IGNORED

Karissa Collins: Quiverfull Public Facebook, Instagram, and Blog

luv2laugh

On 2/20/2023 at 10:48 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s successful in Karissa’s mind because she got what she wanted. 

Perhaps it would lift Karissa's spirit to enjoy a ladies luncheon with JRod and Braggie Abbie, perhaps at Lazy Lori's house. They could side-eye each other while feasting on sardines, sauerkraut, slimy salad and Einkorn bread and discuss the wonders of their large families. Or maybe just meet at the nice Olive Garden and leave Lori at home.

• 4 weeks later...

Karissas youngest girl was hospitalized again for an UTI that went septic.  I didn’t watch the video, but did notice Karissa called it the worst week of her life.

• Angry 4
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 6

23 minutes ago, KWLand said:

Karissas youngest girl was hospitalized again for an UTI that went septic.  I didn’t watch the video, but did notice Karissa called it the worst week of her life.

I watched the whole video so no one else has to. 

It was disturbing to watch because it’s extremely obvious she was dealing with PPD. She’s likely been dealing with some level of PPD since the birth of Armor. But it was made worse by Anthym’s hospitalization. I’m not diagnosing. She said it herself that it was probably PPD. I think Anthym’s UTI and hospitalization was a huge trigger for her. We know she did not deal with the last hospitalization well at all. We know because of what she said about the situation. She didn’t handle it well at all. So I’m thinking that it happening again triggered her and she described not eating, not talking, and having suicidal thoughts (said she wasn’t good enough for her kids and didn’t want to live anymore). She was actually even thinking about checking her self into a psych hospital. But as we all know, she didn’t do that and honestly I think she would have to be at death’s door for her to do that willingly. So she scream prayed in the bath tub and like magic, god took it all away. She was all better after that. Part of me has a lot of empathy for her and the other part sees how harmful her messages are. Women should get the help they need with PPD. You can’t pray the PPD away. You need to talk to your doctor. You need help. I’m guessing she will have another “relapse” of Anthym gets another UTI. I can’t help but think she’s just holding on by a thread and convincing herself that praying fixed herself PPD. And it’s just going to come right back if Anthym gets sick again. I’m so disgusted with the people around her. Like her husband and mother. If she harms herself or others I will be holding her husband responsible. He’s watching all this happen. 

PS: poor Anthym has lost some speech and some of her neck function dude to her infection. You can see it in the video. It’s heartbreaking. Karissa said something about CK deficiency but it was just in passing. It makes me wonder if she’s not taking it seriously or just can’t handle her child having an ongoing problem. I wouldn’t be surprised if she was in denial about her daughter’s ongoing health issues. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 10
  • Thank You 4

Karissa needs help. I'm happy her mom seems to do well with the kids, but here and there visits aren't the way to get solid care, IMO. She and Mandrae don't need more kids, they need help with the ones they have--no shame in that. Go ask Shaq, and if he recovers from whatever surgery he just had, maybe he can help

Her mom told one of the older girls to remember to wash her leopard print sweater. 

• Upvote 8

39 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I watched the whole video so no one else has to. 

It was disturbing to watch because it’s extremely obvious she was dealing with PPD. She’s likely been dealing with some level of PPD since the birth of Armor. But it was made worse by Anthym’s hospitalization. I’m not diagnosing. She said it herself that it was probably PPD. I think Anthym’s UTI and hospitalization was a huge trigger for her. We know she did not deal with the last hospitalization well at all. We know because of what she said about the situation. She didn’t handle it well at all. So I’m thinking that it happening again triggered her and she described not eating, not talking, and having suicidal thoughts (said she wasn’t good enough for her kids and didn’t want to live anymore). She was actually even thinking about checking her self into a psych hospital. But as we all know, she didn’t do that and honestly I think she would have to be at death’s door for her to do that willingly. So she scream prayed in the bath tub and like magic, god took it all away. She was all better after that. Part of me has a lot of empathy for her and the other part sees how harmful her messages are. Women should get the help they need with PPD. You can’t pray the PPD away. You need to talk to your doctor. You need help. I’m guessing she will have another “relapse” of Anthym gets another UTI. I can’t help but think she’s just holding on by a thread and convincing herself that praying fixed herself PPD. And it’s just going to come right back if Anthym gets sick again. I’m so disgusted with the people around her. Like her husband and mother. If she harms herself or others I will be holding her husband responsible. He’s watching all this happen. 

PS: poor Anthym has lost some speech and some of her neck function dude to her infection. You can see it in the video. It’s heartbreaking. Karissa said something about CK deficiency but it was just in passing. It makes me wonder if she’s not taking it seriously or just can’t handle her child having an ongoing problem. I wouldn’t be surprised if she was in denial about her daughter’s ongoing health issues. 

Thanks.  Someone on another board said Karissa mentioned, herself was hospitalized for an infection after Armors birth.  Did she mention that in the video?

the “good” thing about the Collins is there is medical records for the ever growing medical needs.  Plus they interact with people outside of their circle.  Oh and Karissa has no problems sharing about all of these issues.  I worry more for the families who don’t have those two things.

even though Karissa said CPS doesn’t have an open case against them, I hope she’s wrong and or another is opened and she is told to make and keep follow up appointments 

• Upvote 6

I posted in the baby thread about Karissa scream praising when A was vomiting about a week ago. Since the stomach virus has been bad lately, seemed likely it was a stomach bug. Not sure if it perhaps a trigger to the UTI or early stages of infection brewing now. I stand by what I said there that Karissa needed to seek help and there wasn't any shame in that. 

Her beliefs are problematic, for sure, but it's clear something's been off with her for some time. Her husband is a real piece of work making her feel guilty for wanting to take a break. Her "friends" aren't helpful at all either. I can't snark. I struggle with severe anxiety and have OCD and depression as well and as a former fundie, I understand being told it's "Satan" and to give it to god and take control/authority over it and magic, all better. It's not how it works. Anyone would struggle with what's she been through the past month and add in PPD and other mental illness and I feel for her. I just wish she'd see a therapist and consider some medication and even NFP if against any hormonal birth control for some time to give her body and mind a break. 

47 minutes ago, KWLand said:

Thanks.  Someone on another board said Karissa mentioned, herself was hospitalized for an infection after Armors birth.  Did she mention that in the video?

the “good” thing about the Collins is there is medical records for the ever growing medical needs.  Plus they interact with people outside of their circle.  Oh and Karissa has no problems sharing about all of these issues.  I worry more for the families who don’t have those two things.

even though Karissa said CPS doesn’t have an open case against them, I hope she’s wrong and or another is opened and she is told to make and keep follow up appointments 

She did mention that and that they were going to see a urologist about A's condition. She mentioned A has a CK deficiency. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

49 minutes ago, KWLand said:

Yes, she mentioned she had an infection too. She had her homebirth that she thought was perfect and wonderful yet she ended up with an infection and so did her baby. I wish she could see that the unassisted homebirth wasn’t a good choice and chose to only have hospital births in the future. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

25 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yes, she mentioned she had an infection too. She had her homebirth that she thought was perfect and wonderful yet she ended up with an infection and so did her baby. I wish she could see that the unassisted homebirth wasn’t a good choice and chose to only have hospital births in the future. 

So much for that clean womb she was talking about the medical field telling her (which was a lie, no one would say that).

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It was disturbing to watch because it’s extremely obvious she was dealing with PPD. She’s likely been dealing with some level of PPD since the birth of Armor.

So she scream prayed in the bath tub and like magic, god took it all away. She was all better after that. 

It almost looks like she's having to scream louder and louder and more and more to drown out the bad stuff going on inside her head. I can understand how that might feel like it's working to her, and maybe in another life she would be using alcohol or some other addiction or behaviour to deal with her life. In the end it's just ways of drowning the symptoms, not a cure for the illness itself. She'll never do the work though as long as she thinks it's not up to her to fix it.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Katzchen24 said:

It almost looks like she's having to scream louder and louder and more and more to drown out the bad stuff going on inside her head. I can understand how that might feel like it's working to her, and maybe in another life she would be using alcohol or some other addiction or behaviour to deal with her life. In the end it's just ways of drowning the symptoms, not a cure for the illness itself. She'll never do the work though as long as she thinks it's not up to her to fix it.

Teri Maxwell dealt with depression and mostly used lists and timed increments to get through the day. 

• Upvote 6

I feel so bad for all of them.  The kids deserve parents who take better of themselves and them.  The kids struggled with Anthem being hospitalized once and Karissa checking out, it happening again right after Armors hospitalization has to be so scary and they are not only given safe place to process, they are expected to sing and dance for mom.  At least no smiles are forced and that is sad that it has to be said.

im glad karissas being more forthcoming with post birth complications for her and Armor, but don’t expect it to change anyone’s opinion on the home birth of Karissa or for themself.

thanks all for watching so all of us don’t have to

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1

She needs help. 

On the other hand, how did they (Karissa and Mandrae) not notice how sick their little girl? I've never heard of UTI that was this severe. I wonder if there were signs they missed. 

I hope the little girl gets better and Karissa gets help.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bluebirdbluebell said:

She needs help. 

On the other hand, how did they (Karissa and Mandrae) not notice how sick their little girl? I've never heard of UTI that was this severe. I wonder if there were signs they missed. 

Karissa is a very poor narrator. But she said something about a deficiency. And that’s why the infection makes her very sick very fast. Take that with a grain of salt since she’s such a poor narrator. 

• Upvote 5

I had a UTI go septic this past summer.  It was missed by the lab at least twice before I went into shock and it was then caught.  I had no common UTI symptoms.  Has been in the ER three times and hospitalized twice for different issues.  My understanding is ,perhaps like Anthym, dehydration played a part in masking my symptoms until it got severe.   I have little memory of the week, but still came home with trauma related and like Anthym my muscles shut down requiring learning to walk and nerve damage.  

I don’t think the Ck deficiency is connected to the uti.  Just two separate things.

did finally watch the video.  I cried more than Karissa.  How can she tell the story so cold like?  Those poor poor kids

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 3
  • Love 3

27 minutes ago, KWLand said:

I had a UTI go septic this past summer.  It was missed by the lab at least twice before I went into shock and it was then caught.  I had no common UTI symptoms.  Has been in the ER three times and hospitalized twice for different issues.  My understanding is ,perhaps like Anthym, dehydration played a part in masking my symptoms until it got severe.   I have little memory of the week, but still came home with trauma related and like Anthym my muscles shut down requiring learning to walk and nerve damage.  

I don’t think the Ck deficiency is connected to the uti.  Just two separate things.

did finally watch the video.  I cried more than Karissa.  How can she tell the story so cold like?  Those poor poor kids

Thank You for sharing! I had no idea it could be that bad. 

There are many issues I have with Karissa. The medical system isn't perfect, but she needs to trust it more.  And that's just one issue. 

However I don't know if it's fair to judge her for seeming cold. We have no idea what's going on with her. Sometimes people are burned out, sometimes it's easier to get the facts out, etc. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Thank You for sharing! I had no idea it could be that bad. 

There are many issues I have with Karissa. The medical system isn't perfect, but she needs to trust it more.  And that's just one issue. 

However I don't know if it's fair to judge her for seeming cold. We have no idea what's going on with her. Sometimes people are burned out, sometimes it's easier to get the facts out, etc. 

thank you for the reminder.  I am JRod emotional so I have to remind myself not everyone is and need reminded not to judge others when they react differently.  When I worked the joke was a meeting couldn’t end until I cried. Happy cry, sad cry, tired cry, just some kind of cry.   Again thanks for the reminder 

• Upvote 6

It isn’t unusual for someone with PPD to not be emotional. I know we think it looks like crying all day long but it can also manifest as a lack of emotion too. We know her PPD wasn’t magically cured from scream praying. It’s going to still be there. Even if she tries to ignore it.

• Upvote 6

18 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

She needs help. 

People can become very critically ill with UTIs with high, high fevers and septic shock with multisystem faure.

• Upvote 5

So since the birth of Armor, he was in the NICU, Karissa was hospitalized for four days (possibly meconium-related?), and Anthym was hospitalized AGAIN for a UTI turned septic. And her husband left during the NICU time for some dude-retreat. 
I really dislike K as a person and a parent, but I hope she gets a LOT of help, ASAP. Everything about their situation is terrifying.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

I am no fan of Karissa, but that video was genuinely upsetting. She should have gone to the ER and stayed there until she was helped! I had a mental health crisis last summer, and I am so thankful for the doctor/therapist/medications that helped me through it. Prayer and a support system at church *helped* but by no means were a cure- all. I'm glad that her mother was able to come over and help, but her husband sounds like an unsupportive hat of asses. 

I don't agree with her beliefs or "parenting" style, but as a fellow human being who has Been There my heart hurts for her. 🥺

• Upvote 8
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, PopRox said:

I am no fan of Karissa, but that video was genuinely upsetting. She should have gone to the ER and stayed there until she was helped! I had a mental health crisis last summer, and I am so thankful for the doctor/therapist/medications that helped me through it. Prayer and a support system at church *helped* but by no means were a cure- all. I'm glad that her mother was able to come over and help, but her husband sounds like an unsupportive hat of asses. 

I don't agree with her beliefs or "parenting" style, but as a fellow human being who has Been There my heart hurts for her. 🥺

I didn’t understand it as she went to the ER for help with PPD, but for physical reasons.  I understood it as she didn’t tell them the whole story because unless she checked out AMA, I can’t imagine a hospital letting her leave without at least an eval.  Now she did say she refused the blood transfusion during the post birth stay, so she could have refused treatment for mental health too.

Id suspect Mandrae is also having mental breakdown.  Getting mad at her for asking for a break, sitting with Anthym 24/7 for 5 days, getting up at night with the two youngest, etc.  

I just can’t imagine how any parent comes out of this without some trauma response.  

• Upvote 6

22 minutes ago, KWLand said:

I didn’t understand it as she went to the ER for help with PPD, but for physical reasons.  I understood it as she didn’t tell them the whole story because unless she checked out AMA, I can’t imagine a hospital letting her leave without at least an eval.  Now she did say she refused the blood transfusion during the post birth stay, so she could have refused treatment for mental health too.

Id suspect Mandrae is also having mental breakdown.  Getting mad at her for asking for a break, sitting with Anthym 24/7 for 5 days, getting up at night with the two youngest, etc.  

I just can’t imagine how any parent comes out of this without some trauma response.  

I think she was in the hospital for her infection right after birth with the baby. She didn’t see any PPD symptoms then. It wasn’t until the baby got out of the hospital and then Anthym had another uti and hospitalization that she started to see the PPD. This was more recent. She thought about checking herself into the psych unit of a hospital but didn’t. That was probably last week that she was having very bad PPD symptoms but then she prayed and got all better. 

• Upvote 5

I’m not surprised someone reported her to CPS. What she posted was alarming. But then she posted a video of six of her young kids jumping on a trampoline without a net. I guess she wants another trip to the ER 🤷🏻‍♀️

960E2F4D-C232-4884-BC79-A98E594E8E35.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m not surprised someone reported her to CPS. What she posted was alarming. But then she posted a video of six of her young kids jumping on a trampoline without a net. I guess she wants another trip to the ER 🤷🏻‍♀️

Glad she was reported, especially after she supposedly said they don’t investigate them anymore because CPS knows it’s unfounded.  That’s not how CPS works.  Or not how it’s suppose to work.  

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

While CPS won't remove the children here, I hope they offered some advice and resources for Karissa whether she is happy about it or not. 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked, locked and unlocked this topic
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic