IGNORED

Zara’s Baby Daughter...

tabitha2

Finally has a name. Lena(pronounced Layna) Elizabeth Tindall. Pretty name but don’t know why she wasn’t just named Layna in the first place. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

People who deliberately want to name a child name a and pronounce it as name b always bug me.

• I Agree 7
  • Love 2

I know two people named Lena and both pronounce it like Layna, so it is common enough in my area at least. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Ah, my grandma's grandma was Lena pronounced LEE-na, so this is tripping me up. Pretty name, regardless!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I know three Lenas all pronounced Lee nah.  That includes a great-aunt.

• I Agree 2

22 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Ah, my grandma's grandma was Lena pronounced LEE-na, so this is tripping me up. Pretty name, regardless!

One of my great grandmother's was Lena pronounced that way as well. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think Lay-na is the popular pronunciation in many European countries, such as Germany. I have a friend called Elena (ell-ay-na). It's one of those names with many pronunciations according to region/accent/etc.

My name, Claudia, has multiple pronunciations, the "British" and the "European/German". The American is similar to the British, it depends on how you pronounce "claw". Brits tend to be more "clor-dia" and Americans more "clar-dia"/long a (I think, I've not heard my name pronounced in an American accent that often, and of course there are multiple American accents). European is "cloud-ia". After doing German for a total of eleven years (through school and university) I am used to and respond to both. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

• 2 years later...

Right? He is definitely his parents boy! He has a need for speed! Mike probably already has visions of toddler Rugby lessons and tiny jerseys dancing in his head LOL

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

What’s wrong with Mike?

I don't like the amount of comments he's made regarding the sex of the baby. When she was pregnant he kept saying oh it better be a boy!! and now that the baby is here, he said "I've got my boy so we're done". I just find stuff like that very inappropriate, because it's perpetuating the belief that girls aren't as good as boys. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

@viii I agree. I mean, they probably secretly knew it was gonna be a boy so he was save in making those comments but if I were his daughter it would suck a bit. I don’t think it’s extremely bad because the believe that sons are better then daughters has gone down - I think it’s pretty even now. Just look how crazy everyone gets when people announce they are pregnant- everyone wishes for a girl and when it is one everyone gets crazy. Both extreme preferences are unnecessary and if it’s not even your child pretty strange.

I definitely don’t like that he was desperate enough for public attention to attend a trashy tv show. And blabbing about the BRF on it a bit. He got quite the backlash and has thankfully toned it down. Still don’t really warmed on him, but they live pretty private and he has at least another live experience than most in the family- which can only be beneficial.

• Upvote 4

I’ve seen/read about quite a few men wanting a son, so it’s not an unusual belief. Sucky as hell, of course. 

• I Agree 3

Glad Lucas and Zara are doing fine and they were able to at least have some assistance with the birth and Mike was with her too. Prince Edward ended up missing Louise's birth because he was on the other side of the world when Sophie was rushed into hospital and had to have an emergency C Section a few weeks before her due date.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Yes.Sophie had had an ectopic pregnancy earlier and came very close to death due a placental abruption with Louise. This generation of Royal wives had not it easy with pregnancies even with all the money and the best prenatal care available to them. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2586553/The-real-terrifying-story-Sophie-baby-cheated-death-haunts-her.html

Edited by tabitha2
  • I Agree 3

Beyond preferring one sex over the other, I didn't like Mike's comments about how he immediately took his soon downstairs with him in order to watch sports. It is very harmful to assume that your child will like one activity over the other just because of their sex. It is possible Lucas won't enjoy sports and will develop other interests such as music or science, and that one of his sisters enjoys golf, riding or even rugby.

I understand parents being excited about sharing their interests or hobbies with their children. I certainly do that too and have so far been encouraging our toddler's interest in horses more than her interest in football/soccer, mainly because I am familiar with the former and neither my husband nor I ever played the latter and wouldn't even know how to teach it to her. However, it is wrong to assume that your child will like the same things as you just because they have the same sex as you, and to assume that they won't if they don't.

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

I honestly don’t think Lucas will get the chance to enjoy or explore anything else other than a sporting knock down life considering who his family is. I read in an article Mia was 6 and already playing Rugby and Quite Aggressive in it with Mike calling her a chip off the old block . If he is like that with his little girls you can imagine how he will approach his vaunted boy. 

Eh, I have 2 sons and I'd want a daughter if I had a third. I'd love a third boy, but if I had a choice, I'd want a girl. I always wanted at least one of each. I don't think that's unusual. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Eh, I have 2 sons and I'd want a daughter if I had a third. I'd love a third boy, but if I had a choice, I'd want a girl. I always wanted at least one of each. I don't think that's unusual. 

It’s not unusual in the least. It’s the fact that he spoke so openly about it before they knew they were having a son that I find problematic. 

• I Agree 2

I guess. I just know I've talked about wanting a daughter enough over the years prior that I kind of get wanting a particular sex, especially when you already have the other one. Raising boys and raising girls is different, even if don't believe in gender stereotypes or think one sex/gender is better than the other. The messages they receive, the biological issues they deal with, the way the world looks at them, it's different, and so your experience parenting them is going to be different. 

I'm not sure if that makes any sense, but it's something I tend to be sensitive to. My DH and I are about 99% certain we aren't going to have a third, so part of me is sad about that, even though I would't trade my two boys for anything. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 4