IGNORED

Maxwell 22: Maxhell University Coursework

Coconut Flan

44 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

From what I’ve seen online, you basically need to lock all your doors otherwise neighbours will show up at your house ready for a fight. The Sims can be very, VERY weird sometimes.

Boy, that would add a whole new dimension to Maxwell caroling, wouldn't it? :shocked:

• Replies 658
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a tradition called Attend Holiday Ceremony, so you can actually have Sims go to church on holidays. [emoji5]

I wonder if the blog is how Steve and Teri think Sarah will meet the one? He'll be scrolling through looking for Bible verses to match up with pictures of yard work and boom! 

Lots of sycophantic comments from fellow getting-to-middle-age SAHDs.

That is so sad on so many levels.

11 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

It would be like that woman I encountered on a wedding board once who, on the breakdown of her relationship, decided to proceed with the wedding and marry herself. 

Say what??

11 hours ago, RavenclawPajamas said:

To be fair, a lot of middle-grade books are like that.  The American Girl books were series of vignettes, iirc, though I think they did have overarching plots too.

To be fair to the American Girl books, have you read  Summer with the Moodys?  Believe me, the lack of plot is the least of it.  The grammatical errors, the tortured dialogue, and the lack of any sort of adventure these prissily well behaved children have to suffer is mind-boggling.

7 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

1. Teri is barely functional.

I disagree. Teri is actually perfectly functional.  She is also as passive aggressive as the day is long with a mean streak a mile wide.

She plays at being incompetent. She has it all worked out so that she can spend all day updating her lists and schedule, writing the odd Mom's Corner, having personal Bible time, and never doing anything she doesn't want to do.  She's Peter Principled herself out of cooking, housework, and child-care.  They are all too stressful, and might hurt her back these days. 

Her children have been told she is the "best mother in the world" and rush to take burdens away from her.  This includes helping her not to interact much with her grandchildren who might have the dreaded "bad attitude."  She reads to the ABCs under controlled and scheduled circumstances, but Anna and Mary (and probably Jesse or Sarah in their absence) are the ones who help out with baby sitting the grandchildren. 

Furthermore, all her children must remember what Teri's concepts of teaching and mothering small children were like.  She is the world's biggest fun-killer.  The offspring probably want to keep her interactions with little children at a minimum.  She interacts much better with teens and adults.

And if something goes wrong it isn't her fault, but all Steve's responsibility.  She submits to his authority with such a meek and quiet spirit.  And she is such a perpetual martyr.  

Remember, Teri is into this crap up to her neck, has preached it efficiently and very competently, and is just as involved in preventing her daughters from leaving home.  It is a full partnership with Steve and they both guilt-trip their children.

I was in a good mood so felt prepared to check on PSarah’s post. Yike-ity yikes, 60! responses, 30 from fans (including the shrewd Chelsy “Judgy” Maxwell) and 30 nice replies from PSarah.

But what brought me here was this one:

”Kate says:

July 16, 2018 at 7:49 pm

It is amazing to me how some folks are so outspoken when it comes to voicing their opinion against a productful person’s life. If its not broken- why “fix” it.”

Productful, PSarah is? Apparently it’s so, because she replies that she loves the post, *especially* the first sentence!

Ah, The SOTDRT. And while I’m enjoying the moment, *why* do people use quotation marks for emphasis? There are _underlines._ people. Or *asterisks.* Or even ital & bf...where available, of course, and the Maxblog  might not offer that formatting. 

OK, Steve, as I said before, I get it: your children are supremely happy in ways that I and mine — mere non-sheltering Christians in the world — will never be privileged to know. But when “productful” is used & comlinented upon, it amuses me! Thanks for the chuckles!

My daughter lives in a foreign country where multi-generational, communal living is the norm. She and her husband own their own home and live outside that community.   I always feel sad for my daughter's MIL as she is never alone. In turn, she feels sorry for me because we are empty nesters, my husband travels for business, and I am often alone. 

It's all in what you know and your cultural norms-

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

My daughter lives in a foreign country where multi-generational, communal living is the norm. She and her husband own their own home and live outside that community.   I always feel sad for my daughter's MIL as she is never alone. In turn, she feels sorry for me because we are empty nesters, my husband travels for business, and I am often alone. 

It's all in what you know and your cultural norms-

Thing is, neither you nor your daughter’s in-laws try to force your ways of life on others. 

4 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Thing is, neither you nor your daughter’s in-laws try to force your ways of life on others. 

True, but in all likelihood, Sarah doesn't know that she's being forced and people telling her is such is not going to change that likely fact.

“I mean, sure…..it looks like I’ll be going at this alone.”

UHH. Isn’t that the definition of marrying yourself?  Going at it alone?  Huh?!  

I read some more. She did admit that a lot was that she was jealous her friends had big weddings and celebrations and she felt like she wouldn’t have anything.  

I don’t agree with the fact she also wanted to do a registry.  Reminiscent of a pamper mama registry. 

In the post right below that one Sarah admits that she can't concentrate at chez Maxwell because of all the noise. She coould really benefit from having a nice quiet space to write.

The travelling missionaries are home! Too bad we'll never hear what they did or where they went; just like the last one. Oh well, too much excitement isn't good for a person...

Hahaha.  Oh dear.  I couldn’t figure out why the kids would write “Welcome Hot Aunts”.  The way it was colored didn’t show on my phone properly.  I thought they must have been in a hot country.  Now I see it. “Home”. 

071ED405-8359-4D4A-A602-302F42B6CEB1.jpeg

8 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

Hahaha.  Oh dear.  I couldn’t figure out why the kids would write “Welcome Hot Aunts”.  The way it was colored didn’t show on my phone properly.  I thought they must have been in a hot country.  Now I see it. “Home”. 

(snipping pic)

“Welcome Hot Aunts” sounds like something one might come across on Cinemax after midnight. 

I thought it said Hot Aunts too. I came here to figure out what it actually said because I knew I couldn't be right, haha!

Hot aunts, steaming thongs, and bursting sausages... Oh what have become of the modest and holy Maxwells? So full of desires that can't be rightfully fulfilled :roasting:

On a more serious note, it's actually sweet to see how much those kids seem to love Anna and Mary. They look genuinely delighted to see their hot aunts again.

Maxwell 23: Welcome Hot Aunts

So, no John and Chelsy in the welcome home pics?

Also, what are the cardboard boxes in their hands? Airplane food? Gifts to the hot aunts? Gifts the hot aunts are bringing back from the location-that-must-not-be-named?

Yes, it’s true! Yesterday, my sisters came home. 

Sarah sounds astounded that her wandering sisters came home.  Was she wishing they would take the chance to run too.

11 hours ago, OhNoNike said:

“I mean, sure…..it looks like I’ll be going at this alone.”

UHH. Isn’t that the definition of marrying yourself?  Going at it alone?  Huh?!  

I read some more. She did admit that a lot was that she was jealous her friends had big weddings and celebrations and she felt like she wouldn’t have anything.  

I don’t agree with the fact she also wanted to do a registry.  Reminiscent of a pamper mama registry. 

You learn something new every day.  Apparently self-marriage is now a thing.  It is even in wikipedia.     https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sologamy

The first one on Weddingbee (who was a sad person with a sad life) was persuaded into throwing herself a big 30th birthday party instead.  The second one was a harder nut to crack. 

Eh.  Whatever floats your boat.  As so many other people are throwing themselves gift grabs why shouldn't they?  I think it would be much better to call it a Celebrating Singlehood party than a wedding to yourself party, however. 

Perhaps Sarah could have a similar party.  She can marry her whole immediate family.

She should claim that her season for courting is over and have a party to make public vows to stay a SAHD until death do them part.  Pepsi, meatless burritos, and cheesecake to be served at the reception.

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

So, no John and Chelsy in the welcome home pics?

Both of the Bontrager grandbabies were born this week, so they may have gone to see them.

"Welcome Home Aunts"

Says it all. They are generic. Warm bodies doing chores.  Wow. Just Wow. Not "Welcome Home Anna and Mary?"

Now to catch up on this self-marriage idea. I swear, miss ONE DAY.....

On 7/17/2018 at 7:26 AM, Foudeb said:

Lots of sycophantic comments from fellow getting-to-middle-age SAHDs.

That is so sad on so many levels.

This is the great, unspoken failure of uber-sheltering homeschooling: How to get married, how to leave the nest, how to support yourself/family with no credentials. You can have all the freakin' character in the world and still be unemployable. And, when you cannot work under an "unGodly" man that limits the field even further. There are many, many families out there with 30-somethings living at home because of no social life to find mates, no connections to find jobs or connections to find clients/customers for small businesses. Not ALL homeschoolers are like this--most go out of their way to prevent this. But the Maxwells, the Arndts, the Staddons are all comparatively well-off and can AFFORD these do-nothing adults not paying rent. The Bates HAD to have tv I believe, to get them off the family "payroll". I doubt UP TV pays THAT well, but it pays better than tree work. Too many such families are painfully poor and we never get to see their lives.

with all the rampant side-hugging going on at the airport, it was nice to see Jesse giving Anna a two-arm embrace.  he looked genuinely happy to see her.

29 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

"Welcome Home Aunts"

Says it all. They are generic. Warm bodies doing chores.  Wow. Just Wow. Not "Welcome Home Anna and Mary?"

Now to catch up on this self-marriage idea. I swear, miss ONE DAY.....

It was Abbeys idea and obviously done up by the kids. It was fine.

• VaSportsMom locked this topic

Archived