IGNORED

Karissa Collins: Quiverfull Public Facebook, Instagram, and Blog

luv2laugh

That Above Rubies article was such a load of bullcrap. Her husband lost his job, and then she decided that she'd heard from God personally that she needed to quit her job too? So she came home and TOLD (not asked, not discussed) TOLD her husband she was quitting.

Explain to me how that headship thing works again, Karissa.

And God "never failed them." All their financial and other needs were miraculously supplied by Jeebus. Horseshit. Probably "provided" the same way JRod's grifting provides for her family. 

Somebody who quits a decent job and "trusts God" to put food on the table for their kids is a crappy parent. Life don't work that way, sweetheart. 

Um, apparently this made me a bit angrier than necessary...

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Evangeline said:

There's something extra gross about a white mother under-educating and brainwashing her black daughters into not using birth control. Black women don't get praised for having more children than they can support. They get vilified. I really worry for them, more than most fundie girls, even. The world won't be as kind to them as it is to their mother. 

I completely agree. She should be well aware of what POCs go through and the discrimination and prejudices that they face in this world currently ruled by patriarchal, white, wealthy men. It's disappointing that she doesn't write more about being an advocate for her kids with all the oppression. In fact, even sicker, she wants to basically oppress them by telling them they are not designed to rule the world nor designed to be greater than a man. That is very destructive to a child's self-esteem. 

6 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

WTF Karissa?!?! Her 6 girls DESERVE to run the world. How dare she put their picture up and say actually say they (women), “are not designed to be greater than a man”. 

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

One more thing- Karissa has to admit to herself that she has white privilege. She also had the privilege of choosing how to live her life and what convictions to have. It upsets me that a white mother is denying her POC children opportunities of making their own life decisions when they are already lacking the privileges Karissa has had. It’s not fair.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I "discovered" this woman today. Wow. Every picture is so very posed and picture perfect, but every single post is a big long sermon. Ugh.

On 7/7/2018 at 5:31 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

If she has a second boy, I think his name will be Androyd, Anker, or Androo.

You win a prize! Baby boy's name will be Anchor.

Edited by snickerz
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, snickerz said:

I "discovered" this woman today. Wow. Every picture is so very posed and picture perfect, but every single post is a big long sermon. Ugh.

You win a prize! Baby boy's name will be Anchor.

Oh my god I was joking! Those were joke names! This woman is insane! 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...

I almost accidentally stumbled upon her Instagram account today and even though I haven't used FJ in ages... It enraged me so much I actually had to share, if only not to feel like I was alone in reading such crap. 

Everything she shared in her latest post is surrounded by red flags and alarms ringing all over the place - that I wish was someone phoning CPS. She basically talks about low-key manipulating her husband into having as many children as God wanted to give them, while the man was at least having a shred of coherence by wanting to get a vasectomy (which he ultimately didn't get because ~God). More red flags popped up with a paragraph about her bills basically being paid by themselves as neither of them had a job, and her husband having to stop using a spreadsheet for them because God's magical way of paying their bills wasn't making any Earthly sense. Then she goes on saying how she stopped seeking medical attention while nine months pregnant with #4 after a ton of issues, and miraculously got cured! 

What really makes me more uncomfortable with her is that her kids are black: they won't grow up having her same privilege, even if she thinks God is going to pave their way or whatever other thing she's told herself so she can sleep at night. If this mentality is dangerous for white Christians, as a Latina myself I dread to think about what's going to happen to those poor kids when they reach adulthood holding these beliefs (if Mom's still healthy enough during their childhood/teenage years to guide them through it, that is). 

(I apologize if this was nonsensical rambling. English is very clearly not my native language, and it is pretty late here - I just couldn't let go of the topic without ranting about it because gosh, the nerve of that woman.)

ETA, I apologize if this wasn't the right place to comment on it. 

Edited by Jooosefina
  • Upvote 5
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

• 3 months later...

I've been following this woman for a while on Instagram, and she is infuriating. This post doesn't really fit under the grifting topic because I don't think she actively requested this stuff, but it certainly fits under the 'boasting about getting free stuff because God, not because we make responsible and sensible decisions' heading.

This is the text from her most recent IG post.

Spoiler

thecollinskids

Proof is in the pudding... "This is religion at it's most stupid." This is a comment that was made when I shared that God is our provider and we can trust Him to provide for us.

Well, the proof of God and His provision is in the pudding. So let me brag on God for a second.

Since giving birth, the provisions and evidence of our Provider have been pouring in.

We won a year of food from Slim's Chicken. We won a year of food from Whataburger. We were given 7 free kids meals from Chick-fil-A at the mall three days ago. We were needing a full bed and were randomly given one. We have had dinner provided for us for the past fourteen days. We were given all the diapers Anchor will need in his first year. We were given all of his clothes. We were given random amounts of money from anonymous people. And I am sure I am missing so much.

God is our provider. And we want to thank every single person that God used in helping provide for us. From a package of diapers, a meal, a gorgeous gift, to simply praying or voting for us. We know that God uses His people. We are so very blessed and thankful for each one of you and the part you play in allowing God to bless you for being a blessing to us. We pray many blessings over each and every one of you.

The disconnect between this type of fundy who think getting free stuff is a blessing from God, but that publicly funded health care and unemployment benefits is Satans work just makes my brain bleed.

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 1

On 6/7/2019 at 6:16 AM, Jooosefina said:

Thank you for posting this. Isn't a key aspect of the fundie evangelical culture that the husband leads the home, makes the big decisions, and the wife is supposed to follow (unless it is illegal, or puts the wife or children in danger)? For the record I don't agree with the patriarchal relationship, and think both partners should be equals. Clearly Mrs. Collins was ignoring her husband and his wishes/desires/plans for the future. Does she really think it is a better idea to risk her health and possibly her life to have another child? 

30 minutes ago, Katzchen24 said:

The disconnect between this type of fundy who think getting free stuff is a blessing from God, but that publicly funded health care and unemployment benefits is Satans work just makes my brain bleed.

I love the hypocrisy! Also why don't those who donate the clothes, diapers, meals get the credit? God didn't go to the store, buy the ingredients and make the meal. A person used their own money to buy the ingredients, and took time out of their day to make and probably deliver the meal. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Oh boy. I had almost forgotten about this nutcase until this thread popped up and I went back to her instagram for the first time in months. She posted a picture of her newborn shitting all over her husband with the baby's anus either visible or barely hidden, I'm not zooming in to check. Plus a nice bonus shot of infant poop all over the floor and the dad's foot. Lady, I get that motherhood and infants are pretty gross sometimes, but why the hell would you post that in high res, full color, for the entire world to see? 

Side note, for some reason my phone tried to capitalize "Anus" which, tbh, fits pretty well the rest of her terrible names that also begin with "An". Some of these names are second only to "Heistheway" in awfulness. 

I'm surprised the anti-vax thing hasn't gotten more coverage on here. Another instance of "pro-life" actually being nothing more than "pro-birth". 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Did you guys catch the "lol oops" post about forgetting one of the sleeping children in the car while the whole fam-bam posed for a picture? Her fangirls are having a hard time covering everyone in the comments who points out (rightfully) that such behavior is neglect and maybe if she had fewer children she could keep track of them all.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Another woman claiming women must submit to their husbands, while also manipulating her husband into having more children than he wants. Nope, no hypocrisy here, not at all. 

Edited by Giraffe
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

• 8 months later...

Annnd... here she goes. Again. And not hiding her disappointment with having yet another girl very well at all. Gawd help all those children.

• Upvote 1

Not only is it going to be a girl, she said "God told her it was a boy". The baby will be called "Anthym". God has also told her she will have twin boys, named Arrow and Archer. Hopefully, God won't tell her this child should be born in a Target. And will also tell her to get some medical care...

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Zebedee said:

Not only is it going to be a girl, she said "God told her it was a boy". The baby will be called "Anthym". God has also told her she will have twin boys, named Arrow and Archer. Hopefully, God won't tell her this child should be born in a Target. And will also tell her to get some medical care...

God also told her this child would be a worship leader. And she thinks it’s smiling and singing in the womb. Way to force a personality on a yet unborn child. Good luck Anthym Bliss, you’ll need it.

• 2 months later...

I just found her Instagram today... apparently while fasting and praying she was led by a vision to have ...

A Christ assisted birth. 

The reckless endangerment of her unborn Childs life is just baffling. How the heck do you call yourself pro-life but choose to put your child at risk like that??? 

I don't even understand how she could call herself pro birth if that's how she's choosing to deliver. 

I would suggest Jesus is my Midwife as a post count title... But tbh it seems a little dark and morbid. Even for me. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 3

• 1 month later...

Anchor broke his leg after injuring it at a trampoline park, she obviously wasn't paying attention to him but according to Karissa it's Satan's fault it happened not her for being neglectful. 

• WTF 5

• 2 weeks later...

Karissa's Christ-assisted birth has begun... At least, I think that is the meaning of "the birth [dance] party has started"

• WTF 1

23 minutes ago, J.O.Y.nomore said:

Karissa's Christ-assisted birth has begun... At least, I think that is the meaning of "the birth [dance] party has started"

Where did she post that? She says she always goes overdue so I figured she might have a few more days. 

• Upvote 1

I saw it on You Tube. I don't subscribe to her channel....didn't even know she had one to be honest...but it showed up on my recommended videos.

• Upvote 1

Do we think she will be truthful if there are any complications? Hope all goes well, because she insists her children be there with her.

• Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

WTF did I just watch?

I just went to Karissa Collins youtube and watched the video entitled "Water Broke Dance Off".

The description of the video is birth party has begun.

Since this is a party, there seem to be four other adults/teenagers with Karissa and her herd of kids. One of the ladies walks through the video and the other three are up dancing with Karissa and the kids. I think this is baby #9 so I only counted 7 or 8 kids at the beginning.

They seem to be watching dance party tracks for kids. It's cross between the kids bop of my childhood and EDM. The videos have dance steps where people move side to side and do arms motions. Everyone watching the video is trying to do the steps.

About 2 minutes Karissa is leaky so she gets a towel handed to her by hubby, who looks unamused. She's having a grand old time. She puts the towel underneath her. Then she gets another towel to wipe with later. 

The songs all have lyrics geared to kids. They skip some, but unfortunately not the one "Everybody Poops". This is a gross tune with lyrics about poop, diarrhea, getting enough fiber, etc. They dance to it. 

At one point a child of about eight walks in holding a baby, probably the youngest. She sits on the ottoman holding and tending the baby. She also wants to dance a little moving her arms and trying to move the baby arms. I wanted one of the older people dancing to take that baby, so girl can dance. Also I did worry a little about the baby, although the kid holding her was doing a good job for a kid.

It seems that Karissa has some help, or at least some other adult besides her husband to help her with labor. 

The video is ten minutes long and not well viewed. 

• Thank You 2

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked, locked and unlocked this topic
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic