IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace Engaged 2: Planes, petals, and proposals

Georgiana

I think Jason is/will court Lauren Caldwell. They have already started his big boy promos by releasing that he flipped a house

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I have two aunts with the same first name, though at least they have different last names. It still gets confusing though because my second aunt's married name is the same as my first aunt's maiden name, so there's a lot of "Jane Smith, Bob's wife, not Jane Smith Jones."

To make things more confusing for me as a kid, my first aunt "Jane" is married to "Fred," and my aunt on the other side of the family also married a "Fred," so I had two "Aunt Janes" and two "Uncle Freds," plus another cousin "Fred."

A common English expression is "our Charlie". You could adapt to Bob's Jane.

In my family there were mutilple Stephens and Geoffreys.  We solved that by Geoff in Godalming, Geoff in Surrey etc. and Stephen in Scotland, Ron's Stephen and Stephen called Walter etc. if you had too many in close proximity.

11 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

lets hope Jana doesn't pull a Tabitha Paine and feel like she has to take the first guy that comes along just because of her age. 

I don’t think Jana is desperate. I think she would be ok with being in her 30s and unmarried. She’s just always had this confidence in her that I don’t see in a lot of other fundie single girls in their 20s. 

I think JD will use his plane to propose. I think he will take her flying on a special trip (maybe around sunset) and possibly have “marry me” mowed in a field that you can see from the air.

Honestly That’s sounds very TLC staged. Very showy for a low key down to earth guy .  I can more see him getting on one knee and proposing at dinner one day. 

Oh please, not another hokey proposal! Surely she knows the setup. Can't he just propose privately and with dignity? THAT would see more his style. Or, the stupid side of JD could come out and he'd do some junior high level practical joke to propose [shudder].

14 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

Oh please, not another hokey proposal! Surely she knows the setup. Can't he just propose privately and with dignity? THAT would see more his style. Or, the stupid side of JD could come out and he'd do some junior high level practical joke to propose [shudder].

Privately like without cameras? I doubt it. He will allow TLC in on it. But if he proposes in the plane, it will be pretty private. Maybe a chaperone like Jana in the back seat. Or maybe Nathan co piloting so he can Side hug and hold hands with Abbie after the proposal. 

26 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Privately like without cameras? I doubt it. He will allow TLC in on it. But if he proposes in the plane, it will be pretty private. Maybe a chaperone like Jana in the back seat. Or maybe Nathan co piloting so he can Side hug and hold hands with Abbie after the proposal. 

I know....sadly it's such a shit show. The plane thing would be way better than a practical joke at least.

11 hours ago, Greendoor said:

In my family there were mutilple Stephens and Geoffreys.  We solved that by Geoff in Godalming, Geoff in Surrey etc. and Stephen in Scotland, Ron's Stephen and Stephen called Walter etc. if you had too many in close proximity.

We have multiple Franks and Kevins. So it becomes Mrs Keen's Frank, Divorced Frank, Jen's Kevin, Rene's Kevin, etc. Can't really use place names, since a handful of the Franks all live in the same city.

22 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I have two aunts with the same first name, though at least they have different last names. It still gets confusing though because my second aunt's married name is the same as my first aunt's maiden name, so there's a lot of "Jane Smith, Bob's wife, not Jane Smith Jones."

To make things more confusing for me as a kid, my first aunt "Jane" is married to "Fred," and my aunt on the other side of the family also married a "Fred," so I had two "Aunt Janes" and two "Uncle Freds," plus another cousin "Fred."

So funny, so my two uncles were married to a Joan and a Sue. Both couples divorce, and the guys both marry another Joan and Sue! So I have and ex-aunt Joan and current one, as well as Sue. That gets super confusing. 

I have cousins who both married Kathy's and they also have a first cousin on their other side named Kathy.  So in conversation, they call one in law Kathy T (first initial of spouses first name) and the other Kathy B (the first initial of that spouses first name) and the cousin is just Kathy.  

I posted on the Vuolo thread that I feel compelled to hold Jinger more accountable for her awful beliefs, now that she is a mother. Since JD is older, a future headship, and almost engaged, I have to do the same with him. If, Rufus forbid, he starts to posting pro-Trump crap or joking about future daughters doing his laundry, a smack down it will be. 

1 hour ago, fluffernutter said:

So funny, so my two uncles were married to a Joan and a Sue. Both couples divorce, and the guys both marry another Joan and Sue! So I have and ex-aunt Joan and current one, as well as Sue. That gets super confusing. 

That's so funny and confusing. My mother has a cousin who married 3 times. The first wife and the second wife are named Susan. 

We have this with my DH Scott, & My Step sister's husband Scott, my cousins husband Scott,  My 2nd cousins husband Scott and their son Scotty Jr.  My son's middle name is Scott, and my Scott's were part of the family long before the others showed up. :pb_lol: then to add to it my sisters BFF's husband is also named Scott, they are all ranging in age from 57 to 7.

14 hours ago, Kelsey said:

I think Jason is/will court Lauren Caldwell. They have already started his big boy promos by releasing that he flipped a house

I wonder if JB will do what Austin's dad did. Tell Jason he has to flip five houses before he can marry. I know he hasn't done something like that so far but I could see him doing it with the younger kids if only to say they are doing something. 

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Recording audio in planes tends to be hard- even if cameras were along for the proposal it could be pretty private if they had TLC not caption it, and just played some music/ TH voiceover with John saying he wants Abbie to his copilot or something cheesy like that. The number of random acquaintances on Facebook who've posted pictures of themselves/their significant other being surprised by the proposal/saying yes & happy crying makes me feel like the visual of that moment isn't generally that private anymore in this generation, but the proposal speech still is( I'm not making a value judgement on this being good or bad, just stating that I think it's how things are). 

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

I wonder if JB will do what Austin's dad did. Tell Jason he has to flip five houses before he can marry. I know he hasn't done something like that so far but I could see him doing it with the younger kids if only to say they are doing something. 

Yeah. I doubt he wants to support all 10 of his sons. He’s already supporting so many of his adult offspring. Although JD is pretty self sufficient. 

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yeah. I doubt he wants to support all 10 of his sons. He’s already supporting so many of his adult offspring. Although JD is pretty self sufficient. 

So far the only 3 who seems to be self supporting are Jinjer, Jostin and JD, the rest rely on Boob or some from of grifting or another.  (looking at you Derelict)

23 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

So far the only 3 who seems to be self supporting are Jinjer, Jostin and JD, the rest rely on Boob or some from of grifting or another.  (looking at you Derelict)

is JD really self supporting I mean I know he does something with the police but is that an actual job or volunteer work. I mean the man was given a plane and at one point I know he was working the towing truck from JB

To be strictly correct Jinger isn’t self supporting as her husband provides for her now instead of Daddy.JD is the family pilot who shleps them all around and does what ever JB needs done. he is still on the family dole.He had towing service at one time but don’t know if he does now. Only Austin is completely off Jim Bobs Tit.

1 minute ago, tabitha2 said:

To be strictly correct Jinger isn’t self supporting as her husband provides for her  and JD is the family pilot who shelps them all around and does what ever JB needs done. he is still on the family dole.He had towing service at one time but don’t know if he does now. Only Austin is completely Jim Bobs Tit

JD rents his house out for income I believe.

1 minute ago, tabitha2 said:

But the House was Duggar property or paid for with Duggar money IIRC

No, he got the house for clearing the land. It was in the old show.

Good for him then. But he still gets his living and pay from Being a Duggar. That house money won’t support him and a wife and all the arrows in the way he has been used to for that 15 years. 

49 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Good for him then. But he still gets his living and pay from Being a Duggar. That house money won’t support him and a wife and all the arrows in the way he has been used to for that 15 years. 

My impression is JD does a lot of gig work - house rental, towing, land clearing, flying, cop, EMT ( I think -or something along those lines ) . Plus he makes some sort of money from the show. People tend to forget that while they aren’t getting rich off Counting On - it’s definitely a useful supplement for the non-featured characters - and might cover basic living expenses for main players. Especially if they aren’t paying rent / mortgage. 

And can get cars from the lot. Really most of them have really minimal expenses. 

17 hours ago, Greendoor said:

I have two examples of that being used here in the states. One of my cousin's married a woman with the same first name as me. We have different last names, though. She is often just called Anne Smith instead of just Anne but sometimes is referred to as John's Anne.

The wife of one of my husband's friends also shares my first name. In their circle of friends we are differentiated as "Jason's Anne" and "Geoff's Anne". 

(None of us are named Anne for the record). 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived