IGNORED

Maxwell 22: Maxhell University Coursework

Coconut Flan

One thing is for sure with these maxwells, they are as passive aggressive as HELL. the Google post, Sarah not moving out post, Jesse not being in a relationship post.... I'd hate to be involved in that mess

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back to the girls returning from their “mystery” trip, that is a staged photo unless they are coming out of customs since it gates are beyond security. Unless...someone was traveling with them. The only international flights arriving at KCI are from Iceland, Toronto, Punta Cana DR, and Cancun, Mexico. I really can’t see Steve letting them go to any of those destinations, with the exception of Toronto, and that’s iffy, too worldly. They probably flew Southwest Airlines because most of their fares are no change or cancellation fee and their return date was up in the air. (Pun intended)

In looking closer, they may be coming out of customs as there appears to be a uniformed person at the door. 

Why the big secret Steve? Your girls will not engage in any conversation with someone whom they don’t know. And if they did, they would scare them off in a second with their religiosity. Who would mess with that?

9 hours ago, Jana814 said:

Steve has scared his children about the outside world. He thinks that if they go outside the family fold they will never come back. 

To be fair... he's possibly not wrong about that. I'd be off like a bat out of hell, that's for sure.

I never thought I would see the day a Maxwell blog post would link to a CREDIT CARD! I guess debt is ok if it comes with enough rewards points

I can’t snark TOO much on the travel post... except that all of that info (and more) can be found by googling.  

Ive found that taking car seats on the plane for non lap children is more trouble than it’s worth, but that’s just personal preference.  No shade on people who do that.  

Love the fact they linked to a credit card.  Hilarious.  

1 hour ago, OhNoNike said:

I can’t snark TOO much on the travel post... except that all of that info (and more) can be found by googling.  

Ive found that taking car seats on the plane for non lap children is more trouble than it’s worth, but that’s just personal preference.  No shade on people who do that.  

Love the fact they linked to a credit card.  Hilarious.  

Can you clarify what you mean by this?

What is "googling"?

Props to Christopher for flying instead of driving a bus, using a credit card, and going to a big sinful city like Seattle.

25 minutes ago, dripcurl said:

Props to Christopher for flying instead of driving a bus, using a credit card, and going to a big sinful city like Seattle.

I agree.

And this post is helpful for young families.  They really need to feature more of these kinds of posts.

So is this travel post brought to you by Southwest Airlines Credit cards going to be tagged in the "Debt-Fee" category in the blog? : )

image.png.e5e30c8ea7447f78887e2144c48fe44f.png

The post about flying with small children is the most useful post to appear on the Maxwell blog in a good long time. Props for that. 

But can I say I deplore the word “kiddo”?  Always have, always will.  Like “hubby”, it’s fingernails on a chalkboard to me. Of course, “y’all” in written form is no better. It should be used sparingly, if at all.

There’s always something to snark on with the Maxwells!

1 hour ago, dripcurl said:

Not defending him, but nowhere does he say he carries a balance. It is possible to use a credit card and not carry debt.

Seattle is a surprise though. Heavens, they could meet liberals.

1 hour ago, Rosie said:

Can you clarify what you mean by this?

What is "googling"?

If you went to Google and typed in “how do I google something,” would their servers explode?  

I don't really see the point of having baby seats on a plane. The seats already come with a belt, and surely the little ones would rather wiggle around a bit than be strapped to their seats? Whatever works though, can't snark if it works for them. Maybe it's just so they have seats for the kids at their destination, NR Anna's parents may not have eleventy baby car seats just lying around.

This is the first post by Chris I can remember. I think he's getting ready to take over his parents' "ministry", NR Anna may be too busy with the actual childrearing and breeding to do Mum's corners but it would surprise me if Chris "I take pictures of brides in front of basement air vents every other year and call it a job" Maxwell started doing Seriously Dads, blogging and shelling out overpriced materials to fellow fundies to make some money.

We brought our car seats on the plane.  Two reasons.  First was it kept the kids strapped down as they would be in the car.  They knew there was no running around, bouncing around etc.  They were perfectly happy.  It made being in a big new noisy plane feel safer as they knew the car seats.  Second was I didn't want the car seats in the underbelly of the plane, I didn't want them thrown in and tossed about.  Even in low speed crashes they need to be replaced.  I may be neurotic.

The kiddos thing needs to end.  So Christopher calls his own kids this, or is it Sarah writing this entry on the sly?

Chris’s post just makes me happy I’m not quiverful. My kids are no longer babies and would have been hell on a plane as a baby/toddler. I would have preferred snakes on a plane to my toddler children. 

53 minutes ago, Foudeb said:

Chris "I take pictures of brides in front of basement air vents every other year and call it a job" Maxwell 

this is so perfect!!!!! :) 

2 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

But can I say I deplore the word “kiddo”?

Yeah, it is a real BEC trigger for me. I once had an inept annoyong supervisor who called me kiddo when I was older than her!  It was a happy day when she retired. Ugh.

3 hours ago, catlady said:

If you went to Google and typed in “how do I google something,” would their servers explode?  

Nope

Screenshot_20180723-133553.png

2 hours ago, Foudeb said:

I don't really see the point of having baby seats on a plane. The seats already come with a belt, and surely the little ones would rather wiggle around a bit than be strapped to their seats? Whatever works though, can't snark if it works for them. Maybe it's just so they have seats for the kids at their destination, NR Anna's parents may not have eleventy baby car seats just lying around.

It's apparently much safer for kids to ride in a car seat on the plane rather than on your lap or the normal belt (my toddler would wiggle out of that in 2 seconds). So among all our discussions of fundies engaging in unsafe practices (ahem Bates trampoline), this is one rare instance where they do the safer thing instead of the cheaper thing. And I imagine with 5 really small kids it really helps wrangle them to have them in the seats rather than running around the plane. 

Can't believe they would admit to having the credit card! Balance or not, it's debt!

I only have two children, two years apart, but flying with them when they were younger was such a hassle. I can't imagine doing it with more! We bought a wheel attachment for our younger son's carseat so he could ride in it through the airport instead of having to drag a stroller with us. It was super convenient. When he was 2-3, we'd have him ride in the carseat on the plane because he was more likely to nap that way. 

Is it possible to buy plane tickets without a credit card?  I don’t know anyone who buys them any way other than online with a CC.  If it’s paid within the billing period, I can see it not being regarded as debt. 

It’s actually quite considerate of them to take seats in the back of the plane; Southwest always lets families with small children board first, so they’d have nearly first choice of any row except the ones with the emergency exits. They’d also be one of the last groups off the plane, so being in the back lets them take their time getting children and bags together without obstructing other passengers. 

16 minutes ago, catlady said:

Is it possible to buy plane tickets without a credit card?  I don’t know anyone who buys them any way other than online with a CC.  If it’s paid within the billing period, I can see it not being regarded as debt. 

It’s actually quite considerate of them to take seats in the back of the plane; Southwest always lets families with small children board first, so they’d have nearly first choice of any row except the ones with the emergency exits. They’d also be one of the last groups off the plane, so being in the back lets them take their time getting children and bags together without obstructing other passengers. 

It's possible! You can use a debit card just the same as you would use a CC to purchase tickets online. 

I believe Anna's family lives in Washington, so perhaps the trip was to visit relatives.

1 minute ago, Sister Mozz said:

I believe Anna's family lives in Washington, so perhaps the trip was to visit relatives.

Her family does live their. That is where they went. Sarah posted pictures a few weeks back. 

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived