IGNORED

Baby Bonanza: Upcoming Babies 11

Bethella

7 minutes ago, Hortense Peyrac said:

She graduated in 2016.... so 20 or 21 yo??

That was college, so she's probably around 24.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like Lydia Coghlan had another one Thea Jane yesterday which puts her two about 13 months apart....nothing like doing exactly what your parents did...

53 minutes ago, teachergirl said:

It looks like Lydia Coghlan had another one Thea Jane yesterday which puts her two about 13 months apart....nothing like doing exactly what your parents did...

Well that’s just sad. 

1 minute ago, ophelia said:

Which one is Lydia? Wasn't there one girl that broke with her family? Is Lydia still fundie?

As far as I know Lydia is still fundy. She's the third child. The one that broke away is Deanna, the oldest. Deanna is divorced and has a child with her boyfriend. She's posted here as @Denonner.

Lydia still seems to be close with her family. She doesn’t actually look fundie since she dyes her hair green or other colors. She’s married and her last name is Hinrichs now. 

7 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Adeline Morton just posted that Dorothy had her baby girl last night. She hasn’t mentioned a name

They just posted it’s Brielle Jeanine Sanders. 

Kate (Ehlinger) Wahlquist is expecting #4..... due March 23th 2019.... So she will have 4 children under 3 in march, and she'll only 23 years old.......

10 minutes ago, Hortense Peyrac said:

Kate (Ehlinger) Wahlquist is expecting #4..... due March 23th 2019.... So she will have 4 children under 3 in march, and she'll only 23 years old.......

How old was she when she got married. 

5 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

How old was she when she got married. 

I don’t have an exact birthday for her, but they got married in July 2014, so about 19.

4 hours ago, Hortense Peyrac said:

Oh my goodness; she had a C-section with Emmaline and somehow had a VBAC with all those flu complications with Phillip. Astounding. She will have a lot of kids...

Aberavon is making me laugh and laugh.  It would mean "mouth of the river" in a weird mix of Welsh (aber) and English, as Avon is a corruption of the Welsh for river (afon).  The two Avons that come off the Severn (which separates England and Wales) are most likely names that came up after asking local Celts "what do you call that then?":  "it's a river, innit?", so River Avon basically means River River.

(The only Avon with a traditional mouth is the Bristol Avon, and the mouth is surrounded by big industrial ports, so it's not exactly the place you'd name a baby after)

13 minutes ago, Lurky said:

Aberavon is making me laugh and laugh.  It would mean "mouth of the river" in a weird mix of Welsh (aber) and English, as Avon is a corruption of the Welsh for river (afon). The two Avons that come off the Severn (which separates England and Wales) are most likely names that came up after asking local Celts "what do you call that then?":  "it's a river, innit?", so River Avon basically means River River.

It's exactly that! I admit, however, I'm not sure of the pronunciations.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aberavon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Afan

@albireo  The river Afan in Welsh would be Afon Afan - it's just that the English did that "renaming things as we take them over".

Got to admit I've never heard of Aberavon, but that really isn't surprising, as it's a neighbourhood of a small town, that's very definitely industrial, and I'm pretty fascinated why they've chosen to name their daughter after it.  I guess Port Talbot would be a boy's name in Fundyland! 

ETA But seriously, if it's a call back to Welsh heritage, surely they'd use the Welsh name, Aberafan?  Especially as that references the river, rather than the English Colonial approach of not bothering to learn how to say the name correctly, so calling it something that sounds similar, but has a completely different meaning...

1 hour ago, Lurky said:

Got to admit I've never heard of Aberavon, but that really isn't surprising, as it's a neighbourhood of a small town, that's very definitely industrial, and I'm pretty fascinated why they've chosen to name their daughter after it.  I guess Port Talbot would be a boy's name in Fundyland! 

ETA But seriously, if it's a call back to Welsh heritage, surely they'd use the Welsh name, Aberafan?  Especially as that references the river, rather than the English Colonial approach of not bothering to learn how to say the name correctly, so calling it something that sounds similar, but has a completely different meaning...

All their kids are named after towns associated with their favorite preachers, in this case Martin Lloyd-Jones. https://www.desiringgod.org/articles/pointers-from-a-westminster-pastor

Courtney's got her first bump pic up. There's a woman commenting that she's on her 10th kid, too, with 4 sets of Irish twins. Oy - looks like Courtney's not the only one with super fertility. 

49 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Courtney's got her first bump pic up. There's a woman commenting that she's on her 10th kid, too, with 4 sets of Irish twins. Oy - looks like Courtney's not the only one with super fertility. 

And on that woman's profile it says she's only 29. Yikes!

According to Katelyn Wahlquist's IG, Beth's baby is named Braun and he was 5 weeks old on September 1st, so... born late July?

32 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

And on that woman's profile it says she's only 29. Yikes!

Yup. According to her facebook she doesn't have any twins, she just has them back to back to back. But she can't use the 10under10 hashtag so I guess Courtney still wins :pb_lol:

Sometimes I wonder about the husbands of these super fertile quiverfull women. How does Courtney's husband feel about raising and supporting #10under10? I'm sure the husbands are on board with the quiverfull ideology but theres a huge difference between having say 5 kids under 10 and having twice that. And they dont know how fertile theyre going to be until after they start trying for children so they dont necessarily know there will be a new baby every year. So is Courtney's husband as on board with the new baby every Thanksgiving as she is or is she the the main one behind that decision?

Oh come on Courtney you are like 5-6 weeks pregnant. That’s not a baby bump that’s a just had a baby a few months ago bump ?

33 minutes ago, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

Oh come on Courtney you are like 5-6 weeks pregnant. That’s not a baby bump that’s a just had a baby a few months ago bump ?

Or a 'had a good lunch'-bump

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic

Archived