IGNORED

Lori Alexander 50: Making an Idol of Herself

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really, Lori? Bread? There's a new baby in the family, and you are posting photos of bread and bragging about your own cooking?

People care more about the new bonle of jore than about your stupid expensive bread that you post about constantly. 

Guyyysss Omgosh I got offered for a clinician job!!! With benefits! And I get to stay in my current town which is what I was praying for. I'd start the day before I have to move out of my current apartment lol. Y'all know before my parents because they aren't answering their phones. 

It's a huge relief because at 25 I've never had a full time job with benefits,because school was always a priority, and was scared of I'd never get one. Haha bad self-esteem and perfectionism talking. 

18 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Guyyysss Omgosh I got offered for a clinician job!!! With benefits! And I get to stay in my current town which is what I was praying for. I'd start the day before I have to move out of my current apartment lol. Y'all know before my parents because they aren't answering their phones. 

It's a huge relief because at 25 I've never had a full time job with benefits,because school was always a priority, and was scared of I'd never get one. Haha bad self-esteem and perfectionism talking. 

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!

Yay you and benefits even!  Benefits are almost like unicorns these days!  

*happy dance*  :happy-partydance:

@Jessesgirl welcome, and I’m so happy to see your downvote count going down, and to see you’re a thinking, loving person! 

I’m not seeing the breastfeeding post on Facebook or the blog, so maybe she took it down or it’s on Instagram. 

I was breastfeeding on a train in England once, and a man nearby complimented me, an older man (I was 34, he was likely in his 40s). 

I was spanked a lot because I was mouthy. I was also likely suffering from extreme anxiety and possibly ADHD. I raised my child without spanking, although I admit I hit her twice. I was given a copy of a Dobson - Focus on the Family book by a colleague: The Strong Willed Child. It pretty much said to hit harder and I realized that wouldn’t work for her. 

I believe hell is a construct, invented by religion to control people. It’s totally inconsistent with a loving Dog (my dog gives me unconditional love, and I believe in Dog). I find the idea of ‘getting saved’ to be repugnant, because it implies that you are saved from hell. It has also only been invented in the last few hundred years, so early Christians were not ‘saved’. 

My unspanked, agnostic daughter has just graduated with her second degree, with a 4.0 GPA for her last term, and has a summer job, then 3weeks off, and then a career job that will enable her CPA. I’m an evil single mother, from when I was 3 months pregnant and I would have had an abortion, if I hadn’t wanted a baby. 

I’m still working daily on the effects of my upbringing, at 60 years of age. Free Jinger has helped me unpack so much baggage. I rarely comment because usually someone has said it better, when I have thoughts on a topic. I’ve been reading since before the rapture. 

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

Really, Lori? Bread? There's a new baby in the family, and you are posting photos of bread and bragging about your own cooking?

People care more about the new bonle of jore than about your stupid expensive bread that you post about constantly. 

I don't understand this obsession with the bread. It's the same picture every time, I couldn't tell Friday's bread from Monday's. Who cares if your family loved the bread? I made stuff last night that my family loved and I would never think to post about it on instagram

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am SO happy for you!!!! :wow::you-rock::clap:

36 minutes ago, Hisey said:

I don't understand this obsession with the bread. It's the same picture every time, I couldn't tell Friday's bread from Monday's. Who cares if your family loved the bread? I made stuff last night that my family loved and I would never think to post about it on instagram

I've got a loaf of Sunbeam that makes a great sandwich.  If anyone needs to see a picture, I can post like 693 of them.  Just let me know.  :pb_lol:

Well of all weeks to be busy at work and home! I feel like I wasted my comment on one of her FB posts a few months ago- what I really miss is the ability to react to the responses. I hadn’t missed that until now. 

Re: spanking- I think many fundies see misbehavior as pure rebellion and defiance that must be “broken”. They don’t understand that there is a function of behavior, and the real goal should be helping the child understand what they are feeling and learn positive coping skills. Even with obvious defiance, there is a purpose to that behavior (and many times missed cues or mismanaged responses). 

Re: new grand baby- I have said it before, and I think someone just said it again on the previous thread- if Lori were my mother or MIL, she would be cut off from me and my children. She wouldn’t be visiting me and staying in my home and she most definitely not be permitted to watch my children. She would not get blog fodder from me, my family, or my friends. 

Re: breastfeeding in public- I have seen many women nursing in public, without a cover. Some have even latched baby mid-convo. I quite honestly don’t get the issue. 

I wonder how Lori will be received in upstate NY...

@Sarah92- CONGRATS!!! That is awesome! 

Love hearing about some of the awesome things happening for you ladies. It’s caused an uptick in my faith. 

Congratulations, Sarah! I'm so happy for you! :bigheart:

Awesome Sarah! 

Congrats on the new job @Sarah92.  I know you will do an awesome job. They are lucky to have you :)

Yay! I feel like so many FJers on this topic have been really nailing the job thing lately! It's wonderful! 

wo: chance are those women would be severely harassed in America because people do sexualize them. For goodness sake people don't believe rape can happen in a marriage and blame women for not having enough clothes on as is. Why would I trust these people to not bother me because they have no self control or decency? 

You know, I couldn't agree more. I would be absolutely terrified to not wear a top in public not because I have gorgeous, sexy breasts (I don't -- they're the enormous ones that Lori likes to say "don't look so nice") but because I know I'd get sexually harassed by many men and angrily preached at by some women. I can promise you that no one is going to be ogling my aging breasts, but that doesn't mean they won't criticize them and me! 

Baking bread is a wife's most important duty when her baby baking (figuratively, I'm solidly AGAINST corporal punishment) days are over. 

It’s been a week of awesome FJ job news! :cracking-up: so happy for all you FJ’ers who got jobs/started work recently! You all deserve it! 

I decided running away from our problems for a few days was the best idea. Packed up all the kids (seriously looking like fundies with eleventy kids at the moment) and set off for a caravan trip to wales. Current view is keeping the kids occupied and me sane! 

E3A131C4-02AD-4103-9946-89BF2A4C6761.jpeg

1 hour ago, jjmennonite said:

I was spanked a lot because I was mouthy.

Nah, you weren't spanked because of that. I was the quietest most anxious do the best I could all the time kid, and I was still 'spanked'  - I consider it beaten.  My brother was mouthy and acted out and broke things and generally misbehaved, he was not beaten more than me.    You were spanked because your parents didn't know how to parent, imho.   Or thought that worked. I don't know.  I don't get hitting people you love. Makes no sense to me.  

I saw this and liked it:

Seemed like a good place/time to share. 

Screenshot_20180626-153101.png

The breastfeeding topic is one of the first times I disagreed with Lori, back in the day when I still followed her stuff myself and interacted by commenting.  C'mon,...it is FOOD for a baby.  It is the source of nourishment for a baby.  I'm all for bottle-feeding and even tube-feeding and supplemental feeding systems...just get the baby FED and nourished, for heaven's sakes.  But the MOST natural way to feed a baby is to breastfeed.  The MOST economical way to feed a baby is to breastfeed.  I am not a breastfeeding Nazi: I won't tell women how they should feed their babies, and I won't shame them for choosing any which way they desire.  The state I live in has laws protecting the nursing mother and nursling from ANY negative speech when the nursling is at breast in public.  GET OVER THE OBSESSION WITH BREASTS, Alexanders.  They are not primarily sex organs.  They are SECONDARY sex organs.  If women were walking around without panties in the nude I could see the outrage at the twats all over the place.  But we're talking about breasts.  Boring.  I used to even BE A LESBIAN, and I think breasts are just...breasts.  My husband can enjoy them; I don't wanna' flaunt them publicly, but when I'm nursing in public, that's not what I'm doing.  I'm FEEDING A HUMAN BEING.

17 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

I’m only at -41 reputation now?!? 

https://goo.gl/images/6QQB1q

-34 now.  Not bad for being -250 a couple days ago!  I'm glad you decided to stick it out and give us a second look :)

Where are you finding the breastfeeding topic? I looked on Facebook and her trans-wife blog. 

Apologies to anyone on here who identifies as trans. 

39 minutes ago, Gemini said:

E3A131C4-02AD-4103-9946-89BF2A4C6761.jpeg

Oh my. That view is just spectacular. I can imagine myself in my beach chair, toes in the water, reading a good book and listening to the water. 

6 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

KB is such a needle d*ck. Ugh. 

*Sorry for the profanity. But bleck. 

You don't have to apologize for using profanity here.  It's allowed as we are all adults ;)   Also, I'm pretty sure dick might be the nicest thing he's been called here!  He's gross :(

Edit to add: hahaha I missed the "needle" part of that the first time I read it.  Still probably one of the nicer things he's been called.  He's still super gross!

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived