IGNORED

Josiah and Lauren Part 8: One Week to the Wedding (Now Married)

Coconut Flan

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do feel more sad for Josiah in this courtship than I did for Joe. Josiah, like,  Jinger, seems to dream of more than Arkansas. (Nothing wrong with Arkansas.) If there's one thing that's dangerous to have in these fundie families, it's a dream of your own.  

17 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I do feel more sad for Josiah in this courtship than I did for Joe. Josiah, like,  Jinger, seems to dream of more than Arkansas. (Nothing wrong with Arkansas.) If there's one thing that's dangerous to have in these fundie families, it's a dream of your own.  

The only thing that gives me hope is that sometimes these fundie guys can feel more confident and independent when they have a wife. Hopefully Si can feel more confident to make some decisions to please himself and not please JB.

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Hopefully Si can feel more confident to make some decisions to please himself and not please JB.

I hope so too, though I imagine he'll be staying relatively close to home, perhaps receiving some money via a Duggar trust and flying planes belonging to Duggar Aviation.  With tight financial ties I believe it'll be difficult to stray too far.

1 hour ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

As backward and oppressive as the family is towards women's roles, I think it's easier for the girls to get out of Arkansas. Jinger is proof of that: she married Jeremy whose income and life is based in Texas, and so she followed her headship because that's what the women do. She was lucky. 

The Duggar guys seem to rely on Boob for work/income, except it seems JD. So they would probably not have as much choice to live away from the compound, never mind leaving Arkansas. 

Josh(vomit) did but only got to Washington using his name and lobbying. So that doesn't count. And since he has no real skills, he is back under the Duggar rule. Eww. 

This seems like the longest Duggar engagement ever! Jeez, I thought they would have been married and pregnant by now. 

7 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

This seems like the longest Duggar engagement ever! Jeez, I thought they would have been married and pregnant by now. 

With you there. I'm glad that it didn't seem like they rushed getting married. I was sure they would have been quicker than the rest, but hey what do I know.

Si seems like a good man. Hopefully he will be a good hubby and father like Joe seems to be. 

I always had a soft spot for Josiah. Jim Bob sometimes seemed to have a problem with Josiah and him saying to him on his birthday 16 and never been kissed was not nice. I am glad his courtship with Marjorie didn't work out for both their sakes. I do wish him and Lauren well, I do hope they don't get pregnant as quickly as Jill, Kendra and Joy did.

22 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

It sooo does! But their courtship-engagement period was like 6 weeks? Extremely short. 

One would think that if Josh can molest his sisters, have (or want) casual sex with a woman who's not his wife therefore cheating on Anna, and be forgiven for all that there would be opportunities for his brothers to slightly drift away from fundamentalism as well. But probably not! Sadly. I feel that the men in this cult have greater freedom though so maybe Josiah will have the opportunity to guide his new family a bit towards mainstream conservative Christian lifestyle or whatever, and hopefully Lauren would like that as well. It's not like she really has a choice in that though... 

2 hours ago, Queen said:

One would think that if Josh can molest his sisters, have (or want) casual sex with a woman who's not his wife therefore cheating on Anna, and be forgiven for all that there would be opportunities for his brothers to slightly drift away from fundamentalism as well. But probably not! Sadly. I feel that the men in this cult have greater freedom though so maybe Josiah will have the opportunity to guide his new family a bit towards mainstream conservative Christian lifestyle or whatever, and hopefully Lauren would like that as well. It's not like she really has a choice in that though... 

The whole point of the cult is men can do what ever they want, as long as they are in it because "Jesus saves".

I think the boys/men living at home might be able to have an easier slip up as the girls. But JB is all about being the head of his family. One of them disobeying him, would not go down smoothly. Josh cheating was different as he was already the head of his own family (and I really don’t care about him cheating- that should be between him and his wife). I am also sure that they dealt with his molestation in ways we will never hear about while they covered it all up. No excuse here! That should have never happened and they should have gotten the girls and him appropriate help.

What I want to say- the boys are also fundamentally loosing just not as bad as the girls.

It's really sad that Marjorie didn't work out she seemed exactly his type. Lauren reminds me of Eden from The Handmaid's Tale.

37 minutes ago, justpassingby said:

It's really sad that Marjorie didn't work out she seemed exactly his type. Lauren reminds me of Eden from The Handmaid's Tale.

I'm actually happy to be honest that it didn't work out between them. Majorie has gone far in her life, I doubt she would have if she and Si stayed together.

17 hours ago, justpassingby said:

I have two different takes on how this one could have turned out.  When they were courting, she was 17 or 18?  (Sorry...I remember she was a teen and started college shortly after.  Don’t care enough to look it up.)  He was 19 or early 20s.  

Had they married, maybe she would have two kids by now, no education, as basically following the same plan as Jessa and Ben. Nothing inherently wrong with that, as it seems to suit J+B just fine, but given the fact that Marjorie DID go on to pursue her education and publish a book or two, it maybe wouldn’t have suited her. 

Alternatively, Marjorie and Josiah may have married, gone off to college together, postponed the baby-making, and had some kind of insta-ministry like the “cool Christian couples” tend to do. (Looking at you, Audrey and Jeremy Roloff.)  Part of me wonders if this possibility occurred to Jim Bob and he squashed the courtship to prevent it.

On 6/26/2018 at 7:40 AM, Queen said:

I think Josiah would be forgiven much more for “straying” (and further) than say, Jana. But I think Josh is the golden first son, and he will ALWAYS be more excused than any of the others (save maybe Josie). Josh could murder, and they would say “he has sorrow in his heart for his actions, and forgiveness is in ours” or some shit and spend big $$$$$ to keep him hidden to protect his little feelings, even if Josh really never seemed sorry about murdering but sorry for being caught. If Josiah ever, say, publicly said “hey maybe being gay is okay in god’s eyes” I think there would be a deafening silence by Ma and Pa and curtness that is visible, but no public banishment. Who knows where the line is for any of their daughters. I mean, Jill was essentially fired from the show because of her husband. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I wonder what she’s like as a person.............................heart for the Lord........flowered dresses.......................................................................oh, the possibilities.

On 6/26/2018 at 8:26 PM, Sky with diamonds said:

I'm actually happy to be honest that it didn't work out between them. Majorie has gone far in her life, I doubt she would have if she and Si stayed together.

I think beyond the fact that she's more career-minded than the average fundie girl, she's very PR and optics-savvy. She was courting Josiah RIGHT when the Josh shit was hitting the fan, and I think that's why she noped the fuck out. Being the SIL of an unreformed, unapologetic sexual predator and philanderer isn't very good for your lifestyle brand if you're marketing said lifestyle brand to people who at least pretend they're not OK with unreformed, unapologetic sexual predators. 

51 minutes ago, miss_batson said:

Joint bachelor/bachelorette party, maybe? But then they already had a wedding shower (whatever that's supposed to be...)

Anyway, bring on the wedding already so we can get this over with. After all, we got Baby Vuolo coming up really soon. I can't handle a dual wedding/baby watch :pb_lol:

I think the wedding will be these weekend. Josiah is hinting it with these caption in IG post. And maybe these are old pitcures, i mean two, or three Weeks old. 

4 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I think beyond the fact that she's more career-minded than the average fundie girl, she's very PR and optics-savvy. She was courting Josiah RIGHT when the Josh shit was hitting the fan, and I think that's why she noped the fuck out. Being the SIL of an unreformed, unapologetic sexual predator and philanderer isn't very good for your lifestyle brand if you're marketing said lifestyle brand to people who at least pretend they're not OK with unreformed, unapologetic sexual predators. 

The scandals probably did put her off, I think Josiah also wanted some freedom to do more normal teenager things, not saying he was using her but most boys his age get to date without all the pressures he had at the time. They probably both realised them being together was not going to work out, they stayed friends so I don't see any bitterness between them.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived