IGNORED

Baby Bonanza: Upcoming Babies 11

Bethella

1 hour ago, meee said:

Wait a second, I don't follow this person, but she's about to have Irish triplets? And her first was a C-section?

How is that POSSIBLE? I remember when Jill Dillard had her first C-section people  here were wondering if she'd space them out for maximum chances of a VBAC and it's been pointed out that Izzy and Sam have exactly the recommended age gap, and Sam was still a C-section (though admittedly ginormous).

But how is it SAFE to have a VBAC that soon? I'm surprised they let her. Was it a homebirth?

By all appearances, both were born in a hospital. I'm not sure what the success rates are on a VBAC with that short of a period between each birth, but I would imagine that most women don't test it. Kennedy Decker Morton (Alyssa's SIL and long-time friend) has seemingly intentionally spaced her two pregnancies due to an unexpected c-section with her first. I guess that Alyssa just assumes that since she got what she wanted last time, she'll get another VBAC without difficulty with her third.

The spacing of these three kids is pretty incredible. Of the families we follow here, I am certain that Courtney Rogers has produced three babies in this time frame before, but she's also had a set of twins and at least one premature birth. (And no honeymoon baby, plus two miscarriages, yet she still has "9 under 9".) Alyssa's mother had 7 kids in 11 years (plus there's an older, rarely seen brother in the mix who could belong to one or the other parent, or could be a full sibling. I'm not sure.), but never managed a gap shorter than 18 months. So I guess it's just the combination of Campana and Morton fertility. 

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

No, I remember pictures from a hospital. But if she found a supportive/sympathetic doctor....

Or just refused to consent to a c-section.

3 hours ago, Bethella said:

Or just refused to consent to a c-section.

Wait is that a thing? how can someone refuse to have a csection knowing that could lead to a very bad outcome? (assuming that everything else is fine)

6 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

The spacing of these three kids is pretty incredible. Of the families we follow here, I am certain that Courtney Rogers has produced three babies in this time frame before, but she's also had a set of twins and at least one premature birth. (And no honeymoon baby, plus two miscarriages, yet she still has "9 under 9".) Alyssa's mother had 7 kids in 11 years (plus there's an older, rarely seen brother in the mix who could belong to one or the other parent, or could be a full sibling. I'm not sure.), but never managed a gap shorter than 18 months.

I think Courtney's first miscarriage was probably conceived on her honeymoon, from what she posted about it at the time.  But for some reason I thought she had two sets of twins? She did post about Irish triplets at one time, but that included her twins.

Oh, one more registry: Maryanna (Buckingham) Bauer, who we found out got married last November because Christopher Maxwell photographed it, is expecting her first on October 9th. She's one of the Buckinghales. However, she doesn't have social media that I can find and neither does her husband, so it's unlikely we will find out about the birth when it happens unless one of her siblings posts something.

https://www.amazon.com/baby-reg/maryanna-bauer-october-2018-palmer/MB4A5V1UD6OC

8 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Wait is that a thing? how can someone refuse to have a csection knowing that could lead to a very bad outcome? (assuming that everything else is fine)

I’m not a degreed law professional but my understanding is that they cannot force a woman to undergo a surgery that she didn’t consent to. That being said, doctor can refuse to take a woman as a patient if she doesn’t follow his advice but if she simply shows up to the hospital in labor they have to treat her.

6 hours ago, Briefly said:

I think Courtney's first miscarriage was probably conceived on her honeymoon, from what she posted about it at the time.  But for some reason I thought she had two sets of twins? She did post about Irish triplets at one time, but that included her twins.

Yes, Courtney’s first miscarriage was before her oldest was born. She only has the one set of twins, Colt and Case born in 2015.

2 hours ago, albireo said:

Oh, one more registry: Maryanna (Buckingham) Bauer, who we found out got married last November because Christopher Maxwell photographed it, is expecting her first on October 9th. She's one of the Buckinghales. However, she doesn't have social media that I can find and neither does her husband, so it's unlikely we will find out about the birth when it happens unless one of her siblings posts something.

https://www.amazon.com/baby-reg/maryanna-bauer-october-2018-palmer/MB4A5V1UD6OC

Sharia Buckingham Hale might post about it. She posts a lot on Instagram. Half of it is Plexus stuff but the other half is family stuff. 

1 hour ago, Bethella said:

I’m not a degreed law professional but my understanding is that they cannot force a woman to undergo a surgery that she didn’t consent to. That being said, doctor can refuse to take a woman as a patient if she doesn’t follow his advice but if she simply shows up to the hospital in labor they have to treat her.

It is possible for a hospital to get a court order to compel a section, but it's incredibly, incredibly rare and also takes time to get.  A doctor is allowed, with certain restrictions, to "fire" a patient for not following advice.  Hospitals are required to treat anyone who presents to them in active labor or to transfer them to a facility that can treat them.

<--- degreed law professional

1 hour ago, Bethella said:

Yes, Courtney’s first miscarriage was before her oldest was born. She only has the one set of twins, Colt and Case born in 2015.

Callie and Cade are Irish twins, since Callie was so premature. Both are 5 right now, and will be until September. Colt and Case are Irish triplets with Cash - all will be three for a month and a half this Fall. 

17 hours ago, meee said:

Wait a second, I don't follow this person, but she's about to have Irish triplets? And her first was a C-section?

How is that POSSIBLE? I remember when Jill Dillard had her first C-section people  here were wondering if she'd space them out for maximum chances of a VBAC and it's been pointed out that Izzy and Sam have exactly the recommended age gap, and Sam was still a C-section (though admittedly ginormous).

But how is it SAFE to have a VBAC that soon? I'm surprised they let her. Was it a homebirth?

I think TECHNICALLY the first two aren't Irish twins because they were born more than a year apart. Just. By two days. #2 and #3 will be Irish twins if the due date on the registry is correct and she doesn't go super-duper late (like, three-and-a-half weeks late).

Technicalities aside, this speed is absolutely insane, especially given that her first birth was a C-section. Alyssa is incredibly lucky that she had a safe, apparently complication-free birth (and a VBAC at that) 12 months after a C/S, but that doesn't mean that her luck will continue indefinitely. She and Sam are really pushing their luck.

Courtney Rogers is indeed the only person I can think of who has babies in similar rapid succession. Some of the others have had Irish twins, but then there is usually a somewhat bigger gap afterwards (like with JRod or Erica Shupe).

Jill Rod started off with children in rapid succession but started to gradually slow down. And then she had a big gap where I believe she had at least two miscarriages. 

I am really hoping Alyssa starts to slow down a bit as time goes on. 

595A5703-9E56-49AD-B301-2E2134F77DC4.jpeg

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Jill Rod started off with children in rapid succession but started to gradually slow down. And then she had a big gap where I believe she had at least two miscarriages. 

Jill had 3 miscarriages between Hannah and Olivia and one miscarriage between Olivia and Sadie.

2 hours ago, Bethella said:

Jill had 3 SEVERE miscarriages between Hannah and Olivia and one SEVERE miscarriage between Olivia and Sadie.

Just sayin'.

22 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Alyssa's mother had 7 kids in 11 years (plus there's an older, rarely seen brother in the mix who could belong to one or the other parent, or could be a full sibling. I'm not sure.), but never managed a gap shorter than 18 months. So I guess it's just the combination of Campana and Morton fertility. 

I never saw that guy before. Damn! Now I'm curious!!

10 hours ago, JillyO said:

I think TECHNICALLY the first two aren't Irish twins because they were born more than a year apart. Just. By two days. #2 and #3 will be Irish twins if the due date on the registry is correct and she doesn't go super-duper late (like, three-and-a-half weeks late).

Eh, Victoria was due before  Norah turned a year and it's a couple of days, I think it still counts. 

The Radfords have 5 sets of Irish twins, and the first set was between their 6th and 7th child. Sue is ridiculously fertile. 

9 hours ago, ophelia said:

I never saw that guy before. Damn! Now I'm curious!!

There are two siblings that are not Campanas but used to be included by the family in the sibling count.. One has the mom's maiden name. Posts have alluded to jail time and him being a lost sheep essentially.

The other has another last name altogether. He has two kids and seems very involved with his family as the Campana kids post niece/nephew pictures. There are almost no pictures with him except for a family shot from Alyssa's wedding. 

My assumption has always been that they were from before the parents were married. One looks like he could be the mom's child. The other looks like the Campana boys but has her maiden name. Frank has referred to him as a son but not sure if he's just been a father figure instead. 

20 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

There are two siblings that are not Campanas but used to be included by the family in the sibling count.. One has the mom's maiden name. Posts have alluded to jail time and him being a lost sheep essentially.

The other has another last name altogether. He has two kids and seems very involved with his family as the Campana kids post niece/nephew pictures. There are almost no pictures with him except for a family shot from Alyssa's wedding. 

My assumption has always been that they were from before the parents were married. One looks like he could be the mom's child. The other looks like the Campana boys but has her maiden name. Frank has referred to him as a son but not sure if he's just been a father figure instead. 

I really really hate this kind of thing in fundie families. It’s hard enough to blend families but I imagine it’s so much worse in fundie families. Because fundie beliefs always look down on children born out of wedlock. So the children from previous relationships are of course going to look at themselves as “mistakes” and different from the siblings born to the perfect fundie marriage. It seems the children from previous relationships almost always are troubled. And the fundie parents don’t ever seem to be that understanding or empathetic with them. 

Is the elder son's last name actually Mama Campana's maiden name, or was she previously married and he uses the prior surname? I don't know much about the history of the family. Snark aside, I have noticed that Mrs. Campana seems older than her contemporaries with similarly aged children, so I have occasionally wondered if she got a later start. A second marriage or late first marriage would make sense.

Kennedy Morton has delivered her second daughter. No word yet on a name, but apparently both are doing fine. 

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived