims. Those things are sooo far from my reality. 

I have a husband, 3 wonderful kids (two in their early 20s, one in her teens) who are all well adjusted and don't feel neglected at all. We work together as a team.  I also cook "nutritious meals from scratch"  have a large vegetable garden, sew, do crafts, volunteer, clean my house, and spend time with my kids/husband as well as friends.  Am I tired sometimes? Sure. But SAHM moms get tired, too.   Its called being human. Life can be tiring no matter what path you take. 

This isn't unusual or the exception. This describes almost every woman I know.  We are not the selfish, caricature that Lori tries to paint all working woman.   She makes me so RAGEY!   I need to go watch kitten videos to calm down. :5624796b14ebe_cry1: 

re: today's post ... 

Why do I get the feeling that "beloved" when used in this sense basically means the same thing as the basic girl saying "sweaty/sweetie"? 

Because you know it's sincere all right ... sincere snark.

11 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

I get soooooooooooooooo tired (I know, I know she's a one-trick pony) of hearing how because I work (or any working woman for that matter) I am neglecting everything else in my life. I am working out of love for my family because I don't want us/them to live in the streets. 

In Loriland apparently food, shelter, and clothing are luxuries that we evil feminist women and our children should just do without.  

"Women weren't just made to be eat," women frequently tell me.  

Well, then why did God create women with a mouth, teeth, a digestive system, and the ability to poop 2 lbs. a day?  Was it not His perfect design for women to just eat?  

Why do you think God created women to get hungry?  Was it simply to give their mouths something to do, or did He have a much greater purpose?

Why do you think women spend so much time in the grocery store/cooking??  They KNOW they were created to eat!  

What could be more valuable and important for women than to eat?  Nothing else can compare to eating.  To ignore this is to ignore biology, and the God who created us.

-Signed, 

Wise Mentor Koala

(See how stupid that sounds, Lori?)

ps- It's nice that you were able to work infertility into yet another post.  And by "nice" I mean, "What a shitty thing to do when your daughter is struggling."

2 hours ago, Frumper said:

I think Lori reads or hears too many stories of people attending private universities and are left with six figure loans to pay off of.  Those stories tend to flood the media and some people believe that anyone who goes to colleges will end up with six figure loan debt. The Cortney Munna story was well publicized. Cortney was an NYU alum who had to take several federal and private loans as her widowed mother couldn't afford the tuition. The total loan debt came out to 100k. People had a hard time sympathizing with the mother and daughter because it seemed that they never considered community or state colleges. 

Lori hates public colleges even though Cassi attended a junior college or a four year state college  after Ken didn't want to continue BIOLA tuition. Public colleges in some states are more expensive than others. But, Lori doesn't realize not every state is extremely expensive to attend public colleges. Some states have scholarships that are funded by ebil lottery revenue. I'm suri Lori  hates FAFSA and pell grants. 

I attended a public college and had to take out loans. The debt was 12k. I felt lucky that it wasn't much compared to what other people have ended up with. In that video from the other day, Lori mentioned that Christian universities were very expensive, but she didn't bring up public colleges. 

2 hours ago, Frumper said:

My guess is, that debt isn't the problem, Lori couldn't care less if her leghumprs are drowning in debt. But an education opens doors, give posebilities and independance. With a degree you are more likely to leave a deathbeat or abusive spouse because you ar more able to care for yourself and your children. And you see easier trough the bullshit Lori fabricates. Because that's her problem with educated women, they don't fall that easy for her hatefull and destructive shit.

9 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

My guess is, that debt isn't the problem, Lori couldn't care less if her leghumprs are drowning in debt. But an education opens doors, give posebilities and independance. With a degree you are more likely to leave a deathbeat or abusive spouse because you ar more able to care for yourself and your children. And you see easier trough the bullshit Lori fabricates. Because that's her problem with educated women, they don't fall that easy for her hatefull and destructive shit.

Oh yeah, I realize she doesn't actually care about the debt, it's just her stupid talking point.  It's actually all about controlling women.  Don't educate them, make sure they never get any job skills and have several kids while they're young and they'll be completely dependent on their husbands with very few options.

And yet these women are supposed to home-educate their kids... in a couple of generations you’d end up with everyone being illiterate, but they can’t be illiterate because they need to be able to read the Bible/read dinner recipes/etc. 

43 minutes ago, Koala said:

"Women weren't just made to be eat," women frequently tell me.  

Well, then why did God create women with a mouth, teeth, a digestive system, and the ability to poop 2 lbs. a day?  Was it not His perfect design for women to just eat?  

Why do you think God created women to get hungry?  Was it simply to give their mouths something to do, or did He have a much greater purpose?

Why do you think women spend so much time in the grocery store/cooking??  They KNOW they were created to eat!  

What could be more valuable and important for women than to eat?  Nothing else can compare to eating.  To ignore this is to ignore biology, and the God who created us.

-Signed, 

Wise Mentor Koala

(See how stupid that sounds, Lori?)

@Koala   hahahahaha   thank you for that!   I needed to laugh because after reading that post, my head was really ready to explode.   Women -- reduced to their body parts. Worth nothing more than their uterus, ovaries, monthly periods and breasts. 

16 minutes ago, Frumper said:

Oh yeah, I realize she doesn't actually care about the debt, it's just her stupid talking point.  It's actually all about controlling women.  Don't educate them, make sure they never get any job skills and have several kids while they're young and they'll be completely dependent on their husbands with very few options.

I get the very deep feeling that Lori is enjoying the misery she teach to her fangirls and for no higher purpose than her entertainment. Also with her several doodles and posts about child beating. She just enjoy it, when others are in pain and it gives her a feeling of power. So enpower these women or raising children without abuse is out of the picture.

5 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

And yet these women are supposed to home-educate their kids... in a couple of generations you’d end up with everyone being illiterate, but they can’t be illiterate because they need to be able to read the Bible/read dinner recipes/etc. 

It's not only their own lack of education, who should they do this with more than a few kids, a household to run and a husband to serve? I think that these whole fundy thing will be history in 1 or 2 generations, with maybe just a very few exceptions. And that's why they are so active in promoting that, because they have not nearly enough people going for this, to continue to be a major player.

@Koala thank you for the good laugh, but now I'm really hungry, but my veggie casserole still needs time in the oven.

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

I need to go watch kitten videos to calm down. :5624796b14ebe_cry1: 

Do you watch Kitten Academy on youtube? New mom cat coming in this afternoon! And the current class is at that crazy romping stage, so cute.

@Briefly I haven't tried compression gloves, but I know some knitters use them. I just wear a splint that doesn't let my thumb move at night for a few days every time it starts to hurt.

Lori is absolutely miserable, and her only joy in life is making others even more miserable. She doesn't know what love is, so she can only understand the legalistic parts of the bible and misses the main point entirely. I'd feel sorry for her if she wasn't so horrible and hurtful to people.

I do have debt from college but you know what? It's just money. Yeah I might struggle in the future, it might be difficult but I feel like I've been paid in experiences. I've met wonderful people and got to study abroad in England for very little. My professors were awesome, including the wonderful, intelligent female professors that I had.  

They talk a lot about faith but what about faith in God to help pay off debts from education? or is that only reserved for having faith that God will keep 10 kids from starving on a single income?

@Alisamer I use compression gloves that help circulation and almost idk make my wrists warm?  Its like having a hand warmer. I enjoy them when I'm embroidering or I'm crocheting. 

1 hour ago, klein_roeschen said:

I think we have our winner.  Education=less dependent=ability to leave=SIN!!!! in Lori's world.  Debt is just the excuse that she thinks her acolytes will accept...unfortunately she's (mostly) right, they pretty much accept, agree, and praise Lori to the heavens for her 'wisdom.'  

I too have debt from college. I went to community college for a few years, three or four, to figure out what I wanted to do. I wasn’t able to pay for that by working and some money that I received. Once I figured out what I wanted to do and went for my bachelors degree I moved away and wasn’t able to live at home. Too far of a drive. I had to take out loans then. I have debt, and hate it of course, but I needed it to get my degree. 

So, how many times has she said no woman is called to do anything but be keeper at home?   How many times has she said there is no such other calling in the bible?  Ahh the truth does come out when she's not paying attention to covering her own lazy ass:  

Spoiler

678352808_Calledtoteach.thumb.jpg.3bbade03b85a99df445f7ccf86495f76.jpg

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived