IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace Engaged 2: Planes, petals, and proposals

Georgiana

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh yeah, this wedding is happening *soon*.  I originally thought Christmastime, but now I'm thinking October.  Engagement announcement after Baby Vuolo is born.  

Their teeth look okay. They don’t look too much alike to me either. They have similar skin/hair/eye coloring, hair texture, and maybe short, recessed chins, but their shape of face and features are different. Her skin is more naturally golden and even, whereas he used to have a pinkish pasty white uneven skin tone and what looked like a chronic sunburn. It looks like he has grown out of that. His skin is looking good, a little darker than before, and more even toned. Maybe he started using sunscreen? 

His nose is small, flat, and wide. Hers is long and bulbous. His face is square and his cheekbones are high. Hers is oval with more pronounced jowls. She has big teeth and small lips. He has small teeth and big, red lips. He has the same lips as Jessa. They look pretty on a girl, but I actually thought they detracted from JD’s overall looks. The beard balances out his full, red lips, and the little bit of suntan is helping, too. 

I never thought Josh or JD were particularly attractive. Josh looks like a fetus to me, and not in a cute way. JD was pasty with those oversized red lips, but he is becoming more attractive as he ages. I think Joe and Jer are very cute in a frat boy way. (I feel a little sick typing that.) Josiah and Jed have classic good looks. There isn’t anything on their faces that I would say a cosmetic surgeon needs to fix. 

I don’t really know what the other lost boys or lost girls look like, but the five eldest girls are all pretty, IMO. It’s astonishing to me how attractive the Duggars turned out because I don’t think Jim Bob has one attractive bone in his entire body. Even the kids who resemble him most are fairly attractive. 

...and of course, it goes without saying, they still have ugly beliefs...

Yeah... I just thought their smiles looked similar, I'm not analyzing their bulbous noses or pronounced jowls. :pb_lol: (Seriously, that is a harsh way to describe Abbie!)

They seem very cute and natural together. Hopefully once they marry they lean more towards Abbie's family than JD's (in terms of woman working, education, clothing)

17 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Yeah... I just thought their smiles looked similar, I'm not analyzing their bulbous noses or pronounced jowls. :pb_lol: (Seriously, that is a harsh way to describe Abbie!)

Oh my gosh! Noooooo, I did not mean it as harsh at all. I feel terrible now. I think she’s beautiful. I think years of drawing has me stating things in a way I think of as matter of fact, and I didn’t realize AT ALL that it sounded harsh. I would describe myself in a similar way and not feel in the least that I was being self-deprecating. I think when you have spent a lot of time drawing portraits, all features start to become attractive, because any person with any face can become your muse, so it’s easy to forget that what I think of as descriptive or even celebratory of someone might come off as harsh. OMG I feel like shit now. Sorry. 

1 minute ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Oh my gosh! Noooooo, I did not mean it as harsh at all. I feel terrible now. I think she’s beautiful. I think years of drawing has me stating things in a way I think of as matter of fact, and I didn’t realize AT ALL that it sounded harsh. I would describe myself in a similar way and not feel in the least that I was being self-deprecating. I think when you have spent a lot of time drawing portraits, all features start to become attractive, because any person with any face can become your muse, so it’s easy to forget that what I think of as descriptive or even celebratory of someone might come off as harsh. OMG I feel like shit now. Sorry. 

I really didn't think you meant it to be harsh, but "bulbous" and "jowls" do tend to have negative associations to most people!

Just now, Rachel333 said:

I really didn't think you meant it to be harsh, but "bulbous" and "jowls" do tend to have negative associations to most people!

I feel so bad. I will get a thesaurus, promise. 

1 minute ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I feel so bad. I will get a thesaurus, promise. 

I really wasn't trying to be harsh with you either! I didn't think you meant it badly, so I actually found it kind of funny.

They look very happy. Dang, I'm cheering for them.

11 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Just to be frank here, of course your previous post reads harsh when it includes your personal ranking of the Duggar sons' looks, and your assessment that none of them need cosmetic surgery ( how...generous, I guess?)- doesn't really sound like the "all features start to become attractive" mentality to me. These kinds of analysis on peoples' features always make me uncomfortable. And if you would describe yourself that way- that's fine! But I wonder how you would feel if you saw that a stranger had analyzed your face and written that online. 

I would be super interested if you ever feel comfortable sharing some portraits you've drawn with FJ! :) 

20 minutes ago, pandora said:

Just to be frank here, of course your previous post reads harsh 

I sincerely didn’t mean it that way. 

none of them need cosmetic surgery ( how...generous, I guess?)

I didn’t articulate this well. I meant even if you don’t personally find them to be your type, it would be fair to say they are atttractive people. 

These kinds of analysis on peoples' features always make me uncomfortable.

Yep. I felt like I was in art class, and I got carried away with a contrast and compare. This is not art class. There is a time and a place, and you’re right, this isn’t the place. 

But I wonder how you would feel if you saw that a stranger had analyzed your face and written that online. 

We used to do this in class. We had to draw each other. It can be unsettling at first, especially as a painfully shy introvert, but then you get over it. Also, it becomes more of an insult when people don’t draw you correctly in favor of making you conform more to their standard of beauty, intending it to be a compliment. It would never offend me to be told I have small teeth or jowls. It just wouldn’t. If they told me I had bad teeth, I would assume that meant small teeth, and that small teeth are not to their preference for teeth, but I’m not even sure if that would bother me. It’s not like I’ve never been called ugly before. I’m not going to be everyone’s cup of tea. ETA: to be clear, I never called anyone ugly 

would be super interested if you ever feel comfortable sharing some portraits you've drawn with FJ! 

Maybe if there was an art thread, maybe before I offended you, but now I just feel like I should leave that hobby off of FJ. 

2 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

BEC moment ... they both have horrible teeth. But they do look very cute together and happy! 

If you think their teeth are bad (I strongly disagree) then you would think mine are horrendous! 

1 hour ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Their teeth look okay. They don’t look too much alike to me either. They have similar skin/hair/eye coloring, hair texture, and maybe short, recessed chins, but their shape of face and features are different. Her skin is more naturally golden and even, whereas he used to have a pinkish pasty white uneven skin tone and what looked like a chronic sunburn. It looks like he has grown out of that. His skin is looking good, a little darker than before, and more even toned. Maybe he started using sunscreen? 

His nose is small, flat, and wide. Hers is long and bulbous. His face is square and his cheekbones are high. Hers is oval with more pronounced jowls. She has big teeth and small lips. He has small teeth and big, red lips. He has the same lips as Jessa. They look pretty on a girl, but I actually thought they detracted from JD’s overall looks. The beard balances out his full, red lips, and the little bit of suntan is helping, too. 

I never thought Josh or JD were particularly attractive. Josh looks like a fetus to me, and not in a cute way. JD was pasty with those oversized red lips, but he is becoming more attractive as he ages. I think Joe and Jer are very cute in a frat boy way. (I feel a little sick typing that.) Josiah and Jed have classic good looks. There isn’t anything on their faces that I would say a cosmetic surgeon needs to fix. 

I don’t really know what the other lost boys or lost girls look like, but the five eldest girls are all pretty, IMO. It’s astonishing to me how attractive the Duggars turned out because I don’t think Jim Bob has one attractive bone in his entire body. Even the kids who resemble him most are fairly attractive. 

...and of course, it goes without saying, they still have ugly beliefs...

W O W

Americans can be really weird about teeth and think everyone needs to have completely straight, bright white teeth. It becomes really classist since braces are expensive and not everyone can afford good dental care, so poor people can be really stigmatized just based on how their teeth look.

That's part of why I hate the jokes people make about Arkansans having missing teeth. 

6 minutes ago, Nikedagain? said:

W O W

I apologize if my detailed post was too much. In response to a previous post that said they looked alike, I was trying to say they don’t look alike to me. With supporting evidence. I should have just said... they don’t look alike to me... and left it at that. I didn’t know I was going to cause such a stir. I’m not a shit stirrer. That’s not what I do here. 

The fact that these two already have a joint IG makes me think they are much further along in their relationship than we are lead to believe.  Probably engaged or married already.

I don’t think either of them particularly attractive and I do see a resemblance.I personally think  Josiah and Lauren are the most good looking couple.But inner qualities are infinitely more important than physical and they look relaxed and happy.

2 hours ago, Daisy0322 said:

BEC moment ... they both have horrible teeth. But they do look very cute together and happy! 

This is not BEC.  That is pure assholery. There is nothing whatsoever wrong with their teeth.

32 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

Maybe if there was an art thread, maybe before I offended you, but now I just feel like I should leave that hobby off of FJ. 

I think this is worth mentioning, you haven't offended me- I disagreed with something you voiced, so I responded, that's pretty much how we do things here. Then I made a good faith effort to help take the conversation in a new direction :shrug: 

25 minutes ago, Million Children For Jesus said:

I’m not a shit stirrer. That’s not what I do here. 

Then why the flying fuck did you think your post would go unchallenged here.

Good grief.  "Art" is not an excuse for mean as stink.

26 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Americans can be really weird about teeth and think everyone needs to have completely straight, bright white teeth. It becomes really classist since braces are expensive and not everyone can afford good dental care, so poor people can be really stigmatized just based on how their teeth look.

That's part of why I hate the jokes people make about Arkansans having missing teeth. 

This is SO true. I don't kow any other place that's nearly as focused on how people's teeth look as America.

In Germany, dental care is part of your regular health insurance, which everyone* has. Orthodontia is covered by this health insurance for anyone under 18. So access to dental care and orthodontia is much better than in the U.S., and yet there is much less of a focus on having perfect teeth. For example, I know barely anyone who bleaches their teeth in Germany. I have one good friend who used to do it, and she was told in no uncertain terms by her dentist to stop as it was hurting her enamel. Whereas here in the U.S., a lot of people have these almost blindingly shiny white teeth. It's really staggering. Having slightly yellow-ish teeth is not a sign of unhealthy teeth at all. It's certainly healthier than hurting your teeth with bleaching products.

*with very, very, very few exceptions

they look comfortable together (I’m not saying they are anything other then courting).  Which is better then a lot of the couples we see who look stiff and awkward standing so close.

I think they're adorable together. They both look happy and seriously into each other. To me, JD is cute...I think it's the smile in that picture. 

Teeth: My husband's teeth are HORRIBLE...he rarely shows them because of that. HOWEVER, my husband is the handsomest man on the fucking planet. That's my opinion and the only one that counts!!!

I remember a clip of Jana saying she hopes to be close to JD's future wife. I wonder if she is or has been able to establish a close bond with her yet..

Aww I hope Jana doesn't end up being the one to babysit their dates :(

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived