IGNORED

Baby Bonanza: Upcoming Babies 11

Bethella

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SusanAtTheLastBattle said:

Uber-Catholic martyr to her own fertility Bonnie Engstrom is pregnant with her ninth. She claims to be happy.

By my count this is her eighth, I think she’s including a miscarriage in her total.

Oh shit. I totally expected this, but still. Shit. I sincerely hope that she is happy this time. 

For anyone who doesn't know, pregnancy, childbirth and child rearing have been extremely traumatic for her. One of her babies almost died (no pulse for an hour). I believe more than one has special needs. Several of them have severe food allergies. Her oldest daughter had open heart surgery around the time she gave birth to her youngest. She's written many times about the trauma of it all, postpartum depression, desperately trying and failing to find a method of NFP that would work for her, not being able to have sex with her husband for months and months as the only means to avoid pregnancy.

She's a smart, funny, down-to-earth, kind woman in a lot of ways, except for this one really huge way: she's completely and utterly batshit over orthodox Catholicism. She sold her soul to the Church. And she would definitely take that as a compliment.

Also, she's 37. This would be her eighth living child.* She could totally wind up in the double digits.

*Her first pregnancy ended in an early miscarriage, but I respect a woman's choice to count a miscarried child as a child.

Sharia Hale posted that Maryanna had a baby boy this morning. No name yet it seems. She also mentioned he's cousin #37 so far for her kids, wow.

3 hours ago, singsingsing said:

Oh shit. I totally expected this, but still. Shit. I sincerely hope that she is happy this time. 

For anyone who doesn't know, pregnancy, childbirth and child rearing have been extremely traumatic for her. One of her babies almost died (no pulse for an hour). I believe more than one has special needs. Several of them have severe food allergies. Her oldest daughter had open heart surgery around the time she gave birth to her youngest. She's written many times about the trauma of it all, postpartum depression, desperately trying and failing to find a method of NFP that would work for her, not being able to have sex with her husband for months and months as the only means to avoid pregnancy.

She's a smart, funny, down-to-earth, kind woman in a lot of ways, except for this one really huge way: she's completely and utterly batshit over orthodox Catholicism. She sold her soul to the Church. And she would definitely take that as a compliment.

Also, she's 37. This would be her eighth living child.* She could totally wind up in the double digits.

*Her first pregnancy ended in an early miscarriage, but I respect a woman's choice to count a miscarried child as a child.

I think that she is the one who didn't really even announce the last one until she gave birth, or possibly right before birth.  Even to her extended family.  If I'm remembering correctly.

I get the feeling from her blog that she never really expects to be pregnant again and is surprised each time, even though she seems to be very fertile.  I'm not sure if she's disappointed each time, or is genuinely scared.

3 hours ago, Briefly said:

I think that she is the one who didn't really even announce the last one until she gave birth, or possibly right before birth.  Even to her extended family.  If I'm remembering correctly.

I get the feeling from her blog that she never really expects to be pregnant again and is surprised each time, even though she seems to be very fertile.  I'm not sure if she's disappointed each time, or is genuinely scared.

Bonnie announced her pregnancy with Miriam just one day before she was born (on social media, then updated her blog months later) due to negative remarks she'd received when she announced her previous pregnancy. She told some family and friends, and even attended a large Catholic mommy conference in the later months, so it was an open secret. Mainly, she just seemed to want to avoid informing her casual social media and blogging audience, and probably extended family.

I think that Bonnie is one of those people who tells you *everything* when she's in the midst of a personal crisis, then when the crisis has passed, gets angry when you mention details that she chose to ignore or forget. She struggled with PPD for YEARS, and openly discussed it frequently, often with a subtext of financial worry. Her 2016 baby seemed to be a turning point, and she hasn't mentioned much about "baby blues" or money troubles in the years since. I get the impression that she resents being reminded of the things that she used to discuss about her pregnancies, and feels victimized by people asking about her mental or physical health instead of focusing on the jOy oF a nEw LiFe.

I'm getting ready to update the list. Does anyone know about Jordan (Hammond) Yuck who was due in September with a girl? @Hortense Peyrac I think you posted about the pregnancy announcement.

5 hours ago, Bethella said:

Does anyone know about Jordan (Hammond) Yuck who was due in September with a girl?

I don't know yet, but Kelly Hammond (Jordan's father) didn't post on FB since october the 7th, although he usually posted every day...... Maybe he and his wife are visiting in Canada......

The other sources are very discreet....

She does not blog much any more but Sarah from the As lilies blog (http://asliliessewing.blogspot.com) mentioned that her sister was pregnant with her first child (also has a stepson). What did she have/is she still pregnant? Sarah seems to have backed off of social media so maybe they have chosen to keep the pregnancy information as private as possible but I am curious.

1 hour ago, browngrl said:

She does not blog much any more but Sarah from the As lilies blog (http://asliliessewing.blogspot.com) mentioned that her sister was pregnant with her first child (also has a stepson). What did she have/is she still pregnant? Sarah seems to have backed off of social media so maybe they have chosen to keep the pregnancy information as private as possible but I am curious.

Leah is still on the list, due in October. I don’t follow them so I might have missed a birth announcement.

The thing I like about Bonnie is that she's very honest about the difficulties of trying to not get pregnant - she and her husband just seem super-fertile, and she's tried all kinds of "natural family planning" and they just don't work (and she wrote really well about how much it hurts to be told "you're just doing it wrong, NFP is 100% successful when done right) - and she's written about how frustrating it has been for her and her husband to live in a sexless marriage for months/years.  I like that about her, because at least she talks about the down-sides of her choices. 

BUT she extrapolates her choosing to going through all kinds of legit troubles to live her lifestyle to judging everyone who doesn't do what she does.  She has talked about the family's financial troubles, and she is less coy than she used to be about the vast amount of paid social media stuff she does, and she gets a load of support from her church community - and that's such a privilege, it enables her to have all those kids, but it's not there for everyone, and I wish she'd admit that.  But yeah, admitting it would make her a lucky person, supported to live her convictions, rather than a martyr for her faith, and I don't think she's ready to do that.

6 hours ago, Hortense Peyrac said:

Kaeleigh Tull (Holt) is expecting her 4th, due in may...... according her FB

At least there was a gap between her #3 and #4. Her first three were born so close together! 

7 hours ago, Hortense Peyrac said:

Kaeleigh Tull (Holt) is expecting her 4th, due in may...... according her FB

In the comments Kaeleigh says shes 8 weeks and that was 2 weeks ago. So (according to my math) she'll be due around mid-May.

I feel like we're really overdue for an announcement from the Duggars. It feels weird that none of them are known to be pregnant right now. Not that I want that, but it still feels weird. 

5 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I feel like we're really overdue for an announcement from the Duggars. It feels weird that none of them are known to be pregnant right now. Not that I want that, but it still feels weird. 

I agree. It’s weird. I bet Lauren will announce next. 

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree. It’s weird. I bet Lauren will announce next. 

I agree. And I'm afraid that one the young mothers, Kendra or Joy, will announce a second child.

I wouldn't be surprised if many of these young mothers live in the fear of becoming pregnant again (Joy, Kendra, perhaps even Jessa). That thought breaks my heart... Such unnecessary stress when there's such a simple solution: condoms! Life is stressful enough as is without adding the stress of never knowing when you'll be pregnant again.

Quiverful is cruel.

1 hour ago, albireo said:

According to Elizabeth Daming's IG, her sister Heidi had baby Ada Jane yesterday.

What a cute name. 

Based on her facebook picture, it looks like Rachel Tunstill (Austin Forsyth's half sister) had a boy

6 hours ago, albireo said:

According to Elizabeth Daming's IG, her sister Heidi had baby Ada Jane yesterday.

How many kids does her sister Monica have by now? I can't keep up with her fertility.

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived