IGNORED

Lori Alexander 50: Making an Idol of Herself

6 minutes ago, Curious said:

I won't lie.  I'm pretty sure I doubled my FU total on your posts the other night ;)  FTR, I DID feel marginally bad and switched to just dvs before I was completely caught up on the thread because my mood shouldn't be your problem.

Lol, that’s okay! 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*glowing with all the Louisiana love* 

Last week CNN aired Anthony Bourdain's episode of him here for Mardi Gras. I drank red wine & cried. I've seen the runners come in & partied with some of the people in that episode. If you have a chance, look up that one & the one from last year when he was thrown the boucherie. He visited New Orleans & Eunice that trip. Word has it he was in my town for several days & hit up our Popeye's for the mac & cheese 3 days in a row. We have the only one with a buffet in the world.

I loved the fact that he never made us look back woods or stupid.

54 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

I have some FU’s, something like 113 of them, lol! I’m almost neck and neck between downvotes and FU’s, haha! 

This is pretty cool. Glad everything did get settled because it’s nice to be here. Being a SAHM of 4 doesn’t leave much room for a social life so this is as close as it gets! Not complaining though, love being with the kiddos. 

Not from Louisiana, Ohio as @Curious mentioned. I really want to go there and go gator hunting with Troy though! If you’ve never watched Swamp People you’ll have no idea who I am talking about though, lol. 

I do watch!  Not sure I'd hunt em but I'll eat them!  Delicious. I want to try noodling.  With the catfish, you know?  I'd be so proud of myself!  

12 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

I do watch!  Not sure I'd hunt em but I'll eat them!  Delicious. I want to try noodling.  With the catfish, you know?  I'd be so proud of myself!  

Noodling would FREAK. ME. OUT! That’s a nerp from me! Lol

I’d like to try some gator myself, especially if Troy cooked it. It always looked like he slayed in that kitchen! 

29 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

Lol, that’s okay! 

Not really.  I should be a better example.  I revised some of them just now because they weren't given honestly and I'm an adult that can admit they were wrong as well :)

7 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

Me too!  But, I watched a show and people freak but they stick to it and gain so much more then a catfish.  Idk, I'm going through a trying time with my son's health and I can say I know fear. Real fear.  Life changing fear.  I want to noodle!!!!!!  I can face that!  It would be gnarly for sure!  Before, no way. Now?  Bring it!  :D

19 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

I have a friend that talks me into watching all kinds of fishing shows and saw a whole show on noodling once.  That is totally crazy.  My luck I'd get drug under and drowned by a damn catfish lol

14 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

I’d like to try some gator myself, especially if Troy cooked it. It always looked like he slayed in that kitchen! 

I have had alligator hot dogs once when an "exotic" food festival thing came to the town I lived in in South Dakota.  I tried ostrich as well.   The alligator hot dog was good (and I'm not s huge hot dog fan).  It was spicier than I expected.  I asked if it was the meat or seasoning because I was....curious (bah-dum-ching).  They said it was the meat.  I took their word for it.

Ostrich was dry for my tastes, but so is bison.   It's the less fat, I'm sure.

1 minute ago, Curious said:

I have a friend that talks me into watching all kinds of fishing shows and saw a whole show on noodling once.  That is totally crazy.  My luck I'd get drug under and drowned by a damn catfish lol

It would make an epic headstone though!  "Here lies Curious...she was, well, curious.  Catfish won."  

2 minutes ago, Curious said:

I have had alligator hot dogs once when an "exotic" food festival thing came to the town I lived in in South Dakota.

It is rare to see the words "exotic" and "South Dakota" in the same sentence!  What town was this? 

The most exotic I have seen are "churros" for a Cinco De Mayo in Soo Foo and some lumpia on the 4th of July locally.

3 minutes ago, Beermeet said:

It would make an epic headstone though!  "Here lies Curious...she was, well, curious.  Catfish won."  

I kinda want that on my headstone now even though I will never go noodling ;)   I literally LOLed when I read it :)

1 minute ago, MarblesMom said:

It is rare to see the words "exotic" and "South Dakota" in the same sentence!  What town was this? 

The most exotic I have seen are "churros" for a Cinco De Mayo in Soo Foo and some lumpia on the 4th of July locally.

Rapid City

This comment pisses me off so much in light of everything...note the blessings at the end. We know she only does that when she is pissy.

Posting a post 3 times isnt drawing attention to yourself at all.

Lori Alexander says:    
June 26, 2018 at 12:02 pm

Hi Chelsea,

We don’t look at other cultures to decide how to live. We look at the perfect Word of God since we are a remnant and most people have no desire to obey the Lord’s commands. He calls us to be shamefaced which means to do nothing to draw people’s attention to us. God has made it clear in His Word how we are to live modest and discreet lives.

Blessings

This heathen WORKING wife made dinner for her hub tonight even though she feels like shit after overheating (me not car) on the way home from work today. Baked chicken, potato salad and macaroni salad (not home made so I gotta give myself a downvote for that)

3 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

This heathen WORKING wife made dinner for her hub tonight even though she feels like shit after overheating (me not car) on the way home from work today. Baked chicken, potato salad and macaroni salad (not home made so I gotta give myself a downvote for that)

That sounds amazing. 

I had a salad. I knoooooow. But it was only a half size one not BIG. 

And it was Wendy’s Berry Burst salad and it is so.damn.good. 

8 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

This comment pisses me off so much in light of everything...note the blessings at the end. We know she only does that when she is pissy.

Lori Alexander says:    

Hi Chelsea,

We don’t look at other cultures to decide how to live. We look at the perfect Word of God since we are a remnant and most people have no desire to obey the Lord’s commands. He calls us to be shamefaced which means to do nothing to draw people’s attention to us. God has made it clear in His Word how we are to live modest and discreet lives.

Blessings

Lori, you PAY FOR ATTENTION.  You stand on your head to get it.  Get a grip, woman.

Just now, Jessesgirl25 said:

That sounds amazing. 

I had a salad. I knoooooow. But it was only a half size one not BIG. 

And it was Wendy’s Berry Burst salad and it is so.damn.good. 

a salad sounds absolutely wonderful in the desert heat. But, when I get overheated, its best if I don't eat much at all...seeing as how there's a 50/50 chance it may not stay down. HOPEFULLY the a/c will be fixed this weekend and I won't overheat so much. It SUCKS! 

7 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Lori Alexander says:    

Hi Chelsea,

Blessings

This type of thing is just infuriating.  Shamefaced doesn't mean "to do nothing to draw people's attention to us"; she likely got that from some ancient English dictionary.  The meaning of this word is "modest" and also, "having regard for others."  There remains nothing immodest about a breastfeeding mother for there is nothing SHAMEFUL about a breastfeeding mother.  Having regard for others includes REGARDING (with common sense!) the child who needs and wants to be nourished from its mother's body.  

This is absurd.   KJV uses "shamefaced" and UPC churches use this scripture relentlessly to impose all manner of cult-like religious bondage upon the women who are unfortunate enough to go to their "churches."

I'm still rather new here.  Are there threads pertaining to specifically the UPC (United Pentecostal Church)?

1 minute ago, feministxtian said:

a salad sounds absolutely wonderful in the desert heat. But, when I get overheated, its best if I don't eat much at all...seeing as how there's a 50/50 chance it may not stay down. HOPEFULLY the a/c will be fixed this weekend and I won't overheat so much. It SUCKS! 

Oh no! No a/c? I hope it gets fixed soon for you also! 

Holy crap I’m green! Hot damn! 

Thanks ya’ll! 

https://goo.gl/images/wgGmca

21 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Lori Alexander says:    

Hi Chelsea,

Blessings

People who take the Bible literally, like Lori says she does, DO look to another culture to decide how to live. If you take it at face value. Otherwise you look at it in cultural and historical context. :pb_rollseyes:

Spoiler

halp! How did this get here. LOL!??

Welcome to the green side!

:face_frog:  It's not easy being green....LOL!

1 minute ago, Beermeet said:

Welcome to the green side!

:face_frog:  It's not easy being green....LOL!

LOL! Thanks! 

Gotta tell ya though, wasn’t easy being red either, lol! 

What pisses me off about Lori is that she doesn’t realize that the Bible was so different than today. Women needed a man as their headship for protection. It wasn’t safe for women to go out on their own. They had to live at home until marriage because it wasn’t safe. They could be stolen and raped. Women were bought and sold like property. If wives and children didn’t obey they could be taken out and stoned. Men had slaves and multiple wives, and it was normal. Jesus was really the first man to stand up for women and children. 

I've spent today DM-ing for a group of teens, SeaFilly2, Sea Colt and 4 of their friends. I was supposed to make bouillabaisse for supper but the game play went on too long for me to stop and cook so we had  3 types of bread, 6 types of cheese , several types of processed meats, several types of dips, large plate of raw veggies and a large platter of fruit.

The teens went down to the beach for an hour after supper and returned to clear two flower beds of weeds, collected their dirty clothes and washed them, showered .  They've just finished watching Bon Cop Bad Cop II and are getting ready for bed.

I've never had to raise my voice or hit one of them yet.

@MarblesMom,  I used to be terrified of tunnels when I was little.  I got teased about it a lot when I was a kid because we had to go through several in the Smokies on our way to my grandparents in Kentucky.  Bridges don't scare me much.  I've been on the Lake Ponchartrain Causeway and over the New River Gorge Bridge and didn't freak out.  I used to have a recurring nightmare about driving off a big dam but I made it across Fontana Dam just fine and even went inside to see the electric turbines.  I still don't know how I'd feel about driving over Hoover Dam though and there's this one bridge in Japan I'd never want to drive over as it's extremely steep.  I'd be scared shitless.

52 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

I'm still rather new here.  Are there threads pertaining to specifically the UPC (United Pentecostal Church)? 

I'm not 100% sure, but if you go to the main page (freejinger.org) and scroll down a bit (a lot) you will see a forum called Archived Topical Threads.  There is a Religion section there and that's where they would be if we have any.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived