IGNORED

Am I the only one... - Amber Videos

Guest Bekah

Wow, she bugs me. I wanted to stick a pencil in my eye listening to her rabbit on and on about baby names.

Guest Anonymous

snarky, you have a much better sense of humour than I :P

Honestly, I used to think her videos were cute back when they were newlyweds and they, you know, did stuff like move wood for their church and redecorate. And they weren't overly preachy back then. Still couldn't watch them all the way through, but they weren't as, I dunno, 'irritating' sounds harsh, but it kind of fits. I usually skip through them, clicking random points of the video to see if she's getting to the point yet. I like them both, I think they'd be fun to hang out with, if they didn't preach at all and the visits were brief.

I am soooo curious about Amber's background though!

Finally watched the newest video... what a chore! Though it did provide some unintentionally funny moments.

Amber and Reuban make a big deal out of: not teaching their kids Evolution; homeschooling; being QF; and Amber choosing to stay at home. This is all said with the understanding that people will lambast them for their choices ("Don't you know you're being oppressed, Amber?" is one example).

Guess what, A&R: nobody cares what you do. You can stay home, pop out as many kids as you want, and teach them Creationism; we really don't care or think that you're "oppressed." Most people can tell that Amber made her choice freely and is happy about it, so why would anyone say she's oppressed?

The only time I will start caring about their lifestyle is when they preach to others that their way of life is the only way. Until then, I couldn't care less about what they choose to do with their lives. I will, however, continue to laugh at them in the privacy of my own home... because Fundies are my Jerry Springer, and I LOVE having free entertainment!

What's the objection to using a pacifier anyway? I have two babies and this one has never come up in the mommy wars for me...

The old ones were fear of causing buck teeth or other dental problems (not sure if these is even true) and worries about breaking them from it. The big one now is that it can cause problems with breastfeeding if introduced too early, but most people seem to consider them OK after 6 weeks or so.

Either way, they're gonna suck on something. If it's not a paci, they'll suck on their fingers or thumbs or will comfort nurse alot. Mine would suck on the legs of his giraffe teether all the time and his fingers for a little while.

Archived