IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace Engaged 2: Planes, petals, and proposals

Georgiana

From what I recall Jinjer joked they wanted to fast track to marriage and JB made a cringing comment that they can wait to swap spit. There was no talk of wanting to kiss pre-wedding.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

@Taylurker @Ivycoveredtower

Yes, it is officially confirmed that Zach and Whitney kissed before marriage . This was stated on one of the early Bates epsiodes.

To my knowledge Jinjer did not kiss before the wedding (not sure if this has been confirmed) but wanted to as a part of the courtship stipulations. On the show, Jim Bob says something to the fact that he does not believe Jeremy was ready to be swapping kisses with Jinger when they were talking about their courtship plans. I think it's the same episode where they met up with Jeremy's parents. It may have been a pre-engagement meeting. My mind has fogged on the details. It was never confirmed that they asked only implied. So it's not law. Others may interpret differently.

BL, no pre-marriage kissing for Jinjer that we know of.

Bless you, you phrased it more tastefully than JB. I believe he went with "swapping spit." I'm sorry, why the hell does he have a say in it? If the couples want to kiss before marriage and they "set their own courtship rules" as I have heard sooo many times before, then this should not even be up for discussion. Jinger and Jeremy should kiss away.

I don't think there was ever any indication that Jeremy and Jinger wanted to/asked to kiss before marriage. Jim Bob also humped Michelle on a mini golf course while on a double date with Jessa and Ben before they were married while saying, "You can't do this yet!" - does that mean Ben must've asked Jim Bob for permission to hump Jessa in public before marriage?

I guess a lot of the "they're clearly so in love and know each other inside out" is coming from comparison with the general Duggar awkward AF announcements, and generally awful "love" stories.  In the @VelociRapture spirit of low expectations, the most I'm hoping for is that they are allowed to live away from the compound, have fewer than 9 kids, and have been allowed to at least talk privately on the phone/skype. 

I get that people are hoping Abbie will "rescue" him, and they don't really hold their publicly professed beliefs - but I was confused as to why people thought Majorie would free Josiah, and now am confused at what Abbie is meant to do to change JD, while she's under his headship? She's a fundy maiden with a bit more real world experience than the Duggars and their teenaged brides, but that's a low bar, and there's no evidence at all that she wants anything other than Fundy Patriarchy.

It's also worth hammering home that sure, JD looks more happy and animated than he has in the past, but that's another very low bar.  The fact he's looking like he's got a real smile in professional photos and carefully curated media just demonstrates how crappy his life has been in general.

Catalina? That's a variation of my real name.

But,sorry...Catalina and Caprice are girls names but before I knew that,I knew both as the model of a car.

Catalina? That's a variation of my real name.

But,sorry...Catalina and Caprice are girls names but before I knew that,I knew both as the model of a car.

I think Mercedes,is too.

The angle this photo is shot makes Abbie look like a child. It's creepy.

tumblr_pchii8jNQJ1r9t2zdo1_1280.jpg

Wow, good for them!!! 

I go on vacation...expected the Jingerbaby, but these guys just couldn't wait until I got back..... So much to catch up on!

1 hour ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Bless you, you phrased it more tastefully than JB. I believe he went with "swapping spit." I'm sorry, why the hell does he have a say in it? If the couples want to kiss before marriage and they "set their own courtship rules" as I have heard sooo many times before, then this should not even be up for discussion. Jinger and Jeremy should kiss away.

I would believe the Bates kids have some leeway in their courting rules (Some not much don't get me wrong) because we have seen differences in the courting from couple to couple. the Duggar's are just wash and repeat the same. 

43 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

The angle this photo is shot makes Abbie look like a child. It's creepy.

tumblr_pchii8jNQJ1r9t2zdo1_1280.jpg

All I can think when I see this photo is he will never get the red out of his pants.   I fear I am not romantic.

There are going to be SO many Duggar babies in 2019 it's not even funny.

Conceivably (pun intended) we could see each Duggar daughter/-in-law have a baby in 2019. To me, Lauren, Abbie, Jessa and Anna are sure bets, you'd make no money in Vegas. Jill, Kendra and Joy may make you a buck or two and slightly longer odds on Jinger.

2 hours ago, TatiFish9 said:

@Taylurker @Ivycoveredtower

Yes, it is officially confirmed that Zach and Whitney kissed before marriage . This was stated on one of the early Bates epsiodes.

To my knowledge Jinjer did not kiss before the wedding (not sure if this has been confirmed) but wanted to as a part of the courtship stipulations. On the show, Jim Bob says something to the fact that he does not believe Jeremy was ready to be swapping kisses with Jinger when they were talking about their courtship plans. I think it's the same episode where they met up with Jeremy's parents. It may have been a pre-engagement meeting. My mind has fogged on the details. It was never confirmed that they asked only implied. So it's not law. Others may interpret differently.

BL, no pre-marriage kissing for Jinjer that we know of.

I'll never understand why two grown adults would let their parents dictate whether or not they can KISS each other. :pensive:

3 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

From what I recall Jinjer joked they wanted to fast track to marriage and JB made a cringing comment that they can wait to swap spit. There was no talk of wanting to kiss pre-wedding.

Jim Bob said he didn't think they were ready to kiss, but you're right in that he was talking about kissing after marriage. 

JD and Abbie’s engagement looked adorable! I’m just sad the show’s viewers have to suffer through the Siren courtship before getting to JD and Abbie’s.

This Duggar baby boom next year is going to be crazy! My predictions:

Jessa/Ben: March 2019

Josiah/Lauren: April 2019

Joe/Kendra: August 2019

JD/Abbie: September 2019

Joy/Austin: October 2019

Anna: November 2019

Jill: November 2019

I doubt Jinger will give birth in 2019. If she does, it would be at the very end of the year.

10 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

JD and Abbie’s engagement looked adorable! I’m just sad the show’s viewers have to suffer through the Siren courtship before getting to JD and Abbie’s.

This Duggar baby boom next year is going to be crazy! My predictions:

Jessa/Ben: March 2019

Josiah/Lauren: April 2019

Joe/Kendra: August 2019

JD/Abbie: September 2019

Joy/Austin: October 2019

Anna: November 2019

Jill: November 2019

I doubt Jinger will give birth in 2019. If she does, it would be at the very end of the year.

so you don't think there is a pregnancy gap?  I hope your wrong.  I'm still hoping Jessa makes it out of 2018 . . . just 5 more months

2 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I would believe the Bates kids have some leeway in their courting rules (Some not much don't get me wrong) because we have seen differences in the courting from couple to couple. the Duggar's are just wash and repeat the same. 

Do you think the Duggars are more rigid or are the Bates more open about their deviations because it is apart of their branding?

I am starting to wonder if the Duggar couple timelines are questionable because the kidults delay alerting their parents of their interests to give a little wiggle room of freedom before the scruntiy and aggressive chaperoning begins.

6 minutes ago, TatiFish9 said:

Do you think the Duggars are more rigid or are the Bates more open about their deviations because it is apart of their branding?

I am starting to wonder if the Duggar couple timelines are questionable because the kidults delay alerting their parents of their interests to give a little wiggle room of freedom before the scruntiy and aggressive chaperoning begins.

I think it's a little of both. the branding for the bates and also them being more lenient as time goes by

On 7/25/2018 at 4:37 PM, CarrotCake said:

A wedding for JD is a more interesting accouncement than a third pregancy for Jessa or whatever.

But maybe it’s twins ... or they are adopting. Announcing they’re actually preventing because they are happy with their little ones as is would bring in way more attention then a pregnancy. 

On 7/25/2018 at 6:24 PM, candygirl200413 said:

When the rapture is actually going to happen now

Maybe it did and we just didn’t notice because we don’t know any raptured people. There were probably just a few worthy of being taken. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived