IGNORED

IFB: I could wear pants, but Decision Theology was the deal-breaker

Khendra

Oh, the Donut Repair Club!  Haven't thought about that in ages.  Back in my younger days my family attended an Assemblies of God in Australia church (now rebranded as Australian Christian Churches, which is too generic a name imho), and the Children's Church Program had a library of appropriate books and videos for lending.  So I did see a fair number of Donut Repair Club videos, but I think I pretty much dropped that for Veggie Tales.  (And that was all on VHS!)

And now I'm having some vague memories of 90s Christian entertainment for children than I can't quite put a name too.  There was something about a sheriff in the old west and an evil gang of outlaws and a bunch of people got kidnapped and were being held in a camp somewhere and had to be rescued?  And there was a gunfight in a trench and someone got shot unexpectedly?  And the big bad outlaw leader had an eyepatch?  And I think someone's baby died of illness?  Or was that something else?  Also there was another thing (that might have been made by the same people??) that had two opposing gangs with motorbikes I think, and the leader of the evil gang was a sorta cyborg eye with some kind of laser eye gadget.  And I thing he was either related to or a former friend of someone on the good side... and they had to get him 'saved' which meant removing his laser eye thing because apparently if you're a good person you can't have a laser eye?

So 90s.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, CyborgKin said:

here was something about a sheriff in the old west and an evil gang of outlaws and a bunch of people got kidnapped and were being held in a camp somewhere and had to be rescued?  And there was a gunfight in a trench and someone got shot unexpectedly?  And the big bad outlaw leader had an eyepatch?  And I think someone's baby died of illness?  Or was that something else?  Also there was another thing (that might have been made by the same people??) that had two opposing gangs with motorbikes I think, and the leader of the evil gang was a sorta cyborg eye with some kind of laser eye gadget.  And I thing he was either related to or a former friend of someone on the good side... and they had to get him 'saved' which meant removing his laser eye thing because apparently if you're a good person you can't have a laser eye?

Could they have been Last Chance Detectives? They were done by Focus on the Family. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/16/2018 at 8:50 AM, formergothardite said:

Could they have been Last Chance Detectives? They were done by Focus on the Family. 

No it wasn't set in contemporary times.

Also wow, 4:3 video!  It's been a long time...

Archived