IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren Part 8: One Week to the Wedding (Now Married)

Coconut Flan

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I can say is that I really love the flowers. They are classic and beautiful. I could handle a little less greenery but the flowers are very nice. 

2 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

Have we ever gotten confirmation of that? I don’t remember seeing a source for that and, iirc, there was another middle name floating around, as well. 

The Fundamentalists wiki has her middle name as Milagro, but I don't see anything reference-wise that would say where they got that information.

Wonder how they will distinguish between the two Laurens when the inevitable Lauren Caldwell/Jer, Jed or Jason marriage happens?

Lauren looks like she always looks to me. I agree that Josiah looks sad. But he could just be tired. Or tired of taking photos.

Couldn’t care less about her hair or makeup. Maybe 5% curious about the dress. What I really want to know is who was in the wedding party, if Jinger really travelled to Arkansas less than a month before her due date, and if anyone proposed, gave birth, or fought someone at the reception.

5 minutes ago, llg1234 said:

Have we ever gotten confirmation of that? I don’t remember seeing a source for that and, iirc, there was another middle name floating around, as well. 

I think the reason people found out about it is because they saw it on official records (I’m not sure thought), and here’s Lauren’s Pinterest account (the profile pic confirms it’s her)

7FA1CE44-5231-40C6-9AB0-788357CDC1FC.jpeg

3 minutes ago, metheglyn said:

The Fundamentalists wiki has her middle name as Milagro, but I don't see anything reference-wise that would say where they got that information.

I googled "Lauren Milagro Swanson" and all the results were from that wiki or various tumblr pages and the like. It makes me wonder where that came from.

Edit: Nevermind, I see now thanks to the post above me! I still wonder if that's actually her middle name, though.

While waiting for something significant to snark about this wedding, I took some time to finally give myself a profile pic.  Everyone, meet my youngest headship :D  The most adorable kitten ever!

Oh yeah, that’s the other thing I’m waiting on - a photo of the wedding program or something confirming her middle name is actually Milagro.

Just now, justpassingby said:

Wedding watch is over and now baby watch begins. 

She might already be pregnant.

She looked happy, his eyes looked dead.

Besides JinJer’s attendance and the wedding party itself, I just want to know her middle name and where they’re going to honeymoon.

Idky, but I’m always interested in where people go for their honeymoons. 

12 minutes ago, SpurgysingsHipHop said:

She's gorgeous, and glowing for so early along.

Is that meant to suggest that Lauren's already pregnant? Or are you referring to someone else?

For the record, no one here believes that Josiah and Lauren moved their wedding forward due to a "pregnancy". Everyone here agrees that the so-called New Year's wedding date was purely a placeholder to try to keep the real date a secret. No, we do NOT think Lauren is pregnant. 

If you meant something else, I apologize. We've seen enough speculation on this for it to get very tiring when we all know it's EXCEEDINGLY unlikely to be true.

ETA: If that was meant as a joke, I also apologize for biting your head off on this. It could easily be a comment on what the media is indeed saying, and then yes, that would be funny. On the other hand, if it was a serious implication about L&J pre-wedding, then no, just no.

Especially because they don’t seem to have gone to the same places...

probably not The Bahamas or a sunny place bc there are so many indencent people on beaches....

1 minute ago, metheglyn said:

Is that meant to suggest that Lauren's already pregnant? Or are you referring to someone else?

For the record, no one here believes that Josiah and Lauren moved their wedding forward due to a "pregnancy". Everyone here agrees that the so-called New Year's wedding date was purely a placeholder to try to keep the real date a secret. No, we do NOT think Lauren is pregnant. 

If you meant something else, I apologize. We've seen enough speculation on this for it to get very tiring when we all know it's EXCEEDINGLY unlikely to be true.

I think it was a joke, since the last two couples to marry both had honeymoon babies.

Just now, Pandora Spocks said:

. . . Aaaaaand I'm underwhelmed. The photo gives me a serious case of the blerghs.  

It's a newly discovered ailment called Duggar Wedding Fatigue.

One adjective that came straight to my mind as I saw the picture: boring. They both look like in every other picture, nothing special. Just seeing their faces you would have no idea it's their wedding day. 

I am a hungry hoe but the strawberry shortcake sounds YUMMY and I bet it looked cute. Bleh at everything else.

2 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I think it was a joke, since the last two couples to marry both had honeymoon babies.

A bad one, if it was a joke and not a malicious crack.

Eh, Lauren looks typical fundie modest bride and pretty.   This was her big day, and it is probably all down-hill from here, whether she knows it or not.

I don't give a shit about her dress or hair.  Except to say that she looked nice.  The choices are all just typical Fundie. 

I hope Lauren felt really beautiful on her wedding day and ignores all the FJ nit-picking. 

But, if I may nit-pick myself, please tell me Josiah (and multiple groomsmen) did not wear a black tie!  Um, no, Duggars.  Black is for mourning. 

That tie was actually navy!  Please tell me that it is my computer's fault and it wasn't black!

And if Anna and Jana made all the bridesmaid dresses - for free - Lauren and Siah should be praising them to the skies.   And I don't care if the bridesmaid dresses are frumpalistic.  If they were homemade (because Lauren's family does not have TLC bucks) they are great.

47 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I kind of hope that if Jana ever is allowed to marry, she goes super Bridezilla and makes a million demands of her sisters and sisters-in-law. 

Yes please! Although she probably won’t though.

3 minutes ago, freejoy said:

One adjective that came straight to my mind as I saw the picture: boring. They both look like in every other picture, nothing special. Just seeing their faces you would have no idea it's their wedding day. 

IIRC, Jinger and Jeremy had the same look in their first photo.  Personally, I think it is just so overwhelming that they are not feeling it in that moment.  With all of the events, the film crew, and the sheer number of people involved, the day that's supposed to be all about them is not truly theirs.

3 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

But, if I may nit-pick myself, please tell me Josiah (and multiple groomsmen) did not wear a black tie!  Um, no, Duggars.  Black is for mourning. 

That tie was actually navy!  Please tell me that it is my computer's fault and it wasn't black!

It does look black to me, but since the article says one of their color combinations was grey and blue I think it could possibly just be the lighting and it could indeed be navy. Here's hoping!

I want a shot of the whole bridal party, blush dresses and all.  Lauren's dress looks a shade boring to me but perhaps when seen full length it will be better.

Not much colour in her flowers, hopefully the wedding looks happy in a group shot. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived