• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
The Mother Dust

Online dating advice for young widow

Meh
The Mother Dust

Hi All,

I'm still relatively new to fj, so mods, if somehow this post isn't allowed here, I completely understand if you feel you need to delete it.  I need some advice about online dating, and I figured this site would attract more intelligent and thoughtful people, than say, Yahoo Answers.  I don't have anyone in my "real life" who I can speak with openly about this.  I was widowed in my twenties, after being married for four years.  It was a car accident, so it was rather devastating.  (We didn't have kids)  12 years later and I am in my late 30s, and I haven't been with anyone since the accident.  I am now starting to want to date again though as I am getting rather lonely.   My question is, since I am not yet of the age where a man might expect to date a widowed woman, should I put that I am a widow in my dating profile?  Would that turn men around my age off?   Or should I be upfront about it?    I am also not opposed to dating older, and perhaps a man in his late 40s would be more open to dating a widow than a man in his 30s......  I would greatly appreciate the community's advice.