IGNORED

Britain and Brexit business

AmazonGrace

Several ministers in the UK have resigned and it looks like a government crisis on the eve of Trump visit. 

• Upvote 6

I currently live in the disgruntled North of the UK, very little about the Vote Leave overspending was reported on the TV news yesterday and I watched several channels. I will be interested to see what the report tonight (it is my day off so I have time to watch).  To be honest I am unsurprised by this news given that the Tories overspent on the 2015 general election and were given a fine which basically amounted to a handslap and being told not to do it again. I will be interested to see what the criminal investigation turns up this time and how much of the overspend came from the dark money that both the Tory party and the Leave campaign have been connected to.
Even most of the Tories know that Brexit is bad news and cannot be made into a good plan. Anna Soubry even called out her party the other day over the fact that many of them have privately admitted that causing suffering to millions is "a price worth paying to regain our sovereignty". This whole thing has cemented my drive to leave the UK, I don't want to be around when the shit hits the fan.

• Upvote 5

@AmazonGrace regrettably it almost certainly was not. This is what my country has become. This is why I am trying to escape. I have no idea why people are not demanding answers from parliament after the last couple of weeks.

• Upvote 2

Real talk for a second here.

Now that they are saying that we will probably run out of food within 2 days and most medicines within 2 weeks here. I have a type 1 diabetic sister. I can give her my food but I cannot "share" my insulin. I am worried, please spare a thought for those of us who deal with this, we are the people behind the headlines.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

The Bannonman  rears his ugly head in the UK

Some guys just want to watch the world burn.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Shit hitting fan for fb.  Let me say that I love fb; it's how I keep up with all of my friends.  I hate what fb has done. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

On 11/25/2018 at 3:48 PM, Howl said:

Let me say that I love fb; it's how I keep up with all of my friends.  I hate what fb has done.

My thoughts exactly, I totally hate how the directors of Facebook seem to have avoided any real consequences for their negligence/criminality so far.

In other News, whatever happens because of this, it might finally be the destruction of the Tories. It's a small, petty bright side but it's a bright side nonetheless.

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I feel for British remainers and as much as I wish the results of the original vote had been different, they were what they were. A majority of voters wanted to leave the union. I don‘t believe that many of them have changed their minds. Let’s face it, there still is a group not only missing those golden days of The Empire but also delusional enough to think Brexit would bring them back. If their vote was to be overturned by a second referendum there is a good chance of violence IMO. They will be so bitter. They will never get over it. 

This must be so hard for remainers but I don‘t think trying to exit the Brexit last minute would be wise, even if successful. It is time for damage control. A no deal Brexit won‘t help anyone either. When parents divorce, they need to find a way to get along for the sake of their kids. When Britain and the EU divorce, they need to find a way to get along for the sake of their citizens. Some of the kids legitimately wishing for their parents to suddenly not divorce won‘t save the marriage. 

Edited by prayawaythefundie