IGNORED

Maxwell 22: Maxhell University Coursework

Coconut Flan

12 hours ago, freejugar said:

In the post right below that one Sarah admits that she can't concentrate at chez Maxwell because of all the noise. She coould really benefit from having a nice quiet space to write.

I am kinda shocked to hear that noise is allowed at chez Maxwell.

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know that lately there was a little speculation about Melanie possibly being pregnant because a bit of a bump was present. I’ve always assumed it was just the body of a 40 something woman who has birthed 6 children. In the latest photo she looks very not pregnant so I’m really hoping they will just have a family of five children from here on out. I think it’s a manageable amount and it will be good for their family to keep it that way.  

1 minute ago, tabitha2 said:

They don’t want to keep it that way....

I know that but she is in her 40s and dealt with infertility in the past. I’m guessing that if she hasn’t gotten pregnant by now, it’s unlikely she will ever again. 

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know that but she is in her 40s and dealt with infertility in the past. I’m guessing that if she hasn’t gotten pregnant by now, it’s unlikely she will ever again. 

For Melanie's health, I hope you are right. But if she is 42 (?) she can still have one more baby. Considering her age and that she's not extremely fertile, probably next kid would be the last one. Anyway, she always has difficult pregnancies and a new one would mean a lot of chores for ABC, while mom rests.

But they named their youngest Benjamin. Maybe they knew he was the last one (for a medical reason) and that's why they picked that name.  

Not going to try and jinx it, but my grandmother had a (surprise) perfectly healthy baby in the 1940s when she was 47.  It happens.  I know it seems like a new thing to some people to have “older” parents but it’s been happening for a long time (without medical intervention). 

Ok, people are allowed to miss anyone they like after any length of time apart, I get that.  But this all just screams enmeshed to me.  They were gone a freaking month and a half.  At Mary's age I spent a YEAR teaching on the other side of the world.  My family hugged me and were happy to see me back.  That's normal.

46 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

Not going to try and jinx it, but my grandmother had a (surprise) perfectly healthy baby in the 1940s when she was 47.  It happens.  I know it seems like a new thing to some people to have “older” parents but it’s been happening for a long time (without medical intervention). 

There will always be stories of older parents on FJ when I bring this up. Melanie will be 43 in about 6 weeks. Even the majority of the most fertile fundies on FJ didn’t have a successful pregnancy at 43+. Throw into the mix that this couple isn’t even that fertile to begin with and you’ll find that odds aren’t in their favor. Even Michelle Duggar didn’t have a successful pregnancy past 43. She got pregnant with Josie at 42 (almost 43). Yes, she got pregnant once more but we all know that pregnancy ended in miscarriage. And the odds of miscarriage are much higher in your 40s. So Melanie’s chances of getting pregnant and carrying a successful pregnancy are pretty low at this point (although yes, it’s possible). Teri Maxwell herself had her last baby right after her 41st birthday. 

51 minutes ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Ok, people are allowed to miss anyone they like after any length of time apart, I get that.  But this all just screams enmeshed to me.  They were gone a freaking month and a half.  At Mary's age I spent a YEAR teaching on the other side of the world.  My family hugged me and were happy to see me back.  That's normal.

Exactly.  Very unhealthily enmeshed.  This is a family that lives together, works together, worships together, and goes on vacation to the same place every damn year together.  Until they marry, that is.  Their siblings are their best friends, and their other friends all seem to be family friends.

Look Maxwell-humpers.  We are now up to 82 (well 41 not counting Sarah's responses) brown-nosing comments on Sarah's pissilly defensive and ungracious response to what was apparently a politely phrased question.

The issue is not that Sarah and the other adult children unmarried still live at home.  It is that most adult children still living in the parental home demonstrate far more independence and initiative than Sarah Maxwell.  They've usually been away to school or college, have their own group of friends, travel and work independently, vacation without their family, and so on.

Every time this comes up we also talk about how it is normal for some adult children to still live with their parents.  It is a choice, sometimes an economic choice, and sometimes a cultural choice.  It is a choice not limited to Bible-thumping Christians who think they are better and more virtuous than everyone else for living with their parents.  You don't have to be a Bible-thumping Christian to love your parents and siblings either.   

We know the Maxwells often lie by omission on the blog as Joseph managed to court so secretively. 

However, almost every time a nestling flies the coop temporarily there is a huge Maxwellian song and dance about it.  Sarah asks for prayers for their dangerous journeys, wails about how much they will be missed, and complains that she has to do extra work.  She sounds ridiculous as well as boring and enmeshed.

And what stands out with Sarah is that (according to her own blog) she leads an incredibly restricted life.  She has made one solo trip on a plane to help out a friend and her family.  And she took one mini-vacation with Jesse when they went kayaking.  And she has her own car and may drive her sisters around occasionally.  Anna and Mary have been allowed more freedom than Sarah, by the looks of it.

But perhaps not.  Perhaps Sarah has kept her busy social life, her multiple solo trips overseas, her attendance at conferences, and her dedicated ministry to deprived inner city youth completely under wraps!  What?  Please don't tell me that I made all that up. :)

And Lisa G.  Blow it out your dainty rear end you twit. 

Sarah, I deeply appreciate your frankness regarding this subject. There is a great deal of talk these days about not telling others how to live, but that conversation comes to a screeching halt when Christians are seen living out our convictions. It stops being a matter of live-and-let-live, and instead becomes a matter of atrocious oppression. Too often, Christians tip-toe around these accusations, hoping to please their critics. I would love to see more young people take the stand you’ve taken in this post.

You wouldn't know "atrocious oppression" if you saw it.  Sarah's stand is hardly an act of courage.  She was asked reasonable questions on her blog: why didn't she also buy a house herself, and why does she still live with her parents?  And in answering it she managed to throw a hissy fit worthy of Steve and sound incredibly defensive.

LisaG adds:

May God continue to bless you and your parents for your willingness to endure criticism and even answer it.

Excuse me but in what universe do people never have to face criticism and answer it?  These Fundies are such sensitive little flowers that even a question about their life-style turns into persecution and oppression that must be endured.   :laughing-rolling:

From the picture it looks like they were coming out of customs...so perhaps to a foreign land?

14 minutes ago, anniebgood said:

From the picture it looks like they were coming out of customs...so perhaps to a foreign land?

I doubt it.  Assuming they flew out of KC it is not a major airline hub like Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Minneapolis, N.Y. JFK etc where you change planes and go through customs before your final destination.

KC does have seasonal service to warm weather places like Cancun and Punta Cana during the winter.  There is service to Toronto and seasonal service in the summer to Reykjavik but I doubt they would go there even though Iceland is full of heathens who don't care where they are going when they die.

Looks to me like both of the girls have a tan, Anna's face is a lot darker than Mary's, and their arms look tan as well.    

Their side hugs look so unnatural. If it’s too uncomfortable for you to hug your own sibling/parents/family then you shouldn’t hug at all imo. There is nothing sexual about hugging your family. 

4 minutes ago, Lady Grass Lake said:

Looks to me like both of the girls have a tan, Anna's face is a lot darker than Mary's, and their arms look tan as well.    

Eh.  At this time of year you can get a tan in New England, and probably in the UK too, if you go out of doors.

Anna and Mary have been "ministering" in a very secret place.  The Maxwells are terrified that their humpers and FJ will find out about it.  

Rufus knows why.  What on earth are they so scared of?

1. They were actually in Cancun or St Kitts soaking up some rays while pretending to do ministry.
  2. They went to a foreign "closed to missionaries" country under false pretenses.  That would mean that they lied to get in there.  And disclosing where they went would bring down a foreign government on the lying hounds that infiltrated said country.
  3. They went to the UK to see the Queen:  

They're changing guard at Buckingham Palace -
Mary and Anna went down with Alice.
Alice is marrying one of the guard.
"A missionary's life is terrible hard,"
                                                                    Says Alice.

Or, my personal favorite:

4.  It is super secret because the Maxwells are as paranoid and as over-weeningly conceited as fuck.  Truth be told, no-one except Free Jinger could give a hippopotamus's fart where the Maxwells go on their silly Misscations.

“The banner and the idea to do it were Abby’s”

?? This is like one of those memes about trying to meet the minimum word count of an assignment in ridiculous ways. I am not sure if Sarah was trying to say “The banner was Abby’s idea” in a fancier way or if she was showing that Abby had the idea for the banner and also made it, but that doesn’t hold water as it is pretty obvious multiple kids pitched in.

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There will always be stories of older parents on FJ when I bring this up. Melanie will be 43 in about 6 weeks. Even the majority of the most fertile fundies on FJ didn’t have a successful pregnancy at 43+. Throw into the mix that this couple isn’t even that fertile to begin with and you’ll find that odds aren’t in their favor. Even Michelle Duggar didn’t have a successful pregnancy past 43. She got pregnant with Josie at 42 (almost 43). Yes, she got pregnant once more but we all know that pregnancy ended in miscarriage. And the odds of miscarriage are much higher in your 40s. So Melanie’s chances of getting pregnant and carrying a successful pregnancy are pretty low at this point (although yes, it’s possible). Teri Maxwell herself had her last baby right after her 41st birthday. 

My old neighbor had one son and then the doctor told her that she couldn't have any more.  She adopted a boy from another country with special needs.  She was done because the second child was a lot of work.  Then she got pregnant at 49 and went into a panic.  She wanted to get an abortion.  Her sons were older and she had a high position in her job.  But her husband said it was a miracle because the baby was due on Christmas day and he did not want her to get an abortion.  He said he would take an early retirement and be a stay at home dad.  They had a baby girl.  It happens even with infertile couples. 

Why is Crazy Eyed Nate sitting while everyone else is standing.  And where's Smug Joe and Kyle?

IMG_7856-425x319.jpg

On 7/10/2018 at 7:21 AM, Jana814 said:

What a couple of nuts.  My friend rented a place from a older couple years ago. The couple was worried she was going to throw a big party and trash the place because their last renter did. So they did come in a few times but that stopped once they realized she wasn't going to do that. 

I think that's illegal. I know the standard lease form that I use for my rental unit states that I will not enter the premises without giving ample written notice, except in case of an emergency. It would not occur to me to do otherwise anyway, but in our state tenants' rights are nothing to mess with.

37 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Why is Crazy Eyed Nate sitting while everyone else is standing.  And where's Smug Joe and Kyle?

IMG_7856-425x319.jpg

Green shirt is Christopher, yes? My first thought upon seeing this was, "Holy shit, it's Warren Jeffs!"

Stacey says:

July 18, 2018 at 3:07 am

Welcome home Anna and Mary. I pray that you grew closer to God during your trip. I hope y’all made many memories. 

Sarah Maxwell says:

July 18, 2018 at 11:26 am

Thank you! Oh, yes, the memories and stories!!!

So fucking tell them then

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Eh.  At this time of year you can get a tan in New England, and probably in the UK too, if you go out of doors.

Anna and Mary have been "ministering" in a very secret place.  The Maxwells are terrified that their humpers and FJ will find out about it.  

Rufus knows why.  What on earth are they so scared of?

1. They were actually in Cancun or St Kitts soaking up some rays while pretending to do ministry.
  2. They went to a foreign "closed to missionaries" country under false pretenses.  That would mean that they lied to get in there.  And disclosing where they went would bring down a foreign government on the lying hounds that infiltrated said country.
  3. They went to the UK to see the Queen:  

Or, my personal favorite:

4.  It is super secret because the Maxwells are as paranoid and as over-weeningly conceited as fuck.  Truth be told, no-one except Free Jinger could give a hippopotamus's fart where the Maxwells go on their silly Misscations.

#4 for a hundred, Alex!

1 hour ago, theologygeek said:

They had a baby girl.  It happens even with infertile couples

I didn’t say it was impossible though. I said it was unlikely. 

Is it possible that Sarah will start wearing pants tomorrow? Yes. Is it likely? Nah. 

The photo of the kids greeting Anna and Mary is sweet. They seem to be genuinely happy to see them. Maybe these two bring the only 'fun' these kids get? God ( I don't believe in) that is a depressing thought.

Secondly, How does Sarah know she is capable of living alone? She can, she doesn't wanna, she says. How does she know?  I am not sure going out to pick up a coffee all by your own self is quiet enough preparation for actually, you know, running your own life. Her mum can't do it without the aid of at least 4 other people so what makes Sarah think she can? It is not like she has even seen anyone do it. 

I just don't understand why their god put all this great stuff around to see, to do, to be etc, yet he tells them not to see, do or be. Just stay together having no fun, reading the bible and 'being together as a family'.   

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived