IGNORED

Expectations Rewrite

Sarah92

Sarah92

Expectations happen in a marriage. You expect reliability, fidelity, and good treatment among many other things. Expectations don’t always destroy a marriage but unrealistic expectations can damage one. Are you expecting your husband to work backbreaking hours to make ends meet so you don’t have to get a job? Is he expecting you to joyfully bare too many children to the point it damages your body and then have sex after taking care of ten children every day? These can be very unrealistic expectations that can be harmful to your spouse’s mental, physical, and spiritual health.

On the other hand, asking for help with chores is not an unrealistic expectation as you both live in the house and are making it a home. Will it always be to your liking? No, because individuals are human with different ways of doing this and may have learned differently in the past.  This is where we must evaluate our expectations and determine whether it needs to be addressed or not.  Healthy, honest, and kind communication can go a long way to building up your marriage.

You married your spouse for an equal, healthy partnership where you communicate desires and needs. You are each other’s protectors and providers, a safe place. You married because you love each other deeply and want to make each other’s lives more joyful, less burdensome, to be a friend and companion, and to stand with each other in times of need and distress. Sometimes life is neither easy nor happy but communication, compassion, faithfulness, and understanding can go far in easing the pain and adding light in dark times.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

• Recent Status Updates

• HerNameIsBuffy

HerNameIsBuffy

My grandmother came from a town in Missouri of (now) population ~14,500 and 8 Baptist churches.  Not counting all the other denominations, that's just the Baptists.  
      MY grandfather came from Drimoleauge, Ireland which has a current population of ~450 people (not a typo) and 1 church and 5 pubs.  
      If I get a time machine take a wild guess which ancestors I'm going back to visit?  I'm not social, don't enjoy bars, and prefer to imbibe at home but sitting in a pub has to be better than being Godbothered to death by people pretending they don't drink.  
      Fun unrelated fact - Martin Luther spent so much time on the toilet he had a desk built so he could work there, and would take meetings while actively pooping.   He also wrote letters to people with vivid descriptions of his poops.   That should make everyone feel a little better about their work place and emails.
      · 0 replies
    • Chocolate Lover

Chocolate Lover

Dear FJ ladies of a certain age.  Did you know that joint pain can appear/increase with perimenopause and menopause?  No?  Me neither till my rheumatologist told me yesterday.  It's all down to the fall in (o)estrogen. 
      Looking online, it'll either settle down as your hormones adapt to their new levels OR you're stuck with it!  I don't fancy needing NSAIDs for the rest of my life.
      · 1 reply
    • GoddessOfVictory

GoddessOfVictory

This evening a biker dude went out of his way to follow my car into a retail store's parking lot to lecture me on - get this - braking when the light turned yellow. I had been going the speed limit and it was by no means the shortest stop I've ever made. He condescendingly told me that next time I should hit the gas because people like him could "go splat" into my car. Really dude?!? If you're going to drive any vehicle, especially a motorcycle, actually learn to drive it and don't effing tailgate me when I'm going the speed limit. And if you did rear-end me, guess whose fault it would be? Certainly not the person who was obeying the law.
      Also, I hate living in a society where I have to say this, but I am soooo thankful my male coworker was with me. The biker stopped his bike right behind my car when I parked and wouldn't move it until his lecture was over. If I had been alone I would have been terrified.
      · 0 replies
    • HerNameIsBuffy

HerNameIsBuffy

Happens every single year.
      I am out of sorts, missing my dad, crying and needing to talk about him and sometime later in the day I realize it's his birthday.  
      Today.  I always chalk it up to being around Father's Day and all the ads and such, but so weird like I have an subconscious calendar for sadness that never fails to send me a reminder.
      Was listening to this on the way to work this am thinking of him.  I know it's supposed to be about a relationship, but to me it just speaks to dead parents. 
      Happy Birthday, Daddy.  It's another shitty fucking day without you.

· 2 replies
    • indianabones

indianabones

I saw my first sea turtle today! It was magical.
      · 1 reply
    • LadyCrow1313

LadyCrow1313

I hear ravens in the woods almost every day, & it makes me happy. Despite seeing pics of both crows & ravens (in the lame attempt to learn how to visually distinguish them from each other), I'm still having a helluva time with this. Maybe a local nature center can help. Hmmm. 🤔
      · 4 replies
    • 47of74

47of74

They’re doing trivia night at the local brewery. One of the questions was who was one of the founders of Faux News?
      I blurted out some fuck stick before I could stop myself. Bartender said that was his favorite answer.  
      · 1 reply
    • mango_fandango

mango_fandango

It’s that time of year again... grass time!

· 0 replies
    • caszandra

caszandra

Well done Andy Murray. So happy to see him back on the court and winning again. Keeping my fingers crossed the rest of the tournament goes well for him and he stays injury free.
      · 0 replies
    • feministxtian

feministxtian

Just got told that I have yet another AutoCAD class to teach this fall. YAY me! And, the freelance stuff is picking up too. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Blog Entries

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.