IGNORED

John David is courting Abbie Grace Burnett

VBOY9977

When I first saw the thread title I was wracking my brain trying to think of other fundie families with a John David because I didn’t think we would ever see John David Duggar in a relationship. Bachelor to the Rapture and all that. 

Then when I saw it was in the Duggars subforum and let that sink in, I read another poster’s comment about an engagement announcement soon. That’s when my brain fog cleared and I realized they are courting, not engaged. It’s really 6 of one, half a dozen of another most of the time with fundy relationships, but still. Obviously this announcement has thrown me and I’ve lost the ability to make sense of anything.  :pb_lol:

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, justoneoftwo said:

can someone with more knowledge than me explain what that means as far as her education and what she can do?

This is a license below an RN-

In my state, LVN/LPNs work under the direction of an RN. Most I worked with were very skilled.

So she has some real training and a real license and the median income is $44,000?  That sounds hard to give up and like there is some legitimate education behind it.

I work with nurses that wear skirts only. I think if she’s actually working that says more than if she wears pants or not. 

Licensed practical nurses typically work in clinics or skilled nursing facilities instead of a hospital, and do more routine tasks that require less critical thinking than a registered nurse. In theory. 

I’m not familiar with Oklahoma though and different states have different rules/practices. 

6 minutes ago, ShadowCat said:

I'm not familiar with the LPN title ( Ireland here ) I'm assuming it's on par with what we would call a care assistant. Someone who does a hell of a lot and works alongside the nurses to see where they can help out, take obs, change beds, makes tea, a million other essential bits and bobs, and just gets stuck in with the day to day running of the ward and handling of patients?

In the US those are called Certified Nursing Assistants. A Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse is a lower-level nursing certification, with a 1 year practicum i believe (i'm not sure on specifics)

No!  I had secretly given away a piece of my heart to John David!  Now if Seattle Mariner Dee Gordon won't have me, I'll be utterly lost!!  

I know he's a Duggar, but he can't help that.  Otherwise, JD seems to be a good guy who works hard.  Well done, Abbie.  You may have snagged the only fundie guy I would consider worth snagging.  

I like their video. JD looks and sounds very happy. Abby sounds like an adult not a teenage bride. I wish them all the best!

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Here’s her sister Maggie wearing pants. I’m sure Abbie wears pants if she’s a nurse.

I agree that it's likely, but I do occasionally see women wearing scrub skirts.

Wow, I am shocked and cautiously optimistic. JD has always seemed as if he got the most chance to steer his own fate out of all the older Duggars. I truly hope the best for them!

1 minute ago, Rachel333 said:

I agree that it's likely, but I do occasionally see women wearing scrub skirts.

Her family isn’t skirts only so I imagine she wears scrub pants. 

Hopefully her having a qualification and actually using it will rub of on some of the other Duggar's. 

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

Her family isn’t skirts only so I imagine she wears scrub pants. 

Right, just adding that being a nurse in itself does't necessarily mean that a woman will wear pants.

Just now, Glasgowghirl said:

Hopefully her having a qualification and actually using it will rub of on some of the other Duggar's. 

Might give Jill some heartache/jealousy.... her new SIL will is a nurse and she wanted to be one, but her parents kaboshed that.

Another thought- if she had the ability to make it through the coursework and certifying process required of her field, hopefully that reflects on the quality of homeschool education she received. 

Okay, I finally got the video to play. Am I hearing this right? They only just met a couple months ago? They fell in love right away and now they're courting and announcing it to the whole world? Damn these people move fast. I don't know why, but after all these years it never ceases to amaze me.

I literally said "Wow" because I was not expecting that. Also awesome that she has a career and is not like 19 or something. Lol. John David looks really happy and giddy. 

2 minutes ago, emscm said:

Another thought- if she had the ability to make it through the coursework and certifying process required of her field, hopefully that reflects on the quality of homeschool education she received. 

The LPNs I know still took a year of college level anatomy and physiology and had other science pre-reqs, but I don’t know about her program.  Regardless her education will be better than the Duggars.

21 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

I found her on the OK board of nursing. She's an LPN and her license is active.

Fantastic, I never thought of checking LPN. I am even happier for them! Two adults with professional licensing!

3 minutes ago, singsingsing said:

Okay, I finally got the video to play. Am I hearing this right? They only just met a couple months ago? They fell in love right away and now they're courting and announcing it to the whole world? Damn these people move fast. I don't know why, but after all these years it never ceases to amaze me.

Still longer than Pete and Arianna. :pb_lol:

LPNs often work in doctor’s offices. They aren’t paid as much as RNs so it’s cost-effective for the doctors, but they can do just about everything that’s needed in a medical office setting. My aunt was an LPN and in her career she worked in nursing homes, hospitals, and a general medical practice; she never had trouble finding work. 

This article provides a good breakdown of the differences in education and job responsibilities for various types of nurses: https://www.coloradotech.edu/blog/2015/october/lpn-rn-bsn-what-are-the-different-types-of-nursing-degrees

Charity Burnett Weardon just celebrated her first anniversary and no pregnancy announcement. Here are their engagement pictures taken by Maggie. They are very pretty. I bet JD and Abbie’s will too. I think Sam is kissing her hand. JD better not do that before marriage! 

9DD8A8A7-0F7F-4CA4-B9BC-1AD181DD7254.jpeg

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived