IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren Part 8: One Week to the Wedding (Now Married)

Coconut Flan

11 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

The scandals probably did put her off, I think Josiah also wanted some freedom to do more normal teenager things, not saying he was using her but most boys his age get to date without all the pressures he had at the time. They probably both realised them being together was not going to work out, they stayed friends so I don't see any bitterness between them.

Frankly, I think the whole courtship was a business deal from the jump, and Boob knew up front it was risky but needed to do something.  Boob did have some advance warning that the files would be released, so a courtship would take some of the spotlight off of that and also counter the 'Josiah is gay' rumors.  Marjorie wanted to raise her public profile, and the courtship did just that.  Win-win for everyone!  But I also think Boob seriously underestimated the backlash...he thought he did the right thing and thought most people would agree.  No Boob, you and Meeechelle seriously fucked up. 

But it's hard to ignore Majorie's family letting the courtship continue that long after the molestation came to light, unless they already knew about it, at least in general terms like Anna likely did.  And no male Duggar has courted that young and no bride has been that young, before or since.  I do believe the whole 'we weren't ready' excuse wasn't a lie at all...they were both too damn young.  But other considerations made this relationship doomed from the start.

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Frankly, I think the whole courtship was a business deal from the jump, and Boob knew up front it was risky but needed to do something.  Boob did have some advance warning that the files would be released, so a courtship would take some of the spotlight off of that and also counter the 'Josiah is gay' rumors.  Marjorie wanted to raise her public profile, and the courtship did just that.  Win-win for everyone!  But I also think Boob seriously underestimated the backlash...he thought he did the right thing and thought most people would agree.  No Boob, you and Meeechelle seriously fucked up. 

But it's hard to ignore Majorie's family letting the courtship continue that long after the molestation came to light, unless they already knew about it, at least in general terms like Anna likely did.  And no male Duggar has courted that young and no bride has been that young, before or since.  I do believe the whole 'we weren't ready' excuse wasn't a lie at all...they were both too damn young.  But other considerations made this relationship doomed from the start.

They definitely didn’t know the files were going to be released THAT far in advance. And we also don’t know how long after the scandal broke that the courtship ended. It could have ended weeks before the announcement.

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

They definitely didn’t know the files were going to be released THAT far in advance. And we also don’t know how long after the scandal broke that the courtship ended. It could have ended weeks before the announcement.

Yeah, they announced the courtship more than a month prior to the reports being released. If they were looking to draw attention away then they would have announced the courtship much closer to when the reports were released. I’m pretty sure they didn’t even know about the release when Benessa announced Jessa’s first pregnancy in late April. 

In Touch states they were apparently unchaperoned at Silver Dollar City.

Could they have actually gotten married already? They had the bachelor party and the shower a couple weeks ago. Maybe it was a small wedding...right after the shower?

Seems odd that it appeared nobody was with them, at all.

4 minutes ago, Kjaerringa said:

Could they have actually gotten married already? They had the bachelor party and the shower a couple weeks ago. Maybe it was a small wedding...right after the shower?

Or it's true the kids come up with their own courtship rules and he's the first one who has tested that water.

5 minutes ago, Kjaerringa said:

In Touch is a tabloid and therefore not a reliable source (unless they have actual, credible outside sources to back up their claims). I very much doubt that they were unchaperoned at Silver Dollar City, or anywhere else.

11 minutes ago, Kjaerringa said:

The person that took the pics was with them probably. Josiah has posted pictures alone with Lauren before: from the trip to Aus/NZ and from the trip to San Antonio. We know other people were with them, they just didn’t appear on the pics Josiah posted. 

InTouch also posted an article recently that Lauren could be pregnant because the registry says New Years but they heard the wedding date was changed to “very soon” so that tooootally means Lauren’s pregnant *eye roll*

Meanwhile, Cooper Dauer posted an Instagram story last night at the airport in Arkansas. I’m pretty sure the wedding is this Saturday 

2D242B53-B341-4874-8787-9F1EFC92226C.png

Cooper Dauer sighting! My day is complete. :pb_lol:

Don't forget that the Duggars have a long and proud history of pretending that they're 'alone' when they're really with other people. This has been going on at least since Josh and Anna were living in D.C. and TLC filmed them going on a road trip 'alone' with their kids, and did their typical 'HOW will they EVER handle ALL these KIDS?!' shtick, and then it came out that Jana was with them the whole time. They pull this kind of thing regularly. 

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Meanwhile, Cooper Dauer posted an Instagram story last night at the airport in Arkansas. I’m pretty sure the wedding is this Saturday 

2D242B53-B341-4874-8787-9F1EFC92226C.png

Is this guy a massive tool? Cause he kinda looks like a massive tool. :pb_lol:

4 hours ago, singsingsing said:

In Touch is a tabloid and therefore not a reliable source (unless they have actual, credible outside sources to back up their claims). I very much doubt that they were unchaperoned at Silver Dollar City, or anywhere else.

As said above someone took the photos, the Duggars frequently give the wrong impression (intentionally or not), and we all know they weren't consuming all the pizzas that were in the boxes in that one photo.  

Our source confirming the wedding is tomorrow is very credible. I'll make sure my phone is fully charged to join in on the conversation tomorrow.

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Creeper? Probably a tool. Working his way toward Doug Phillips is a tool status as all good got-hardite man-children must, I am sure.

2 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

From everything I’ve seen... yes, yes he is.

I find the idea that Marjorie had some nefarious purpose in getting together with Josiah and then breaking off the Courtship SO bizarre.   I don't know why it can't be as simple as realising that actually, they weren't suited, and that she wanted a path other than being a teenaged quiverfull mother.  And if it was her parents who looked at them and had second thoughts, fair play to them. 

It's the same as Elizabeth Munck (sp?) breaking off her engagement with the Maxwell son, or Sarah whatserface, breaking hers with Zack Bates - they likely didn't know the men that well, and the craziness of their cult meaning that the chaperoned Courtship is the time to get to know each other more, when they're expected to get married, with their parents telling them it's God's will etc means there's a hell of a pressure for them to look through the rose-coloured glasses, so I'm always impressed with the ones that have the strength and support to say no (especially compared with poor Katie Morton, for example).

And I don't buy that Marjorie was "using" Josiah for fame and callously dropping him because he'd hurt her brand.  Sure, she's published a couple of books, but she was doing the art/writing thing when we first "met" her, but her post-Josiah path was going to college and getting a part time job, not doing fame-hungry things - she's not setting herself up as a YouTube star (like those blonde twits of sisters, or the Botkinettes) or releasing a pop single, she's doing ordinary things. 

I am bemused that there are FJers who seem to think that Marjorie choosing not to join the cult, and get educated and work to help support herself, rather than choosing a life with a young man with no way of making money outside of his father's business, who's never lived alone, and who she hardly knows, and wasn't allowed to be alone with, says something negative about her!  That deciding she didn't want to live on the family compound, having a baby a year and live this extreme patriarchal life, trying to homeschool her brood while having a baby that's keeping her up all night plus another in nappies and another potty training etc, for the next 20 years!   I completely understand that some people hoped she'd rescue Josiah, and help him have a better life - but I don't understand how an 18 year old girl could do that, or why people think she deserved that responsibility for his welfare.

Heck id jump ship if my soon to be husbands brother had GIANT UGLY skeletons in his closet!!! Marjorie did the right thing for HER, putting herself first. Not a lot of girls in her position would have spoke up. Go her I say!

But yes wedding is this weekend I am sure, despite in touch stating they wanted a new years wedding! 

16 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Our source confirming the wedding is tomorrow is very credible. I'll make sure my phone is fully charged to join in on the conversation tomorrow.

is it today ? Happy Wedding people !! 

3 hours ago, xenobia said:

So... will there be a wedding today or not? My money is on yes - it will. 

I can take your bet....and I expect Jessa in the wedding party dressed in black and Jill not in and dressed in orange 

I'm literally just here for the wedding. I'm supposed to be off social media. Then I got (mildly) sick and was like 'screw it, I need something to distract me'. But after this damn wedding I'm going into lurk mode again... until Jinger has her baby in ~three weeks. I mean, unless JD gets engaged before that. Or one of them escapes. Or a Maxwell daughter starts to court. Or...... :pb_lol:

I will eat my hat if Jinger doesn't at least give birth in a birthing center. I mean I don't wear hats but I'll eat someone's hat.

So do you guys think it’ll be an afternoon wedding or an evening wedding?? My bet is 4 pm.

I just don’t wanna wait till tonight to get pics tbh I really want to see Lauren’s dress

6 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

So do you guys think it’ll be an afternoon wedding or an evening wedding?? My bet is 4 pm.

I just don’t wanna wait till tonight to get pics tbh I really want to see Lauren’s dress

Speaking of dresses, will Michelle wear the same dress she wore to the last 3 weddings or will she bust out the silver spacesuit from Jill's?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived