IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren Part 9: Where Are They Honeymooning?

Coconut Flan

They almost front hugged. NIKE. Makes me wonder if they have front hugged in the past, because it seemed natural. I've been defrauded.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She actually put "be your helpmeet" in her vows. ugh. Otherwise I found her very likable the more I got to actually see her. 

Lauren's dad (the officiant, onstage at the wedding): Lauren and Josiah, you are beautiful.

Josiah (quickly interrupting into the mic): I'm handsome, she's beautiful.

Fragile masculinity, much? :pb_rollseyes:

(ETA: Not trying to imply anything about his sexuality; it's just annoying that he's so offended by the word "beautiful.")

Part 1

- TH: Josiah and Lauren stare at each other with bedroom eyes while talking about looking forward to meeting at the altar. One of the production guys tells them to get a room.

- At the TTH: They front hug & Lauren's mom says "No front hugs!" Josiah says they're saving their first kiss for marriage and it's been really hard. Miss Cindy is doing the decorating, again. She's asked for baby pictures.

-TH: Josiah's always been the talkative and playful one. He's gotten quieter and more mature since meeting Lauren, though.

- Lauren's mom used to scrapbook, but stopped after having three kids. 

- TH: Lauren is very precious, steady and a gem. She's #1 of 9. 

- Josiah and Lauren were getting to know each other at Joe and Kendra's wedding, and Miss Cindy often put them together for decorating projects

- Lauren TH: They've been together for a total of 9 months. Friends, courtship for 6 weeks, and then a 4 month engagement. 

The Wedding Day

- Lauren's getting her makeup done. Josiah has on hamburger socks and the rest of the groomsmen have various food socks.

- Lauren tells her mom she isn't nervous. Her mom starts talking and Lauren doesn't seem very interested in what she has to say.

- Joe is the best man and gives Josiah some advice. It seems very staged. Josiah is looking forward to the kiss and driving away.

- Lauren does a first look with her dad (who is also officiating the wedding). He gets teary eyed. The exchange reminds me a lot of Kendra with her dad. 

- And now, for the grand entrance... Josiah looks teary before he even sees her.

My favorite thing was when Josiah says that he has the rings, and she says, “that was my idea.” Clearly, she was not having it with the pranks. Good for her, I think it speaks somewhat well that at least he gave her the wedding she wanted.

9 minutes ago, SorenaJ said:

Does anyone have a link for non-US people to watch?

There’s this YouTube channel that has posted the TLCgo specials. With Garret’s birth they posted it the same day, but they could also take a few days. As soon as I see the upload I’ll link it. 

27 minutes ago, PigtailHeadband said:

She actually put "be your helpmeet" in her vows. ugh. Otherwise I found her very likable the more I got to actually see her. 

Ew. :thumbsdown3:

That word just pisses me off. 

25 minutes ago, TakingBibleClasses said:

Lauren's dad (the officiant, onstage at the wedding): Lauren and Josiah, you are beautiful.

Really? I was surprised earlier when people said he remind them of Josh. (Disclaimer, haven't seen any recent videos; I don't like to give them clicks). I will say the first time I EVER saw Josh it was one of the early specials . He was probably around 15, doing a talking head about how they sing in the bus. I thought he was so smug and smarmy. I immediately disliked him.  I remember Josiah as a sweet boy. It makes me sad he could be like Smuggar, but that moment gives me pause. 

Also sounds like something OfJill would say.

Part 2

- Lauren's Dad (Dwain), "[You two] are beautiful." Josiah, "I'm handsome, she's beautiful."

- Dwain talks about how honored he is to officiate the wedding. Talks about how marriage is a covenant.

- Josiah's vows: "I vow to be your friend, provider & protector." Pretty standard vows, but no mention of leaving the number of kids up to God. He does say "IF the Lord blesses us with children..."

- Lauren's vows: "I commit to be your help meet, your cheerleader, your lover, your best friend, and your closest confidant. If the Lord chooses to bless us with children... blah blah raising them as Christians." She gets really intense when she talks about using their marriage to demonstrate the Lord, or something. 

- Dwain asks for the rings. Josiah actually kept them himself, to prevent shenanigans. Lauren says it was her idea, so apparently she isn't ok with a lot of pranks on her wedding day. Dwain talks about the purity of the rings symbolizing the purity of their union (???)

- They exchange the rings, and we get a shot of JD and Abbie in the audience. The parents all come up and pray over the bride and groom.

- They're pronounced husband and wife. Josiah asks, "Can I kiss her, Dad?" Dwain laughs  and gives them the go ahead. They are both legit moaning during the kiss and Dwain says "Woah" afterwords. Josiah picks her up and carries her down the aisle.

The end.

On 7/16/2018 at 4:53 PM, fundiesfordays said:

I don't hate Michelle's dress, but I don't like it on her. I wouldn't wear it, but that's because I know it wouldn't be flattering on my figure. I believe part of the problem is that the dress appears about two sizes too large. A dress like that isn't going to look good on anyone if it isn't a proper fit. I still like it better than the tin man dress.

I actually like the tinman dress itself.  I have one similar to it in style (not silver, but in a pretty boho pattern) and always get compliments when I wear it.  Of course, I don't screw it up with a stupid ascot/ scarf/ fichu in my neckline and a bolero jacket over the top....

As for this latest dress, I'm standing by it looking ghastly on her.  I am not body shaming her (she and I are of similar height, weight, age and boobage), but she is simply not built for that style of dress.  

I think what I hated about Michelle's dress was the ruffles on the sleeves. Like - had it just been a straight sleeve - or a sleeve with a cuff - it might have been better.

11 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

- They're pronounced husband and wife. Josiah asks, "Can I kiss her, Dad?" Dwain laughs  and gives them the go ahead. They are both legit moaning during the kiss and Dwain says "Woah" afterwords. Josiah picks her up and carries her down the aisle.

The end.

Moaning? Maybe there is more to Lauren then we thought. 

23 minutes ago, TakingBibleClasses said:

(ETA: Not trying to imply anything about his sexuality; it's just annoying that he's so offended by the word "beautiful.")

It sounded to me like he was just making a joke. He made a couple other jokey comments too. That seems to be his personality.

- 1- love her dress and the whole look the more I see it.

- 2- Her mom’s dress is gorgeous. Michelle’s is better on film, but a little longer and a slight scoop At the neck really would of looked better.

-3- they Wrote their own vows, together. His focused on “ protect, provide” hers on “ cheerleader, helpmeet” - both on best friend, care for children, good times and bad, etc...

-4- Big, BIG kiss. Another big kiss after the “mr and Mrs “ announcement. Did that weird running down the aisle thing BUT with the embellishment of him carrying her .  That was actually impressive - especially with that long veil - easily could of face planted.

-5- I hope they’re happy. Slam away, but he did not look it, to me.

2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

Moaning? Maybe there is more to Lauren then we thought. 

Maybe moaning is a little bit too strong of a word, but they were definitely into it. I think her dad was bit scandalized. :pb_lol:

Maybe that lamb is a tiger after all! Love it! Go show that Duggar boy how to “righteously pursue” those urges girl ;)

I will say, the look JD is giving her in that second photo is pretty sweet. He looks genuinely smitten with her. 

36 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

So... creepiest Duggar couple yet?

you mean Josiah and Lauren or Lauren and her father because that first look at the dress between Lauren and her dad really creeped me out. 

21 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Damn girl unclench! He ain’t going anywhere! Also Abbie is giving the “Look” to someone or something :)

damn she looks evil in those pictures. yikes. 

20 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Damn girl unclench! He ain’t going anywhere! Also Abbie is giving the “Look” to someone or something :)

That is the fundy "back off fuckers he's mine" look. 

I think they're more than courting. Why would you put a corsage on the "courting" person of your brother. UNLESS it was more than that...

5 minutes ago, VelociRapture said:

I will say, the look JD is giving her in that second photo is pretty sweet. He looks genuinely smitten with her. 

That was during the vows (or at least edited to look that way), right after "to have and to hold." I'm sure there will be another Duggar wedding very soon.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived