IGNORED

John David and Abbie Grace Engaged 2: Planes, petals, and proposals

Georgiana

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still don't get why Joe had to include Josh. I wonder if he even got a say in that  or if his parents forced it on him.

Anyways, no way they have a long courtship/engagement. He'll probably propose next week. 

13 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I still don't get why Joe had to include Josh. I wonder if he even got a say in that  or if his parents forced it on him.

I'm sure his parents forced him to. Kind of like he's your brother you should include him. 

He could “honour” Josh by including some of the Mkids in the wedding party. Maybe a Christmas wedding with Hanni conducting Jackson, boy cousin whose name escapes me, Jenni, Jordyn, Mack, Josie, Michael and Marcus. Israel, Spurgeon and Meredith might join for cuteness.

Wonder if the wedding will be in Abbie’s hometown? Where is she from? Does she have several nephews and nieces as well? 

36 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I feel like it was Joe's choice. He seems like the forgiving type. Josiah didn't include Josh (nor JD for that matter.) I think they decide who's in their wedding party, not JB. People give JB way too much credit for orchestrating things.

As much as I would love JD to move to Abbie's home state so they can have more independence as a couple, I highly doubt they will. JD is tied to JimBob's apron strings.

The plane that JD flies is owned by the family, not by JD. JD's jobs are tied to various Duggar enterprises. Any property JD owns is in Duggarland. Moving away means that he loses all of those lovely perks, and I don't think he will.

That means that he'll remain in the JimBob/Micheeeeeeellle orbit, and that means that he and Abbie won't be able to develop as much independence as we'd all like them to. They won't be able to set Jinger's newly-wed "don't visit" boundaries, for example, that were easily enforced by distance. I really really hope that they do try to pull away from the family borg as much as possible, but it's going to be a lot harder. 

The only advantage I can see is that should Abbie choose to continue working after she has children, there's great family childcare right there. (Poor Hannie!)

I'm not super up-to-date on the details of Duggar property-holding, so if anyone would like to clarify JD's property ownership and likely housing arrangements after marriage, I'd be very interested!

2 hours ago, Markie said:

He could “honour” Josh by including some of the Mkids in the wedding party. Maybe a Christmas wedding with Hanni conducting Jackson, boy cousin whose name escapes me, Jenni, Jordyn, Mack, Josie, Michael and Marcus. Israel, Spurgeon and Meredith might join for cuteness.

Wonder if the wedding will be in Abbie’s hometown? Where is she from? Does she have several nephews and nieces as well? 

She’s from Stratford, ok, and has 5 nephews 

I think the wedding will be in ok since her family still lives there. 

49 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I think the wedding will be in ok since her family still lives there. 

I hope so too. Didn't Joseph & Josiah marry girls who are from their home state. 

8 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I hope so too. Didn't Joseph & Josiah marry girls who are from their home state. 

Joseph did. The Swansons only relocated to Arkansas earlier this year. 

Stratford is a small town in the middle of Oklahoma. Like 1500 people small. Seems much more rural comparatively. Not insulting rural towns or people but I would bet that maybe Abbie wants to get out of town! 

It looks like it’s less than a 4 hour drive from Abbie’s hometown to the Duggar hometown. Because of this, I imagine JD and Abbie are seeing a lot of one another (compared to some fundie long distance relationships) which will likely make their courtship shorter. I agree with others that an engagement announcement within the next 6 weeks. And a wedding by the end of the year. 

4 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Anyways, no way they have a long courtship/engagement. He'll probably propose next week. 

The reality is Because for better or much much worse Josh is his brother. His family does not hate bitterly him or want him to disappear from their lives even if the majority of the public  (and TLC execs) do.

I think that with both JD and Abbie being on the older side of the spectrum for fundie marriages, that will push up the courtship/engagement. 

I don't know if JD will include Josh but if he includes everyone who has had him in their wedding party, they're going to have a huge one! :P 

7 minutes ago, Carm_88 said:

I don't know if JD will include Josh but if he includes everyone who has had him in their wedding party, they're going to have a huge one!

I bet we'd see all the older sisters in the wedding party because Abbie would be struggling to match the numbers.

22 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I bet we'd see all the older sisters in the wedding party because Abbie would be struggling to match the numbers.

Well he'd have to have all his sisters; they all had JD! :) 

if josh is part of the wedding would be very fun, which digital effect will use tlc to hide josh? Another false sun? a giant stone? a giant pickle? 

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Josh as a dancing pickle...how the mighty have fallen! 

That WOULD make it easier.  Then they could all walk with their husbands who could all dip them during the walk out.

52 minutes ago, apiscue said:

if josh is part of the wedding would be very fun, which digital effect will use tlc to hide josh? Another false sun? a giant stone? a giant pickle? 

Hide contents

giphy.gif

A horses ass!?!? :my_biggrin:

Last night I had a dream that Jabbie called a press conference at an airport/airstrip where they announced they were married and about to fly off on their honeymoon. They seemed very happy and made it clear that they would be staying private/off the show. 

We can only hope! 

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think if JD includes Josh, it will be as an usher. That way he is sort of included but easy to stay in the background. His groomsmen will probably be Joe, Zach, Josiah, maybe one of Abbie’s brothers (either John Clay or Caleb). But I’m not sure about the rest. He could include a BIL like Austin or a few of his friends. 

I think Abbie will include all of her 4 sisters, Jana, and then maybe a few friends. 

Is he really close to Peter Query?  Also, Nathan Bates is his flying buddy. 

I doubt he'll include Josh.  He made himself clear in the TH after the scandle.  He doesn't strike me as one who push it under the carpet now. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Today is the Stratford Peach Festival. I bet I know where Jobbie are.

They’re definitely there! Just spotted them at John-Clay’s Instagram story

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived